[Discontinued] Paradise Halls - SexLab Extension v0.1g (15/05/06) (RC 0.6 fixed 16/03/18)

blabla11

Couple of quick questions.

1) Is AFT required for this mod or was the listed requirement just the load or IF you use AFT (I use EFF)?

2) is this mod still under active development?  And if so, do you still need people to help with dialog writing, creating locations, etc.?

1. no aft isn't required it's only listed there as if you have it put it where he says loaded before pah

2. yes ir's still under active development

3. think he might still need help with dialogs, wait for blabla there

Thanks for letting me know, since its still being developed I'll give it a try.

Okay installed the 0.1hRC 5.0 and the fix.

For the most part it seems to be working okay, I like the new dialog options, responses and reactions.  Gives the slaves a bit more personality.  It seems like training is more difficult than the last time I tried PAH, seems to be taking longer to level up submission.  I'm not sure how sexual training is supposed to work, so far I haven't seen that increase any but maybe I just haven't gotten far enough into the changes yet.

The naming feature seems to be working and I like that, nice touch.

I have noticed a few CTDs after sex scenes finish but I'm not sure if is being cause by this mod or by issues with SexLab.  I've had a few other instances prior to installing this mod with that problem.  Also with falling thru floors and other odd happenings.  It seems like its happening a lil more frequent now but that could just be coincidence.

Also, right after installing it I had trouble with a couple of CTDs as the mod expansion was loading and initializing.  I've got an older system and I suspect it was just overloading papyrus or something, too much running at once.  Maybe put in a delay so not so much going at once?

Again, happy to see this is still in development.  Only just found this thread today.  Ironically I had been talking to a friend about a wish list for a functional slavery mod which PAH started out to be but never got finished.  Seems like this mod is going in many of the same directions as my wish list.

In the past using PAH enslaving random bandits tended to get unstable over the long term, is that still an issue?  In the past when I'd tried using PAH I tended to sell off captured bandits pretty quick (sort of as extra loot) and if I wanted a long term slave I'd find a unique NPC.

Assuming suggestions are welcome, here's a couple.

For slave training, maybe some alternative methods to just beating them.  I noticed you added sex as a punishment, but so far I'm not seeming to get any progress with that.  One thing I would suggest is perhaps adding rewards such as giving them food.  Perhaps after getting submission and/or respect training up to some minimum requirement the option of rewarding them with food periodically might become available.

I noted you appear to be intending to create mine locations for the slaves to work in and I'm assuming that probably includes them being able to actually mine and collect ore for you?  Suggestion, make the new mines locations filled with bandits or monsters, you then get a quest from the slaver camp to clear one out.  Once you clear it, the slavers occupy it and it becomes a location you can have your slaves work in.

Oh an if reworking the Fellowglow camp is on the list, I'd be willing to help with that.  It does have some issues.

Also, right after installing it I had trouble with a couple of CTDs as the mod expansion was loading and initializing.  I've got an older system and I suspect it was just overloading papyrus or something, too much running at once.  Maybe put in a delay so not so much going at once?

PAH shouldn't add to the Papyrus load at that stage, since it only starts after a certain quest is started or the user uses MCM to start it manually. Everything else being (pre-)loaded is beyond my control.

In the past using PAH enslaving random bandits tended to get unstable over the long term, is that still an issue?  In the past when I'd tried using PAH I tended to sell off captured bandits pretty quick (sort of as extra loot) and if I wanted a long term slave I'd find a unique NPC.

I'm not aware of any stability issues. The only issue I recall still lingering around is you may happen upon a naked version of that bandit at some point.

For slave training, maybe some alternative methods to just beating them.  I noticed you added sex as a punishment, but so far I'm not seeming to get any progress with that.  One thing I would suggest is perhaps adding rewards such as giving them food.  Perhaps after getting submission and/or respect training up to some minimum requirement the option of rewarding them with food periodically might become available.

Periodic rewards would increase the Papyrus load even more, so I'd prefer some other solution.

I've thought about a reward system, the closest I have come to a "do-able" one was "let slave have sex", but the work necessary was a lot more than I expected (and buggy as fuck).

If you have any other ideas about rewards, just throw them around and we'll see what sticks.

I noted you appear to be intending to create mine locations for the slaves to work in and I'm assuming that probably includes them being able to actually mine and collect ore for you?  Suggestion, make the new mines locations filled with bandits or monsters, you then get a quest from the slaver camp to clear one out.  Once you clear it, the slavers occupy it and it becomes a location you can have your slaves work in.

I had planned to attach the mines to houses, so there'd be an investment necessary to start and expand the mine.

But again, the complexity to get the actual mine working is staggering (or I'm too stupid to see the easy way)

Oh an if reworking the Fellowglow camp is on the list, I'd be willing to help with that.  It does have some issues.

Not on my list, but if you want to give it a shot (make it smaller, make it more stable), feel free.

I can add it as an additional download.

You probably know what you are doing but have you considered asking around for help help from some other moddersthat also know what they are doing? I think they are plenty of people around who would really like to help like CliftonJD. Maybe the guy from Miaslair would like to help too for example. He did some quite impressive mod with his mod. He even added a hairchanger (which isn't really on point at the moment but it's still quite a feat).

I'm not aware of any stability issues. The only issue I recall still lingering around is you may happen upon a naked version of that bandit at some point.

Never ran into naked bandits before, wouldn't that be a feature?  LOL

Seriously though, the problem I had in the past just running PAH (just 7.3 with the script patch) was things like coming back to find a bandit slave wearing gear or armor they shouldn't have (almost like it had generated some random leveled loot for them), being fully dressed in their own gear, or sometimes they'd just randomly disappear, and once in awhile they would go hostile and I'd have to put them down.  It seemed like the longer a game ran in total hours played the worse these problems got.  I did not notice most of the problems if I only kept unique NPCs long term, the problems only ever happened with bandits and other leveled encounter mobs I'd enslaved

Periodic rewards would increase the Papyrus load even more, so I'd prefer some other solution.

I've thought about a reward system, the closest I have come to a "do-able" one was "let slave have sex", but the work necessary was a lot more than I expected (and buggy as fuck).

If you have any other ideas about rewards, just throw them around and we'll see what sticks.

Well maybe periodic was the wrong word.  Was just suggesting some alternatives to slave training = "beat them senseless again".  Using sex as a reward or punishment, food, giving them gifts, etc. might be some ideas.  Definitely don't want to increase the papyrus load, too many things do that already.  So is there no simple way to use rewards, say something like if submissi => 60 giving a red apple adds +5 submission then start a gift timer that prevents getting another gift bonus for that slave for say 24 hrs game time?  Or would the timer add too much to papyrus?  Or maybe an apple only adds 0.5 to submission, keep the reward small enough it doesn't remove the challenge.

