[Idea] Pregnant NPCs

The Matrix Prime

I got this idea after encountering Seren and Rustleif in Dawnstar again recently. For those who need a refresher, they are the blacksmith couple who are expecting a child. I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool, now that we have working pregnancy mods, to actually have her look pregnant. I know she is suppose to be early in her pregnancy, but where's the fun in that?

Now you could have your male character knock her up (using SexLab mods), but that's a little immersing breaking (as she wouldn't then be pregnant before you meet her as she states and it wouldn't be their child anymore), plus she wouldn't stay pregnant for very long. And it would be immersing breaking if you are playing a female character or a moral character who wouldn't have sex with someone else's wife.

No, what I think would be cool to see is Seren looking notably pregnant when your character first walks into Dawnstar. Then I thought, why stop there? Logically, when you run into Bandit camps and especially Forsworn camps, shouldn't some of the female members be showing, I don't know, some signs of frisky play underneath the sheets during the night? I think it highly unlikely that all these guys and girls are living out in the wilderness and never doing anything with/to each other.

So the idea I came up with is a mod that in addition to making Seren pregnant would also make a random number to certain female NPCs pregnant in the game. I don't think just ANY female should get pregnant. Children and Elders obliviously should be excluded. Characters that are being courted, like Camellia, would be another example. Female Soldiers and Female Stormcloaks wouldn't be going into battle pregnant. High profile but unmarried woman, such as Queen Elisif, where it would be socially frowned on or politically dangerous to be with child out of wedlock. But NPCs who could/should be would be: Bandits and Forsworn, liked mentioned above, maybe female Bards and maids as well? Female Khajit in Caravans (long boring roads between cities). Maybe female miners getting drunk in taverns? Maybe some others?

Now I can understand that people might find the idea of having to commit double homicide by killing a female bandit a bit queasy and in real life I would never EVER condone the double killing (or double murder) of a pregnant woman and her unborn child. So if enemy NPCs where left out of such a mod, I would be okay with that, as I think there are plenty of other possibilities as I've already listed above. (But for realism's sake I still think the Forsworn would be getting it on when the Dragonborn isn't assaulting their camps.)

Now I realize for this mod to work, it would require body/clothing/armor with belly nodes and capable of actually looking pregnant. However I think there are plenty of those mods now and, thanks to Bodyslide 2, it really is not all that hard to make most armor/clothing pregnancy enabled. So this mod doesn't need its own body or clothing - people should be able to use their own. We just need a mod to "activate" the belly node on female NPCs.

Any modders here interested in throwing something like this together?

Thanks, somehow I missed that mod.

Still, that's not quite what I was talking about, as you have to use this modder's custom meshes. My idea was that the people would be able to use any pregnancy armor and body mod of their choice. But this will do nicely until/if something better comes along.

Archived