• 1 month later...

Hey anyone know what the Id is for the parade quest is, like to finish it.  I just get an infinite loading screen cause my PC is trash. Im so close to finishing it's really getting to me. Gonna try losing an earlier save, doing all the small quests then killing them off so it might load better. 

2 hours ago, RoxyLalonde said:

i'm trying to complete the rubber parade quest, but whenever i go and talk to the mistress to get the gear removed it triggers a permanent black screen :/ anyone know the quest id so i can skip or a command to trigger the sight back on?

Try using the command line to move to another locations once you get the black screen.
I did my favourite "coc whiterunstables" and after couple of seconds after the teleportation the sight came back - don't panic if it's not back after first few seconds.
Hope it helps.

The mod is pretty awesome and I enjoyed it greatly, apart from few nasty bugs close to the end that forced me to skip certain stages.

@Hiroto, well, I tried that obviously :P Multiple times. Must be something with my installation of the mod, cause the 1st time I encountered him during letter delivery he was immortal as well instead of teleporting away. Had to escape from him to continue. Sadly that wasn't an option in the mentioned quest.

3 hours ago, RoxyLalonde said:

i'm trying to complete the rubber parade quest, but whenever i go and talk to the mistress to get the gear removed it triggers a permanent black screen :/ anyone know the quest id so i can skip or a command to trigger the sight back on?

fixed it :) the quest id is tir_twr_parade01 if anyone is interested.. it wasnt showing up with my showquesttargets command for some reason but it showed when i loaded to an older save :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally started the content of this mod after having it installed for years now. One thing I am having a problem with is dialogues with characters like the mistress or the pink slave in the lobby are skipping while they are talking. I mean the subtitles are just not there only the characters acting as if they are still talking. I don't get any dialogue from them again until they actually stop talking so I miss a lot of what they had to say and then have to make a dialogue choice with no idea what was just said. The author mentioned there could be a problem with sexlab dialogues mod and this mod maybe this is the problem? How do I fix it?

Alright, I need some help.

I'm trying to finish the party quest, Rubber Waitress, but any time I tell the cook to fetch an item I get locked in place, and the cook never hands the item over. I'm just stuck standing at the kitchen counter, unable to move; the cook walks over to where the item is supposed to be (the oven for steak, the wine shelf for wine), then walks back and stands in front of me, but I never get an item acquired prompt, and I'm never able to unstick myself

I'm also having weird bugs leading up to this (the runaway slave never moves, and just keeps returning back to the entrance of each cell anytime I go through a door - I had to use a mod to throw her in front of the mistress myself in order to progress; save files inside the tower seem to straight-up disappear from the save/load list; half of the purple suit slave's dialogue during the tour doesn't seem to show up for some reason), but this is the first bug so far that's entirely game-halting. Has anyone heard of anything like this before? Do I need to just use console commands to skip this quest (and, if so, what commands in particular should I use?)

I'll include my modlist if anyone thinks that might help. I'm aware I'm running lots of mods, but I didn't think any of them would conflict with this in particular.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Skyrim Modlist.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, johntrine said:

guys, is there any way for the catsuits in this mod to have custom bodyslide instead of default?

You can build them in bodyslide via either the Devious Devices mods, or the standalone one (I can't remember where that is, unfortunately), and then replace the meshes from either into the meshes/clothes/tir_catsuit folder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A few bugs I noticed.

Some catsuits (such as light grey) do not have the scripts on them, so you can't leave the basement in them.

TiR scripts pop-up a box even if the state isn't changing. This is a bug, and can lead to game-breaking behavior when some quest scripts go bad and spam you with equip calls, which can happen - in the gauntlet for example. This is easily fixed.

A lot of the suits lack the correct slots for arms and legs.

The colored suits in the basement chest are useless, because they do not have the required scripts on them. The original author apparently didn't get the difference between regular container objects vs ObjReferences. When you pull a suit from the container, it's missing its scripts; you need to make an ObjReference from the base object to get a working script object. The first suit you get at the start of the quest works, as does the suit that comes from the gauntlet because they are ObjReferences. Others do not.

TiR uses DD items but does not set quest or DD flags on the suit, causing conflicts where mod-applied DD items can result in a variation of the problem above, but with the body slot, not the slot used by the mask. I set some the Suit flag, but was ultimately wary of setting the DD quest flag as it might break some scripts in TIR itself, such as the remove items feature.

Speaking of which, The Mistress will remove devices, but the DD4 update broke her ability to remove heavy-bondage (as it did for every other DD3 mod). That script needs a small update and recompile to work.

I also found that the party quest was prone to hang on the end of the cook scene, sometimes reset of Skyrim and reload of save would fix.
I modified the later quest stages to reset that scene explicitly, which -seemed- to solve the problem, though there was no logical cause of it, and it didn't happen at all in some plays.