Another way to handle it might be to add another variable, call it say "love" (for lack of a better term, feel free to suggest something) that represents how much the slave likes/loves/adores you.  Do a check to make sure submission and maybe respect training are above X amount before you can start training the "love" variable.  Then giving gifts of food, sex, etc.start leveling "love" up.  The end effect is to alter their dialog further to something more affectionate, they start being more enthusiastic about things you might make them do, ie. "Slave I'm going to fuck you now..."  Slave response becomes "ooooh, I can't wait!" instead of the current "What are you doing!"   I suppose maybe this might be somewhat already handled under anger training, was never sure what that stat really did vs what respect training did.

Again, just kicking around ideas.

I had planned to attach the mines to houses, so there'd be an investment necessary to start and expand the mine.

But again, the complexity to get the actual mine working is staggering (or I'm too stupid to see the easy way)

I guess it depends on what you want it to do.  As far as using idle markers, that should be covered under sandboxing already.  If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then we're thinking having them actually mine ore while the player is off doing something else elsewhere (I think... LOL).  I guess the first thing I'd do is just use a variable to store when you started them on the task ("jobstart" and I guess some sort of alias to make it unique to that slave).  Next time you come back to that cell it checks the current game time (2nd variable, "jobend"), subtracts the first variable, multiplies the difference by some multiplier and that gives  X amount of ore mined which is then put in the slave's inventory.  If the player gets it out of inventory fine, if not its just stored there and the variables are cleared.  When you leave the cell, assuming you leave the slave working, it stores a new start job variable and when you return again it repeats the process.  At least if I were doing this in RPG Maker that's how I'd approach it, no idea if that's doable in papyrus, I haven't gotten nearly that far in learning to mod Skyrim yet.  Since there are no timers involved, the only time papyrus has to run for that would be when you start the job and when it ends, so script load should be quite manageable.   That just leaves what type is generated and I guess you'd have to either set a flag on the mine for that unless there is a way to detect either what ore nodes are present (no idea if that's possible) or detect a specific ore node (i.e. you start the job by telling the slave to mine and pointing them at a specific node, and it then detects what type of ore node that is and that's what the slave mines... this would get you only one type of ore per slave, again no idea if there is actually a way to detect that).  If there's no way to detect the ore node type, then the only other way I can think of you might could do it is set flags / aliases on custom built mines that store what ore types can be mined there, and the script simply calls when determining type and amounts of ore generated as per above.  That would mean you could have as many types of ore in a mine as you like and set variables for how "plentiful" each ore type is for each mine.  The downside is only mines that have been set this way would be available for the slave mining job, so you wouldn't be able to plop a slave down at a random ore node in the wilderness somewhere and leave them mining (well maybe you could but they'd never actually gather ore from it).  Probably no perfect solution so just have to pick what works best for the direction you want to go in.

An actually if you want a slave to mine a random ore node, I'm pretty sure there's already something in game that allows a follower to chop wood and adds wood to their inventory (To test, try this.  In game open the console and add a woodchopping block inside your home (base ref# 0007022e) leave a follower sandboxing in the home and wait for them to chop some wood, check their inventory afterwards and firewood has been added, the longer you leave them the more that gets added.  What I'm curious to know is how does that work, and can it be applied to ore nodes?).  So for the random ore node (ie. NOT a mine) maybe just forget a "mining task" and instead handle it by telling them to mine it while the player supervises (which really just means stays in the same cell).  That might be the best way to handle that.  Maybe also look at however EFF handles the task for followers to gather all of a resource in an area, that might yield some clues.

Not on my list, but if you want to give it a shot (make it smaller, make it more stable), feel free.

I can add it as an additional download.

Sure, I could start with some simple fixes.  The grey face thing which I think I just saw someone else already did (is that already in your mod now?, I'm still catching up on the past thread).  The rocks that were added next to the camp have an open texture on one side, could just remove the rocks (never was sure why they were added in the first place) and fix the navmesh, that's easy.  For the interior camp I was thinking start by just widening the tunnels going down so that its not so congested trying to lead slaves you want to sell down past all the guards (who often get in the way).  Also, I don't know if the mod currently has a slave faction, if not I'd create one and then set some of the idle markers (like the cages for example) as owned by that faction so that only slaves go in there.  Make Jarek's bed owned by him so only he sleeps in it, etc.  That way you don't see Jarek sitting in a cage but slaves would (just need to make not of the faction name so you can add it to your mod script to add that faction to any slaves created during play so their behavior will be correct as well).  I think another thing I had noticed was most of the guards didn't have keys to the cages so couldn't open the cage door to put sold slaves into the cage, easy enough to add that to their inventory.  More a list of tweaks really other than widening the tunnels. 

If there would be interest I might could take a crack and redesigning the interior so that there is a main room with maybe room for an "auction block / platform" near the entrance and a merchant you can buy slave collars, etc from, guard quarters off of the main room, Jareks room off the main room (or maybe off the guard quarters, a slaver probably likes his security LOL) a slave pen off the main room and then tunnels leading down to a mine with a forge and what not (which might give you your first mine to experiment with for the above mining function).  Again with wider tunnels to make it easier to navigate.  Assuming there would be any interest.

Oh an noticed another oddity with your mod.  Right now I'm just playing around to test things.  I grabbed a bandit and enslaved her, then hauled her off an sold her.  That worked fine.  Next I enslaved two more random bandits.  Most parts worked fine, on the main MCM page it correctly lists my character as owning 2 slaves.  However, on the Slave page is shows three slaves and one of them is listed twice.  My guess is that somewhere its not clearing out the slave I sold, hence the extra slot used.  The first two slots are the same slave, clicking on either shows her stats and allows me to rename her (nice feature btw).  The 2nd slave (which is in slot 3, hope that's clear) it won't show her stats when I click on her name.  So guess that's a bug report.  Will keep testing.

EDIT to add, noticed one more minor bug.  The slave info spell does not correctly return all info.  Example, I've got two bandits currently enslaved and have been working on "training" them.  I've noticed one is finally starting to advance in sex training (haven't gotten very far yet, curious to see what you've done with that).  Anyway, the one who's stats I can see in MCM (see bug above) has advanced a lil bit, but if I cast Slave Info on her it still shows Sex Training at 0 when actually its about 21.  The second slave, I have no idea how her training is actually progressing since I cannot see her correct stats in MCM due to the bug I mentioned in the paragraph above.  Seems like a minor bug, probably just didn't update the spell effect to return all the values.

You probably know what you are doing but have you considered asking around for help help from some other moddersthat also know what they are doing? I think they are plenty of people around who would really like to help like CliftonJD. Maybe the guy from Miaslair would like to help too for example. He did some quite impressive mod with his mod. He even added a hairchanger (which isn't really on point at the moment but it's still quite a feat).

I'd be happy to share the load, since to be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing ;)

I've had the "help needed" list in the OP since the beginning, but except for a select few it usually went "I want to help!" and never to be heard from again...

