RaceMenu Overlay for Body Scars?

NNS10

What i did was using the Transparent Maps of Skintextures http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28386-skintextures/ and turn them into a Pack for Slavetats http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/

That way i can apply them ingame through the MCM-Menu. Since i can change the transparency of the Overlays in Racemenu, i can then alter the visibility of the Scars/Scratches, making them look more fresh or healed over.

In theory you could turn the map from f.e. BI Phenotypes into a Slavetats-Pack as well but since those maps are not transparent it would look really weird (seams, other overlays not visible and so on)

None that I'm aware of  BI Phenotypes has really great scars, but you'd need some custom PC mod for them to apply only to you. The Author of RaceMenu Overlays Compilation tried incorporating scars but wasn't able to make it work properly. Shame. Would've been epic. 

I checked the sticky the author had for RaceMenuOverlaysComparision and saw he mentioned he uses Dragonborn Body  to manage player character textures. The mod page for that does a pretty poor job of explaining what the mod does and how it works. Is that actually a good choice?

I've found three such mods:

Dragonborn Body

Isharas Custom Player Body

Unique Character - Player Races

Unique Character - Player Races has the most endorsements, but the description page is pretty difficult to understand, and it's not clearly exactly which of the two versions of the mod should be used (Unique Character, which is older, or Unique Player Races).

UC - PR has the most endorsements, but it's also the oldest mod, so the endorsements definitely are not a good measure of quality.

Is anyone familiar with these mods? Which is the most stable and simple to use? All I really care about is the custom player textures.

None that I'm aware of  BI Phenotypes has really great scars, but you'd need some custom PC mod for them to apply only to you. The Author of RaceMenu Overlays Compilation tried incorporating scars but wasn't able to make it work properly. Shame. Would've been epic. 

I checked the sticky the author had for RaceMenuOverlaysComparision and saw he mentioned he uses Dragonborn Body  to manage player character textures. The mod page for that does a pretty poor job of explaining what the mod does and how it works. Is that actually a good choice?

I've found three such mods:

Dragonborn Body

Isharas Custom Player Body

Unique Character - Player Races

Unique Character - Player Races has the most endorsements, but the description page is pretty difficult to understand, and it's not clearly exactly which of the two versions of the mod should be used (Unique Character, which is older, or Unique Player Races).

UC - PR has the most endorsements, but it's also the oldest mod, so the endorsements definitely are not a good measure of quality.

Is anyone familiar with these mods? Which is the most stable and simple to use? All I really care about is the custom player textures.

Pretty Sure Custom Races is what most people use. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8720/?

But essentially all of them do pretty much the same, assing a custom path to new Mesh&Texture-Folders for your PC. I never used anything but Custom Races but it's pretty simple really when you know what you do. 

Pretty Sure Custom Races is what most people use. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8720/?

But essentially all of them do pretty much the same, assing a custom path to new Mesh&Texture-Folders for your PC. I never used anything but Custom Races but it's pretty simple really when you know what you do. 

I'm not looking for custom races as I don't want to make a custom race for every vanilla race. So I'm only looking at player-only body mods.

I'm not looking for custom races as I don't want to make a custom race for every vanilla race. So I'm only looking at player-only body mods.

Yeah, i was suggesting Custom Races because it does exactly the same as Isharas, except it already includes all folders and meshes/textures, ready to go after installation. I usually suggest things that are "Idiot-proof" :D (no offense)

Yeah, i was suggesting Custom Races because it does exactly the same as Isharas, except it already includes all folders and meshes/textures, ready to go after installation. I usually suggest things that are "Idiot-proof" :D (no offense)

Except it's a custom race, and custom races sometimes have compatibility issues with mods.

It's intensely upsetting to me that this is not a thing yet. This was literally the first thing I thought about when I heard about body overlays, but it seems due to the technical limitations, all anyone's made are either shitty body tattoos or shitty tan lines. :\

The overlay thing supports any kind of texture (diffuse, normal, specular, etc).

So I think it's a matter of making the textures in the right way (using the alpha channel etc).

BI Phenotypes could be used, but all non-scar parts have to be removed from the textures. I think this might be the problem.

The overlay thing supports any kind of texture (diffuse, normal, specular, etc).

So I think it's a matter of making the textures in the right way (using the alpha channel etc).

BI Phenotypes could be used, but all non-scar parts have to be removed from the textures. I think this might be the problem.

Removing non-scar parts shouldn't be an issue. If you blend your own textures in GIMP/Photoshop, you're going to have to do something similar.

Either way, I took the effort to learn to do it myself, and I think I would prefer doing it manually than using RaceMenu overlay. Doing it manually gives a lot more flexibility and customizability; I believe RaceMenu is limited in the number of overlay layers because it causes slowdowns.

Archived