Need Help getting SOS for Snow Elves

TwistedNigh

I've been trying to get SOS working for the snow elf race, using the mod "Snow Elf Race - The True Falmer by Hallgarth"

What happens though is when I take my snow elf's clothes off, I instantly crash to desktop.

I've tried to fix this issue and found that the Skeleton.NIF is not the problem, but  when in the Creation Kit if I open the race, go to the Body Data tab and change the 'Skin' from TrueFalmarSkinNakedSnowElf change to SkinNaked then the game will no longer CTD when armour is unequipped, however his body is the wrong colour, ends up too dark, I think because the default skin has a dark tone to it while the snow elf skin was lightened up to get the pale white look.

I think what I need to do is to make the TrueFlamarSkinNakedSnowElf think compatible with SOS, but I don't know how..

When Downloading SOS there is a part in the description that says there is a tutorial to explain how to get SOS working for custom races, but I can't find that tutorial anywhere.

Anyway I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with how to solve this problem.

Anyone have any clues? I'm really stumped by this one, nothing I try seems to work.

Even tried setting the Snow elves to use SkinNAked, and set SkinNaked to use the TrueFalmer textures for High elf and Snow elves, which made high elves all have a mismatched body/head... which I'd have lived with for now.. but for some reason, the game still CTD when my snow elf strips.

I appreciate the help but, unfortunately that link isn't helpful in this case, the issue isn't getting the penis to match his skin colour. The problem is the game crashing to desktop when my character strips. Which happens even when I set him to have no penis in the SOS menu.

What I need to do is get the TrueFalmarSkinNakedSnowElf file to be compatable with SOS. But I just can't work that out, no matter what I do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Skeleton is not the issue.

I can get it working by swapping the NakedBody section in the CK to NakedBodyHighelf, then swap the high elf skin texture for the snow elf one.. but then all high elves have pale torsos that don't match the faces.

I seem to only be able to get the Snow elf working if a break a different race in the process. Think this may be one of the races that just needs a compatibility mod rather than just tweaking meshes, but I have no idea how to make one.

Archived