General body type + bounce questions..

hexsim

Hi folks, I'm pretty "newb" to Skyrim modding, and trying to get myself started. So I just had a couple questions if anyone could throw some advice my way or point me in the right direction.  My questions are as follows...

1) I read that TBBP has one more "breast node" (not sure what that means exactly, but I imagine better bounce) than regular BBP.  I was wondering what the difference is then between HDT and TBBP/BBP?

2) What is the best body type for bounce?  In otherwords, if I chose TBBP bounce, which body type (cbbe or UNPB for instance) has the most armors/outfits that are compatible with this?

3) Does TBBP and particularly HDT have less armors/outfits that are compatible than say regular BBP, overall?  Or is there no difference, in this regard, when it comes to the type of bounce - only the type of body?  Or does the outfit itself have to have it's own bounce?

4) What do I need to make say TBBP to work, with UNPB?

5) What body type has the most outfits and compatability at this point, I guess the two main ones would be cbbe and unp right?  What about sevenbase?

6) Can I use Caliente's Body Slide tool for other body types like unpb and sevenbase, or will the proportions be not right or not compatible with certain outfits?

Hopefully my questions aren't too confusing xD  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Nobody's answered so here's a brain dump of what I think I know as a not-much-further-advanced noob than you, hopefully these comments will help nudge you along a bit, and maybe some expert people will weigh in to correct me and/or expand :)

BBP and TBBP ("breast and buttock physics", and "tender breast and buttock physics", respectively) originally refer to specifically-designed jiggle animations tied to walks, idles, and other types of animations, that were enabled by special kinds of weight-painting on body/armor meshes and a specially tweaked skeleton.

AFAIK, originally BBP was invented for CHSBC, then analogous things were done for the CBBE and the UNP families of bodies, and then that was extended to TBBP for those bodies, and also to bodies like Dream Girl (plug for my fave :) ).

TBBP was a more "refined" version of BBP, basically a tad more realistic-looking in some respects - I think more sideways "swing"? - although some still prefer BBP.  You could have those animations (i.e. both the jiggle itself, and the walk or idle it was part of) either on naked bodies, or on armor that was compatible with those bodies, although the armor had to be tweaked to have the animation.  That's important to remember - you can have a TBBP naked body, but her armored assets will unfortunately be stiff if the armor itself isn't also specially treated.   (Interestingly, some people don't treat "metal" as non-jiggly, seems to be hard to do - so that can be a bit of a downer sometimes, jiggly metal.  But for leather, fur, barmaid, etc., it looks fine and appropriate.)

TBBP-enabled bodies and armors were backwards-compatible with BBP animations, but BBP not forward-compatible with TBBP, since lacking the extra "bone" on the skeleton (AFAIK).  So basically unless you really like the BBP animation in particular, always go for TBBP as it's newer and shinier, but if there's no TBBP option, BBP will do, and still give a nice jiggle :)

Now the thing about HDT that got everyone excited was that it was a way of having a kind of generic physics-driven jiggle for any breast, buttock or armor part that had the right skeleton/weighting.  Which means, HDT jiggle isn't tied to any particular animation (like any particular walk or idle) like BBP/TBBP were.  IOW, so long as their weighting is enabled in the right way, and you have the right skeleton, the breasts and buttocks meshes will jiggle with any movement and animation, in a way that's dictated by the HDT physics engine. 

IOW, the specially-designed BBP/TBBP jiggle (which would be baked in to the walk/idle/etc, animation) is now redundant (although of course the walks and idles that have them are still used to show off HDT sometimes).  The jiggle and bounce are now "controlled" by .xml scripts that are switchable-around, and go with the HDT physics package.  People have made various .xml files with different types of bounce and jiggle (if you want to see a fairly exaggerated but not ludicrous version to get the measure of what's possible, look for "Tripples").

