Xarathos' Armor Workshop - Mass Effect Cosplay for UUNP Bodyslide

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff honestly, not sure yet. Chastity bras have always been weird, and I need to reweight them to match UUNP still - that might be the problem, or... not sure, really.

At some point I'm going to work through those and do a revised update but it's really just. Hard to say with that set sometimes.

Conversion for that other Black Rose armor maybe? 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66967/?

66967-7-1434510106.jpg

Damn... that does look hot.

I have my eye on this one. No promises. But I have my eye on it.

Try THIS (Merta Black Rose UUNP BodySlide)

I'm not sure how far I got with it, but I have a follower wearing it so it's at least functional. :)

You'll still need the original first.

I haven't even posted this on MY thread yet.... heheheh

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff honestly, not sure yet. Chastity bras have always been weird, and I need to reweight them to match UUNP still - that might be the problem, or... not sure, really.

At some point I'm going to work through those and do a revised update but it's really just. Hard to say with that set sometimes.

Conversion for that other Black Rose armor maybe? 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66967/?

66967-7-1434510106.jpg

Damn... that does look hot.

I have my eye on this one. No promises. But I have my eye on it.

Try THIS (Merta Black Rose UUNP BodySlide)

I'm not sure how far I got with it, but I have a follower wearing it so it's at least functional. :)

You'll still need the original first.

I haven't even posted this on MY thread yet.... heheheh

There's a Merta Black Rose UUNP conversion by t3l0th3r and me on the official mod page already.

Black Rose UUNP BodySlide HERE

This is the Black Rose from here in Xarathos' armor workshop. 

...as opposed to the MERTA Black Rose that cell and t30th3r have done and which is on the official mod page as mentioned above.

OH! And I only did the torso. I did not do the boots and gloves because when I loaded those into Outfit Studio, they showed up as teeny tiny boots and gloves... like the boots were so small I thought they were specs until I zoomed in and they were below the bottom of the ankles and closer together. As though they were scaled incorrectly. The gloves were teeny tiny specs and were showing below the ankles. So I didn't do the boots and gloves, yet they show up fine in game. I don't have enough experience at this to even GUESS why or how they did that let alone how or why they work properly in-game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Okay guys. Sorry. Been ages but I'm finally looking to get back into Skyrim.

And I've decided to revisit the UUNP-Bodyslide question. Turns out, it's not that difficult to convert at least SOME of what I've already done straight to UUNP with only a few steps, and I've started the first one.

Part of this is because it's way easier to justify supporting my custom preset this way and part of it is that I've actually managed to convince myself that it's possible to do quality work this way. SO. To that end. Here's a quick teaser:

post-233165-0-56196500-1443833977_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-91060000-1443833985_thumb.jpg

These were exported from Bodyslide using my preset file - I used 3DS Max to handle the weight painting because even a basic COPY is easier to do there without messing up. There's a bit more work to do before I'm ready for a release (gloves, boots, etc) so don't get TOO excited yet, but it's happening.

The other thing to note is that when I'm ready to upload the bodyslide ready version of Arkham Cosplay (which is still just catwoman for now) I'll be removing the HDT High Heels requirement in favor of a new method - the latest version of Racemenu/NIOverride has a method to do high heels with nothing more than a bit of string data built into the NIF files, and it works faster with (seemingly) less overhead.

So I guess that's two bits of news - actual bodyslides, and the heels thing.

HOPEFULLY I'll be able to have everything set up, cleaned, and packed for upload by next week, and then I'll start looking into either new pieces (and scrolling back through the thread to see what ideas I may have missed while I was wandering Pandora) or updating old ones. As ever, I promise nothing, but I'll give it a good shot.

Hey, welcome back Xarathos! Good to know you're still alive and well, though I'm not sure you missed a great deal. I myself have been playing other stuff, but Skyrim has never been kicked off my rig- with all the great mods I've got running in it it's there for life (at least the life of the SSD lol) - so I'll watch out for progress reports. Mostly though its just good to know you're ok! Good luck with your latest work anyway.

I suppose I got a bit burned out after the last time my hardware choked on a mod config - between that and the migration to Windows 10 I just haven't been up to rebuilding until recently. Borderlands was easier but it lacked the creative outlet, soooooooooo

now that I'm less attached to my setup as-it-was and can start worrying about what it will be, I can move forward. Part of that's going to be swapping to a more mod-friendly overhaul - I can sing the praises of Perkus Maximus for days on end but none of that means a thing when you're trying to decide if it's worth running your patcher on the entire load order AGAIN just to install ONE new armor piece.

I lost a few of my mod compilations/merged plugins somehow but luckily my character presets all survive and I still have everything they're built on. Wooooo so now I'm basically piecing bits of load order together while I work on the mods, wait for Frostfall 3.0 to arrive, and then get serious about playing.

I gotta say though, making the jump from an older conversion to proper UUNP/bodyslide capability is, on the surface at least, absurdly easy. Getting the shape right and the sliders working took about ten minutes, and then fixing the weight painting in 3DS Max took more like 15. Partly because bringing out the big gun takes time (and apparently UUNP has also been reweighted since I used it last).

