Xarathos' Armor Workshop - Mass Effect Cosplay for UUNP Bodyslide

Hmm What To Wear is actually something I did awhile ago and there's a version of it floating around somewhere in the thread for the body type. I plan to make some tweaks at some point to correct a few minor issues and move it here.

I absolutely love the Nightshade armor - I'll get to it eventually, if only because I miss having it.

For getting started with conversions, I actually recommend the Outfit Studio component of Bodyslide 2. Probably the fastest way to jump in. I use 3ds Max 2014 for a lot of the heavy lifting now but OS still comes in handy for quick fixes (particularly weight painting errors), and there are strange errors sometimes that get fixed only by opening and reexporting an outfit from there. There are a lot of good tuts for both (I learned a lot from Nightasy's vids) but the best way to figure some of this stuff out is just by doing it.

I've got the "common tunic" about finished so I'll post that later. It's maybe not worn much by PCs but like the other farmclothes it shows up in the world often enough to make a difference.

EDIT: post-233165-0-03967400-1411399090_thumb.jpg

I opted to start with the ILoveCleavage version of the mesh as a base because it was a bit smoother in places but probably for the rest of them I'll just do the smoothing myself. Still, though. Not half bad, and it should look great on the NPCs who typically wear it.

EDIT2: File is now updated.

And you know what--

post-233165-0-54073500-1411402893_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and upload the current version of this conversion too, hang on.

I opted to start with the ILoveCleavage version of the mesh as a base because it was a bit smoother in places but probably for the rest of them I'll just do the smoothing myself. Still, though. Not half bad, and it should look great on the NPCs who typically wear it.

EDIT2: File is now updated.

And you know what--

attachicon.gifScreenshot5758.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and upload the current version of this conversion too, hang on.

I agree with using cleavage presets to convert into 7BO the mesh is much smoother.

At least, for my wandering soul mashup that uses zzjay's wardrobe as a base.

Minor update - went back and fixed the Catwoman conversion with proper ground meshes. Should function much more smoothly now that you can safely drop everything...

Celebratory screenshots follow - file will be updated shortly is now live! ^^

post-233165-0-26856200-1411514143_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-67197500-1411514144_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-12501800-1411514146_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-60888700-1411514147_thumb.jpg

Bonus: 

post-233165-0-60000900-1411514150_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-93249200-1411514153_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-54724300-1411514157_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-39372500-1411514160_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-39045900-1411514163_thumb.jpg

Well we are rapidly approaching a moment I know at least SOME of you have been waiting for: I'm releasing my custom glasses as a standalone mod. They'll be living on their own page for ... IDK themselves and any other accessories I end up making by hand in the hypothetical future.

Have a preview:

post-233165-0-27459700-1411673169_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-83677800-1411673166_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-93365900-1411673177_thumb.jpg

So far, everything here is TBBP. That... might change when I start looking at doing more things in metal that reasonably shouldn't bounce. But for the moment, they match to the body.

In theory I do take requests but I don't guarantee anything unless it really catches my eye, if you know what I mean. I have a list in my head of things people have mentioned they'd like to see but I haven't formalized it or anything like that. I've still got a LOT of vanilla meshes to work through.

I'll put it on my list of 'maybes.' When I look at hide armor I'll think about doing two versions? We'll see anyway.

Right now I'm working on the Royal Vampire dress from Dawnguard because frankly I've been ready to kill for a proper conversion of that for a long time now.

thank you for your consideration. out of curiosity, will the royalvamp armor be a conversion of the vanilla one, but with a higher polycount, and the body under the armor?

That's the exact goal, yes.

I'm very close at the moment, just trying to correct a few rigging issues and then I should be ready to upload it. :)

+Xarathos You could play around with the uhm... what's it called... the armor you get from the Snow Elf in Dawnguard... Ancient Elven armor? the white one? I believe there's only one conversion for that armor and only one look for it. It could do with some masterful tweaking :)

"Ancient Falmer Armor", if I can trust the wiki...?

I'm sure I'll get to it at some point. I want to cover everything in the base-game and expansions sooner or later, unique sets included. The ones either a) I'm personally in love with or B) that appear most often throughout the game probably take a higher priority, but that one does look pretty neat. Maybe I'll bump it up the list.

Ancient *Falmer* Armor, yeah that's it lol. In my defence both of those Elves are ancient.

Well the fact that it's *not* a common armor and there *should* only be one set is kind of why it needs a conversion :P It kills your soul a little bit when you finally finish an entire DLC quest line and your reward is a set that doesn't fit your body xD But I understand being methodical and systematic too :P It was just a suggestion :)

Oh I agree completely that it needs to happen - I guess I just didn't get my set when I played Dawnguard and so I kind of forgot it existed xD I know the feeling only too well tho.

Screenshots of the royal vampire conversion I'm about to upload. Hope everyone can forgive me for modeling vampire armor in the tropics... my girl needed a break from all the dark and spooky locales. So I popped her over to The Oasis.

Textures I'm using are the Nightshade Vampire Armor Retexture so YMMV in terms of what it actually looks like in game.

post-233165-0-03131100-1412019867_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-91426000-1412019870_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-65594100-1412019874_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-25873100-1412019878_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-25206400-1412019882_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-68737100-1412019885_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-25488500-1412019889_thumb.jpg

EDIT: File has been uploaded! Enjoy.

(And before anyone asks: yes, everything bounces. Though why I bothered with TBBP when the bottom is covered by both a skirt and a cape, I have no idea).

