Heh... I tried that, and it didn't work.

Then I just barely tried it again... and it works.

Derp... must have misspelled. 

Fuck it - I just renamed her "Herra" and that works fine.

Still having problems getting the quest to show up in the journal properly, but it's coming along.

• 1 month later...

Not a bug report but a general comment.... shouldn't this mod force you to change name to 'content_producer'? :)

Oh dear...

Wait, no. After all, when you consume food, you end up producing, ahem, waste... so I figure I'm still good, considering that mostly what I do is consume, not produce.

I thoroughly enjoy contributing to entropy in my own little way. :)

Aye, it's a problem.

I was considering making all the NPCs involved in this quest essential until their part is done, but I don't like blocking things that way...

I've spammed people's notification area a lot today, what's one more? I'll put the warning up front.

EDIT: I dunno, though. Maybe making them essential until the quest is done is fine. Anton is, I believe, the only NPC who is part of a major quest like that (Garvey is another, but there's no quest that specifically calls for his death). I'll see if I can figure out how to add a check to see if an NPC is dead, and if so, I'll just put a note in his room somewhere detailing where to go next.

You need to talk to Herra and she will tell you where to go, there is no journal entry or quest markers.

She will remind you if you forget.

Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to find the dialogue wich will tell me so :/

I may have done an error in my installation. I will return tomorrow to let you know if I was doing something wrong

I hope you are able to fix it. I have a number of other mods that add dialogue trees and nothing has blocked the ones for this mod so far. The first line is "umm...Hello".

Soooo, the house was there, she was in it but the dialogue didn't start?

Aye, it's a problem.

I was considering making all the NPCs involved in this quest essential until their part is done, but I don't like blocking things that way...

I've spammed people's notification area a lot today, what's one more? I'll put the warning up front.

EDIT: I dunno, though. Maybe making them essential until the quest is done is fine. Anton is, I believe, the only NPC who is part of a major quest like that (Garvey is another, but there's no quest that specifically calls for his death). I'll see if I can figure out how to add a check to see if an NPC is dead, and if so, I'll just put a note in his room somewhere detailing where to go next.

It's a hard problem because a player could up and decide to assassinate Virane - only to find he is essential. You have the warning on the front page that should suffice (imho).

You need to talk to Herra and she will tell you where to go, there is no journal entry or quest markers.

I may have done an error in my installation. I will return tomorrow to let you know if I was doing something wrong

I had the same problem. Sometimes if you save your game, quit to main menu, then reload your save the game will then register the new mod's dialogue. In my case that didn't work, but it usually does the trick.

I have the no dialog problem as well: doing showquestaliases cocoq1 shows 8 aliases with NONE as values, also setquestalias cocoq1 fails.

That's what happened to me as well. If you're comfortable with the CK you can set those aliases to "optional" and the dialogues proceed w/out problems. Since there are no quest markers in this mod getting rid of those aliases might not be a bad idea, but I'm no expert on the subject of aliases.

I had the same problem. Sometimes if you save your game, quit to main menu, then reload your save the game will then register the new mod's dialogue. In my case that didn't work, but it usually does the trick.

I have the no dialog problem as well: doing showquestaliases cocoq1 shows 8 aliases with NONE as values, also setquestalias cocoq1 fails.

That's what happened to me as well. If you're comfortable with the CK you can set those aliases to "optional" and the dialogues proceed w/out problems. Since there are no quest markers in this mod getting rid of those aliases might not be a bad idea, but I'm no expert on the subject of aliases.

Weird... I'll look into this.

The aliases I'm using right now are actually mostly useless... actually I think that, of the 10 aliases that are in the mod, only one (for Froa) is ever actually referenced. Everything else is done with properties.

This has been a learning experience for me. The stuff I started out doing is not the stuff I finished up doing... I ended up deliberately moving away from aliases and into plain old property references.

I wonder why everything's working for me but not other people... It's working for jordisslave too, but is it only us two?

Aye, it's a problem.

It's a hard problem because a player could up and decide to assassinate Virane - only to find he is essential. You have the warning on the front page that should suffice (imho).

I'm working on a patch that fixes several bugs... right now, I can't find any way to detect if an actor is dead through dialog conditions (there appears to be no isdead or actorisdead or any equivalent), so what I've done is check the status of the db08 quest "Recipe for Disaster"... if it is advanced beyond stage 6 (where you're supposed to kill Anton), you'll get different dialog from Odar who tells you to skip Anton and go directly to Virane.

This is messed up...

I downloaded the version from here, to see if there was some problem... and I'm also not getting any dialog from anyone. The aliases show as NONE too.

So I went back to an older version on my own computer... and same problem.

I seem to have fucked something up somewhere.

I'll try to track it down...

@ Content Consumer

With all of this talk about dialogue I forgot to say what a great quest mod this is! A fun story, and the progression with Herra was really imaginative. My only complaint was placing the courier in

Shriekwind Bastion

. That was a little out of the way. :P

When I was first developing this mod, I created a save game right after starting the game (using LAL).

Whenever I would make a change to the mod, I would go back and load that save, then go to the house and play through the quest from there.

I assumed that was okay, because I hadn't started the quest (or anything) yet, and every time I would load the game and play through the quest, the changes I'd made would show fine.

