Fallout NV Securitron 9mm SMG request

SolomonGrumpy

So, small ( or at least I imagine it's small, I'm clueless when it comes to modding and I don't know how easy or hard it would be to do this ) request - We all know the little 9mm SMG all the Securitrons have, yeah? Well, here's the thing, it shows up as invisible on your character, and since I'm using an Exo-Arm implant thingy, in third person, it looks like the character is using their fancy metal arm monstrosity to shoot, which as you can imagine, looks pretty cool.
Now here's the issue - The SMG isn't useable by the player. I can equip it, but it won't recognize that I have ammo for it.

So, what I'm asking, is there anyone who could make that weapon usable? Still invisible, but have it count as a regular 9mm so I may use it?
OR, would someone at least be able to make a regular 9/10mm smg invisible? 
If no one wants to bother with this, that's fine, just thought I'd ask. 

EDIT - I did a thing! Removed the textures from GRA's 12.7mm SMG and made it player only as well as having it act as a one handed weapon. Works perfectly. So I'm not entirely useless, even though that was incredibly easy to do.
So, yeah, I'm still useless.
But I definitely did a thing.

Of course, now that I think of it, just making the 9 or 10mm smgs invisible would result in everyone who uses those weapons holding an invisible gun.
Gah, I'll be trying to make a completely new SMG that just shares the stats of a 10mm without a model or texture, I'm bad at this. I'd seriously appreciate someone who actually knows what they're doing trying this. I'll probably just break something.

Open the SMG you want to base it on in GECK then edit it's ID name, then when you try and save/close, it should ask if you want to create a new item, say yes.

The robot SMG's use a custom ammo called robot9mm or something like that, it is in effect infinite ammo, either add that to your character or change it to use the same ammo as a 9mm SMG does in GECK.

Archived