View File

This is an incredibly small plugin I had written some time ago that lets your pc equip a different version of clothings/armors than npcs.

Sorry no screenshot.

requirement:

Oblivion script extender v20 or higher (obse.silverlock.org)

how to use:

1. drop the plugin into your data folder and enable it via mod manager.

2. if you want some armor look different for the player, copy that nif file to the original armor location.

for example, female fur armors are located at \data\meshes\armor\fur\f\ folder.

there you will find the nif files names 'cuirass.nif' or something similar.

copy 'your_cool_armor.nif' to there and rename it to 'cuirass_pconly.nif'.

3. now your pc will equip the 'your_cool_armor.nif' instead of typical fur cuirass, while the other npcs will still equip the normal fur cuirass.

* this mod is load order independent.

WARNING:

- Do not use this plugin with Break Armor or TamagoSetBody. Very old TamagoSetBody versions (before revised - that is, original unmodified versions) are ok.

- I repeat, do not invent any reason that you should enable them together with this plugin.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/02/2014
  • Category
  • Requires

Ok, I didn't intend to maintain this plugin too seriously, but see if the new version fixes that problem.

Also note that there always an one frame interval of vulnerability. If an npc equips the same armor as you right after you but in the same frame, mesh path or hers is same as yours.

Ok, I didn't intend to maintain this plugin too seriously, but see if the new version fixes that problem.

Also note that there always an one frame interval of vulnerability. If an npc equips the same armor as you right after you but in the same frame, mesh path or hers is same as yours.

movomo, did you look at player only armors at the nexus?

it isnt streamlined like yours and takes alot of time to setup, i know i did i coverted the OOO set to it.

but it fixes the compatibility with break armor and npc using your custom nif.

it isnt streamlined like yours and takes alot of time to setup, i know i did i coverted the OOO set to it.

Great. Well, no, I didn't know that! Thanks.

Could you give me the link to it? or, the exact search keyword of it?

How exactly does that work?

Crap.

That would mean I have to actually load this up and see what's happening in game.

I don't have much time these days. Will take some time.

One bad thing about events is that you never know when exactly it is because you were sleeping.

Which is the best thing of event handler at the same time.

One know issue in this is that I'm assuming the user un/equip items with reasonably slow frequency.

Once any "scripted" fast armor equip/unequip call is involved, it is possible that this forgets about older tasks and processes only the latest item. Back when I was writing this plugin I was too lazy to think about it.

There's also a couple of things to be fixed. I'll do that too soon

*Edit*

try this.

PlayerClothingReplacer_v_1_0_2.7z

Great. Well, no, I didn't know that! Thanks.

Could you give me the link to it? or, the exact search keyword of it?

How exactly does that work?

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/39236/?

I did the SI , OOO, MMM, FCOM versions. Never got around to releasing due to hardisk wipe.

Heres the explanation.

What it does is use the minimalist way possible, whenever you get a clothing or an armor you simple get the version of the armor/clothing that is skimpyfied or your own custom meshes.

But how?

Super minimalist script - when a player picks up for example chainmail, it removes it to the player then adds a chainmail custom mesh to the player.

The beauty of this is that the player is the only one that will have the unique versions, and when you give the unique versions to other npc it applies the same effect but reverse.

I see.

Well I guess that's a very good way. except that it directly modifies so many stock items to attach scripts on them.

Hmm but, what about the npcs?

In this original plugin I only see OnAdd Player blocks. I think they will do precisely nothing on npcs.. You have corrected them?

Works fine now thanks :)

PS - If you do decide to go down the route of creating entirely new items (base form IDs) so that the original item mesh paths are left untouched, remember that some mods compatibility may be broken as they scan for items by form ID. It would be a lot more robust otherwise though.

That's very good to hear. Thanks for testing it.

I realized that I can't get away from this now that I released it.

:)

anyway, I seriously think that Mailamea's DMRA replacer approach is very good. Because it's compatible with the other mesh-swap frameworks. Unless you are using any plugin that attaches script to stock clotings/armors (and you don't care about armor health), you may want to use hers instead of mine.

PS - If you do decide to go down the route of creating entirely new items (base form IDs) so that the original item mesh paths are left untouched, remember that some mods compatibility may be broken as they scan for items by form ID. It would be a lot more robust otherwise though.

No, I won't, because I don't know any way to properly delete cloned items. Unless it is cloned, I won't be able to handle enchanted dynamic refs.

Once a new item is created, it must be destroyed at some point. That's an unwritten rule. But I don't know how.

And I.. don't like doing CS work. creating new items in CS is not fun.

not fun I say. I respect Mailamea for that...

That's very good to here. Thanks for testing it.

I realized that I can't get away from this now that I released it.

:)

anyway, I seriously think that Mailamea's DMRA replacer approach is very good. Because it's compatible with the other mesh-swap frameworks. Unless you are using any plugin that attaches script to stock clotings/armors (and you don't care about armor health), you may want to use hers instead of mine.

If you get time, you may want to take a look at this older mod http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36324/?

as it has some interesting features.

I can't find it now on the nexus unfortunately, but at some point there was also a setbody mod that also dealt with clothing/armor by adding a new item every time an item was equipped.

I think it was called setbody extended.

Yes, I had noticed that mod before, but hadn't actually tried.

I'll look into what it's doing later.

In the mean time, the OP updated to 1.02.

I can't find it now on the nexus unfortunately, but at some point there was also a setbody mod that also dealt with clothing/armor by adding a new item every time an item was equipped.

That's bad. No idea why it is not accessable. But I remember that mod... You can configure the mod by categorizing npcs by faction.

But if I remember correctly, it was achieving it by "cloning" items.

And couldn't delete them.

"clothing fitted by body type" isn't my goal at the moment. It isn't impossible, but that would require quite a lot or work.

That's bad. No idea why it is not accessable. But I remember that mod... You can configure the mod by categorizing npcs by faction.

"clothing fitted by body type" isn't my goal at the moment. It isn't impossible, but that would require quite a lot or work.

On deleting cloned forms....

I believe this plugin has a command for that, although it is experimental.

http://www.zenthought.org/content/project/refstuff

Last command on the page.

Ah, turns out it was called set body expanded not extended.

Found it here http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/39371

Perhaps a clone form approach would be viable if restuff could be used to delete cloned refs.

• 1 year later...

With what's available, now a wonderfully talented modder could use blockhead to give race and gender specific body and clothes/armors, then using setbody with its lovers joystick, makes sure everyone keeps their bodies during sex. All that would be left is to make the tama/hiyo system fully work with the combination.

Of course, then there would need to be replacers for any mod that adds any new clothing/armors that npcs can use.