Animated Katana and one extra pose

Credits: DMC mesh/texture is ported from TES4 mode by Shokkimonkii

******************* INTRODUCTION *******************************

This mod just add an animated katana and one extra pose which use an ingredient to activate it

******************* INSTALLATION *******************************

The uploaded file is Wrye Bash ready. installing via it is recommended, or you can only extract the file to the skyrim data folder

****************** ANIMATED KATANA ****************************

You can craft this weapon without any perk required, and it is in the daedric category

The animated effect can be seen as the GIF animation below

gg_low.gif

Before drawn, the katana is held by left hand and after drawn, the sword and scabbard are held by right hand and left hand respectively.

Currently, some animation glitch exist when you drawn the katana due to the switching of weapon instance.

2012-02-14_00013.jpg

******************* POSE ***********************************

Also, as an attempt of making a pose mode before there are ways to modify Havok behavior files, I only implements an ingredient to apply the pose. You can check the screenshot below for the information of it. Use 'help' console comnand to get it! (help yamato 4)

Q: How to leave pose mode?

A: jump. always jump when you cannot equip weapons, or play any other regular animation. jump will rest the behavior state of the actor.

(er... I have no idea if you make NPC eat this ingredient)

2012-02-15_00006.jpg

OnePoseAndAnimatedYamato.7z

Dose the pose animation replace something or it is a new animation accessed during game-play?

This pose replaces an animation in a certain quest(TG05 in esp?),and I guess it won't affect the game play in the most of time. Without a matched version of havok behavior SDK, I'm afraid adding new animation is a very tough task, unless someone makes a behavior (not animation) hkx reader/writer.

Dose the pose animation replace something or it is a new animation accessed during game-play?

This pose replaces an animation in a certain quest(TG05 in esp?)' date='and I guess it won't affect the game play in the most of time. Without a matched version of havok behavior SDK, I'm afraid adding new animation is a very tough task, unless someone makes a behavior (not animation) hkx reader/writer.

[/quote']

Yeah that's what I thought, was just hoping it wasn't that's all lol. Thanks by the way!

Thanks for this awesome mod, but

can someone please help me, it seems not to work for me. :(

When equipping the weapon it is held in the left hand with the animation of the cordes, so far so good. But when I try to draw the sword, there is no changing, my char then draws an invisible sword from his hip and the blade still remains is in the scabbard. Did anyone encounter that too? Maybe not triggering script? What should I do. I thought simply drawing and unsheathing was enough.

post-36011-13597873152777_thumb.jpg

Thanks for this awesome mod' date=' but

When equipping the weapon it is held in the left hand with the animation of the cordes, so far so good. But when I try to draw the sword, there is no changing, my char then draws an invisible sword from his hip and the blade still remains is in the scabbard. Did anyone encounter that too? Maybe not triggering script? What should I do. I thought simply drawing and unsheathing was enough.

[/quote']

Seems like it's working fine for everyone (tested it myself too), most likely you have another mod that's conflicting with it.

It switches to a different weapon model when you draw the weapon so it might have to do with other weapon mods you have, but that's just a guess.

Thanks for this awesome mod' date=' but

[/quote']

This is really a great mod, almost exactly what I've been looking for, all it needs is the ability to use the scabbard as a shield.

I'm encountering the same problem as you. I've tried removing other mods that I think I've installed after this one, but nothing worked. Does anyone have a solution?