I'm cautiously hopeful about this process, anyway.

EDIT:

Okay to update shortly on progress of the above project. Since I last posted, I've completed bodyslide files for Catwoman's boots - though I'm going to need to put a disclaimer in the readme that bodyslide completely borks the normals on the boots and you have to fix them in Nifskope after exporting.

As a bonus tease of a side effort: 

post-233165-0-01086700-1443844825_thumb.jpg

I'm going to do a UUNP-slider version of this as well. Going to take some more tweaking before it's close to ready though so this one is a bit further out (as you can see from the neck).

Uploading the Catwoman convert for UUNP BODYSLIDE YES THE REAL THING NO CONFUSION THIS TIME as "Arkham Cosplay 1.2."

updating photo section for that part of my front page...

post-233165-0-42366600-1443848398_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-83837700-1443848399_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-73628800-1443848400_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-04951800-1443848402_thumb.jpg

And uploaded. "Maybe next week," I said. Pffff. Well, call it a present for the weekend. ;)

Oh, man.

So it turns out, out of BLIND LUCK, I discovered that I've been approaching the shiny catsuit convert COMPLETELY WRONG

See for some reason every other time I've imported it into either bodyslide or anywhere else, it's been totally the wrong size related to any body I've been trying to convert to. Because apparently the author shipped it with a skin transform or something

This time it just kind of magically worked. Followed these steps if anyone is interested:

1. in 3ds Max, import the XPMSE skeleton (or whatever the right one is), then hide it
  2. import the catsuit mesh
  3. THEN import the base UUNP body
  4. bam. everything is lined up. WHaaaaaaaat

since I need to reweight the thing anyway I just collapsed the transform and reskinwrapped it, then tweaked the breast area so the nips don't poke through and wham-bam-thankyouma'am. 

Looks great and welcome back!

Thank you kindly :D

Haha yeah thats pretty swift work buddy, well done! 

As daunting as it first seems actually reinstalling skyrim can be kinda liberating can't it? Hand picking the best mods out there and having a game that runs smoothly again is good! 

It really, really is.

Alright, so apparently 1. I need to include the head in my weight copy operation this time (because that's the reason the shiny catsuit clips at the neck)

and 2. I do NOT recommend using the transparent shiny catsuits if you have any kind of body overlays. If I was redoing the ESP I'd be sorely tempted to ditch them entirely, and unless there's enough demand to keep them I still might, IDK.

The way the alpha layers are interacting is driving me crazy - Anna has a number of body tats and they just DISAPPEAR if you stick transparent layers over them half the time. If somebody knows some kind of graphical setting that'll fix that that'd be great but meantime I'm just gonna kind of /FLAILS WILDLY

I'll just mark 'em 'as is' in the readme when it's ready... 

Speaking of the ESP: would people be interested in a combined ESP that includes the ballet shoes/accessories since I'm planning to convert them to the Racemenu height scaling over HDTHeels anyway? (making the latest Racemenu a soft dependency since almost everyone should be using it by now anyway, rather than a hard dependency on HDT High Heels)

And I guess additional straw poll, how many people actually care enough about the transparent suits for me to worry about the quality issues? I've got the process down effectively enough that the shapes are identical, it's just the alpha thing.

There are asome fixes for this kinda thing... I'm no modeller so I can't explain it to you, but there are mods on the nexus that correct your eyes disappearing under a scattered hair fringe for example- that's a similar alpha issue I believe? Maybe load up a pair of glasses in 3dsmax and see how they're set up... I think warpaint shows through them, wouldn't that also be the same thing?

Of course in answer to your poll I'm an ECE user, so I'd rather have transparent suits than not as I have no tattoo layer anyway haha... but then it seems I might have to change myself if your new work doesn't use HDT heels

siframe: this is the feature I'm using. Quoted from the racemenu nexus page: 

Equippable Transforms

What are Equippable Transforms? They are essentially additional data that can be attached onto Armor that will apply an NiTransform internally to the skeleton. What would you use this for? Replacing High Heels of course! The transform is also done natively so it's near instant application.

How do you use it? Simple, add an NiStringExtraData named "SDTA" without quotes (Skeleton Data) to your NiTriShape or NiTriStrips of the armor you want to apply it to (You may need to apply to both _0 and _1)

The "String Data" will be a JSON formatted string, here is a sample:
[
{"name":"NPC L Breast","scale":2.0,"pos":[0,0,0],"rot":[0,0,0]},
{"name":"NPC R Breast","scale":2.0,"pos":[0,0,0],"rot":[0,0,0]}
]
The "name" field is the name of the node you are transforming
The "pos" field is a relative translation of the node you are transforming
The "rot" field is a rotation in degress in euler angles (heading, attitude, bank)

Here is a sample for replacing High Heels
[{"name":"NPC","pos":[0, 0, 5.0]}]
You may need to tweak the units as I just eyeballed it for the particular boots I was using.