Never ran into naked bandits before, wouldn't that be a feature?  LOL

Seriously though, the problem I had in the past just running PAH (just 7.3 with the script patch) was things like coming back to find a bandit slave wearing gear or armor they shouldn't have (almost like it had generated some random leveled loot for them), being fully dressed in their own gear, or sometimes they'd just randomly disappear, and once in awhile they would go hostile and I'd have to put them down.  It seemed like the longer a game ran in total hours played the worse these problems got.  I did not notice most of the problems if I only kept unique NPCs long term, the problems only ever happened with bandits and other leveled encounter mobs I'd enslaved

I think we fixed that issue, although I'm not sure...

Well maybe periodic was the wrong word.  Was just suggesting some alternatives to slave training = "beat them senseless again".  Using sex as a reward or punishment, food, giving them gifts, etc. might be some ideas.  Definitely don't want to increase the papyrus load, too many things do that already.  So is there no simple way to use rewards, say something like if submissi => 60 giving a red apple adds +5 submission then start a gift timer that prevents getting another gift bonus for that slave for say 24 hrs game time?  Or would the timer add too much to papyrus?  Or maybe an apple only adds 0.5 to submission, keep the reward small enough it doesn't remove the challenge.

Another way to handle it might be to add another variable, call it say "love" (for lack of a better term, feel free to suggest something) that represents how much the slave likes/loves/adores you.  Do a check to make sure submission and maybe respect training are above X amount before you can start training the "love" variable.  Then giving gifts of food, sex, etc.start leveling "love" up.  The end effect is to alter their dialog further to something more affectionate, they start being more enthusiastic about things you might make them do, ie. "Slave I'm going to fuck you now..."  Slave response becomes "ooooh, I can't wait!" instead of the current "What are you doing!"   I suppose maybe this might be somewhat already handled under anger training, was never sure what that stat really did vs what respect training did.

Having any sort of timer would either be more scriptload or a shitload of globals. That's the problem...

Although I could use an internal counter and update it every time the slave is updated... Or make it sort of random... I'll have to think about it a bit longer...

I guess it depends on what you want it to do.  As far as using idle markers, that should be covered under sandboxing already.  If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then we're thinking having them actually mine ore while the player is off doing something else elsewhere (I think... LOL).  I guess the first thing I'd do is just use a variable to store when you started them on the task ("jobstart" and I guess some sort of alias to make it unique to that slave).  Next time you come back to that cell it checks the current game time (2nd variable, "jobend"), subtracts the first variable, multiplies the difference by some multiplier and that gives  X amount of ore mined which is then put in the slave's inventory.  If the player gets it out of inventory fine, if not its just stored there and the variables are cleared.  When you leave the cell, assuming you leave the slave working, it stores a new start job variable and when you return again it repeats the process.  At least if I were doing this in RPG Maker that's how I'd approach it, no idea if that's doable in papyrus, I haven't gotten nearly that far in learning to mod Skyrim yet.  Since there are no timers involved, the only time papyrus has to run for that would be when you start the job and when it ends, so script load should be quite manageable.   That just leaves what type is generated and I guess you'd have to either set a flag on the mine for that unless there is a way to detect either what ore nodes are present (no idea if that's possible) or detect a specific ore node (i.e. you start the job by telling the slave to mine and pointing them at a specific node, and it then detects what type of ore node that is and that's what the slave mines... this would get you only one type of ore per slave, again no idea if there is actually a way to detect that).  If there's no way to detect the ore node type, then the only other way I can think of you might could do it is set flags / aliases on custom built mines that store what ore types can be mined there, and the script simply calls when determining type and amounts of ore generated as per above.  That would mean you could have as many types of ore in a mine as you like and set variables for how "plentiful" each ore type is for each mine.  The downside is only mines that have been set this way would be available for the slave mining job, so you wouldn't be able to plop a slave down at a random ore node in the wilderness somewhere and leave them mining (well maybe you could but they'd never actually gather ore from it).  Probably no perfect solution so just have to pick what works best for the direction you want to go in.

An actually if you want a slave to mine a random ore node, I'm pretty sure there's already something in game that allows a follower to chop wood and adds wood to their inventory (To test, try this.  In game open the console and add a woodchopping block inside your home (base ref# 0007022e) leave a follower sandboxing in the home and wait for them to chop some wood, check their inventory afterwards and firewood has been added, the longer you leave them the more that gets added.  What I'm curious to know is how does that work, and can it be applied to ore nodes?).  So for the random ore node (ie. NOT a mine) maybe just forget a "mining task" and instead handle it by telling them to mine it while the player supervises (which really just means stays in the same cell).  That might be the best way to handle that.  Maybe also look at however EFF handles the task for followers to gather all of a resource in an area, that might yield some clues.

My main issue with the mines is I have no idea where to start. I have the general idea down, but time is short and since this is a pretty big part, I could waste days only to find myself in a dead end cause I started at the wrong end...

Sure, I could start with some simple fixes.  The grey face thing which I think I just saw someone else already did (is that already in your mod now?, I'm still catching up on the past thread).  The rocks that were added next to the camp have an open texture on one side, could just remove the rocks (never was sure why they were added in the first place) and fix the navmesh, that's easy.  For the interior camp I was thinking start by just widening the tunnels going down so that its not so congested trying to lead slaves you want to sell down past all the guards (who often get in the way).  Also, I don't know if the mod currently has a slave faction, if not I'd create one and then set some of the idle markers (like the cages for example) as owned by that faction so that only slaves go in there.  Make Jarek's bed owned by him so only he sleeps in it, etc.  That way you don't see Jarek sitting in a cage but slaves would (just need to make not of the faction name so you can add it to your mod script to add that faction to any slaves created during play so their behavior will be correct as well).  I think another thing I had noticed was most of the guards didn't have keys to the cages so couldn't open the cage door to put sold slaves into the cage, easy enough to add that to their inventory.  More a list of tweaks really other than widening the tunnels. 

If there would be interest I might could take a crack and redesigning the interior so that there is a main room with maybe room for an "auction block / platform" near the entrance and a merchant you can buy slave collars, etc from, guard quarters off of the main room, Jareks room off the main room (or maybe off the guard quarters, a slaver probably likes his security LOL) a slave pen off the main room and then tunnels leading down to a mine with a forge and what not (which might give you your first mine to experiment with for the above mining function).  Again with wider tunnels to make it easier to navigate.  Assuming there would be any interest.

Not sure which factions Fellglow uses, never touched it myself.

From my experience, best way is to go nuts and throw it up here. If people like it, they'll download it and complain if they find any issues or throw in ideas.

