I have a quest-idea...

after escape from Helgen,an NPC ask you for a little delivery...you should bring a collar to the mistress in the cd-shop.

The master will unequip the collar after complete all cd-quests.

is a ring better than a collar? (multiple assets-issue) and you have not the problem with the collar-resources

You could have both, if they don't clash and are made to work together in messing you up.

Rings could stop hand based stuff.

1. unable to pick up axes ring, bad for Frostfall, but so are all the naked collars.

2. unable to cast magic ring

3. unable to hold weapons ring, so you have to survive on magic.

4. Water drains Stamina ring. Bad in the rain or swimming.

5. Mute ring, you can't shout.

6. Warmth ring... to counteract the cold whe you are nude, when playing Frostfall. ( Craftable )

Some rings should be stuck there until removed by a mage, or some of them, you maybe need Troll fat to remove.

Thieves Guild: Mmm...but then you have no money for food...can't even beg money for food because the gold will go away.  So, maybe have to beg for food scraps...or steal some...of course, with a bell attached to it, thieving might be difficult.

Urgh. I keep on forgetting about drink, sleep, and eat mods of various types. Good point.

some of them, you maybe need Troll fat to remove.

Or Dwemer Oil. I hear it's very good for lubricating... things...

Thieves Guild: Mmm...but then you have no money for food...can't even beg money for food because the gold will go away.  So, maybe have to beg for food scraps...or steal some...of course, with a bell attached to it, thieving might be difficult.

Urgh. I keep on forgetting about drink, sleep, and eat mods of various types. Good point.

Oh, I mean INCORPORATING that into the difficulty, you have to go up to random strangers and beg for food...some would offer you a septim...of course, you know about the curse on the collar so the gold is useless...some might offer you something to eat...in exchange for something else...a few might offer you some food out of generosity/annoyance, of course...others might take what they want from you...you're basically a beggar now, in that position because the Thieves Guild WANTS you there...forget Riften guards helping you.  Due to the rather...low-class nature of the type that would steal from a beggar, you'd best eat things as soon as you get them, because they will steal that FIRST.

Also...enforce a no-follower rule so they can't serve as a food bank (the Thieves Guild is WATCHING you)

Oh, I mean INCORPORATING that into the difficulty, you have to go up to random strangers and beg for food...some would offer you a septim...of course, you know about the curse on the collar so the gold is useless...some might offer you something to eat...in exchange for something else...a few might offer you some food out of generosity/annoyance, of course...others might take what they want from you...you're basically a beggar now, in that position because the Thieves Guild WANTS you there...forget Riften guards helping you.  Due to the rather...low-class nature of the type that would steal from a beggar, you'd best eat things as soon as you get them, because they will steal that FIRST.

Also...enforce a no-follower rule so they can't serve as a food bank (the Thieves Guild is WATCHING you)

Ah, I get it. Much better.

And just because someone doesn't give you food and just takes what they want doesn't mean they're not feeding you...

Do any of those "need" mods take account of the nutrition gotten from oral sex?  :blush:

Ah, I get it. Much better.

And just because someone doesn't give you food and just takes what they want doesn't mean they're not feeding you...

Do any of those "need" mods take account of the nutrition gotten from oral sex?  :blush:

Pretty sure if there isn't a sexlab plugin for RND, there SHOULD be one...though you'd probably have to have give a whole bandit camp oral (assuming moderately increased spawns from OBIS or other spawn mods) just to get what RND calls a Light Snack...it may be very nutritious, but its not exactly available in large volumes...

Added Keyless Pet Collar

Ok, I admit, this gets me deliciously worked up. That is just really, really hot... :blush: I assume this means it would only ever be removable once your magic/lockpicking skills levelled up high enough to tamper with it, based on the settings in the Devious Devices MCM?

Huge thank you for this mod. I love it!

Added Keyless Pet Collar

Ok, I admit, this gets me deliciously worked up. That is just really, really hot... :blush: I assume this means it would only ever be removable once your magic/lockpicking skills levelled up high enough to tamper with it, based on the settings in the Devious Devices MCM?

Exactly...now the only thing the Keyless system needs is to respond to tampering attempts, probably a severe shock on par with the punisher plug from Captured Dreams...or even more severe...maybe a poison along with the shock that debuffs recovery for an extended time.

Ideally, there should be a text response that also gives an idea of how far you have to go to break free.

Added Keyless Pet Collar

Exactly...now the only thing the Keyless system needs is to respond to tampering attempts, probably a severe shock on par with the punisher plug from Captured Dreams...or even more severe...maybe a poison along with the shock that debuffs recovery for an extended time.

Ideally, there should be a text response that also gives an idea of how far you have to go to break free.

Or like your bank account, you get 3 tries a day before it locks up tight for the day... Advanced lock...

Tampering with your lock will also give a 10% chance at getting  the dreaded Dibella's curse for the day, where everything and everyone overpowers  and knocks you down really easy. And once you are on the ground, you're open to some nasty stuff...

Maybe fun at first, but after the sixth knockdown, you'll know to be more careful...

I guess you'll have to stick to ranged attacks with Dibella's curse...

