Animations don't work. DO NOT BUY OR TAKE... in inventory.

lolo12

(Sorry for my english and this is my first post)

I have problem with animations - they don't work. I think the problem is that I accidentally took DO NOT BUY OR TAKE token. I've checked this by starting new game. Everything was fine and after I took token from NPC, the animations stopped working (nothing happens after dialog).
Removeitem doesn't work (even after removing token, animations don't work).
Companions works fine (Raul had sex with Veronica and everything was fine with animations).
Command for Sexout...final...blablabla doesn't work.
I've not removed nvse file.
I've reinstalled all mods.

I know there are many topics like this but solutions do not work.

Thanks for answers

if that not working is not SexoutNG problem is maybe other mod you have or your load order of .esm is wrong try to do this

FalloutNV.esm

All DLC

Sexout.esm

and all other Sexout mods.esm

.esp file is not a problem but if you have .esm load order wrong your SexoutNG will not work. other mods are Poses mods will break sex animations and Body by races mod.

Confirmed. Clean savegame not works. Tested five or six times already. Only previous saves works.

I made a clean save, load only with basic required mods and SexoutSex.esp
All text rows appears in dialogues as they should but no animation between PC and NPC starts nor vib\mast functions work on clean save loaded with Sexout.
What command I should use on NPC to see if any masturbation\vibration or other Sexout function works?

Confirmed. Clean savegame not works. Tested five or six times already. Only previous saves works.

I made a clean save, load only with basic required mods and SexoutSex.esp

All text rows appears in dialogues as they should but no animation between PC and NPC starts nor vib\mast functions work on clean save loaded with Sexout.

What command I should use on NPC to see if any masturbation\vibration or other Sexout function works?

I have the same problem, I test 5-6 new games and none works.  

Eurika! Rejoice fellow jer.. folks! :blush:

Found that cleaning should include deleting an additional *.nvse file in your savegames folder. For example, I want to load a saved game "mylastsavedgame.fos". So I go to savegame folder, found a "mylastsavedgame.fos" and near it there is "mylastsavedgame.nvse" file over 10kb. Deleting this file associated with your save will clean something I do not know what but it helps.

Eurika! Rejoice fellow jer.. folks! :blush:

Found that cleaning should include deleting an additional *.nvse file in your savegames folder. For example, I want to load a saved game "mylastsavedgame.fos". So I go to savegame folder, found a "mylastsavedgame.fos" and near it there is "mylastsavedgame.nvse" file over 10kb. Deleting this file associated with your save will clean something I do not know what but it helps.

From what I read in another thread, this might break other nvse things though. I don't know much about it but they strongly advised against it.

From what I read in another thread, this might break other nvse things though. I don't know much about it but they strongly advised against it.

Unfortunately, it was the only thing that help to make a clean savegame or restore corrupted sexout stance to working one.

Similar issue here.

I just installed SexoutNG, Assault and Sexout Sex (with skeleton and SCR items) and it all works good except no animations as well.

Just a lot of standing and huffing and puffing when a sex act is initiated  :) 

I tried masturbation and it doesn't work either, not sure if that helps, but I thought I would mention it.

I only have 1 save with the mod installed, but would like to know if it can be fixed somehow before continuing on and affecting more saves, or if I should remove the mods and revert back to a sexless Fallout ;)

Cheers!

Can someone post the locations of all the "DO NOT BUY OR TAKE..." misc items out there?  I think the first one is on one of the bodies in Goodsprings cave.  Where are the other ones located? This should be posted to help warn others from this game breaking glitch.

Thats not possible ... :)

This items/tokens are added by sexout while ...

(OK, someone else can explain in better, but I try)

... This tokens are added by sexout. So sexoutNG can check: OK, this actor/NPC has to perform a specific animation (for example) and if the animation ends, sexout will remove the token, so that it can check: OK, this actor/npc is free and can get a new animation. If you are killing an NPC (or he was killed by a monster or ...) while he was in a sexout animation, the token will remain on him. and if you loot him now by taking all his items, you will get the sexout-token, too. Now sexout will think, that you have a running animation on your courier and you can not get another one. And there is something with the NX-variables in the NVSE save files, too.

But ... as I've written ... there are more experienced modders here, who can explain this much better.

Last, but not least: This tokens are named: Do Not Buy Or Take ... because you never should buy or take them, but they are needed, and can be everywhere on everyone in the game.

• 2 months later...

The solutions do work. You need to follow them exactly.

1. Disable sexout and all sexout mods.

2. Load game.

3. Save game.

4. Reenable sexout and mods.

5. Load game from step 3.

Done.

Confirmed this does work with the Token to be removed.  But then if you try a Sex Scene again, most of the time you get, yet, another token and the animations/dialouge stops working again.  Even with all the tools necessary: Loot/FNVEdit/FOEedit/Script extenders working.  Updates installed.   The problem seems to be with a sex mod somewheres, even when you reinstall everything several times by the tutorials that are giving in here.  I did find out if an NPC gets bugged, like falling through the ground and disappearing after the act, gives this Token, as well as your character getting bugged by something.

So it is like the mod does not allow you to have sex switching from partner to partner.  Its like you are only allow to have sex with this one NPC first, then you can move to the next afterwards.  If said NPC is bugged its like whatever mod thinks you are still having sex with said NPC, eventhough he or she disappeared after you had sex with them.  Leaves this token.

Spending more time disabling ALL sexout mods and re-enabling constantly takes the fun out of Playing/testing these mods.  There has to be an alternative to RID this token thingy.

If there's a mod that's causing the problem, there's very little you can do besides a lot of tedious testing with enabling and disabling different mods after making a clean save, and just doing the legwork to track it down. There's no "alternative" to doing the hard work when some mod is misbehaving.

As for the token itself -- it's NOT what causes scenes to not work. There are two steps to a sex act starting, broadly speaking.

1. The mod decides it wants to start a scene, and makes the sexout calls.

2. Sexout decides the scene is ok to run, and starts running it.

In step #1 if the mod is checking for the presence of a token to prevent sex, it will not present you with the choice to start the scene if the token is present, so we'll assume that this step is a success and we move on to step #2.

In step #2, sexout itself does not base the decision on the presence of tokens at all, it uses an NX variable on the actor as a "lock." If the actor is locked, you get a message in the console (debug mode in sexout -- not scanner debug, just normal -- may need to be enabled) that says the actor is in use. If this happens the actors do not undress or perform any of the sexout activities.

So to determine just what is going on, as a first step, you need to check the log (ideally log it to a file with SCOF) and see just what is happening and what isn't. Just looking at what you see on the screen is a VERY poor debugging method, as there are hundreds if not thousands of things going on in the background between visual changes up until the animation actually starts.

• 5 months later...

I've had this problem several times.............
[auto looter mod that takes everything it can even the flipping microphone in the dlc deadmoney...........]

and any time the animations stop working i do this
player.inv

shows everything in my inventory via console list
[depending on how much stuff you got you might want to store it all in a container then do then console command player.inv]

find the DO NOT BUY OR TAKE ....or similar sexout token then
player.removeitem ******* 10......just for good measure

i keep telling myself to make a bat file that'll remove all the tokens that stop sex on my character.

...................i do actually need to check that method to see does it still work
worked that time!

Archived