{Input} An upcoming follower mod. (Updated!)

Kathonica

Aloha!

This is pretty short and simple - but without giving too many details away (who knows how well my motivation will hold up throughout a project probably too ambitious for me - but I'll try!), this is a community feedback topic for a follower I'm working on.

Update: It's (almost) aliiiiiive!

1qxKT4P.jpg

Next up on the question block: I wanted this follower to be completely standalone, but I am very tempted to require Animated Dragon Wings and Animated Dragon Tails - because I have no idea how to add armors that use HDT and scripts as standalones to a follower. I'm also not sure I could secure the permissions for them. But the bone wings and bone tail work perfectly with the Lady Death armor to create the idea that she's wearing a (tiny) dead dragon, I think.

What do you all think?

As far as skintone goes, I've decided that I'll just create an installer with different variations so you can all pick your personal favorite flavor.

Purple - but that pale-blue lip colour does not really fit to that skin (IMHO). The purple gives her both a sexy and "mysterious" look.

Anyway, you should put your request for help in bigger letters - or more to the top. After seeing those pictures one might forget to use the brain in favor of more primitive urges.

Purple - but that pale-blue lip colour does not really fit to that skin (IMHO). The purple gives her both a sexy and "mysterious" look.

Anyway, you should put your request for help in bigger letters - or more to the top. After seeing those pictures one might forget to use the brain in favor of more primitive urges.

Nice to know I'm not the only one looking that hard at details. :P I do intend to suit the makeup to the skintone, though!

And if people are getting distracted, then I'm doing my job in creating something people will want in their game~.

Edit:

If you use the realistic teeth mod you could probably figure out a way to use the vampire teeth mesh add on someone made for it.

Also, I actually looked at those! They're .tri files, so I'd have to actually make her a vampire to pull it off. I could do that, of course - I was just looking for alternative ways to go about it.

Nice to know I'm not the only one looking that hard at details. :P I do intend to suit the makeup to the skintone, though!

And if people are getting distracted, then I'm doing my job in creating something people will want in their game~.

Edit:

If you use the realistic teeth mod you could probably figure out a way to use the vampire teeth mesh add on someone made for it.

Also, I actually looked at those! They're .tri files, so I'd have to actually make her a vampire to pull it off. I could do that, of course - I was just looking for alternative ways to go about it.

Actually you should be able to do it without making her a vampire. I don't know all the steps off hand though. Expired or Blabba would be the person to ask about that.

Actually you should be able to do it without making her a vampire. I don't know all the steps off hand though. Expired or Blabba would be the person to ask about that.

The mod "Female vampires have fangs" was created by Acdale (Mister ADEC). Vanilla female vampire do'nt have fangs, therefore he created this mod to make them equal to male vampires. Maybe you can re-create something from taking apart his mod. Just an idea though.

Is this going to be fully custom voiced similar to Katreena Darkmoore? I also say red.

I wish! Alas, I've not the means to voice her myself or I would. I do intend to write a lot of custom dialogue - but getting any of it voiced may be a bit beyond my means outside asking the community to engage in a bit of charity VA.

At the moment, though, I'm still working on  the base NPC. After ten hours of work getting scrapped because I couldn't quite get something right, I decided to take a day off and try again with a different guide.

At this rate, I think I'm going to do an installer that allows you to choose a skin color amongst the options.

I wish! Alas, I've not the means to voice her myself or I would. I do intend to write a lot of custom dialogue - but getting any of it voiced may be a bit beyond my means outside asking the community to engage in a bit of charity VA.

At this rate, I think I'm going to do an installer that allows you to choose a skin color amongst the options.

Maybe you should check some of the voiced dialogues that are already in the game before trying to create something new from scratch. I believe it is the "SexLab Romance" (or "Stories") mod that allows vanilla conversations about the avatar having sex - and it is absolutely immersive. Personally, I played Skyrim for a very long time but those vanilla dialogues were totally new for me. Meaning in short: there may be everything you're looking for already in the game, burreid somewhere deep inside it.

And also, there was a "larger" debatte about the quality of female followers just some weeks ago. If you really want to make her something outstanding, you might want to think about something new. Something that is missing in other follower-mods.

From my humble point of view I find it kind of sad that there are seem to be no follower out there who uses the emote system like players would do in a MMORPG. I mean, Skyrim allowes many things (like headtracking), but gestures and small levels of facial expresssions are mssing completely. In an MMORPG players would undo this gap by writing their own emotes. You know, since your battle follower is always standing or running behind you, why not let him <emote> something. Just my 2 cents, of course.

. . .

An installer would be very cool. I'm guessing it wouldn't mean that much more work but would keep a lot of requests at bay.

Besides that, I wanted to add that she has a very lovely face; I find it very hard to create a face that looks both beautiful and realistic.

Maybe you should check some of the voiced dialogues that are already in the game before trying to create something new from scratch. I believe it is the "SexLab Romance" (or "Stories") mod that allows vanilla conversations about the avatar having sex - and it is absolutely immersive. Personally, I played Skyrim for a very long time but those vanilla dialogues were totally new for me. Meaning in short: there may be everything you're looking for already in the game, burreid somewhere deep inside it.

And also, there was a "larger" debatte about the quality of female followers just some weeks ago. If you really want to make her something outstanding, you might want to think about something new. Something that is missing in other follower-mods.