Editing the devices to fix the slots and flags so things go more smoothly is not particularly difficult, but it's useful to know in advance.

You need to know this stuff if you plan to play the mod.

Your game WILL totally block during the "exam" if you don't fix the slot conflict issue before starting the Rubber School quest.

Also, new players should be warned that information about issues and compatibility with DD on the front-page of TiR is out-of-date.

e.g.

Gas Masks will not be hidden by the DD device-hider. Gas-masks will show up just fine.

However, chastity belts and harnesses from the pony quests will be hidden (by default).

This is not a bug, just device-hider working as intended (however silly it may be) and can easily be corrected in the DD MCM for the "Devices Underneath".

I'm not certain to what extent TiR is trying to be a DD mod vs trying not to be.

The approach made sense when it was written, but things have changed, and TiR should either support DD properly, or not require it at all.

The suit/gasmask combo could be made substantially more DD compatible by the addition of the correct flags, and you can do that for yourself quite easily.

There isn't any special need to make it fit/remove through the DD system, as the existing scripts are fine - except for their failure to to check for DD items in the same slot before executing their "lock" script. This is a serious oversight, and was a problem even a few years ago. If it happens, it leads to total game-lock when it occurs.

The TiR mask uses the hair slot, and on the AA also the ears and long-hair slots. Fortunately, I don't think any regular DD devices use that slot.

The TiR suit however ... uses the body slot ... obviously ... and that definitely can conflict with DD.

I'm not sure if anyone offered patches back in the history of this thread. There's no way I'm re-reading back even a mere 20 pages, never mind the entire 104, so see what patches have been offered up.

I may make my own patch available somehow. Depends on how much work I end up putting into it.

One particular of the MXR masks is that the eye-holes are too high up. When you look at your character in one you're probably looking at the top of their eye and their eyebrow. You can warp your face to fit the mask, though it looks ... odd. It would be nice to tweak these in OutfitStudio so the lenses are lower down and closer together. You would then probably be able to just about see what you're doing in IFPV with the mask enabled, which would be a fun novelty, though not terribly practical.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:43 PM, Inte said:

So sad to see this go the way of the Dodo. :classic_sad:

@Inte how is TiR dead?

The effort required to play it is minor compared to a Delzaron mod :) 

Nearly everything is still working about as well as it ever did.

Sure, there is a sad lack of real support for features people take for granted now, such as needs, bathing, SLSO, modern-DD (+Lore), PoP, defeat mods, Simple Slavery, Slaverun Reloaded, SLS, or STA...

But most of those things were already around when TiR was peaking. Like CD, it assumes you're going to drop everything else from your LO and drink the CD/TiR koolaid.

So far, I've come across some scenes sticking for no obvious reason and some ever-so-slightly game-breaking slot conflicts, and sometimes a vital NPC will lock themselves in an unreachable location (sigh), but that only happens if you trigger certain branches.

It is a long way from "every single quest is broken, every NPC is in the wrong place, nobody has a quest marker, the quest objectives are mostly confusing gibberish" Things in the Dark territory. 

See my blog post for more depth/background here: 

1 hour ago, Inte said:

As in the story, content and compatibility. 

The first two have been ... as they are ... for years now, so what I mean is that it's hardly a new situation.

And for compatibility ... the DD conflicts are not game-breaking, just what Kimy did to every DD mod that limped along afterwards.

She was just gently teaching us that DD exists only to support DCL. It doesn't matter how it works for anything else.

We need to understand that we use it only at her sufferance.

The pity is really that TiR has any dependence on DD at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, Lupine00 said:

A few bugs I noticed.

Some catsuits (such as light grey) do not have the scripts on them, so you can't leave the basement in them.

TiR scripts pop-up a box even if the state isn't changing. This is a bug, and can lead to game-breaking behavior when some quest scripts go bad and spam you with equip calls, which can happen - in the gauntlet for example. This is easily fixed.

A lot of the suits lack the correct slots for arms and legs.

The colored suits in the basement chest are useless, because they do not have the required scripts on them. The original author apparently didn't get the difference between regular container objects vs ObjReferences. When you pull a suit from the container, it's missing its scripts; you need to make an ObjReference from the base object to get a working script object. The first suit you get at the start of the quest works, as does the suit that comes from the gauntlet because they are ObjReferences. Others do not.

TiR uses DD items but does not set quest or DD flags on the suit, causing conflicts where mod-applied DD items can result in a variation of the problem above, but with the body slot, not the slot used by the mask. I set some the Suit flag, but was ultimately wary of setting the DD quest flag as it might break some scripts in TIR itself, such as the remove items feature.

