[W.I.P/IDEA] Player and family captured by bandits

Why not just modify the hostage quest included with Hearthfire DLC?

Is that one really good?

I might consider buyinh Hearthfire and testing this if more people have the same opinion.

I second that. I think a lot of people will be turned off by having an artificial family imposed on them. Hearthfire lets you choose the wife, children and house steward so any invasion situation you plan on building will involve the actual family.

I just realized that's not a hearthfire quest though hearthfire would add more potential housemates. Kids, a bard, a steward, and a carriage driver could all be involved. That's not counting creatures either.

One of the biggest gripes with the bandit kidnapping quest is that it's rare. I would add an event to start it vs random chance. If you're ambitious I'd do a Liam Neeson-worthy plot that may or may not end badly. The other huge thing is to tie it to more bandit leaders and tie that together once you get the first one working of course.

The falkreath home is right next door to a large bandit hideout...just saying

To begin with, I suck at all this and I do not have much time atm.

Basically I've played around with a few components and nothing really works. I officially drop the work on this idea and it is up for grabs by anyone that wants to try it.

Some very good ideas, from among others Puupsfred.

A few comments from myself, but fairly irrelevant since I am quitting:

- The thing involving Hearthfire is that

(1) I am not sure how many people actually have it, compared to those with plain Skyrim

(2) Having non-static NPCs (chosen by the player) as actors can only make the questing/dialogs/scripting even harder (and I can hardly make a simple quest work)

(3) I have not yet bought Hearthfire

(4) I imagined it being your parents and your siblings, not your wife, children and your steward.

- I assume one can build on the Bandit Kidnapping quest but simply add a spell or trigger of some sort that will auto-start that quest, even as feeble as I am.. I am decently sure I can start an existing quest by scripting. That way there is no need to wait for it to randomly happen.

- More and more I wanted to do a SFW version and let various other mods do the nasty stuff, but I do not think that is what people want.

• 2 months later...

Why not just modify the hostage quest included with Hearthfire DLC?

Is that one really good?

I might consider buyinh Hearthfire and testing this if more people have the same opinion.

I second that. I think a lot of people will be turned off by having an artificial family imposed on them. Hearthfire lets you choose the wife, children and house steward so any invasion situation you plan on building will involve the actual family.

I just realized that's not a hearthfire quest though hearthfire would add more potential housemates. Kids, a bard, a steward, and a carriage driver could all be involved. That's not counting creatures either.

One of the biggest gripes with the bandit kidnapping quest is that it's rare. I would add an event to start it vs random chance. If you're ambitious I'd do a Liam Neeson-worthy plot that may or may not end badly. The other huge thing is to tie it to more bandit leaders and tie that together once you get the first one working of course.

The falkreath home is right next door to a large bandit hideout...just saying

so why not have it as a renege thing  the bandit leader you had to kill for the house quest was 1 part of the bandit gang sort of like mafia games have don then capo the bandit leader you had to kill was a capo the don gets pissed off and kidnaps the family because you killed there capo

you could use deviuse devices with a diffrent texture pack if you wanted to make a public humiliation thing where the player had to go around towns showing off the devices