How to save armor and clothes currently installed

I've spent a lot of time picking out which armor and clothes replacements I like best for my UNPB body. I have about two dozen different armor/clothing mods installed, some of which are only replacing one chest piece or one boot.

After all this work, I'd now like to try out the CBBE body. However, I'd like to save my work I've done and revert back to it later if I decide to go back.

Sorry if this is a noobish question, but how can I save the armor and clothes I have currently installed? Can I just make a copy of the folders and paste them back in when I need to?

I do it myself that way, sort of... I have two zip files containing my data directory on standby just in case I need to reload from a spot I *know* is stable.

1. Clean (as in just installed, vanilla, no mods at all)

2. Standard (containing all my favorite clothing, armor, retexes, patches, new content, etc.)

It *should* work fine... at least it does for me... but there may be alternatives. I don't use Mod Organizer but many people do, and I believe it can take care of things like that for you, using different profiles of mods.

You could just take the folders of each different mod and place them into a new folder then name the folder to the name of the mod also place the .esp in there as well. The folders inside the file should be meshes and textures the .esp should be outside the meshes and texture folders then zip them up with winrar or 7zip that way all you have to do is drop them into your mod managers mod folder that you are using and activate them.

You could just take the folders of each different mod and place them into a new folder then name the folder to the name of the mod also place the .esp in there as well. The folders inside the file should be meshes and textures the .esp should be outside the meshes and texture folders then zip them up with winrar or 7zip that way all you have to do is drop them into your mod managers mod folder that you are using and activate them.

This is a lot easier, quicker, and takes less disk space than copying the entire data directory. It works perfectly if you're just trying to test out a new mod or new meshes or something.

Well actually you don't need to save your stuff to try out the cbbe body just install the cbbe body and you are done there is no need to delete your actual clothing if its really just for the armor it dosen't matter what body you have installed you might get some cliping on the hip with some skimpy armors, but thats it and this should not be a problem for testing purposes after you decided what body you prefer you can still just cut out the stuff or just install the cbbe versions over it.

Archived