How to fix the skin colour difference

kissofthehell

Blending color between wrists and body and body and neck is just a pain in the ass. Caliente's texblend program can work pretty well especially if the skin your using is based on the default CBBE skin. Otherwise, you can use photoshop/gimp and do the transition yourself though that's pretty hard. You can also use something like Zbrush to let you paint along the seam with a clone tool or something to completely remove the color difference at the seam.

Sometimes the skin color is actually identical but the normal map is incompatible so the lighting is done differently on the hands then it is on the body or vice versa. The hand normal map I've done share the same normal space as my body normal maps so the lighting should be identical. I'm pretty sure most of the other good quality body normal map replacements have done the same.

The only way to make it even easier than that would be if one of us came over to your place and did it for you.

I'm often really bored after work and weekends when I'm not too tired, so that's always a possibility :P JK, but seriously texblend is really straight forward and does a good job as long as your skin is at least similar to caliente's skins. You can even use the psd file the author of that mod released to make psd files that will let you apply specific tattoos to any skin using texblend, but since all the tattoos are in a single psd you need some basic photoshop/gimp know-how to do that(or the patience to learn something new).

Blending color between wrists and body and body and neck is just a pain in the ass. Caliente's texblend program can work pretty well especially if the skin your using is based on the default CBBE skin. Otherwise' date=' you can use photoshop/gimp and do the transition yourself though that's pretty hard. You can also use something like Zbrush to let you paint along the seam with a clone tool or something to completely remove the color difference at the seam.

Sometimes the skin color is actually identical but the normal map is incompatible so the lighting is done differently on the hands then it is on the body or vice versa. The hand normal map I've done share the same normal space as my body normal maps so the lighting should be identical. I'm pretty sure most of the other good quality body normal map replacements have done the same.

[/quote']

Thanks for shedding light (har har) on the cause of this problem. I have it all over my game. But then I'm doing this whole, different bodies for each race thing and for whatever reason, the heads are going dark or light even if the matching heads are there...

Archived