animation help for sexout

bp70

So i started trying to animate Fallout New new vegas, and have run in to a few animation problems, mostly that the animations are completely broken in game. I've followed a series of tutorials on this thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17279-so-you-want-to-make-animations-the-pose-animation-blender-and-nifskope-tutorial-compendium/

what essentially I've done is ive tried to take one of Amra's sex animation resources (found here: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/499-wip-sexoutng-new-animations/ ) and make a new animation from it, in this case, a handjob where the male lays on the floor while getting jacked off by a female partner. I tried working on the male lying down, but every time i immport it into Vegas for testing, it ends up completely broken and uncreognizable even though I use the same skeleton in both programs. Ive included a few pictures to show you how it looks in blender, what my import and .kf file setting are, and how it looks in game.

please, if anyone can help, i would really be grateful!

post-5460-0-86272200-1410407824_thumb.jpg

post-5460-0-68740300-1410407879_thumb.jpg

post-5460-0-03874200-1410407891_thumb.jpg

post-5460-0-90283300-1410407907_thumb.jpg

I had this problem sometimes, but very rare. If I remember correctly, it was happening to me when the last frame of an animation was in the middle of an interpolation and not on a keyframe. I would say, first of all check the start / stop / loop time in the Textdatas via nifskope, see if they are correct. Also in Blender be sure that the last frame of a loop is the same of the starting frame

I had this problem sometimes, but very rare. If I remember correctly, it was happening to me when the last frame of an animation was in the middle of an interpolation and not on a keyframe. I would say, first of all check the start / stop / loop time in the Textdatas via nifskope, see if they are correct. Also in Blender be sure that the last frame of a loop is the same of the starting frame

Well the thing is this is simply a one frame animation at the moment; If anything, its just a pose right now

It's not something ingame. That "broken pose" is how the pose appears in Blender too, if imported on a default skeleton.

I assumed you animated an imported skeleton.nif, since the bones hyerarchy is not flat. Concerning the bones name, I say you used Astymma compatibility skeleton, but could it be that you modified the skeleton itself instead of doing an animation in Pose mode? The fact the body appears completely broken means that the bones have a wrong relative position compared to the default skeleton.

post-165499-0-97385800-1410647655_thumb.jpg

It's not something ingame. That "broken pose" is how the pose appears in Blender too, if imported on a default skeleton.

I assumed you animated an imported skeleton.nif, since the bones hyerarchy is not flat. Concerning the bones name, I say you used Astymma compatibility skeleton, but could it be that you modified the skeleton itself instead of doing an animation in Pose mode? The fact the body appears completely broken means that the bones have a wrong relative position compared to the default skeleton.

I might be mis understanding you, but if i remember correctly, i was using Astymma's compatibility skeleton for both blender and new vegas. IN fact, whenever i imported a skeleton to work on, I made sure it was Astymmas skelton and that i used the same skeleton for the game so as to prevent differences in animation. (or at least tryy to make them lineup). Also i made sure to make edits to the animation only while in the pose mode, not the object mode. However, you did point out an interesting thing, in that the animation appeared wrong whenever i viewed it in game as well as when I tryied to reimport it again into blender, and it did look something like what you have in the picture.

I'm a bit confused by what you mean when you say the bones have a wrong relative position compared to the default skeleton, and the stuff about the bones hierarchy.

I never had an issue like that when working with animations, I had it while creating custom skeletons :) I tried to reproduce your issue on a new file but I didn't manage.

So I imported a new skeleton.nif inside your scene, I rotated it and overlapped to yours: the bones had different locations / rotations, and that's what I don't get. There could be some not-so-correct step when you pose the body, so, since it's a simple pose, here's my suggestion, it takes 5 minutes. Do a new file and import a new skeleton.nif, you could even not import the body mesh. Rotate the NonAccuum a couple of times, just to lay down the body, forget fingers/penis/everything, maybe just make few rotations to arms and legs just to remove the T-position, just to see it's a man laying on the ground. Then, export and try it ingame, see what happens, if it lays as you expect. After that, add more "details" to your pose and re-export, see if you narrow down the exact moment when the issue is created.

Don't know anything about the import/export scripts. Im using Blender 2.49 as well. Also the skeleton thing is weird, because it looks like one thing in blender when I first work on it than another when I import it again into blender or into the game.

Did you do the simple try I suggested you?

If you did and you always have the same issue (re-importing, the animation is distorted), check the installation and the version of the programs you installed, I think D_Manxx2 means the version of NifScripts you are using.

"...another when I import it again..." >>> I think the culprit is when you import it the first time, because I exported using your file and I had this issue, means it was already there.

Also, would you have a link of the tutorial you are following in doing your first animation?

Don't know anything about the import/export scripts. Im using Blender 2.49 as well. Also the skeleton thing is weird, because it looks like one thing in blender when I first work on it than another when I import it again into blender or into the game.

After checking your file something is wrong with your import script probably also export scripts. try downloading blender portable so you won't have to worry about installing python or such other programs.

Also when i pointed your scripts where not working after checking the txt keys in blender Fullnames and BoneExMat was incomplete because of this. This is important or else nothing will export right from your blend file.

FONVLayOnBackFixed.7z

dont' think it's export script, I had the source blend and I had the same issue after exporting. What sounds strange is he probably imported and existing animation, or textdatas wouldn't have these times (wrong stop time, it also has loop, I don't think he created them manually, they more seem they were already there)

Bip01NonAccuum is the bone you use to make the character look in a direction, height etc.. Bip01 is the root bone witch you can use to move the entire armature around. does not effect height or rotation that is what NonAccuum is for. even if you rotate bip01 around and did not touch NonAccuum then the character is still bascly looking in the same direction.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, sorry for the long delayed reply (life was keeping me), but I finally got around to testing this plan, and it worked up until I imported the body into Blender. First, I simply tried to make and alter an animation without the body, and it imported into the game perfectly fine without anything messing up. However, after I added in the bodies into Blender to use as a reference, the animations then decided to fuck up even after I had deleted the bones imported in with the bodies. why is this happening? It was fine until the bodies were added and the resulting animation (which I had not changed afterwards) decided to screw up.

the body shouldn't cause an issue like that. the body is only a mesh, you parent it on the skeleton just to tweak your animation better, but it's the skeleton which is moving, not the mesh. If you are SURE you removed the body bones and you are SURE you parented a new skeleton.nif, then... I really don't know. It makes no sense. But... if the first time you did it, you had no body, and it worked, ok? so, what if you now remove the body before exporting the animation? (I guess you still will have the issue...)

the body shouldn't cause an issue like that. the body is only a mesh, you parent it on the skeleton just to tweak your animation better, but it's the skeleton which is moving, not the mesh. If you are SURE you removed the body bones and you are SURE you parented a new skeleton.nif, then... I really don't know. It makes no sense. But... if the first time you did it, you had no body, and it worked, ok? so, what if you now remove the body before exporting the animation? (I guess you still will have the issue...)

Yeah, the issue's still there.

Is there perhaps a set of blender files with animations and models with skeletons already that I can download and edit on this site? maybe I can work something out if the bodies and skeletons have already been preimported.

Hi,

I'm trying to animate for FNV, with blender 2.49b, but I think I don't have the right versions of the different tools. I've followed a guide for oblivion and when I try to import an animation attached to a skeleton I get a message like this : not supported oblivion kf format.

I'm using :

- python 2.6.5

- pyFFI 2.1.5

- nifskope 1.0.22

- blender nif scripts 2.5.5

Can anyone please tell me which versions are working for FNV ? Thanks.

try to check your settings when exporting maybe you try to import 2 skeleton at once. the other overriding the other.

Maybe try to check you import settings first because there is the real problem:

SC:

post-160974-0-47151400-1413377766_thumb.jpg

Clip:

NewBlenderExport.7z

I'm trying to animate for FNV, with blender 2.49b, but I think I don't have the right versions of the different tools. I've followed a guide for oblivion and when I try to import an animation attached to a skeleton I get a message like this : not supported oblivion kf format.

If you followed tutorial then either you don't understand the concept or the tutorial is not very clear. you cannot import an animation directly into blender you need to first select the a skeleton and from the menu to import you select the animation to attach to the skeleton.

Check this screen:

post-160974-0-29936900-1413382271_thumb.jpg

Click on import animation and select what keyframe to attach the skeleton from the animation file you wanted to import and click ok to finalize the import procedure.