Speaking of which, The Mistress will remove devices, but the DD4 update broke her ability to remove heavy-bondage (as it did for every other DD3 mod). That script needs a small update and recompile to work.

I also found that the party quest was prone to hang on the end of the cook scene, sometimes reset of Skyrim and reload of save would fix.
I modified the later quest stages to reset that scene explicitly, which -seemed- to solve the problem, though there was no logical cause of it, and it didn't happen at all in some plays.

Editing the devices to fix the slots and flags so things go more smoothly is not particularly difficult, but it's useful to know in advance.

You need to know this stuff if you plan to play the mod.

Your game WILL totally block during the "exam" if you don't fix the slot conflict issue before starting the Rubber School quest.

Also, new players should be warned that information about issues and compatibility with DD on the front-page of TiR is out-of-date.

e.g.

Gas Masks will not be hidden by the DD device-hider. Gas-masks will show up just fine.

However, chastity belts and harnesses from the pony quests will be hidden (by default).

This is not a bug, just device-hider working as intended (however silly it may be) and can easily be corrected in the DD MCM for the "Devices Underneath".

I'm not certain to what extent TiR is trying to be a DD mod vs trying not to be.

The approach made sense when it was written, but things have changed, and TiR should either support DD properly, or not require it at all.

The suit/gasmask combo could be made substantially more DD compatible by the addition of the correct flags, and you can do that for yourself quite easily.

There isn't any special need to make it fit/remove through the DD system, as the existing scripts are fine - except for their failure to to check for DD items in the same slot before executing their "lock" script. This is a serious oversight, and was a problem even a few years ago. If it happens, it leads to total game-lock when it occurs.

The TiR mask uses the hair slot, and on the AA also the ears and long-hair slots. Fortunately, I don't think any regular DD devices use that slot.

The TiR suit however ... uses the body slot ... obviously ... and that definitely can conflict with DD.

I'm not sure if anyone offered patches back in the history of this thread. There's no way I'm re-reading back even a mere 20 pages, never mind the entire 104, so see what patches have been offered up.

I may make my own patch available somehow. Depends on how much work I end up putting into it.

One particular of the MXR masks is that the eye-holes are too high up. When you look at your character in one you're probably looking at the top of their eye and their eyebrow. You can warp your face to fit the mask, though it looks ... odd. It would be nice to tweak these in OutfitStudio so the lenses are lower down and closer together. You would then probably be able to just about see what you're doing in IFPV with the mask enabled, which would be a fun novelty, though not terribly practical.

I for one would greatly appreciate if you would release your patch if you decide to follow through with one.  I enjoyed this mod and would like to play through again, but was waiting for an update that never came.  the author had other things planned, and was working on the content, but seemed to have lost intrest.

I never really liked the gas masks, They seemed out of place.  I think I would have gone with the gimp hood with eye covers or something.  I tried simulating this by wearing a blindfold under the hood so that the eye holes would be filled with color of the blindfold. It mostly works, but there are gaps.   If I knew how to fill in those eye holes on the hood mesh, I would do it.  Glowing eyes!  I feel this would fit into the magic theme better, and also make the player feel more like just another rubber doll like the rest of them with no real identity other than the color of their suit.  The eating/drinking issue, well, magic can explain that as well.  The gas mask has this problem as well.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:12 AM, Lupine00 said:

The pity is really that TiR has any dependence on DD at all.

Ignoring the rest of your infantile rant, but yeah, why would a BDSM mod use a BDSM framework anyway! ?

In case you're interested, unless TiR's author used ManipulateGenericDevice() calls to equip or unequip the suit (which would be a super silly thing to do, so I assume they did not) you can safely add the zad_BlockGeneric keyword to TiR items to make them a bit more resilient against random removal. Most DD mods do respect the flag.

If you want the zad_QuestItem keyword to further harden the items, you need to change the API calls for each item. If you just use regular equipDevice()/removeDevice() calls for devices marked with this keyword, the calls will fail and stuff will obviously break.

I always liked TiR. Except the gasmasks, that is. I don't have the time to look at patching it, but if someone else would bring it up to date, I'd like that.

4 hours ago, slvsaris said:

I for one would greatly appreciate if you would release your patch if you decide to follow through with one.

I want to get DF 2.12 out, so at the moment I'm only doing that.

On reflection, I think for a patch to be worth it, I should fix the DD heavy bondage issue as it breaks intended mechanics and makes the pony girls look bad.

There are more complex issues that need a fix I don't want to spend time on. The Mistress' tendency to wander off down into the basement so you can't talk to her for example.