This runs off the existing Transform framework that NiOverride provides, so any modifications to particular nodes will stack with these, you can only have one internal equipped node transform (i.e. two pieces of armor cant modify the same node, overwriting will happen and the behavior will most likely be last written or undefined).

The new Arkham Cosplay was the first of my pieces to use this because it means I don't have to attach a script to the items anymore - it all happens in the background once the mesh is setup, and if you don't have the prereqs all that'll happen is ... nothing. No crashes, no choking, nothing.

Strictly speaking it's an NiOverride feature, so I think it may also work if you've got the standalone NiOverride, but I'm not sure. Overall though, I'd recommend switching unless there's something specific ECE still does that Racemenu can't (and as someone who's switched awhile back I can't think of anything... especially not now that Racemenu lets you do manual headsculpting in game).

If NiOverride can be run in the background with ECE and that does the job, though, you could try that with the catwoman boots and let me know if it works? I don't have a way to test it here unfortunately but it may be worth a try if you wanna avoid switching over.

I think the dye framework I was using awhile back also depended on NiOverride functionality.

I'll keep the transparent suits in since you prefer they stay :)

here's a screencap from NifSkope

post-233165-0-35308300-1443898434_thumb.jpg

I THINK I finally have the weights right on the core piece of the catsuit and the baseshape should be ready to work from now. Next it's time to rebuild the bodyslide files again.

Oops, ran out of rep points for the day! Yeah I'll try that out and see what happens buddy, thanks! Sounds like it might be time to give racemenu ANOTHER try though too. My issue with it was always that you couldn't fine tune the face in the same way with it as you could with ECE, but it's been catching up to those features steadily, maybe now is a good time to look again if there's going to be a new generation of your mods emerging. 

Well I'm not giving up on the transparent suits YET but this is driving me a bit insane.

This is what they're supposed to look like - they look correct in NifSkope.

post-233165-0-94699300-1443902283_thumb.jpg

And this is what it looks like in game right now.

post-233165-0-76770200-1443902448_thumb.jpg

Not sure yet if it's a problem with the texture or the alpha settings or what the heck is up with this but I'll keep poking.

Base shape also appears to need a bit more room in the neck, which I'll work on after I either iron this question out or give up.

EDIT: texture issue. The original author included a PSD so I'm expanding the alpha channel to fix the problem and redoing the textures. Scratch that, still confused.

Hey, welcome back.

now that I'm less attached to my setup as-it-was and can start worrying about what it will be, I can move forward. Part of that's going to be swapping to a more mod-friendly overhaul - I can sing the praises of Perkus Maximus for days on end but none of that means a thing when you're trying to decide if it's worth running your patcher on the entire load order AGAIN just to install ONE new armor piece.

I went through the same sort of thing. I later came to the conclusion that I didn't want to play with any of them, my game is basically vanilla now with visual upgrades, cosmetics, AI tweaks, ENB. I'm enjoying it more.

Alright

I'm just gonna kind of stop worrying about getting the transparent suits to 'behave' for now in keeping with my original intent to offer them sort of 'as is' because I really just can't wrangle them

but I've fixed the neck.

And also taken some more sample shots.

post-233165-0-89235200-1443932306_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-51838000-1443932308_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-97868000-1443932309_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-51646300-1443932311_thumb.jpg

Progress, woo.

Completed bodyslide info for the gloves, 'socks,' and the 'long gloves' so far, along with the main catsuit.

The only pieces remaining in the set are:

- gas mask (does not need editing apart from some checks to the mesh/esp to ensure it doesn't have any slot issues; when I tested it in my game it would not equip for reasons unknown)

- 'simple boots' (may need bodyslide data but are probably fine as is)

- 'ballet boots' (bodyslide data complete + weightslider)

- and the 'inflated leotard' which I'm not sure what to do with yet. finished - will be provided 'as is' with basic weightslider support

Also need to add weightslider support to anything relevant from the above, remove HDT Heels dependency as I transition the pack to racemenu, and merge the separate 'ballet boots' plugin into the main file.

UPDATE

post-233165-0-32270600-1444080246_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-26163300-1444080248_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-25652900-1444080249_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-26820800-1444080250_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-30318300-1444080251_thumb.jpg

So apparently the reason the transparent outfit was looking wrong was because I was looking at it through smoke next to a fire. DUMB. DUMB DUMB DUMB.

My tweaked version of the alpha map now makes it look consistent with the NifSkope renderer under normal lighting conditions. I'll be expanding that tweak to the other versions of the body texture before I upload, and including both the original and my minorly tweaked version of the included PSD, which should let anyone who wants to create new color combinations as needed (tbh I'd recommend darkening up the reds and blues used for most ENBs, but that's just me)

Gloves use pretty much their original weight painting, which was fine. The socks were reweighted to the UUNP feet. Gasmasks now work at least on my system and the original author included beast meshes for them, soooooo they might work for argonians+etc still.

Anyway, I should be ready to upload before today is out. Just have to make those finishing touches, and combine the ESP like I said. I'll be moving the items from Ballet Boots.esp into the Shiny Catsuits.esp because that should cause the fewest headaches. HDT Heels dependency has already been removed in favor of NIOverride's method.