Turns out, I was completely wrong... starting a new game gives me the same problem other people are having, with the quest active and everything SEEMS to be working, but Herra doesn't give any dialog.

I thought it might be because the SEQ file had to be re-generated, but that's not it either... doing so fixes nothing.

I've checked the scripts, and everything is working just fine. I've checked the properties, and though they are chaotic (I left a lot of stuff in there that is unnecessary), they're also fine.

The quest aliases both in the new game and the old one I was using for testing all show "none" but the quest works in the old save and not the new, so I'm assuming that's not the problem.

For some reason, Herra just doesn't want to talk to the player. Advancing the stage manually doesn't fix the problem either, she never wants to talk to the player.

I can still load up that old save and play through the quest, but any new game it doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

@ Content Consumer

With all of this talk about dialogue I forgot to say what a great quest mod this is! A fun story, and the progression with Herra was really imaginative. My only complaint was placing the courier in

Shriekwind Bastion

Well, I'm glad it's working for somebody. :)

I mean, it's not even working for me now! What gives?!?!?

I put the courier in

Shriekwind Bastion

because I figured that was almost a direct shot from the CD shop and Falkreath town if you were following the roads (as a good courier would probably do).

She is a little off the beaten path, though, and depending on your mods can be very hard to see (I'm using a grass mod - can't remember which - which increases grass size and thickness dramatically, and she's actually completely covered, hard to spot).

It's a happy accident that if you coc to

shriekwindbastionexterior01

you actually end up right on top of her almost.

When I was first developing this mod, I created a save game right after starting the game (using LAL).

Whenever I would make a change to the mod, I would go back and load that save, then go to the house and play through the quest from there.

I assumed that was okay, because I hadn't started the quest (or anything) yet, and every time I would load the game and play through the quest, the changes I'd made would show fine.

I can still load up that old save and play through the quest, but any new game it doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

This is what I did too...It's the Hubble Telescope Fiasco all over again!

@ Content Consumer

Shriekwind Bastion

I put the courier in

Shriekwind Bastion

because I figured that was almost a direct shot from the CD shop and Falkreath town if you were following the roads (as a good courier would probably do).

She is a little off the beaten path, though, and depending on your mods can be very hard to see (I'm using a grass mod - can't remember which - which increases grass size and thickness dramatically, and she's actually completely covered, hard to spot).

The courier in mine is not there...?

This is what I did too...It's the Hubble Telescope Fiasco all over again!

@ Content Consumer

Shriekwind Bastion

I put the courier in

Shriekwind Bastion

The courier in mine is not there...?

You mean when it's working (on an old save)? She should show up dead... how did you advance the quest past that point?

Try doing a .placeatme command. If that doesn't work, try .additem the book (you want the one that's titled "The Devious Manual Vol. 2" and not just "Devious Manual Volume 2" because one has the advance script and the other does not.

EDIT: Oh, right... Shriekwind Bastion the ancient ruin and shriekwindbastionexterior01 the cell are two different places.

I was going crazy here... and this fixed it.

Optional? Why would that matter? WTF? I mean, they're in there, but I'm not even using them (except for one)... I started out using aliases but moved to properties because they're easier to work with.

OK... next version (I'll update soon-ish) will fix the issue.

I mean, really... why would aliases break things in that particular manner?

I'm with Veladarius, I hate the fucking things now.

I was going crazy here... and this fixed it.

Optional? Why would that matter? WTF? I mean, they're in there, but I'm not even using them (except for one)... I started out using aliases but moved to properties because they're easier to work with.

OK... next version (I'll update soon-ish) will fix the issue.

I mean, really... why would aliases break things in that particular manner?

I'm with Veladarius, I hate the fucking things now.

Again, I'm not an alias expert, but "optional" just means that a quest can proceed with unfilled alias(es). This can come in handy with things like letters and courier quests where text or titles might change on the fly. (<-- Clear as mud now that I re-read it!)

*Why* the aliases aren't getting filled in in the first place, I have no idea. I only bother with aliases when I need to set quest markers. :D

Again, I'm not an alias expert, but "optional" just means that a quest can proceed with unfilled alias(es). This can come in handy with things like letters and courier quests where text or titles might change on the fly. (<-- Clear as mud now that I re-read it!)

*Why* the aliases aren't getting filled in in the first place, I have no idea. I only bother with aliases when I need to set quest markers. :D

No no, that was clear enough. :)

Why the aliases aren't getting filled is a conundrum, but what's really bothering me is why the mod worked on an old save (when the aliases were still not getting filled) but not on a new game. Oh well.

No no, that was clear enough. :)

Why the aliases aren't getting filled is a conundrum, but what's really bothering me is why the mod worked on an old save (when the aliases were still not getting filled) but not on a new game. Oh well.

Perhaps the modder known for hating aliases could shed some light on the problem? ;)

Nope, this was my problem. v2.1 fixes.

Same deal.

The cook made me want to pickpocket the butt plug from DD Cursed Loot up his ass, but it wouldn't fit because of the massive sequoia already up there.

I love your writing xD, keep up the good work!

Typo report:

In Anton Virane's dialog, he mentions Vonada. The NPC is named Voada