Help porting Bow from Oblivion

JRCosta

Hello there.

I'm trying to port a Bow from Oblivion, following this tutorial and this video tutorial too, but I've reached a dead end. I've read and redone everything 3 or 4 times but I have no clue what I am doing wrong....

In CK the bow doesn't show (not in Skyrim, don't crash the game but it is invisible), so I'm asking if anyone here can take a look at the nif and point me on the right track (textures included):

BosmerScoutBow.7z

Thanks in advance.

You went wrong somewhere with adding the bones from a skyrim vanilla bow and it was invisible because you had vertex colours 'on' but no vertex colours.

I turned vertex colours off and the mesh became visible but badly stretched. Your UV is good so it had to be the skinning.

Took your mesh and added bones from vanilla bow, it's not a great match and the bow string is well off but it's in game and visible ;)

theres nothing wrong with your mesh/nif really, just just go through that second video tutorial again. Also there a bit missing from that video about adjusting the bow string bones, check this thread out when you can.

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/7016-help-my-animated-mesh-dissapears-after-loading-a-savegame/

Bosmer bow better.7z

post-74432-0-25168400-1413983931_thumb.jpg

post-74432-0-77723600-1413983950_thumb.jpg

post-74432-0-98555000-1413983997_thumb.jpg

You went wrong somewhere with adding the bones from a skyrim vanilla bow and it was invisible because you had vertex colours 'on' but no vertex colours.

I turned vertex colours off and the mesh became visible but badly stretched. Your UV is good so it had to be the skinning.

Took your mesh and added bones from vanilla bow, it's not a great match and the bow string is well off but it's in game and visible ;)

theres nothing wrong with your mesh/nif really, just just go through that second video tutorial again. Also there a bit missing from that video about adjusting the bow string bones, check this thread out when you can.

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/7016-help-my-animated-mesh-dissapears-after-loading-a-savegame/

Thanks! I'll check that thread and try again in another bow. :)

Archived