Why can't my pc run Skyrim?

Docuwal

Klaus, your running high resolution texture packs and such on your 4670 with FXAA and enb?

I believe his main issue is his choice of mods and possibly background programs. but then again when talking about computers who really knows what could be happening... the more you think you know about computers the more you begin to realize they are a complete fucking mystery.

^It's probably a combo of those. And yup, im using the 2k pack but im using the LITE version, im not using an injector but i have fxaa enabled. From just looking at his spec, to me his CPU (and also video memory) seems to be the problem as those were the "budget" dual cores from a while back when C2D were all the rage. I have a C2D E4400(OC'd) @ 2.5ghz btw. Maybe he can increase his paging file? It for the most part stopped APB from crashing for me when I only had 2GB.

A Geforce GT240 is not enough realistically to run Skyrim. The GT240 is definitely a lot slower than the Geforce 8800 despite it being a generation higher than it. And the game will definitely default to Low given the current specs to it.

You'd need to upgrade to something akin to a Geforce GTX550 or AMD Radeon HD 6770 before you can actually do anything in Skyrim.

Actually, a GT240 is more than capable of running it on max setting with AA and AS filterings turned off and low shadowing...Full HD.

I can play it only in the lower settings' date=' if i change to normal or high the game crashes time after time.

I have:

Intel Pentium Dual CPU 2.20ghz

4096MB RAM

Nvidia GForce GT240

Directx11

Aren't this requisites enough to run Skyrim in high settings?

I'm good at finding mods, but this type of things make me crazy xD

Thank you ;)

[/quote']

I clearly don't see the problem but it may be due to your Graphic card, see my specs:

Laptop Satellite C655

Win 7 64 bit

AMD E-240 Processor 1.5ghz

3gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 6250

Directx 11

I know, my laptop could be a stone or less if we compare with all the pc's specs named in this post, but it still running Skyrim in high detail and that's freaking amazing.

Archived