Oh an noticed another oddity with your mod.  Right now I'm just playing around to test things.  I grabbed a bandit and enslaved her, then hauled her off an sold her.  That worked fine.  Next I enslaved two more random bandits.  Most parts worked fine, on the main MCM page it correctly lists my character as owning 2 slaves.  However, on the Slave page is shows three slaves and one of them is listed twice.  My guess is that somewhere its not clearing out the slave I sold, hence the extra slot used.  The first two slots are the same slave, clicking on either shows her stats and allows me to rename her (nice feature btw).  The 2nd slave (which is in slot 3, hope that's clear) it won't show her stats when I click on her name.  So guess that's a bug report.  Will keep testing.

Yeah, that list is an endless pool of bugs... I'll have to compare the code to see if there is a newer version around or if it's a new issue...

EDIT to add, noticed one more minor bug.  The slave info spell does not correctly return all info.  Example, I've got two bandits currently enslaved and have been working on "training" them.  I've noticed one is finally starting to advance in sex training (haven't gotten very far yet, curious to see what you've done with that).  Anyway, the one who's stats I can see in MCM (see bug above) has advanced a lil bit, but if I cast Slave Info on her it still shows Sex Training at 0 when actually its about 21.  The second slave, I have no idea how her training is actually progressing since I cannot see her correct stats in MCM due to the bug I mentioned in the paragraph above.  Seems like a minor bug, probably just didn't update the spell effect to return all the values.

Not a bug, an inofficially deprecated feature...

Since I provide all info in MCM, I never bothered updating the spell ;)

Ok, i just saved my game with only one enslaved deadly wenches bandit. It didn't crash when i do it the usual way (which is going to another save and then to an actual one because the more mods you have the less chance it has to load everything at once and therefore ctdi'ng) but it still has the immersive wenches dialogue. Thoug not as cluttering as with the older one i had. It still takes 10 seconds before the statds are updated though. I don't know if this has something to do with the amount of scripts that are running or it is the usual way this works but i remember that with the G version everything went a lot faster with the same amount of mods i have now. It still renames these slaves too and i don't have the automatic renamer enabled. Maybe i shouldn't have overwritten version G with H. That might have been the issue.

To blabla:

A possible fast way to make mines is picking a vanilla mine and copying it. You have to remove all the markers in it however. So that might be a bit tricking to do especially if there are a lot of quest sensitive markers around that could pssibly break things. But atleast you don't have to navmesh much and you can eventually move stuff around in an already existing space. You don't have to worry about the music for example either or the lighting. I thought maybe you could use this tip if you ever thought about doing the mines. Or better still if you are going to this, i wouldn't mind making an .esp to show you a mine that might interest you. It won't have any markers or special stuff. Just lighting and navmeshes but atleast you can Judge yourself what you think of it before actually beginning at this yourself.

edit: ah, i see enar already considered making a mine for you. My propsition still stands though.

To Einar:

The slaveinfo spell does work but it takes about 10 seconds t show the change. That's why i thought it didn't update properly. I never checked the MCM menu at all since i was so accustomed to the slave info spell. woopsies :D

If you've fixed it then you Sir deserve a hot beverage!  Possibly an alcoholic one.  ;)

Having any sort of timer would either be more scriptload or a shitload of globals. That's the problem...

Although I could use an internal counter and update it every time the slave is updated... Or make it sort of random... I'll have to think about it a bit longer...

My main issue with the mines is I have no idea where to start. I have the general idea down, but time is short and since this is a pretty big part, I could waste days only to find myself in a dead end cause I started at the wrong end...

Well, all I can do is suggest something and then see if its a direction you want to go in.  If that gels then its just a matter of figuring out what needs to be done to make it happen and find people willing to do the work.

I'd suggest a two solution approach, so here it is in two parts

Part 1 - Mine Job

This would add a job option for a slave.  There should probably be some minimum requirements (such as submission =>60) before this becomes available.  Initially the only location would be the mine in Fellglow camp, later quests given by Jarek could add other mine locations.  When the conditions are met, the dialog presents you with the job option "Slave, you're going to work in the mines..."  The slave might have some dialog response depending on their training and if you want to add that layer of role play, up to you.  Assuming the slave is obedient about going to work in the mine the next thing is the script does a check to see what locations are available (kind of like TDF prostitution does when you order them to go work in a city, you could probably look at how that was done for ideas), this compiles a list of available locations which get presented in a dialog option such as "Yes sir, where would you like me to work..." followed by the valid mine locations.  Player selects a location from the list and the slave dutifully marches off to that location.

I don't know if the game can calculate travel time if so that should probably be done and maybe track the slave's location, not sure how doable that is, will leave that up to you.

Once the slave arrives at the mine location, it records a jobstart variable.  The slave "works" in the mine and will continue to do so until ordered to stop work, at which point it creates a jobend variable.  At that point subtract jobend from jobstart to get a time interger.  The mine would be flagged for certain ore types (this would have to be done for each mine), the script then looks up the mine, finds what ore types it produces and a variable for the frequency of those ore types and then multiplies the time integer with each of those.  That gives the ore collected and those are added to the slave's inventory.  Setting it so it doesn't do the jobend until you stop them working means you can visit and watch them work (for role play or whatever) without interrupting the ore collecting, but you can't actually get ore from their inventory til you stop work (not a perfect solution but should be a workable one).

Sandboxing in the mine doesn't functionally do anything, its just cosmetic appearance.  The real work is done by the script.  For each mine created you'd need to create a small dbase entry that lists what types of ore are available from that mine and the quantity value.  I guess that would be stored in a json (or whatever the suffix is) file or something.  That file would have nothing to do with what ore nodes were present in the mine, so whoever creates the mine itself would need to know what types of ore are supposed to be there and in what quantity so that appearance wise is seems to match up.

If that works for you, then there's how you do mines, all you need is someone to create mines, someone to write the script, someone to write any needed dialog and then you put it all together.   Sound like a plan?  What area(s) are giving you trouble?

Part 2:  Node Mining

This is what happens when you tell a slave to mine a specific ore node, whether its in a mine or the wilderness.  If possible figure out how the chopping wood thing works and how to apply that to ore nodes, that would use in game scripting (shit already there so less for you to do) and get that working.  If not, then we'd need to come up with a script to do it.  I'm not sure how that would be done, you'd need a way to detect the ore node type, then trigger whatever script handles player mining (getting the three bits of ore and a random gem) or write one that duplicates that function.  To me this sounds like more scripting than Part 1 above so might have to be left for later.  Maybe someone who knows a lot more about scripting in Skyrim can address this, I don't know that much really and most of it is over my paygrade (I'm good at logic, but I don't know the Papyrus language at all).  Personally, I'd focus on Part 1 above and get that working and leave this for later.  In most cases by the time you tell a slave to mine a single node you could have just done it yourself.  It might be more useful if we can figure out to make it work like the "Gather all" function EFF has for plants where you can get a follower to just gather up all the plants in an area / cell.  But one thing at a time.

From my experience, best way is to go nuts and throw it up here. If people like it, they'll download it and complain if they find any issues or throw in ideas.

