Xarathos' Armor Workshop - Mass Effect Cosplay for UUNP Bodyslide

I'll probably do more ME stuff since a) I've always wanted it and B) I finally have the tools needed to port stuff myself if need be. Dunno if it'll be 'next' or if I'm gonna pick another project to do first. Science outfit will certainly be on the list! I also plan on doing kai leng's armor at some point in the near future for males and maaaaaaaaybe refitted for females if I can, because honestly I've just always wanted it.

There's a fair variety to draw from and the pack should end up with stuff at a few different tiers and armor types - I'd rather not EVERYTHING be ebony tier because then you can't use it early game and I start over waaaaaaaay too often to leave that unsupported. Heh.

Ningheim support, idk sorry about the eyes, I looked into it and it looks like Ningheim uses their own meshes/tri files for everything and tbh Idk the first thing about trying to make that work.

[what follows is a brief roadmap that shows I've clearly put more thought into this than I intended this morning]

I'm guessing you'd need a copy of the ningheim eye meshes with the glow shader settings (glowing eyes use a glow shader type and NOT the 'eye env map' flags because it turns out that if you have BOTH it crashes the game) and an esp that points to the correct tris and whatnot.

If someone who knows how wants to add support for the Ningheim I'd be happy to host the files. Otherwise, idek, maybe I'll try to make it work at some point. The most out-there my chargen gets is using the standalone Citrus heads.

Now to go back through the list of recent requests and pick one...

I doubt many people are using 7BO and Ningheim anyway, Its manual install only for what I did. I honestly wouldn't even worry about converting, Ningheim is one of MAYBE a handful of mods that made their own eye mesh's so majority of races function fine I'm sure. I still have yet to hit ebony so I can't use the armors just yet but I can't wait! 

Side note, if you were to take a request would it be easier if someone already prior converted to 7B Bombshell or is it about the same as converting the original armor?

Oh, another thing the Katarina armors 1st person is showing leather armor. It's kind of odd to see those feathers when I swing my sword or do magic lol

Ease of conversion depends, honestly. I prefer to work from the original versions as much as possible because it minimizes the risk of carrying forward distortions or the like. UNP_1 is fairly close to 7BO_0 (not like SUPER close but close enough to start from most of the time)

IDEK

I'm guessing there's an issue with the ESP for the katarina armors, I'll have to look into it. I've probably not noticed because I use Skyrim Enhanced Camera for my first person view. I look down, I see boobs, I assume it's working >_____> That might work as a workaround if you're not interested in waiting for me to figure out what's up there.

Just letting you know, Shepard Armor and Gloves missing from Crafting and Upgrading in the ME bundle, I can get from console no problem. I looked in the other menus to see if they were just in the wrong category, can't view Dragon yet though otherwise I did not see them :D Sorry to point out stuff that makes more work for you! 

Just letting you know, Shepard Armor and Gloves missing from Crafting and Upgrading in the ME bundle, I can get from console no problem. I looked in the other menus to see if they were just in the wrong category, can't view Dragon yet though otherwise I did not see them :D Sorry to point out stuff that makes more work for you!

If you have both the ebony and arcane blacksmith perks this is an error, if not… idk I can adjust the recipes later if people want.

I'm seriously contemplating trying to remake the 7BO body mesh or a close match at the moment. I keep getting mesh seams at wrists and neck and whatnot and I just

Gah

So we'll see what happens. This is just me musing during the stretch when I'm stuck away from my software suite.

You know, I thought the seams were my ENB so I went on a rampage trying out different things. I use Ningheim race 100% of the time because of the headmesh so its a personal taste thing for me and there was never any seam with the included 4k head and body textures on UNPB or 7B Bombshell bodies but there is with the 7BO. I will say I went full Real Girl textures with my character and it limited the seam issue, or so it seems. It was def worse with the included Ningheim textures. So the RG Textures with the Ningheim masks and other things seem to work to a degree but you can still see them.

Hand wise, it seems its more pronounced on the right hand as oppose to the left. If there was a seam on the left I couldn't see it but you can make out the line on the right ever so slightly. Kind of seems like the body area that connects to the neck is just ever so skimpy? I know nothing about this so its just a guess based off visual glance

Side note, instead of the ME armors it added a second set of stock Ebony armor in the Ebony section with your crafting options hehe

post-100078-0-13612200-1424576691_thumb.jpgpost-100078-0-18328100-1424576699_thumb.jpg

Yeah the issue I keep getting is most visible in closeups; physical gaps between meshes. I thought I had them all fixed and then they keep showing up again... Idk.