That could be worked around by letting you go into the basement "at will" once you're inducted. There is no down-side to that, as you'll be wearing the suit, and should be able to come and go like that. Her habit of porting to the party room is a bit more problematic, as that effectively has no doors in or out. That seems to need a trigger box on approaching the tower door that ports her back into place. Possibly also some package condition fixes. That stuff takes time and I still have my TitD patch to do.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I want to get DF 2.12 out, so at the moment I'm only doing that.

On reflection, I think for a patch to be worth it, I should fix the DD heavy bondage issue as it breaks intended mechanics and makes the pony girls look bad.

There are more complex issues that need a fix I don't want to spend time on. The Mistress' tendency to wander off down into the basement so you can't talk to her for example.

That could be worked around by letting you go into the basement "at will" once you're inducted. There is no down-side to that, as you'll be wearing the suit, and should be able to come and go like that. Her habit of porting to the party room is a bit more problematic, as that effectively has no doors in or out. That seems to need a trigger box on approaching the tower door that ports her back into place. Possibly also some package condition fixes. That stuff takes time and I still have my TitD patch to do.

No worries, I am just glad you are even considering working on some of these old broken mods.   I had aspirations to do some work on Delzaron 's  Deadly Pleasures mod because I likes the concept, but didn't like all the problems it had.  Have a long way to go before I can tackle that.  Currently working on a mod that adds a fun basement to Haelga's Bunkhouse.  Have all the cool stuff there, now just have to lay out what I want the mod to do and how to do it.  Hell, I just figured out how to make a lever open a door lol.

5 hours ago, slvsaris said:

Currently working on a mod that adds a fun basement to Haelga's Bunkhouse.

That would be so wonderful if it could work with SD+ a bit.

Deadly Pleasures ... yes ... not even all that old ... a lot of problems, not least that you require the paid version of the Kom anims.

DP says you don't need that ... and you can sort of play the mod without them ... but time and time again sex won't start and just skips, and it's trying to play a paid animation.

I liked the idea too, but the execution is even less reliable than some of his older mods, and the general lack of a lot of expected props (furniture, devices, spanking, whipping), coercion, or appropriate dialog,  in a mod that features an actual debauch with Molag Bal, stuck me as a bit of a gap. The orgy parties are interesting efforts, and the first is kind of cool, but the second is completely broken, which upsets the climax of the story.

The NPCs promise a lot of story and plot, then for the most part, do not deliver. There's an attempt to do it properly for one character, but even that ends up being cursory, and the rest simply aren't implemented. As usual, Delzaron got bored and started a new mod rather than sticking at DP until it worked reliably enough to play rather than play with. Delzaron is great for ideas, but once it comes to debugging, and methodical chores (and code to make them less tedious) like adding quest waypoints and working objectives, he moves on.

For its size TitD is comparatively reliable, compared to DP, which is much smaller. Trapped in Rubber is more reliable than either.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

That would be so wonderful if it could work with SD+ a bit.

Deadly Pleasures ... yes ... not even all that old ... a lot of problems, not least that you require the paid version of the Kom anims.

DP says you don't need that ... and you can sort of play the mod without them ... but time and time again sex won't start and just skips, and it's trying to play a paid animation.

I liked the idea too, but the execution is even less reliable than some of his older mods, and the general lack of a lot of expected props (furniture, devices, spanking, whipping), coercion, or appropriate dialog,  in a mod that features an actual debauch with Molag Bal, stuck me as a bit of a gap. The orgy parties are interesting efforts, and the first is kind of cool, but the second is completely broken, which upsets the climax of the story.

The NPCs promise a lot of story and plot, then for the most part, do not deliver. There's an attempt to do it properly for one character, but even that ends up being cursory, and the rest simply aren't implemented. As usual, Delzaron got bored and started a new mod rather than sticking at DP until it worked reliably enough to play rather than play with. Delzaron is great for ideas, but once it comes to debugging, and methodical chores (and code to make them less tedious) like adding quest waypoints and working objectives, he moves on.

For its size TitD is comparatively reliable, compared to DP, which is much smaller. Trapped in Rubber is more reliable than either.

The SD+ tie-in was the reason for starting the mod.  There is a mod called Riften Torture Chamber I downloaded a long time ago that started down that path, but did not go far enough.

To be honest, I am not sure why Deadly Pleasures was limited to Kom anims.  The machine animations are ok, and reasonable (though some are broken).  The others, which I guess are the creature animations come to think of it, are kinda outrageous.  If I were to ever do something like this I would be tapping into other animation packs as well.  There are many that would fit wonderfully into Deadly Pleasures, and they work properly.  Maybe someday.  I did like that deadly pleasures allowed the player "vacation time".  This is one way to allow the player to still play the game, yet still be immersed in the mod.   I was disappointed that there was no punishment for ignoring the summons though.