First time poster here--mostly just been a lurker on the LL boards for a few years, but I wanted to break self-imposed silence to thank you greatly for the work you are putting forth in supporting my personal favorite body shape, 7BO.  It's a shame that remymartin got too busy in meatspace to be able to devote time to his creation, but the support you have given 7BO gives me hope that there will be more works in the future.

I've given some attempt to convert a few of my favorite mods to 7BO, but I just find I don't have the patience for it.  It's not difficult...but it is sometimes a drawn out process.  You, sir, have my thanks and my admiration.  Keep up the good work!

/applause

I'm blushing aslkjda

Okay sooooo I'm having a look at the ancient falmer armor, and IDK at the moment I'm kind of leaning toward doing the vanilla version 'realistic' because a) I'm honestly not sure what I could do with the mesh to make it skimpy or anything ATM. 

There is no b, I'm just not sure what to do with it and I really really strongly dislike the idea of adding boobcups or something to it xD buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

that said

the fit of it can still be adjusted a lot.

So here's my proposal ATM: I'm gonna stick to vanilla here for now, assume the wearer is gonna pack herself in there with a sports bra, otherwise fit the armor to 7B body proportions so the arms and shoulders are in the right place and the waist fits nicely... that much shouldn't be too complicated, and it'll definitely be an improvement. Fair deal?

Maybe do some other tweaks later but my goal setting out was to stick to vanilla as close as possible so I think I'm gonna go ahead with that goal in mind for the moment.

So this is an exciting breakthrough for me, as I've finally managed to beat something that has been a persistent annoyance on my machine and I wanted to upload a fix for anyone else who's had the same problem.

Hey, so, for anyone else who, like me, has been having an issue with a persistent neck-gap between the vanilla head meshes and the body for 7B(O)ppai: I finally have a fix.

Using Gerra's seam mender beta tool and a pair of head meshes exported from racemenu as templates I was able to correct the physical mesh seam entirely. No gap whatsoever even in closeups or unusual poses. It's glorious.

I recommend using these meshes to replace the ones in the download on the main page: I'll probably upload a copy of this file on my own download thread at some point (so they'll be easier to keep track of) but in the meantime it makes sense to put it here and make sure everyone following this thread is able to benefit.

This is a fix for 7B(O)2.2 only - I haven't so much as looked at UNPB(O) but if it's needed I can probably check those over and do a fix for them too.

And if the original author returns and wishes to incorporate this fix, they are of course welcome to it.

I'll be incorporating this version into future armor/clothing mods and uploading fixed versions of the old ones later. Meantime, enjoy these. WOOT

EDIT: As mentioned in the UNPBO/7BO thread, I did a new fix after this to correct an error I noticed around the thighs, then redid the neck fix. Should be better than ever now.

Screens: 

post-233165-0-90246800-1412275537_thumb.jpg
post-233165-0-28741700-1412275535_thumb.jpg
post-233165-0-23340000-1412275532_thumb.jpg
post-233165-0-99149400-1412275528_thumb.jpg
post-233165-0-13151800-1412275526_thumb.jpg

Replace the body meshes you downloaded previously with these: 

they'll be the ones I work with going forward.

edit: replaced link with the most up-to-date version from the post below... in a weird effort to avoid confusing. By confusing myself.

The point being, this is exactly the same body mesh as I had linked here a few minutes ago, but with the hands/feet included.

Goatdude - I'll consider it. Made a note and we'll see. have a few of my previous uploads to go back and reupload now that I've finally fixed the neck seams.

Oh, speaking of seams - this upload also fixes the hand and foot meshes. So people may want to grab these if they've noticed any issues with hand/foot alignment. 7B(O) Fixed All Seams by Xarathos.7z

They might've been fine before, I'm not sure. But I ran them through the seam mender just to be sure. Seems to have improved things :)

Goatdude - I'll consider it. Made a note and we'll see. have a few of my previous uploads to go back and reupload now that I've finally fixed the neck seams.

Oh, speaking of seams - this upload also fixes the hand and foot meshes. So people may want to grab these if they've noticed any issues with hand/foot alignment. attachicon.gif7B(O) Fixed All Seams by Xarathos.7z

They might've been fine before, I'm not sure. But I ran them through the seam mender just to be sure. Seems to have improved things :)

Nice thank you for the seam fix.

Redid the weighting for Bikini-Trouble in 3DSMax and it looks more amazing then ever, so expect a new upload of that conversion soon along with some new screenshots - I was getting frustrated with some odd twisting and the like in certain poses. While I was at it I dropped the BSDismemberment partitions from the bra and panty pieces so now their bodyslots are set entirely in the ESP - works fine in game, and should make them that much simpler to use as parts of mashups. I'm TOLD that the dismemberment partitions are 'optional' anyway, and I noticed that some of the devious devices don't bother with them, soooo...

I'll probably be adding slot 52 to the 'full' bikinis before I reupload them for both SOS compatibility (for anyone who uses SOS with female toons... I don't but I know some people do) and the added bonus of making the slots for the full, top, and bottom objects all make sense - a complete bikini will take up both slots, the top will take only 32, bottom only 52.

After that's finished I'll tweak Armored Bikinis to use the newly fixed meshes and reupload that one as well. That'll be done before the end of the day, and I WILL be recommending a redownload of both packages because hey, a) no seams and B) seriously guys the weighting is fucking amazing there's no odd twisting anywhere. I love it.