HOWEVER, I must stress that in order to have the HDT physics jiggle, your body or armor still has to have the weight painting on the body/armor mesh that the old specially designed BBP/TBBP animations fomerly activated.  IOW, HDT won't magically make a "stiff" body suddenly have jiggle, the body/armor still has to be a BBP/TBBP body/armor (and of course you have to have the right skeleton - XPMS is now standard, 1.93 can still utilize the old BBP/TBBP animations, 2.0 and up no longer supports them, but only HDT (although the body/armor meshes still have to be BBP/TBBP weighted for jiggle to appear).

There's recently been a further refinement of HDT in adding "collision" to breasts, and there are some animations that show that off - basically instead of sliding through the breast visually, another object, like an arm, will be "aware" of its contours and slide around them.  Another recent refinement has been to add TBBP-like weighting to bellies, so you can have a belly-dancer like jiggle there too (pregnant bodies, even with collision, are another refinement that some have played with).

The UNPB (B stands for "blessed" - basically bigger tits on the larger weight size than the standard UNP, otherwise identical to UNP) body comes with a TBBP option as standard (look for "UNPB Redux" in Nexus) in the installer.  I also recommend the 2.5g breast ("hangs" more, and when animated acts more like a real heavy breast IMHO - downside is if you like peircings, none have been made to fit it, only the standard UNPB breast).

Both CBBE and UNP/B have quite a lot of armor that's TBBP (and therefore HDT) ready, both replacers (lore-friendly and "skimpy") and special standalone armors (some extremely beautiful, works of art!).

Bodyslide only works with the CBBE (CB++) body, and although it offers "imitations" of UNP (i.e. the actual shape of UNP), and also enables you to create pretty much any body shape your little heart desires, the UNP body proper apparently (here I'm a bit fuzzy) has a few more polygons and different weightings so that body proper isn't tweakable in Bodyslide yet (although I think there's an alternative version of Bodyslide built for UNP, but I'm not sure how its versioning matches up with Bodyslide proper).  Dream Girl (who also has a TBBP option) has even more polygons and some other refinements beyond CBBE/UNP, and is also not directly tweakable in Bodyslide (lots of UNP/TBBP armors are semi-compatible out of the box with her, but she now has her own replacers and conversions too). 

(Side note: there are some incredible bodies by a Russian guy that have even more refinements, and have their own skeletons and their own versions of TBBP/HDT - Ladybody and Demonica Lilith - they're incredibly refined and realistic and have to be seen to be believed, but unfortunately they're so different from the "standard" bodies like CBBE and UNP/B that you're a bit limited, you have to commit your whole modding/game to those bodies, and even though the guy has conversions and special armors - also beautiful - of his own, it's too restrictive for most of us.  Still, for those of us who use Mod Organizer - which I highly, highly recommend you get into using if you're going to be doing any modding more than just tarting Skyrim up a bit visually - I'm sure we all have a Profile with those bodies that we can just get out to gawp at occasionally :) ).

So there you go, I hope I haven't made too many egregious errors, but that's what I've picked up by osmosis from hanging around Nexus, here, and my own fiddlings-about.

I'm just getting back into skyrim and trying to "catch up" on the developments in this arena.  This post was very hepful, but I'm a little confused by the Bodyslide thing.  You said bodyslide has a lot of armor that is TBBP (And therefore HDT) ready, but I'm not sure precisely how far this transtivie property goes.  If HDT is the physics-based bouncing, and anything TBBP is HDT ready, and CBBE stuff is often TBBP ready, and bodyslide uses CBBE stuff... do all those steps come together to mean that mean bodyslide works with physics-based bounce?

So (simplified here), Bodyslide is all CBBE which is mostly TBBP which is all HDT which is bouncy?  So Bodyslide  and bodyslide-created outfits will be bouncy if I download HDT?  Or am I way off the mark here?

Basically what I'm looking for is a way to have a large array of mostly/moderately lore-friendly outfits*, but with bounce and enhanced proportions.  Is bodyslide the way to do that?

Archived