Or like your bank account, you get 3 tries a day before it locks up tight for the day... Advanced lock...

Tampering with your lock will also give a 10% chance at getting  the dreaded Dibella's curse for the day, where everything and everyone overpowers  and knocks you down really easy. And once you are on the ground, you're open to some nasty stuff...

Maybe fun at first, but after the sixth knockdown, you'll know to be more careful...

I guess you'll have to stick to ranged attacks with Dibella's curse...

I don't think it should be Dibella's, she's a goddess of beauty and love.  I don't think being raped by everyone and everything in sight would be part of her plan, that's closer to Molag Bal than Dibella.

I'll stick with hp/magic/stam damage and/or regen debuff for tampering, this could come from anyone, without requiring Aedra or Daedra...WITH text to let you figure out how close you are to having the skill to escape. I used to do escape games in Second Life, frustrating and time consuming...yet very satisfying when you discover that you are a bit closer to escaping...without that "getting closer" effect, I'd just go fuck it, remove the stuff and be on my way.

To summarize:

1. Vampire Pet Collar

Dawnguard tolerate you among their ranks as long as you help them hunt your own kin. The device locked around your neck is designed to kill you in a most painful way if you fail to supply it with vampire dust when the dawn breaks... or get dressed? :lol:

Would require also editing DG questline. But there are some mods that do it already. So, doable. But not a top priority.

2. Custom messages and effects on fiddling with collar for an "escape game"

Doable. After reading DD framework code I think I can extend it for this. Just expect some bugs and borked saves. :lol:

3. Pleasing your Master

Wandering alone makes you sad. You need a strong hand to guide you. A paw is fine too. ^_^

4. Faction defeat interactions

Nah, it's just too much for me. I'd rather don't do it at all than do it badly. Sorry guys. :unsure:

5. Fetching Collar

All your findings belong to us! Transfer all your staff to some container once you loot it. For starving RnD users - cannibalism, ho!

6. Pacifying Collar

Magic / weapons taboo. Use your mouth, Dragonborn! Probably with shackles that bind you when not in danger.

Did I miss something?

To summarize:

1. Vampire Pet Collar

Dawnguard tolerate you among their ranks as long as you help them hunt your own kin. The device locked around your neck is designed to kill you in a most painful way if you fail to supply it with vampire dust when the dawn breaks... or get dressed? :lol:

Would require also editing DG questline. But there are some mods that do it already. So, doable. But not a top priority.

2. Custom messages and effects on fiddling with collar for an "escape game"

Doable. After reading DD framework code I think I can extend it for this. Just expect some bugs and borked saves. :lol:

3. Pleasing your Master

Wandering alone makes you sad. You need a strong hand to guide you. A paw is fine too. ^_^

4. Faction defeat interactions

Nah, it's just too much for me. I'd rather don't do it at all than do it badly. Sorry guys. :unsure:

Did I miss something?

YAY on #2!

I can definitely agree with #4, though, the standard Pet Collar and variants will be plenty of fun, either way.

@ yurik

Would you consider making a version of the keyless collar that also blocks speech while clothed? Rationale being 1) it is difficult to hold a conversation while being electrocuted, and 2) having a normal conversation with someone while collared and clothed is out of line with the premise of the collar (being forced to go nekkid especially when it is humiliating (that's just my take on it anyway)).

Also, running blocks the stagger effect - can/would you apply the stagger to someone who is running?

Yes for both. And quite soon. Muting may break some quests though. Like Thalmor Embassy or Naghtingale.

Crud. There's also Sheogorath's quest, if it's necessary to wear the get-up you get on being transported to his area. I don't have any saves that are anywhere near those points in the TG or Main Quest lines. Anyone know what would happen if you disrobe when you get to the embassy? Or right after putting on the nightingale armor and the quest advances?

switching to stagger for running and paralysis for not-running.

Stagger doesn't really work when running or sprinting, but paralysis does, so...

Found the bug btw. Accidentally left SpeedMult penalty when I was playing with main effect. And It led to some interesting results...

I can't wait for the "collar to make you a pet to your follower/spouse." :)

And/or vice versa!  What would being a pet entail?

Well...

As a pet I'm expected to follow at my master's heels, so that wouldn't work because the master is a follower.

As a pet I rely on my master to feed me, which would work.

As a pet I am dependent on my master's good will... so I must keep him/her happy... so I'm voting for sex...

As a pet I must protect my master in dangerous situations, which happens anyway with a follower... I'm thinking some sort of variables that keep track of the number of times master/follower takes a hit in combat versus the number of times player takes a hit, and if master takes more hits than player, master punishes player for not protecting him/her well enough. Could even be made long-term by keeping track of the total numbers across all combat instances, and the severity of the punishment... or reward... depends on how well you protect your master.

EDIT: Maybe I have to keep hold of master's goods rather than the other way around... this would probably entail randomly adding items to follower inventory and then force-greet the player, transferring the item to the player. The item must remain in the player's inventory until the master wants it. Now this would be only a minor annoyance unless the master was stocking up on dozens of smithing ingots or something... but the force-greet and forcing items into the inventory would reinforce the master-pet relationship dynamic...