Thought I'd ask in case you knew just so we can keep the nomenclature straight, don't need three factions names to do the same thing LOL  I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I can find and get started.  Most of it shouldn't take me long to knock out.  Changing the tunnels is the only bit that might be time consuming... maybe not, won't know till I get in there an see how its built and what it will take to change it.

If they don't have any I'll probably use something like "IsPAHSlave" and then use that to set faction ownership for any idlemarkers we only want slaves to use.  I might also do "IsPAHGuard" an do the same for guards.  Assuming something like that isn't already in there, if it is I'll just use whatever they have an tweak the markers, simple enough to do.

Yeah, that list is an endless pool of bugs... I'll have to compare the code to see if there is a newer version around or if it's a new issue...

Yeah, its always something.  I have a feeling its related to the slave I sold.  I'm not sure how long PAH keeps her in the slave pen before actually deleting her, so I'm waiting for that to happen to see what effect that has.   Just to experiment I went out and captured two more hapless bandits.   Here's what happened.

Upon capture the onscreen msg from PAH as to number of slaves I own was 4/15.  This is incorrect, it should have been 3/50

When I open MCM, it correctly lists it as 3/50.

When I went to the slaves tab, the 3rd slave was listed (4 slots used though) and I could now see the stats of the 2nd slave (the one I couldn't before), however I cannot see the stats of the 3rd slave.

When I collared a 4th slave it was pretty much the same as above, just +1.  So there seems to be some "disagreement" between PAH and your Extension.  Hopefully that helps you pin down where the problem might be.

Kinda figured ;)   I enabled the spell at first because... oh look a button... must press it!  LOL  Also I hadn't yet discovered what the slave tab did so that was the only way I knew to get info on the slave.   Other than the above issue I like using the slave tab better than the spell so I probably won't be using it in the future either.   But still, its there so figured I'd report it.

To blabla:

A possible fast way to make mines is picking a vanilla mine and copying it. You have to remove all the markers in it however. So that might be a bit tricking to do especially if there are a lot of quest sensitive markers around that could pssibly break things. But atleast you don't have to navmesh much and you can eventually move stuff around in an already existing space. You don't have to worry about the music for example either or the lighting. I thought maybe you could use this tip if you ever thought about doing the mines. Or better still if you are going to this, i wouldn't mind making an .esp to show you a mine that might interest you. It won't have any markers or special stuff. Just lighting and navmeshes but atleast you can Judge yourself what you think of it before actually beginning at this yourself.

edit: ah, i see enar already considered making a mine for you. My propsition still stands though.

To Einar:

The slaveinfo spell does work but it takes about 10 seconds t show the change. That's why i thought it didn't update properly. I never checked the MCM menu at all since i was so accustomed to the slave info spell. woopsies :D

I might copy a mine, that's a way many go but I kind of dislike it cause then it isn't as original and I kinda like seeing something new, plus I just enjoy creating stuff. :)   I don't Navmeshing at all, to me its kinda like doing retoppo only easier cause I don't have to worry about mixing quads and tris or loop flow (and if that's gibberish to you, its cause I do 3D modeling).  Lighting and sound effects I need to brush up on, I've done a little bit of lighting, haven't tried sound effects yet, and haven't done anything with water yet.  But, I do have some tutorials on all those things and so far I've found Bethesda's method of making locations very easy to use, pretty damn clever really.  Hell of a lot easier than some other games I've done mods for.  But that's me, and if we're going to have multiple mine locations it would probably be a good idea to have more than one person working on it.  In other words, don't let anything I might do stop you from contributing, the more the better.  Make something an throw it up here.

If you've fixed it then you Sir deserve a hot beverage!  Possibly an alcoholic one.  ;)

Well, all I can do is suggest something and then see if its a direction you want to go in.  If that gels then its just a matter of figuring out what needs to be done to make it happen and find people willing to do the work.

I'd suggest a two solution approach, so here it is in two parts

Part 1 - Mine Job

This would add a job option for a slave.  There should probably be some minimum requirements (such as submission =>60) before this becomes available.  Initially the only location would be the mine in Fellglow camp, later quests given by Jarek could add other mine locations.  When the conditions are met, the dialog presents you with the job option "Slave, you're going to work in the mines..."  The slave might have some dialog response depending on their training and if you want to add that layer of role play, up to you.  Assuming the slave is obedient about going to work in the mine the next thing is the script does a check to see what locations are available (kind of like TDF prostitution does when you order them to go work in a city, you could probably look at how that was done for ideas), this compiles a list of available locations which get presented in a dialog option such as "Yes sir, where would you like me to work..." followed by the valid mine locations.  Player selects a location from the list and the slave dutifully marches off to that location.

I don't know if the game can calculate travel time if so that should probably be done and maybe track the slave's location, not sure how doable that is, will leave that up to you.

Once the slave arrives at the mine location, it records a jobstart variable.  The slave "works" in the mine and will continue to do so until ordered to stop work, at which point it creates a jobend variable.  At that point subtract jobend from jobstart to get a time interger.  The mine would be flagged for certain ore types (this would have to be done for each mine), the script then looks up the mine, finds what ore types it produces and a variable for the frequency of those ore types and then multiplies the time integer with each of those.  That gives the ore collected and those are added to the slave's inventory.  Setting it so it doesn't do the jobend until you stop them working means you can visit and watch them work (for role play or whatever) without interrupting the ore collecting, but you can't actually get ore from their inventory til you stop work (not a perfect solution but should be a workable one).

Sandboxing in the mine doesn't functionally do anything, its just cosmetic appearance.  The real work is done by the script.  For each mine created you'd need to create a small dbase entry that lists what types of ore are available from that mine and the quantity value.  I guess that would be stored in a json (or whatever the suffix is) file or something.  That file would have nothing to do with what ore nodes were present in the mine, so whoever creates the mine itself would need to know what types of ore are supposed to be there and in what quantity so that appearance wise is seems to match up.

If that works for you, then there's how you do mines, all you need is someone to create mines, someone to write the script, someone to write any needed dialog and then you put it all together.   Sound like a plan?  What area(s) are giving you trouble?

Part 2:  Node Mining

This is what happens when you tell a slave to mine a specific ore node, whether its in a mine or the wilderness.  If possible figure out how the chopping wood thing works and how to apply that to ore nodes, that would use in game scripting (shit already there so less for you to do) and get that working.  If not, then we'd need to come up with a script to do it.  I'm not sure how that would be done, you'd need a way to detect the ore node type, then trigger whatever script handles player mining (getting the three bits of ore and a random gem) or write one that duplicates that function.  To me this sounds like more scripting than Part 1 above so might have to be left for later.  Maybe someone who knows a lot more about scripting in Skyrim can address this, I don't know that much really and most of it is over my paygrade (I'm good at logic, but I don't know the Papyrus language at all).  Personally, I'd focus on Part 1 above and get that working and leave this for later.  In most cases by the time you tell a slave to mine a single node you could have just done it yourself.  It might be more useful if we can figure out to make it work like the "Gather all" function EFF has for plants where you can get a follower to just gather up all the plants in an area / cell.  But one thing at a time.

