Notepad++ not creating .Pex file after completing

Kyuubii

I've been trying to make some edits to a few .psc files, then compile them into the appropriate .pex files, but for some reason I'm not getting the .pex file. 

It's not failing, its simply not there.  In the command prompt box it says 1 success, 0 failures.  But I don't have the .Pex file anywhere. 

Is this a problem with an outdated Notepad++? 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks.

This is what my .bat file currently says;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Papyrus compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="C:Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"
pause

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by a %2 or %3.  Where the -o= is where i've been looking for my .pex fiiles, but they don't exist.  Am I suposed to have some more text in that .bat file?

You got an error in the output path.

-o="C:Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"

should be

-o="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"

There's a backslash missing, right after the drive letter.

Thank you!

It looks like it is working now.  I spent most of a day with Google trying to get it to run in the first place and had to basically re-write the .bat file before it would say it succeeded at all.  Dyslexia and scripting are probably not good bedfellows, but I'm going to persist in my attempts.

Archived