[SIMS 4] Invisible (REAL) clothing (obsolete)

-X-

This is not compatible with THIS mod but you don't need this if you use that.

1. Select top or bottom from ANY category.

2. Click.

3. if you want them bare feet click on shoes too and click the X.

4. DONE!

works for male and female any age.

these are invisible clothing so other sims won't react to your sims being nude.

post-566594-0-01673200-1411207213_thumb.png

nudeclothes.zip

just a note it won't work on children cos well i don't want to see children naked :s

That's your choice.  There is a very valid reason we creators need these though.  For those of us who create new skin textures and skin features it is good to have a naked outfit for every age category so that we can check our work in CAS without having to go into the game and have the sim shower, then try to spin the camera around them to check every angle, etc. etc.  We have Snaitf's clothes to use when checking our recolors though, so If this is just for nudists . . . actually nudists don't have a problem with their children being nude either.  Meh, just for perviness then.

Anyway thanks a lot.  Someone needs to look into where the default outfit is when you remove clothes in CAS.  Then you could add a mod to change it to your clothing.

PS.  Might want to edit your OP to add [sims 4] to the front of the title.

the default outfits to remove clothing are in a hidden category called bathing. i tried to make them show up in cas tried all day the other day but couldn't do it. this mod uses their meshes though so it's pretty much the same thing.

I added the child invisible clothing. there 2 versions  with and without

the default outfits to remove clothing are in a hidden category called bathing. i tried to make them show up in cas tried all day the other day but couldn't do it. this mod uses their meshes though so it's pretty much the same thing.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.  I mean like when you click the x that is over a worn item in CAS, it removes it.  For clothing this puts the sim in a particular set of underwear.  I was just wondering if it might be possible to find out where it changes them into the underwear and have them change into nude clothing (like yours) instead.

People of today are beast.

Several decades ago, no one ever care about naked children.

Some make it something funny, like peeing boy statue.

I feel 35 years ago seems to be where the line was drawn.

LOL how about the movie Blue Lagoon in 1980! I don't remember a main stream movie since then to use actual underage nudity. Saying that it didn't disturb me at all... but Pretty Baby did. Brook Shields was two years younger in that, at 13. To me, their is a thing as to young, and that was it! Note, I actually think Blue Lagoon is a good movie. An interesting take on innocence without the corruption of civilization.

I still find it funny that in high school I got to see Romeo and Juliet. Olivia Hussey was 16 when she had her nude scene in it. Somehow that is 100% acceptable, but we can't make movies like that anymore. Weird standard, new pictures probably are a crime, but viewing this movie is totally acceptable. Is it ok or isn't it?

Funny how America clamps down on these things. I find it funny on some story writing websites, you can't write about the sexual events you had as a teen. Not everyone can be like characters in Harry Potter and not know what sex is until after 19. Coming of age includes sexual things, and it is cheap and insulting to pretend it doesn't it. Like I said, you don't need to be explicit. The book, The Hunger Games has a small segment that I respect, where the whole town knows the province Governor trades food to sleep with the destitute local teens. It is messed up, but it also feels REAL! Unlike Harry Potter...

Saying that,

LL has a rule on child nudity.  So I wouldn't post a mod that makes children naked.

LL has a rule on child nudity.  So I wouldn't post a mod that makes children naked.

I don't see it being an issue myself, they are naked dolls without a replacement skin texture, and clothing like this is an almost indispensable tool for doing whole body textures.  I can understand my TAC skins being a problem (which is why they aren't uploaded) . . . but invisible clothes?!

if they want me to remove it i will i'll just leave the old version without.

I didn't mean to sound negative to you. I love the work!

I am just bringing up a possible problem.

I don't see it being an issue myself, they are naked dolls without a replacement skin texture, and clothing like this is an almost indispensable tool for doing whole body textures.  I can understand my TAC skins being a problem (which is why they aren't uploaded) . . . but invisible clothes?!

Hmmm no skin texture.... So it's like a naked barbie. That might make it past the censor.

Maybe I jumped the gun.

i think the way that works is it tells the sim to change into the default underwear. if you changed the default underwear and overwrite it than it would change into whatever skin you overwrite it with.

i was right i got this working with my invisible clothing however it won't use the mesh it keeps using the old mesh. you can see them naked if you click the X on top and bottom however you can also see the faint outline of the original mesh it's hardly noticeable but it is there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. Does this mod work on demo CAS version? Because here it makes my sim invisible, not only clothing ;)

Have a look at attached pic:

The Demo and the game do not use the same style of CAS Parts, so more often than not clothing made for the game wont work on the demo and vice versa.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.  I mean like when you click the x that is over a worn item in CAS, it removes it.  For clothing this puts the sim in a particular set of underwear.  I was just wondering if it might be possible to find out where it changes them into the underwear and have them change into nude clothing (like yours) instead.

I'd like to see the type of implementation Elerneron is referring to here as well. I am somewhat apprehensive of auto-generated townies being assigned these "outfits" as they stroll about the neighborhood.

I mean, it would be kind of hilarious, but a little immersion-jarring nonetheless.

No jab at the creator here, of course, just imagining what it would be like to eat the cake I already have, so to speak.

I'd like to see the type of implementation Elerneron is referring to here as well. I am somewhat apprehensive of auto-generated townies being assigned these "outfits" as they stroll about the neighborhood.

I mean, it would be kind of hilarious, but a little immersion-jarring nonetheless.

No jab at the creator here, of course, just imagining what it would be like to eat the cake I already have, so to speak.

i've got it working i could upload it right now...but it doesn't look right. you can still see the old mesh. i have yet to figure out how to get the nude meshes to replaced them. changing meshes in sims 4 is a way more pain in the ass than in 3. maybe have to wait till better tools become available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i made that mod too yes they are compatible.

if you use these clothes for nude they act as normal top and bottom clothing. however if you use the other nudist mod as nude and go outside other sims will reacct if your sim is actually nude (because they will really be in the underwear) :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived