animation help for sexout

bp70

Aye that's what I do when I say "I try to import an animation attached to a skeleton", I didn't use the same settings as yours tho where "realign bone tail + roll" is. I will try with your settings, thanks.

EDIT : No, that wasn't the problem. It comes from Amra's Animations. I tried with a sexout anim and it worked correctly.

AMRA animations is using constrains these types of animations cannot be imported back into blender. Once you use bake constrains in blender forget about ever being able to import it again.

oh wait maybe it something else what animation are you trying to import ?? try the one without facials and that should be able to import but not a very good chance. he has manually edit his animation get facials added. so these are preventing blender import scripts to work right.

I'm interested in that issue too, because I saw that in the past and I never solved. I couldn't import some animations, mainly it came from movement animgroups, they had not facial animations. I thought it was because of the BSpline instead of the common float interpolators, but it wasn't the cause. The ones I can't import usually are made with 3ds

you need to remove the part of facials not sure witch once they are but there are plenty you need to check the tutorial part on adding facials and do it the apposite way instead of adding removing the parts that where added in. Can't help you with that since i never really like the method of adding facials was just too much work.

the body shouldn't cause an issue like that. the body is only a mesh, you parent it on the skeleton just to tweak your animation better, but it's the skeleton which is moving, not the mesh. If you are SURE you removed the body bones and you are SURE you parented a new skeleton.nif, then... I really don't know. It makes no sense. But... if the first time you did it, you had no body, and it worked, ok? so, what if you now remove the body before exporting the animation? (I guess you still will have the issue...)

Yeah, the issue's still there.

Is there perhaps a set of blender files with animations and models with skeletons already that I can download and edit on this site? maybe I can work something out if the bodies and skeletons have already been preimported.

Check the link in my signature i already built full rig to work on animations for fallout., exporting should be a breeze because all you do is use bake constrains then export from the newly created armature and your set.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24099-new-vegas-malefemale-and-creature-rig-no-longer-supported/

you need to check the size of animation. The bigger the size the longer it will take for the scripts to properly import in blender. And sometimes it will just simply through out an error. In that case either try again or forget that animation. Maybe it was made with 3dmax in that case it will not work because 3dmax scripts uses different technique to import and export witch does not like to work with blender scripts. 3Dmax was always experimental scripts blender wasn't.

Also it seem under skyrim how many animators complained that once exported in 3dmax itself 3dmax is not able to import that same animation again. Witch makes me believe there is something wrong with 3dmax scripts.

Try stretching out the animation to at least 10-15 frames; I realise you want to make a static animation but since animation is set to loop it will remain static anyway.

Unlikely to be the cause but you might want to copy over the BoneEx Mat file from an unedited skeleton just to be sure. This problem only occurs when you make animation for different species but its worth a shot.

If and when you solve the problem, consider using portable Blender. Its less of a hassle to install and you can still use custom scripts if you ever need to. And dont fret, I have seen this problem occur in otherwise seemingly perfect animation. Sometimes its a bone not liking the way it was manipulated or just some quirk with Blender. Much of this isnt an exact science and stuff like this is bound to happen. Worse case scenario: You start from scratch and figure it out gain step by step.