Thought I'd ask in case you knew just so we can keep the nomenclature straight, don't need three factions names to do the same thing LOL  I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I can find and get started.  Most of it shouldn't take me long to knock out.  Changing the tunnels is the only bit that might be time consuming... maybe not, won't know till I get in there an see how its built and what it will take to change it.

If they don't have any I'll probably use something like "IsPAHSlave" and then use that to set faction ownership for any idlemarkers we only want slaves to use.  I might also do "IsPAHGuard" an do the same for guards.  Assuming something like that isn't already in there, if it is I'll just use whatever they have an tweak the markers, simple enough to do.

Yeah, its always something.  I have a feeling its related to the slave I sold.  I'm not sure how long PAH keeps her in the slave pen before actually deleting her, so I'm waiting for that to happen to see what effect that has.   Just to experiment I went out and captured two more hapless bandits.   Here's what happened.

Upon capture the onscreen msg from PAH as to number of slaves I own was 4/15.  This is incorrect, it should have been 3/50

When I open MCM, it correctly lists it as 3/50.

When I went to the slaves tab, the 3rd slave was listed (4 slots used though) and I could now see the stats of the 2nd slave (the one I couldn't before), however I cannot see the stats of the 3rd slave.

When I collared a 4th slave it was pretty much the same as above, just +1.  So there seems to be some "disagreement" between PAH and your Extension.  Hopefully that helps you pin down where the problem might be.

Kinda figured ;)   I enabled the spell at first because... oh look a button... must press it!  LOL  Also I hadn't yet discovered what the slave tab did so that was the only way I knew to get info on the slave.   Other than the above issue I like using the slave tab better than the spell so I probably won't be using it in the future either.   But still, its there so figured I'd report it.

As i said before i would be honored of helping out by making the mine and maybe some very small scripting too as i don't know very much about it. however i can navmesh the place and place the lighting and other various features. i could place some markers around to make someone else figure out what to do with. I was thinking about something of the proportions of the cidhna mines.

i know i haven't really pushed out any mods myself but i learned enough to be able to this. It will take a long time though.

edit: nevermind you answered already. Guess my internet derped again :) Will send a .esp soon (probably going to be for Christmas vacation or something and pretty simple too.  

To blabla:

To Einar:

I might copy a mine, that's a way many go but I kind of dislike it cause then it isn't as original and I kinda like seeing something new, plus I just enjoy creating stuff. :)   I don't Navmeshing at all, to me its kinda like doing retoppo only easier cause I don't have to worry about mixing quads and tris or loop flow (and if that's gibberish to you, its cause I do 3D modeling).  Lighting and sound effects I need to brush up on, I've done a little bit of lighting, haven't tried sound effects yet, and haven't done anything with water yet.  But, I do have some tutorials on all those things and so far I've found Bethesda's method of making locations very easy to use, pretty damn clever really.  Hell of a lot easier than some other games I've done mods for.  But that's me, and if we're going to have multiple mine locations it would probably be a good idea to have more than one person working on it.  In other words, don't let anything I might do stop you from contributing, the more the better.  Make something an throw it up here.

Actually i usually copy just part of a cell and then if i don't like the way something looks i change it around a bit. Still in the borders what it usually was because i don't know yet how to change the FOV of the cell.

In the meantime, Clifton made a repack in the broken forum:

ok here's a sl repack, you'll still need original paradise halls from the nexus we can't compress it enough to send within 100mb limit, But...

this is every fix added here from the paradise halls no grey face to the sl fixes

this is the only full version h0.5 in existence

you don't need to delete anything, but i've provided enough here it won't matter if you do

just overwrite all files

you only need to disable the esp's and clean the save to fix the slave count

once you get that fixed be careful not to click "enslave" on the same npc regardless of the delay in the cloning process

at some point in the future the cloning process may be rewritten again so it's more seemless, but for now there's a delay for compatibility with other mods while we work to make everything fully functional - there's ALOT of bugs in pah that blabla has worked on here and alot of features added

That should contain the CTD-fix

Looks like the link broke... Clifton, do you still have that archive somewhere?

ya, i'll repost that now

For the most part it seems to be working okay, I like the new dialog options, responses and reactions.  Gives the slaves a bit more personality.  It seems like training is more difficult than the last time I tried PAH, seems to be taking longer to level up submission.  I'm not sure how sexual training is supposed to work, so far I haven't seen that increase any but maybe I just haven't gotten far enough into the changes yet.

I have noticed a few CTDs after sex scenes finish but I'm not sure if is being cause by this mod or by issues with SexLab.  I've had a few other instances prior to installing this mod with that problem.  Also with falling thru floors and other odd happenings.  It seems like its happening a lil more frequent now but that could just be coincidence.

Again, happy to see this is still in development.  Only just found this thread today.  Ironically I had been talking to a friend about a wish list for a functional slavery mod which PAH started out to be but never got finished.  Seems like this mod is going in many of the same directions as my wish list.

your description sounds bad if you're getting ctd's from pah

reposting again

Couple of questions

Does anyone know how long a slave sold to Jarek will remain in the slave pens before "disappearing"?

Anyone try releasing a slave, and they hang around continuing to be a slave anyway?

felglow keep is known to keep them indefinitely for several versions now,m we don't know how that happened, i used to see them escorted out and never seen again, but now he keeps over 20 before it gets unstable and need to reinstall felglow to delete them

yes, if you're looking to help, felglow is where we need it most Or if you can copy jarek to a better location that doesn't use that mine or it's excessive npc count

Ok, i got a new bug. Whenever i rename a slave (which can only happen once apparently because it doesn't work anymore for some reason) and i go into another cel like a cave for example she is completely unclickable and her name has been whiped out out of the slave registry. :(

Any fix for this?

losing a slave's name instantly like that hasn't occcured for ages, like a very very old issue

2 known causes for that:

-avoid adding too many dd items, a single collar should be fine, don't know the limit, its the script load of concern for the slaves

-another version of jcontainer is overwriting your files, most likely an older version

solutions: try redownloading jcontainer incase that's the issue, then move pah and pah sl to a spot in mo that overwrites everything except for skeleton

ok here's a sl repack, you'll still need original paradise halls from the nexus we can't compress it enough to send within 100mb limit, But...

this is every fix added here from the paradise halls no grey face to the sl fixes

you don't need to delete anything, but i've provided enough here it won't matter if you do

just overwrite all files

once you get that fixed be careful not to click "enslave" on the same npc regardless of the delay in the cloning process

at some point in the future the cloning process may be rewritten again so it's more seemless, but for now there's a delay for compatibility with other mods while we work to make everything fully functional - there's ALOT of bugs in pah that blabla has worked on here and alot of features added

ya, i'll repost that now

reposting again

attachicon.gifparadise_halls sl extension repack release h_rc0.5.zip

Couple of questions

Does anyone know how long a slave sold to Jarek will remain in the slave pens before "disappearing"?

