Mods for Noobs (help please!)

mdh0177

Ok, I am new to downloading mods and so far am having a bit of trouble. Is there a resource for people like me? (maybe a "mod downloads for dummies" :D )

For example - I tried to get the "Somewhat Skimpy DragonScale Armour" and the readme says to put it in my "Data/meshes/armor/dragonscale folder". How do I get to the "data" folder in the first place? I went to "Program Filesx86\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\meshes" and there is no "armor" folder inside.

Also I would like to get some body mods (maybe CBBE) and some face mods and such. So if there is an easy way to get a combination of things at once (asking too much? lol) that would be awesome also.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

well the easiest way to install mods would be using the nexus mod manager, most people here don't like nexus but the mod manager is sound work, and for manual installation most mods will come with a "Data" folder and inside would be a "meshes" folder and a "textures" folder, maybe a .esp and some screenshots, any way all you have to do is drag and drop your data folder into your skyrim folder under commons and replace everything that it asks to replace. Secondly if there is a .esp make sure it is turned on, you can check if it is on by starting skyrim and in the menu before the main menu there is an option called data files, you can see if its working there. If the mod is a replacer, well than it will replace the original armor/hair/etc type.

So yea remeber .esp are usually non replacing armor so hope this helps, i had the same trouble as you when i first started, cept in my case i had to figure things out manually, before i joined the Lab ^^

well the easiest way to install mods would be using the nexus mod manager' date=' most people here don't like nexus but the mod manager is sound work, and for manual installation most mods will come with a "Data" folder and inside would be a "meshes" folder and a "textures" folder, maybe a .esp and some screenshots, any way all you have to do is drag and drop your data folder into your skyrim folder under commons and replace everything that it asks to replace. Secondly if there is a .esp make sure it is turned on, you can check if it is on by starting skyrim and in the menu before the main menu there is an option called data files, you can see if its working there. If the mod is a replacer, well than it will replace the original armor/hair/etc type.

So yea remeber .esp are usually non replacing armor so hope this helps, i had the same trouble as you when i first started, cept in my case i had to figure things out manually, before i joined the Lab ^^

[/quote']

Thank you. I am still trying to figure it all out but the DL manager is awesome :D

If you dont want to/can't use the mod manager and you come across this problem again(not having the folder it's asking for), then generally you just need to add the folder. In other words if you don't have an armor folder, then just make a new folder called armor.

Hi excuse my English

I use these meshes and textures are of various authors' date=' for my female characters

lydia is my company

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/screenshot4807.png/

I leave the link here

http://hotfile.com/dl/146495429/5620c67/Data.rar.html

Please check the file

is repeated 2 times the data folder

till then and good luck

[/quote']

wait what are you asking? xD

Archived