From my humble point of view I find it kind of sad that there are seem to be no follower out there who uses the emote system like players would do in a MMORPG. I mean, Skyrim allowes many things (like headtracking), but gestures and small levels of facial expresssions are mssing completely. In an MMORPG players would undo this gap by writing their own emotes. You know, since your battle follower is always standing or running behind you, why not let him <emote> something. Just my 2 cents, of course.

. . .

An installer would be very cool. I'm guessing it wouldn't mean that much more work but would keep a lot of requests at bay.

Besides that, I wanted to add that she has a very lovely face; I find it very hard to create a face that looks both beautiful and realistic.

Hah! One thing at a time, now - I'm still trying to get the basic follower to appear right in the game.

But I did, in fact, have some plans for her.

At the very most basic, I wanted her to have her own quests and personality. In my head, at least, you'd find her just dropped from the realm she came from - alone, wary, and largely defenseless. From here, I -had- considered the idea of writing out two seperate branches of storyline - one in which you're a kind and caring mentor-figure who fulfills her needs for sexual energy when she needs it (IE: She would approach you when her 'meter' was full. Uncertainly at first; more confidently later.) - and there would be a point during the developing relationship at which she'd leave your side and dissappear for a while - returning later on her own to further the story.

The other branch would see you being more selfish; using her as you wanted regardless of her wishes. This would lead to much more timid dialogue at first; evolving to more defiant dialogue before she - as with the first path - leaves for a time. Except this time when she returns, it's as a very powerful enemy.

For the most part, these are just loose thoughts and nothing solid. I don't know what's feasible and what I might be incapable of learning to make any of it work. I'm still struggling with just the basic NPC! But I do want her to, if I can manage it, eventually grow into something much more complete than simply 'follow and fuck' - ideally with lots of integration options into existing Sexlab mods, as well as as much custom dialogue as I can manage to make her more her own.

As far as emotes go, I'd actually had two thoughts on that. One was in using various animations at various points in her personal questline (IE: If she returns to you as a follower, it'd be positively adorable if she came out nowhere with a big squeezy hug); but I was also wondering if I might get away with writing text emotes into the dialogue in a way that doesn't feel forced or stale.

Edit: Also, finding some way to create an option that integrates her into SoS so you can have either a female or a shemale follower to suit your character/preferences. I suppose I could just do two variations on any necessary dialogue and let people manipulate via MCM/potions if the ywant.

Hah! One thing at a time, now - I'm still trying to get the basic follower to appear right in the game.

But I did, in fact, have some plans for her.

At the very most basic, I wanted her to have her own quests and personality. In my head, at least, you'd find her just dropped from the realm she came from - alone, wary, and largely defenseless. From here, I -had- considered the idea of writing out two seperate branches of storyline - one in which you're a kind and caring mentor-figure who fulfills her needs for sexual energy when she needs it (IE: She would approach you when her 'meter' was full. Uncertainly at first; more confidently later.) - and there would be a point during the developing relationship at which she'd leave your side and dissappear for a while - returning later on her own to further the story.

The other branch would see you being more selfish; using her as you wanted regardless of her wishes. This would lead to much more timid dialogue at first; evolving to more defiant dialogue before she - as with the first path - leaves for a time. Except this time when she returns, it's as a very powerful enemy.

For the most part, these are just loose thoughts and nothing solid. I don't know what's feasible and what I might be incapable of learning to make any of it work. I'm still struggling with just the basic NPC! But I do want her to, if I can manage it, eventually grow into something much more complete than simply 'follow and fuck' - ideally with lots of integration options into existing Sexlab mods, as well as as much custom dialogue as I can manage to make her more her own.

As far as emotes go, I'd actually had two thoughts on that. One was in using various animations at various points in her personal questline (IE: If she returns to you as a follower, it'd be positively adorable if she came out nowhere with a big squeezy hug); but I was also wondering if I might get away with writing text emotes into the dialogue in a way that doesn't feel forced or stale.

Edit: Also, finding some way to create an option that integrates her into SoS so you can have either a female or a shemale follower to suit your character/preferences. I suppose I could just do two variations on any necessary dialogue and let people manipulate via MCM/potions if the ywant.

Thanks for your reply :)

After having checked which mod actually adds the vanilla voiced sex-related conversations I must correct myself: if you take a look at this mod you'll see that the content is re-created from existing dialogues, and not what I was implying. I have no idea how much effort it took to create those re-created dialogues but the author did a great job with it. I mean, if you know what normally happens, and you get those new options.. it's both very funny and very well implemented.

@reputation system: since there already is a mod that lets people dislike you / the avatar if you try to seduce them (and fail) there might also be a way to achieve what you planed for that sweet dame of yours (+ rep if you do what she wants, - rep for the rest). Maybe, if you want her to be more self-confident or even dominant she also gives you a bad rep if you don't please her the way she wants... if that is possible. It would let her become something new on the market (but maybe too special, so less people like it).

@She-male subject: I believe that many people are happy with the "equipable schlong"; plus isn't there a SexLab plugin for Gender-change? Don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to share some ideas for possible inspirations here. Not my personal preferences.

@wings / tails / further HDT stuff: you might get a bigger audience if you make all those options "recommended", not "required". I'm guessing again, but wouldn't it mean much more work for you to keep your mod up to date when all required mods are constantly changing?

@kissing / hugging: you probably know the animations (already included in Sexlab) that let's the lovers kiss each other. I never tested all the poses out there but besides the above mentioned animations I never saw something like a "bear hug" in the game. I'm guessing most modders don't find the time for these animations because not enough people ask for it. I agree, the idea would be nice to have, though.

• 1 month later...

Archived