Texture issues with custom body mesh

madmax21796645

Hey folks, I've have been having a few odd anomalies with the textures of my female body replacer. The body is a modified Type 3m by mak, some time ago I found a type 3 body with a modeled "outie" type vagina (I can't remember where I found it or who made it :P) and I decided to combine the relevant parts from that body with the 3m body. Using Blender it worked fairly well, but there have been issues, i'll let the screenshots tell the story.

The vaginal component (named labia minora in the nif) changes from the base texture which for the moment is just the main body texture, to a bright white colour once night falls (changes back after a few minutes) and inside an interior space (doesn't change back). I'm stumped on what is causing this and I'm hopeful that some of the fine people on the forum may be able to offer some insight.

Thanks for any help and constructive criticism, 

Madmax21796645

post-92720-0-95675400-1411571602_thumb.jpg

post-92720-0-05068500-1411571615_thumb.jpg

post-92720-0-64928100-1411571627_thumb.jpg

post-92720-0-69419100-1411571636_thumb.jpg

post-92720-0-98291500-1411571654_thumb.jpg

post-92720-0-94170500-1411571670_thumb.png

Well Astymma that flag isn't turned on. Imperfection, I didn't even think to do that, lol. The normal map is the same as the base body or at least i think it is. I'll upload the nif, hopefully it will help. I'm currently trying to find the original version and see if it has the same issue. Oh and I don't use any Enb's as they murder my computer's performance so that won't matter.

femaleupperbody.nif

Thanks for the suggestions folks

Well it's definitely that particular piece of the mesh that is causing the white "texture issue" as I am able to replicate it in my game, enb and all. The only “fix” I could find was to change the shader and remove the SF_Facegen property from the shader on that mesh piece only, I did leave the shader itself at shader skin.

Well Astymma that flag isn't turned on. Imperfection, I didn't even think to do that, lol. The normal map is the same as the base body or at least i think it is. I'll upload the nif, hopefully it will help. I'm currently trying to find the original version and see if it has the same issue. Oh and I don't use any Enb's as they murder my computer's performance so that won't matter.

attachicon.giffemaleupperbody.nif

Thanks for the suggestions folks

I bet five bucks it's the vertex color. Did you try to set Has Vertex Color to No under the NiTriStripData?

Hey thanks for figuring my little problem out :lol: While I was away I found the original body mesh and tried it in game, surprisingly the "part" worked perfectly :P. So I checked the properties and it had a Stencil and Spectacular property as well as the regular ones. I ended up copying the original mesh into my custom body and now it work pretty well. I am going to try your suggestions tomorrow and see if it works better

Thanks folks  

• 6 months later...

@jaege

Just get yourself gimp2 you will also need to get the .dds plugin for it so that you can load .dds files into it. Then throw the .dds file into it use the lasso tool if you need to modify a specific spot or not if you want to do the whole texture file and try using the colorize option and move the slider around to change to different colors. When you have it where you think you might like it at hit ok then file overwrite .dds file go into game and see how it looks if you do not like it go back out hit the undo option in gimp and try again.  

Archived