Mod Question

StackEmHigh

Hello, and thank you in advance for reading this post - please feel free to PM me if you can help with the following, I've been posting this question in a few site forums.

I am making a mod that involves vanilla NPCs.  One of these NPCs offers the player a quest during the game.  I want to involve this NPC in a quest, but do not wish to break the quest that they offer the player.  I am trying to learn how to begin my quest with a condition that it can only begin after the quest that this NPC offers the player is completed.

Furthermore, at the time that the quest is completed (the one the NPC offers the player), I would like to have the NPC "lobotomized", in other words, I would like to have all of their AI Packages, dialogue views, EVERYTHING removed so they are just like a newborn NPC.  Then I would like my quest to begin.

If anyone can help me to go about this, or to offer me any advice I would greatly appreciate it, please PM me if you can, or leave a reply to this thread - oh, and I hope I have posted in the correct category (my apologies if not).

Thank you again for your time, I hope to hear from you.

Sincerely,

StackEmHigh

I have little idea about this stuff, just a couple of suggestions.

For the packages there is the conditions tab where you have the GetQuestIsCompleted. I think this might make the packages not usable unless the quest is not completed. Same with dialogues etc.

For the quest part, maybe you could start the 2nd quest once the first quest is completed. There are "complete quest" / "next quest" options in the quest stages tab. That or via scripting, like secondQuest.start()

Or make the 2nd quest start at stage 0 where nothing happens. Then when the first quest is completed advance the 2nd to stage 10 where the fun stuff begins.

Thank you, b3lisario.  I am wondering, how does one discover the ID of a given quest?  I have tried to filter the name of this quest, but nothing shows in the CK.  I have looked at the dialogue of the NPC in question who gives the player the quest but there is no reference to the quest by name.

When you speak of the packages, you are referring to the AI packages, yes?

I am very excited to make my first mod and have a great idea but am looking for help where ever I can find it...I am spending so much time reading it's overwhelming me and I feel like I am getting further from where I want to be, like being pulled out on a riptide...

Thanks for your reply, I hope to hear from you again.

StackEmHigh

I am wondering (an un-related question), do you think it matters if I clean my official DLCs before or after I install the Creation Kit?

Everything is so touchy with the CK (I find), I am about to try "Bendu Olo's Only Hope" yet again with a fresh install of Skyrim (no mods).  I am hoping that this will remedy the problems I've been having.  I have decided to download the CK first, then to clean my DLCs.  If anyone has any input on this I would be happy to hear it.

I appreciate your advice.

Archived