Ah, you use Nexus Mod Manager like I do.  Plugins tab, on the side next to the load order list, there should be an option to export load order to a .txt file.

Success! :D

Q: when do the CTD happen? immediately on startup or later?

Suggestion : get LOOT and run it. That'll sort the mods in the optimal order and even inform you about missing masterfiles (hopefully)

link 4 loot: http://loot.github.io/

The moment the bethesda logo vanishes is when the CTD pounces!

In my exepriences prior, it was because I was running a mod that wasn't compatible with my version of the game (DLCs etc) but as of late, since I have all three now, I couldn't figure it out and just would restart everything and fresh start till it was fixed.

As for loot... well, I'll give that thing another whirl. last time I used it, it actually kept reordering certain mods incorrectly which made the game throw errors at me and certain things not functioniong as they should but surprisingly never CTD

When the game ctds, that generally just means there's a missing master file. The best way to trouble shoot for ctds like that are to run tes5edit. It'll fail to load all your plugins if there's a problem.

on the matter of fixing and modifying; does anyone know of a solution to permanently change the race of a follower/npc? How deep do I have to delve into CK to make it happen?

Was wanting to change Inigo and Vilja but wasn't sure how to achieve this.

Guess I may as well make this abit of a troubleshoot day lol now that my game is fixed (somewhat) it'll be nice getting back to adventuring and comic production on spare time...whenever that'll be XD

nobeca

night~sky

madrias

Thanks, all of you, for helping sort that out! I'm still getting CTDs occasionally but I now have more fire power to continue fixing the issues! :D

Well, if nothing helps, the plan P comes: PURGE all of the mods and reinstall 'em carefully  :D

Porsche, as far as I know from my limited knowledge of the CK, the Actor tab on the sidebar, find the particular character you want to change, open it up, change the race.  I think that should do the trick, though as I said, my knowledge is rather limited.

I just tried changing Inigo to the lykaios race. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that. So, it doesn't work, but what's worse is that it actually causes the game to ctd at the main menu. And it's not even a traditional ctd! It loaded all the way up until it was about to show the menu options, and THEN it decided to ctd!

Ah, yeah, forgot to mention if you were making them into Lykaios, you'd need to make the Lykaios plugin an ESM to do that.  As I said, fairly new to modding.

I added all the required mods as requirements when I changed it.

As for that wyre thing, I have zero experience with anything you mentioned, so I won't be doing that.

I already knew it wasn't as simple as that lol

A lot of the character's (both player and NPC) data are deep seeded; so simply referencing actor tab and changing that won't do the trick (as Subject2Host found out lol) There is a lot more involved and when done, it would essentially wind up being a 'custom' made mod.

I was just curious if anyone knew because I thought it'd be most entertaining to turn ol' Inigo into an Orc or Argonian!

Console will do the trick too but it's only an immediate thing plus it breaks the actor's face morphs or worse, parts from the prior race show up for hands, head, feet, etc.

4 days without replies, to be honest thats surprising since almost everyday I see a new reply on here.

Been a little hectic here with family flying in for support. Grandmum is still perky as ever but as said before, the family is still badly off balance by this. From what I've learned thus far, it's stage 4 and back in 2009 she had breast cancer and told no body (she's stubborn like that and doesn't like to be viewed as weak). Father wasn't very pleased to hear this but he understands now; something I'm not going to try making sense of.

As for what time I have had to work, It's been dedicated to mainly research on figuring out how to make this morph or rather... an easy way out that doesn't involve painstakingly moving each vert into place each keyframe. I'm getting some leads from the Second Life Blender groups but of course, all of those are orientated to work with Second Life, the fun bit is figuring out how to make it work for Skyrim's engine.

Perks! Second Life? You know if you took your model and rigged it, even if you only did just the head, digilegs, hands and tail and use SL base body (or as I normally use my Mesh body which I apply the skin to instead for the much smoother rounder effect) you could make some nice side income on 'Avatar Sales". If you need someplace to do that at or such, hit me up NeroGoth Nightfire. I mod like bejeebes inworld but not a 'blender' / creator sort, if you need any in world help / otherwise (mod my own skins, clothing, etc.). 

BTW noticed as I was trying to catch up on all the updates over on Nexus, that KrittaKitty  no longer has the old Lykios up either now.... With all the lifestuff.. I guess this project is DOA for the actual Lykios race? 

I...dont think Kritta completely removed the old Lykaios. I think there was an incident where she accidentally deleted it but then reuploaded it.So you can use that until such time as life stops using her as a chew toy and she gets to finish the project.