Like I said it's a thought I'm toying with.

Also: a. Lovely lady you have there and b. I'll check the esp as soon as I can get to it.

Turns out I didn't need to try remaking the body to fix my neck issue, thank the Maker. For anyone who's having issues with, say, the CITRUS heads, here's a troubleshooting list:

• open both one of the body meshes and the female head mesh in NifSkope and head down to the BSLightingShader for each. Make sure the glossiness and specular strength settings are all the same (I recommend copying the numbers from the body because then you only have to change one mesh, the head). Also go into the head mesh's NiTriShapeData and change BSNumUVSets to 1 and HasNormals to no to match up with Skyrim's settings for skin meshes. Save the mesh.
  • Now open the head mesh in Outfit Studio. Change nothing, and export it again. This is to ensure that it matches up neatly with the skeleton you're using, and fuck if this one troubleshooting step hasn't saved me a shitload of trouble with just about everything I do.
  • double check that OS hasn't changed the BSNumUVSets/HasNormals values in NifSkope. If it has, change them back to the above values and save.
  • load game. Flycam in and observe the now seamless neck. Rejoice.

Oh man, you're gonna make me delve into the unknown....I pray I can stand my ground. Otherwise I might PM you. lol

These are what my seam issues look like, not sure how yours were.
post-100078-0-54294000-1424894288_thumb.jpg post-100078-0-12672700-1424894296_thumb.jpg post-100078-0-25726900-1424894304_thumb.jpg

Edit: So, I'm pretty sure I followed the directions to a T and this happened.... lol I think I did something wrong in OS. I started a new project and opened it through there as I don't see anywhere to just open the nif by itself. 

post-100078-0-68067500-1424892845_thumb.jpg

Oh jeez

Okay with OS what you do is you open it up, File > Load Outfit > Load from a Nif File, then open your head mesh there, aaaaaand export again. Touching nothing.

Or I could just upload the one I did and hope it works; I'm using the recommended latest XP32 or whatever so hopefully ... yeah.

Drop this into the correct Citrus folder (I'm using the standalone version because it's less work) Femalehead.7z

I had some similar texture issues, plus the IMHO worse physical 'gap' between meshes in some places. Saving and exporting from OS seems to have fixed the latter, while the former is mostly dealt with by making sure my textures all come from the same mod (I use Women of Skyrim with some Fitness Texblend edits to the normal map) and some tweaks to make sure the meshes all have the same specular settings.

Hmmm....so weird, that breaks my races head. I'm using Ningheim which I know is a custom mesh so I guess exporting is breaking it. Oh well, it was worth a shot. It looks to me like the texture position is to high or the neck mesh on the body is to low. so it doesn't meet up. Who knows, I can deal with it since you go some many great armors to wear :P Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay yeah I have NO IDEA how any of this interacts with Ningheim >_______>

Like I said this was the Citrus head IDEK if that WORKS with Ningheim 

but the instructions SHOULD still apply?? I'm confused. :/ So weird. I'm sorry.

I wouldn't think the texture assignments would be different but yeah no idea.

EDIT: yeah for some reason the OS Export makes the head mesh jump from where it's supposed to be down to somewhere in the floor. BLargh.

Yeah, considering they are both just custom meshes, It's weird the same fix has such different reactions. lol I actually have been trying to use Citrus but for some reason it makes the extra sliders vanish, no matter what position I place it in. Makes no sense, I think it's conflicting with Ningheim but Ningheim is completely stand alone, doesn't alter anything vanilla so I don't see why it's effecting the RM sliders like that. Awaiting a response from either RM or Citrus authors

EDIT: I'm just gonna leave these here for future reference when/if you decide to convert Ancient Nord/Draugr :P 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18097/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54423/?

Citrus uses its own set of morphs, that's probably why. Has to; higher poly mesh.

I think there's one other thing I can try for the Ningheim head mesh but I've got no idea if it'll work or not so

Meantime I suggest skipping the outfit studio fix, but checking to see that all your Ningheim meshes are working off the same texture set. That should at least minimize that blending issue at the neck. Either the ones the race comes with or the defaults, but not a mix.

Oh hey, don't run yourself ragged man! lol Especially if you don't even use the same race. Those are the included race textures but the race come standard for UNP/B/BBP which technically should not be an issue. It's cool though, I'm not worried about it. I don't take screens or anything I just enjoy seeing some realism if for some reason my character needs to get naked lol. Being stuck with those same faded white undies for the whole game is just not hygenic lol