IDEA - A Devious Curse

Oshianna

A Devious Curse

So, I was starting a new run with DDi in mind and created a backstory for the character that involved a demon that had put a curse on her. A Devious Curse. This particular curse would strike every 7 days and last for 1 day.

The curse itself was such that on that 7th day, she would begin to dance/sing uncontrolably and this would repeatedly conjure supremely powerful undead/daedra. Also, any NPC that looked into her eyes would immediately become hostile. All of them looking to end her life.

After being left for dead following the first instance of the curse, she knew she must take steps to stop herself from unleashing this type of carnage again.

So, I've been playing a few days and just self-implementing this by binding/gagging/blindfolding her every 7 days and spending 1 full day in bondage. (Legs can be free, as it's the motion of the arms and singing during the dance that weaves the magic. ) It's been terribly fun and quite challenging at times. ( Deep in a Dwemer ruin, right in the middle of a heated battle, it was time again and I barely escaped. )

It got me thinking that it would be much better if it were actually being enforced by a mod.

Some possible ideas would be:

1) Customizable timer for the curse with a random setting.

2) Different types of penalties for not being properly bound when the curse strikes besides just getting attacked.

3) An audio/visual notification that the curse would soon be upon you.

4) Some sort of stat buff or skill bonus during the curse to help avoid enemies. Especially if you use Deviously Helpless.

5) Small quest to actually receive the curse. Perhaps another to remove it.

The only modding I've done so far was making a custom follower and that in itself was quite a hurdle, but I am willing to give this a shot if nobody wants to take the reins on this idea.

EDIT: Holy crap, I somehow ended up borking my Skyrim installation during my futile attempt at this. Damn.

Modding Career /over

If some unkillable NPCs start attack PC by cursed, how could PC stop them?

1. Run

2. Run some more.

3. RUN!!!!!

In all seriousness, that's why I mentioned the stat/skill buff. Like a bonus to speed/stealth to help avoid enemies and hostile NPCs.

The whole point is for the PC to avoid the curse though. Depending on which mods were installed, being defeated doesn't neccessarily mean death. ;)

Archived