Also, for entertainment pleasure, because people always need a good laugh:

qZg3ZCTpRLOEXgowUHKC_Cat%20Brain%20Freez

4 days without replies, to be honest thats surprising since almost everyday I see a new reply on here.

Been a little hectic here with family flying in for support. Grandmum is still perky as ever but as said before, the family is still badly off balance by this. From what I've learned thus far, it's stage 4 and back in 2009 she had breast cancer and told no body (she's stubborn like that and doesn't like to be viewed as weak). Father wasn't very pleased to hear this but he understands now; something I'm not going to try making sense of.

As for what time I have had to work, It's been dedicated to mainly research on figuring out how to make this morph or rather... an easy way out that doesn't involve painstakingly moving each vert into place each keyframe. I'm getting some leads from the Second Life Blender groups but of course, all of those are orientated to work with Second Life, the fun bit is figuring out how to make it work for Skyrim's engine.

Perks! Second Life? You know if you took your model and rigged it, even if you only did just the head, digilegs, hands and tail and use SL base body (or as I normally use my Mesh body which I apply the skin to instead for the much smoother rounder effect) you could make some nice side income on 'Avatar Sales". If you need someplace to do that at or such, hit me up NeroGoth Nightfire. I mod like bejeebes inworld but not a 'blender' / creator sort, if you need any in world help / otherwise (mod my own skins, clothing, etc.). 

BTW noticed as I was trying to catch up on all the updates over on Nexus, that KrittaKitty  no longer has the old Lykios up either now.... With all the lifestuff.. I guess this project is DOA for the actual Lykios race? 

For a while I did setup shop on SL but that was back way-when sculpts were all the rage. Now that mesh is rampid it's become a little more complicated to get things done considering mesh requires heavy scripting to function as intended. I may get back to it though, I'd just need to figure out where to setup shop.

The otherside of the table is their ToS for mesh creations. Before, it was super aggressive of if anything so much as looked like a licensed real world product, I could get in serious trouble. It may have been reworked and a lot subtle now but that kind of discouraged me.

oh jeese, the mod is taking a long while <_> 

Yes it is.

It will take quite a bit longer too.

PS:

I would like to request everyone else on this thread to NOT jump on the hate bandwagon, please be respectful to each other and put a hold on the snarky comments.

It's good that work is going into it, and the level of detail is going to easily outclass the non modded base races.... evensome of the better modded ones. But as time progresses I do wish for a time machine

Slight rant (on a happy note) ahead.

I'm always excited to see when Kritta or Porsche reply because, to me, that means the mod is just a little bit closer to completion. Updates on the problems they have say to me that they're moving forward with them. Kritta's mom seems to be getting better, which means less stress for Kritta, which means more free time to (potentially) work on mods. Porsche seems stuck with the animating, but asking for help, which means to me that there's an active desire to keep working. Even just an update saying "I'm alive!" says to me that things are moving along. I haven't been this excited for a mod since B3lisario joined the SAM team. I'm only sad that other people don't have my patience or understanding. Things will get better, and I'm happy for everyone that has taken an interest in the mod. I'm happy that things are looking better than they were a month ago. I'm happy that we have such great modders working on something as personally relevant as proper Lykaios man-parts. And I'm happy that we have a (mostly) supportive community backing them.

Rant over. I really shouldn't go on the Internet when I'm drugged up on ibuprofen and Benadryl.

Yes it is.

PS:

I would like to request everyone else on this thread to NOT jump on the hate bandwagon, please be respectful to each other and put a hold on the snarky comments.

It's good that work is going into it, and the level of detail is going to easily outclass the non modded base races.... evensome of the better modded ones. But as time progresses I do wish for a time machine

Buddy, you might want to greatly lower your expectations in terms of time. Unless you enjoy sounding like a total ass. Very little work is being done right now due to very important life problems on both kritta's and porsche's ends, and so no progress is being made.

Guest guilmonn

Yes it is.

PS:

Buddy, you might want to greatly lower your expectations in terms of time. Unless you enjoy sounding like a total ass. Very little work is being done right now due to very important life problems on both kritta's and porsche's ends, and so no progress is being made.

I don't really think, that they need free lawyers in your person or anyone else's. Most of you are overreacting (and you will probably realise that as the time passes by) but that's ok- it's supposed to be for the just cause. Just don't shout when someone is peeking inside and asking for progress. They do not disrespect mod authors- they just went here for the mod, hence the impatient questions. It would be nice to establish some blurry but quite real release date, toss some new info or officially close the project with "when it's done" or "discontinued" label. And for the last time- please stop overreacting. I mean it.

