ApachiiSkyHair not working

Aldinatch

First yes i'm new to modding, and I had a more experienced modder friend helping me but we're both at a loss. 

We did manual install 4 times, NMM 6 times and yes we did things like uninstall all other mods, try with all compatible mods and reconfigure the data files one by one. Yes everything is all up to date, and yes my computer can handle this game and many others just fine. 

I give up. what am I doing wrong? also TES5 wont download right, i just get a text file over and over. :\

I want this hair mod because as you all may know, the vanilla ones just suck.

*EDIT*

so we just went and deleted everything, skyrim, the mods, NMM and everything related and started over. The hair is now there in the character creation but still missing from Showracemenu. Still this is a step up. :D

You described every thing you have tried to do, but failed to explain what "not working" means. You do realize that Apachii is not a hair replacer, yes? Every NPC in the game will still be wearing their vanilla hair.

If you want to see it on your character you have to select one of the hairs provided by Apachii either during character creation or via showracemenu while in-game with a character already created.

Not trying to insult your intelligence but Apachii has been around for so long and is so problem-free (you did use NMM to install it I hope?) that any problem as basic as "I don't see any of the hairs in-game" strongly suggests that the user may not understand what the mod does.

You described every thing you have tried to do, but failed to explain what "not working" means. You do realize that Apachii is not a hair replacer, yes? Every NPC in the game will still be wearing their vanilla hair.

If you want to see it on your character you have to select one of the hairs provided by Apachii either during character creation or via showracemenu while in-game with a character already created.

Not trying to insult your intelligence but Apachii has been around for so long and is so problem-free (you did use NMM to install it I hope?) that any problem as basic as "I don't see any of the hairs in-game" strongly suggests that the user may not understand what the mod does.

When I say not working, I' saying even in the show race menu and starting a new game none of the hairs were there at all. 

I have deleted everything and started over now and it works now, but only when starting a new game, it's still not in show race menu. I guess half of it working is better then none of it at all. :\ And yes it's active in the loader data thingy. 

Do you mean you were told to get TES5Edit, or TES5?

I realize that may be a stupid question, but I just want to make sure...

And also, another stupid question: You're sure the mod is active in your load order?

And, which apachii hair mod did you download? There are several different ones...

yes i was told TES5EDIt or Tes5 were good to have as a quick fix should load errors happen. 

Well, you're pretty much hosed aren't you? :P  What versions of Apacchii, Skyrim, and SKSE are you using? Unless there's a problem with versioning on one of those I'm out of suggestions.

All the current ones as of today. :P I started from scratch and got it to work only in the damn opening thing after that long ass ride to the chopping block. but hey it's something. :3

Go to your user folder, under AppData\Local\Skyrim\ and find the loadorder.txt and post it here.

If you're using NMM, make sure you have it checked in your mod list. Are you using BOSS/LOOT? They sort your load order. Make sure you're using them as well. Might sound dumb, but make sure you are extracting the files from the zip file, and putting the contents of those files (meshes, textures, then the .esm) inside of your Data folder located here:

Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\

NPCs won't wear these hairs, so if you're expecting to see them wearing them, you won't. They are only in the character creation menu for you to use. Unless you get a mod that alters NPCs to use these hairs, only you will be able to use them.

Make sure you're using the latest SKSE found here (version 1.7.1). It is a requirement for Apachii Sky Hair.

I know these are basics, but it seems they needed to be asked. But do the first one mainly (post your load order).

Go to your user folder, under AppData\Local\Skyrim\ and find the loadorder.txt and post it here.

If you're using NMM, make sure you have it checked in your mod list. Are you using BOSS/LOOT? They sort your load order. Make sure you're using them as well. Might sound dumb, but make sure you are extracting the files from the zip file, and putting the contents of those files (meshes, textures, then the .esm) inside of your Data folder located here:

Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\

NPCs won't wear these hairs, so if you're expecting to see them wearing them, you won't. They are only in the character creation menu for you to use. Unless you get a mod that alters NPCs to use these hairs, only you will be able to use them.

Make sure you're using the latest SKSE found here (version 1.7.1). It is a requirement for Apachii Sky Hair.

I know these are basics, but it seems they needed to be asked. But do the first one mainly (post your load order).

I'm looking but loadorder.txt isn't there. is that my problem? And i dont care about the NPC's right now I was just trying to get it to work for my character and I did, will look into showracemenu as the culprit tho, it's still missing from that. Anyways I got it to work (only took 3 days) :D Now I need to play the game and have fun turning into a dragon and killing people! All with a fresh new haircut lol

Turning into a dragon... what mod does that?

And how did you get it to work, if it won't work in showracemenu?

As for the presence or absence of loadorder.txt, I dunno... I always just use Wyre Bash to find my load order.

Failing that, the brute force method of getting your load order is to use the Skyrim launcher and manually write down everything it says for your mods.

You need to download LOOT to sort your load order, which should generate a loadorder.txt file for you (at least, I think it does. Always thought it was there regardless). Plus sorting your load order is something you should do regardless. It helps keep your mods organized in the proper place and loading in the proper place as well.

Are you using the Steam version of Skyrim? If not, might explain why those folders/files are non-existent.

Are you using Nexus Mod Manager to manage your mods? Or are you using Mod Organizer? If neither, I'd suggest picking one up. NMM is basic and easier to use, but MO is more advanced and takes a bit to learn. Either works, but it's best to have at least one.

Archived