Need help with Children of the sky

Soldierboy0098

Hi I'm new on here and semi new to modding skyrim since my PC wasn't good enough to mod it before. Also I hope I found the right forum and am sorry if I didn't.

Everything was going fine with the racemenu installed, Immersive creatures, Apachii sky stand alone, and apachii sky 1.2 stand alone (For more styles) then I installed Children of the sky and now I am left with only 1 eye color while creating a new adult Nord male char and its from the immersive creatures pack, I am also left with only 3 options for facial hair (None or 2 options from the Riekling's) and have lost some of the options for the hair selection as well. I really love the look of the Children of the sky mod and want to find a way to keep all the options available while using it. I use NMM, Loot, and Wrye Bash.

For what its worth I did save a copy of the game before I added the children of the sky mod, and that works fine just no COTS.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Trev

Children of the Sky (CotS) is highly outdated and I'd suggest not using it.

The "successor" is Reworked Children of the Sky (RCotS), though it has been removed from here due to new policy changes that it violated. Though I'm sure you can find it via google if you look hard enough. Though like the original, it does have a lot of conflicts with vanilla assets and does cause issues still.

There is other playable children races out there though, like for instance, SkyKids is another (in my signature). Completely standalone and doesn't conflict with anything. Very well made by En_Hawk. There is also the original XVision Children, though I'm not sure where to find that version anymore (I think it was removed from their blog). There is also the newer RS Children on Nexus, that has a playable version too.

All of the above are way better alternatives to the old Children of the Sky. I'd suggest removing that and trying something better. Children of the Sky is an abandoned outdated mod, and while it was good during it's time, it will cause more problems than what it is worth now.

Children of the Sky (CotS) is highly outdated and I'd suggest not using it.

The "successor" is Reworked Children of the Sky (RCotS), though it has been removed from here due to new policy changes that it violated. Though I'm sure you can find it via google if you look hard enough. Though like the original, it does have a lot of conflicts with vanilla assets and does cause issues still.

There is other playable children races out there though, like for instance, SkyKids is another (in my signature). Completely standalone and doesn't conflict with anything. Very well made by En_Hawk. There is also the original XVision Children, though I'm not sure where to find that version anymore (I think it was removed from their blog). There is also the newer RS Children on Nexus, that has a playable version too.

All of the above are way better alternatives to the old Children of the Sky. I'd suggest removing that and trying something better. Children of the Sky is an abandoned outdated mod, and while it was good during it's time, it will cause more problems than what it is worth now.

Hi, Thanks for getting back with me I will have to look into those newer mods. I am not really looking for a playable race just trying to make the kids look realistic and different than each other. Kind of a shame because they looked great with COTS and that is the only mod that I'm having a problem with out of 175+ mods, but I want my hair back...lol. Thanks again for the advice.

Ah, well as for children replacers, then definitely check out those other mods.

RS Children has a child replacer that is great as well. Of course, SkyKids like I mentioned has a good child replacer too. I even made a more "fantasy" version for it as well myself, that is inline with something from CotS. RCotS does have a child replacer as well, but until Glouf irons out the bugs and conflicts, I'd not recommend it. Though it is closest you'll get to CotS. Then of course old school XVision Children on Nexus which is just a simple child replacer and as well, TK Children which isn't bad either (more of a doll face replacer).

Good luck in whichever you choose. Just make sure to read the requirements of each so you don't have any further issues. Though I would recommend checking out SkyKids, RS Children, or TK Children. Best child replacers out there, and don't conflict with anything at all. Completely standalone.

CoTS R2 by jiitek(only race mod i use for my characters) is working perfectly it can create most beautiful characters everything works ALL HAIR-EYES-BROWS and most UNP body types work also, but you need all files and updated files and because the mod is long dead i suggest going for skykids it's still alive.

If you want CoTS R2 you have to search or find someone to help you. But won't be me, sorry for that i quit with that.

RcoTS is also dead but archives are still on the internet you have seek very good maybe you can find.

SKY KIDS is your best chance it's still alive and supported/worked on by en-hawk..

For NPC children use http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55555/?

Does anyone know why the vanilla meshes and/or textures are just not modified?

Similar to the male and female replacers I mean. Most of the Children mods

require esp's & other files that don't replace the originals.

My Skyrim mods all consist of texture/mesh replacements, so that would be preferable.

Currently using this for Skyrim Children. - New Children

Does anyone know why the vanilla meshes and/or textures are just not modified?

Similar to the male and female replacers I mean. Most of the Children mods

require esp's & other files that don't replace the originals.

My Skyrim mods all consist of texture/mesh replacements, so that would be preferable.

Currently using this for Skyrim Children. - New Children

Because the original children in the game weren't designed to be playable. Thus, their faces are static, and not morphable (without other means, like a mod).

So in order to make them playable and customizable, they have to be changed to a new race. Thus why mods like CotS, RCotS, SkyKids, RS Children, etc etc, all use a custom race (or modified version of the child race) to change the children to. Which in turn requires an esp to run the new race mod and have the children use that new race so you can customize them.

I'd suggest if you want a very minimal child replacer, that is decent still, check out TK Children. No playable race and all that stuff, only a child replacer. And still looks much better than the vanilla kids.

CoTS R2 by jiitek(only race mod i use for my characters) is working perfectly it can create most beautiful characters everything works ALL HAIR-EYES-BROWS and most UNP body types work also, but you need all files and updated files and because the mod is long dead i suggest going for skykids it's still alive.

If you want CoTS R2 you have to search or find someone to help you. But won't be me, sorry for that i quit with that.

RcoTS is also dead but archives are still on the internet you have seek very good maybe you can find.

SKY KIDS is your best chance it's still alive and supported/worked on by en-hawk..

For NPC children use http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55555/?

Hi,

COTS R2 is what I am having problems with, from what I gather it killed my vanilla options on creating characters, I just added a beard mod and got some of those in there but am still missing a lot from Vanilla. Its conflicting somehow but it sound like I need to look into another mod to keep my options available, which I am going to do now.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the help.

Archived