Yes it is.

PS:

I don't really think, that they need free lawyers in your person or anyone else's. Most of you are overreacting (and you will probably realise that as the time passes by) but that's ok- it's supposed to be for the just cause. Just don't shout when someone is peeking inside and asking for progress. They do not disrespect mod authors- they just went here for the mod, hence the impatient questions. It would be nice to establish some blurry but quite real release date, toss some new info or officially close the project with "when it's done" or "discontinued" label. And for the last time- please stop overreacting. I mean it.

Oh hey, you again. You really like throwing that word 'overreacting' don't you? These are honest questions by the way, I mean no provocation, but you do seem to be bad(I could be wrong) at seeing a situation for what it is, so I'll point it out. Nobody is shouting at anyone, although a better choice of words could have been spoken, he's not angry in any way, and he did not type in all caps(That's the usual indicator that some is -shouting- over the internet). And while, yes, it could be nice to have a release date, it -should- be obvious that not even the mod authors here know when, for life reasons. Just throwing a date out there(Or something obscure) and having that day pass can irritate some people. And....you mean it...So? Are you secretly a moderator for loverslab or something, and can have us kicked or banned? Once again, I must point out, I mean no provocation, I'm just genuinely curious. Curiosity could kill the cat, but still, the anonmy of the internet can mask our emotions and intentions at times, just like I said last time. Either that, or are you a troll? Because if you are, most of that I've just typed is null and void, and we already have our answer. I highly doubt you'd tell me if you were though.

ENOUGH!

(yes, that was shouting!)

No more fighting kids!  Really.

I know you all want to know 'WHEN!!!?!!" both of these mods will be available but honnestly we can't say!  Both Porsche and I are not professional 3d animatiors or 3d artists, we are learning as we go on this so there are a lot of bumps in the road when it comes to making a working mod.

Also you are all aware of our personal situations, if you aren't read the thread before commenting on anything.

So for those reasons, we can not give a date for a completed project. Every time in the past I have announced 'Yeah! it will be done this weekend!!' some f**king life issue has popped up and thrown a spanner in the works, meaning a heck of a lot of angry people wondering where the mod is.  Karma is a real beeeatch and you can imagine I am reluctant to fall into that trap again by bragging that it is almost done.

Lucky for me, I've been able to return 'home' to my interstate student accomodation and leave my Mum in the care of my now retired father. I'm still worried about her but at least she's stable! Yay!

So for now my days are a blur of hours at work on my feet (7.5 hour shifts standing/running all over the place) then home to do some assignment work for Uni, cleaning and cooking (no one else around here does anything), and If I am not totally dead at the end of the night maybe an hour of work on the mod before I have to get to bed so I can be up at 6am for work or Uni again.

So, you can imagine my creativity engine is running on empty at the moment.

But since it's been a while since I did update, here is where I am at:

• Tweaking the hair weighting for both genders
  • Making .tri files for the hair/ facial hair
  • Adding in race menu presets (once the hair is done)
  • Esm-ifying!
  • NPC add on
  • Packing the mod for MO/NMM
  • Finish off the female body overlay package (taking twice as long because I'm making versions for both UNP and CBBE)
  • profit? (jk, its a free mod)

What I have cut from the initial re-release of the mod so far is:

• No new voice type (taking to long to figure out how to make it work)
  • Plantigrade feet option
  • Child race
  • Facial animations/morphs (the current ones work, though they aren't that great)
  • Custom armor/ tweaked Helmet & Footwear meshes

The cut stuff will eventually get made and released, but just not for a while.

Thanks for the update, Krittakitty.

First, I want to say that I am pleased to hear your mother is stable. She had us all worried for a while. While some of us are too impatient for (their) own good, know that you and your family are still in our prayers and our thoughts.

Second, I'm glad to hear that you are still continuing on the mod. I did see that you have put the plantigrade feet option on hold. Does that mean the Digitigrade option is still scheduled for the initial re-release? Is the digitigrade option a leg/foot replacer, or is it also a skeleton replacer? I ask because the "digitigrade khajiit" mod that I once used included a XPMSE skeleton replacement, which unfortunately is incompatable with the more recent versions of said skeleton. (Not to mention that the modified skeleton had nodes that were confusing to me, and I couldn't figure out how to convert it myself.)

Finally, if I had money, I would donate at this point. I would love to see you compensated for your time, I just am between jobs at the moment.

PS. Do you have accounts with online games? Seems like I saw a character named "krittakiitty" in Star Wars: The Old Republic recently.