Anyone try releasing a slave, and they hang around continuing to be a slave anyway?

felglow keep is known to keep them indefinitely for several versions now,m we don't know how that happened, i used to see them escorted out and never seen again, but now he keeps over 20 before it gets unstable and need to reinstall felglow to delete them

yes, if you're looking to help, felglow is where we need it most Or if you can copy jarek to a better location that doesn't use that mine or it's excessive npc count

Ok, i got a new bug. Whenever i rename a slave (which can only happen once apparently because it doesn't work anymore for some reason) and i go into another cel like a cave for example she is completely unclickable and her name has been whiped out out of the slave registry. :(

Any fix for this?

losing a slave's name instantly like that hasn't occcured for ages, like a very very old issue

2 known causes for that:

-avoid adding too many dd items, a single collar should be fine, don't know the limit, its the script load of concern for the slaves

-another version of jcontainer is overwriting your files, most likely an older version

solutions: try redownloading jcontainer incase that's the issue, then move pah and pah sl to a spot in mo that overwrites everything except for skeleton

i only used zaz collar and cuffs. so i don't think that's the issue. jcontainer is up to date. moved xpmse.esp below pah. maybe that was the issue. also downloaded repack

reposting again

Couple of questions

Only time I think it caused a CTD was the first time I loaded a game after installing it.  It was while the extension stuff seemed to be initializing, took loading 3 trimes before it loaded okay.  Since then, no issues with it (other than the minor bugs reported).

Got Fellglow camp open in CK as I write this.  Looks like the original author did some creative things with the guards.  BTW, there already were some slave factions, I suspected there would be (PAHSlaveFaction and PAHFellglowSlaveFaction if you're curious).  So far as the slaves staying forever, sounds like something got buggered cause I don't remember it doing that.  IIRC last time I tried using PAH they hung around in the cage for a couple of game days and then went poof.  Definitely need to track that bug down, cause that could be a game breaker.   Unfortunately, can't really help with that.  I know enough to know that's on the scripting side of things and that's over my pay grade.

First impression, moving Jarek wouldn't be that hard, just need to sort out all the markers he uses (shouldn't be a problem there aren't that many).  Right now what has me puzzled is how the guards work, it's doing some things with aliases I don't fully understand yet and I don't want to tinker too much until I've had a chance to look through and am clear on what it all does.  Haven't had time to get that far into it yet though.  Once I get that figured out and document important RefIDs on things, should be good to go (learned the hard way long time ago, WRITE SHIT DOWN!  LOL).

On the other hand, tweaking the exterior should be no trouble at all, could have a first test file you guys can play with as early as Monday.

If you really want a bigger space with a better lay out I'm fine with that, was kinda leaning in that direction anyway.  I just need to sort out how the existing camp works so I can properly replicate the functionality.  If you've got a wish list of features you'd like to add or have room for later, do tell.

just overwrite all files

ya, i'll repost that now

reposting again

Couple of questions

Any fix for this?

2 known causes for that:

i only used zaz collar and cuffs. so i don't think that's the issue. jcontainer is up to date. moved xpmse.esp below pah. maybe that was the issue. also downloaded repack

should be able to rename the slaves to fix the bug

reposting again

Couple of questions

Only time I think it caused a CTD was the first time I loaded a game after installing it.  It was while the extension stuff seemed to be initializing, took loading 3 trimes before it loaded okay.  Since then, no issues with it (other than the minor bugs reported).

Got Fellglow camp open in CK as I write this.  Looks like the original author did some creative things with the guards.  BTW, there already were some slave factions, I suspected there would be (PAHSlaveFaction and PAHFellglowSlaveFaction if you're curious).  So far as the slaves staying forever, sounds like something got buggered cause I don't remember it doing that.  IIRC last time I tried using PAH they hung around in the cage for a couple of game days and then went poof.  Definitely need to track that bug down, cause that could be a game breaker.   Unfortunately, can't really help with that.  I know enough to know that's on the scripting side of things and that's over my pay grade.

First impression, moving Jarek wouldn't be that hard, just need to sort out all the markers he uses (shouldn't be a problem there aren't that many).  Right now what has me puzzled is how the guards work, it's doing some things with aliases I don't fully understand yet and I don't want to tinker too much until I've had a chance to look through and am clear on what it all does.  Haven't had time to get that far into it yet though.  Once I get that figured out and document important RefIDs on things, should be good to go (learned the hard way long time ago, WRITE SHIT DOWN!  LOL).

On the other hand, tweaking the exterior should be no trouble at all, could have a first test file you guys can play with as early as Monday.

If you really want a bigger space with a better lay out I'm fine with that, was kinda leaning in that direction anyway.  I just need to sort out how the existing camp works so I can properly replicate the functionality.  If you've got a wish list of features you'd like to add or have room for later, do tell.

if you can figure out what the original author did with those guards escorting the slaves, maybe you could narrow that down to 1 guard escorting the slaves to the cages and 1 guard escorting them from the cages to oblivion - originally they were escorted away like you remember it wasn't long maybe couple days, at 1 point sl extension broke felglow camp - couldn't sell slaves, something to do with the array used at fellglow, anyhow we fixed that quick, but haven't been able to fix the issue with slaves staying there since then

at some point i tried deleting some npc's but never uploaded it, those arrays were too hardcoded for me to remove any of the guards and the esp became unusable

I'll see what I can track down, I'm just starting to learn to use aliases and create quests so figuring that part of it out might take me a little longer.  But I'm already pretty sure that's where your bug is at, somewhere in how he used the aliases and quest to control stuff.  The problem with narrowing it down to one guard is I'll have to figure out how exactly he was telling a guard to do that in the first place... and if I can figure that out in theory I can maybe answer your questions and tweak it do do what you want.  Thing is I know pretty much nothing about the scripting side of it or how the extension works, so I can't even ask intelligent questions about what to look for.  Might be easier if you ask me what you're looking for and I'll see if I can find it.

On the upside, and this is in theory btw, I could actually rebuild the whole camp interior, keep the existing markers and shit and then just move them to the new location within the same cell, so far as I can tell that should work.   So you'd have a camp that functions at least so far as the current one does, just bigger.

But I'd rather take a crack at figuring this shit out first, more you know better off you are.

I'll see what I can track down, I'm just starting to learn to use aliases and create quests so figuring that part of it out might take me a little longer.  But I'm already pretty sure that's where your bug is at, somewhere in how he used the aliases and quest to control stuff.  The problem with narrowing it down to one guard is I'll have to figure out how exactly he was telling a guard to do that in the first place... and if I can figure that out in theory I can maybe answer your questions and tweak it do do what you want.  Thing is I know pretty much nothing about the scripting side of it or how the extension works, so I can't even ask intelligent questions about what to look for.  Might be easier if you ask me what you're looking for and I'll see if I can find it.

On the upside, and this is in theory btw, I could actually rebuild the whole camp interior, keep the existing markers and shit and then just move them to the new location within the same cell, so far as I can tell that should work.   So you'd have a camp that functions at least so far as the current one does, just bigger.

But I'd rather take a crack at figuring this shit out first, more you know better off you are.

if/when you wanna break from the scripts,an area like this would be good:

the following is a link to a framework that never got off the ground :

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1213-s³-slavers-101/

i like how simple it was to get in there and sell the slaves, the cages with guards walking the slaves to and fro could be an appearance thing some might like, but i'm thinking start right at the entrance like they did with s3, do the slave trading there and any cages can go down the hall somewhere 

-maybe an idea while you're still figuring out the guards or cell markers would be to pop into the cell at jarek's area or make that door downstairs the entrance for now and eliminate that huge hallway leading in

K picture being worth a thousand words (and also apparently my infamous walls of texts aren't so popular :cool: LOL)  Here's a rough sketch of an updated layout.

The red dot is where you would enter / exit / connect to the world.

The guard room would mostly be bunks for the guards to sleep in in shifts and maybe a seating area for off duty guards to chill at (thinking of altering their behavior so some are active at night, some during the day, basically give em a bit more "life") 

Jarek and his personal slave sleep in his room, he can sometimes be found there or wandering about.

The slave cells are where slaves go when you sell them,  Room to hold a few dozen slaves and anything else we might want to do with that later on (like being able to buy slaves, or what have you).  Was also thinking set up part of it as a "training" area.  Maybe later once you guys sort out some things and add more slave features / training options this might be a sort of tutorial area where a player can ask and be shown "the ropes" of slave training (pun intended).

The main room would be a large hall with a raised platform at one end (dotted line).  This is where you sell a slave at, Jarek looks them over, etc.   Maybe later this area could be used for some "fake" auctions, basically some NPCs, and AI packages and maybe dialog to appear like an auction even though you can't buy anything (and maybe somewhere down the road an actual functional auction but I figure that's way down on the list).

There would be room in the main hall to add a merchant you can buy slaving items from (collars, cufffs, whips, etc.) as well as sell junk too, maybe even invest in his business if you have the perk.

Maybe a bar area in the main hall, you can get a drink and if I can figure it out later adapt the scripting from the Bannered Mare that causes Saadia to come over if you sit down, except here it would be a naked slave waitress... I'll have to figure out how to do that so might take a bit.

An then there's a passage leading to "the Fellglow Mines" which will be another cell to be built later.  When you guys get the mining job thing working, this could be the first mine location available for slaves to work in.

That's what I had in mind, nothing too fancy, room for other stuff to be added later and plenty of elbow room.

post-749264-0-15790100-1449981651_thumb.jpg

K picture being worth a thousand words (and also apparently my infamous walls of texts aren't so popular :cool: LOL)  Here's a rough sketch of an updated layout.

The guard room would mostly be bunks for the guards to sleep in in shifts and maybe a seating area for off duty guards to chill at (thinking of altering their behavior so some are active at night, some during the day, basically give em a bit more "life") 

Jarek and his personal slave sleep in his room, he can sometimes be found there or wandering about.

The slave cells are where slaves go when you sell them,  Room to hold a few dozen slaves and anything else we might want to do with that later on (like being able to buy slaves, or what have you).  Was also thinking set up part of it as a "training" area.  Maybe later once you guys sort out some things and add more slave features / training options this might be a sort of tutorial area where a player can ask and be shown "the ropes" of slave training (pun intended).

The main room would be a large hall with a raised platform at one end (dotted line).  This is where you sell a slave at, Jarek looks them over, etc.   Maybe later this area could be used for some "fake" auctions, basically some NPCs, and AI packages and maybe dialog to appear like an auction even though you can't buy anything (and maybe somewhere down the road an actual functional auction but I figure that's way down on the list).

There would be room in the main hall to add a merchant you can buy slaving items from (collars, cufffs, whips, etc.) as well as sell junk too, maybe even invest in his business if you have the perk.

Maybe a bar area in the main hall, you can get a drink and if I can figure it out later adapt the scripting from the Bannered Mare that causes Saadia to come over if you sit down, except here it would be a naked slave waitress... I'll have to figure out how to do that so might take a bit.

An then there's a passage leading to "the Fellglow Mines" which will be another cell to be built later.  When you guys get the mining job thing working, this could be the first mine location available for slaves to work in.

That's what I had in mind, nothing too fancy, room for other stuff to be added later and plenty of elbow room.

that's not bad, can we get a shortcut from the entrance area to jarek's quarter's to wake his ass until he hires an assistant to sell the slaves to

Could or just could put his quarters directly off the main room.  However, waking Jarek up may result in worse prices... man likes his beauty sleep.  LOL

Meanwhile I'm working on a temp entrance add off the existing main room (using the unused door, I just had to push it back an add a short hall because there some sort of trigger box that apparently needs to be there an needed room for that) to the existing camp as part of a short term fix.

EDIT:  Getting ready to call it a night, here's what I have done

• Moved entrance to interior fellglow camp (tested, works and followers can use)
  • Fixed the idlemarkers inside cages so guards will no longer use them (appears to work)

Still to do...

• Add keys to guards inventory
  • Tweak idle markers add some new ones for guards near new entrance
  • Tweak clutter and lighting near new entrance
  • Fix exterior

Should have that finished up sometime tomorrow so maybe will have an updated file ready for you guys to play with tomorrow night or Monday.  I tried doing this as a patch file but could not get it to work properly so I'm just updating the fellglow camp.esp file.  Before you test this you might want to back up yours and then drop the new one in your data folder.

Also, while editing got thiserror warning, not sure if its something you guys should be concerned with...

MASTERFILE:  Unable to find variable ::sell_stage_var on any VM scripts for form 'PAHFellglowSlaveCampQuest' (020057E9) in TESConditionItem Parameter Init for INFO Form " (0200836E): Quest 'PaHFellglowSlaveCampQuest' (020057E9), Topic "PAHFSCAnyMoreSlavesBranchTopic' (0200836D), Text: "Are there any more you want me to look at?"

Nice, looking great. This is a good referencing point for me too. The way to the mines for example culd be made with rocky walls and stuff to show you are closing in onto the mines. Also i'd suggest for the main hall to use solitude based architecture. Not the fancy one (well, maybe for the auction hall, who knows but for the slave part, you could use the imperial dungeon ones).

I remember having made a very simplistic dungeon. It was mainly meant as a modders resource of some sorts. You know a template to base your dungeon/prison area off. It never really got finished because i had problems with the seconds version that added an imperial based dungeon. Maybe it wasn't a great idea to attach them to existing playe homes...

It's still here on loverslab if you are interested.

Archived