Xarathos' Armor Workshop - Mass Effect Cosplay for UUNP Bodyslide

You're welcome. Glad you like it. xD

At some point I'm gonna upload another set of tweaks to the Lustmord ESP. Additions planned at the moment include an enhanced version of the included Lustmord Crossbow. You'll still need to do the appropriate Dawnguard quest to unlock crossbow enhancing, but you'll craft the enhanced bow using the same spell/magic forge thing that you craft the rest of the items in the set with, as opposed to 'only at the Dawnguard HQ.'

I'm also probably going to change the weapon's material keyword to Ebony instead of Daedric; crafting the item requires ebony ingots and vampire dust, so there's nothing particularly 'daedric' about it.

It's just a little set of tweaks to bring the Lustmord Bow into line with the vanilla crossbow system.

The Lustmord bow is also silent, which despite weapons and armor fixes insisting that crossbows are meant to be loud, I'm probably just going to leave as is (or if I do change it, I'm likely to leave the enhanced bow silenced). Frankly I like having silent crossbows available, whether they have to be crafted from the existing bows via some method or just as a quirk of a specific bow. Probably because I tend to play a roguish character, but like crossbows a LOT and don't like being cut off from the ENTIRE weapon category.

(Honestly, the Dawnguard insists a crossbow is a good vampire killing weapon, and that's sort of defeated very quickly if using it alerts the ENTIRE GROUP of VAMPIRES to where you are. Or maybe this is just a sign of the Dawnguard's desperation and willingness to put a weapon in the hands of anyone if it means throwing more bodies at the problem.)

In either case, if one assumes that the Lustmord set is meant to be used by vampires, I don't doubt that they'd want a quiet weapon available to them for picking off unsuspecting kine.

EDIT: my focus for the next little while is going to be on the new Outfit Studio release and what it's done to any conversions I've got out currently. I noticed that the new file structure or something ended up breaking my Shiny Rubber Catsuits project files, presumably because of what I did with the XML files to make the shared file structure thing work.

Outfit Studio is now using some new file formats and the like so I'll have to bring anything that's actually broken by the 3.1 update into line. Luckily, the TRI import function in OS saves me a ton of time and effort in this regard - to update the catsuit convert to the new standard I've basically just loaded the previously output file into OS, brought the TRI in to get all the morphs working, and then saved it to the new format.

I'll keep y'all posted on when that's updating/being fixed and I'll transition other converts to the new system whenever I get the chance. Urgent first, then the rest.

Putting the shiny catsuits together in the new OS 3.1+ format while I can. Will include the latest versions of my slider sets available, and a version of the leotard slider adapted from the last shitty convert I did of it. I'm not wildly interested in revising that shape but at least the outfit will be functional.

HOPEFULLY I can upload that by the end of the night.

(Turns out the reason it was invisible is that i'd changed the mesh assignment to a weightslider version of the mesh in anticipation of my added sliders, then failed to include the sliders themselves so the original mesh was never used.

Whoops.)

I've also uploaded a matching revision of the Dark Disciple armor - that file includes only the needed bodyslide files for OS 3.1 and a prebuilt set of 7BO meshes, so download the original as before and go crazy.

EDIT: Found a problem with the shiny catsuit update. Ballet boots seem to have glitched. Gonna try to fix those, then upload again before the end of the night. Sorry.

uploaded a fix, hopefully, and also fixed a lingering problem in the ESP with the transparent long gloves: for some reason they were set to hide the body and forearms. Good grief.

Lustmord Update. Added a FOMOD so I can build optionals into the download later, changed the existing sliders over to the new OS 3.1 formats, added a Slider Groups file so that they'll properly detect your presets, and the aforementioned tweaks to the crossbow. Haven't tested the enhanced crossbow in game myself yet as I have actually never done that quest, go figure, but it was a fairly easy thing to add so I figured eh, what the hell.

Future planned optionals include a modified version of the Weapons and Armors Attributes patch that accounts for the new and changed items; this'll be more or less the version I actually use in game once it's available.

Just as a note about the new file formats for BS/OS 3.0 and higher.

All EXISTING conversions, if you simply install and build them in BodySlide, will keep working with the new version of the program.

The only thing that changes is when you do modifications to existing projects with Outfit Studio.

It will load them from the old format and convert them into the new file formats on save.

You can still save multiple projects into one .osp file, but of course you have to re-save all of them once.

You can still save multiple projects into one .osp file, but of course you have to re-save all of them once.

Good to know, thanks for clearing all that up.

The issue my catsuit convert was having was that because of my funky XML/Folder structure, the project file itself refused to load from within Outfit Studio, meaning I couldn't continue making improvements until I figured out how to fix it - that was enough for me to consider it critical and figure out the workaround and updates and so forth. This was more my issue than anyone else's ofc and I didn't intend to cause any panic - I think Bodyslide itself was working fine, so it was a modder problem, not a user one.

I figured I'd transition to the new format anyway since these are rarely what I would call 'finished' and it's just one more thing to incorporate into a version change.

Haven't had success with multiple projects in a single OSP yet but I'll have to experiment with it (the last time I tried it I ended up with sliders refusing to show up for an outfit but that maaaaay have had other causes). I do prefer to cut down on the number of files where possible so I'll keep poking at it.

EDIT: though it suddenly occurs to me that an OSP is basically just an XML file. Worst case scenario I should be able to merge them manually.

Updating one of my older sets to UUNP. Gonna take a bit before I'm satisfied enough to rerelease but here's the preview: 

post-233165-0-89192700-1452375136_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-53446900-1452375138_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-78191000-1452375139_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-27810400-1452375141_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-96371400-1452375142_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-02803200-1452375144_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-01869500-1452375145_thumb.jpg

Planned features for the Mass Effect Cosplay update: 

• FOMOD offering Ningheim Support for the Illusive eye textures
  • basic Outfit Studio conformed morphs for both the currently included female armors

then in future updates I'll refine individual morphs with 3DS Max etc and clean stuff up further, as well as hopefully adding more outfits/combining in more Mass Effect themed mods as I find them.

As far as I know this is the only place that's had both the Male and Female versions of these armors in one place and working as one item, and I'd like to keep up that standard where possible - I know it won't always be but hey doesn't hurt to try.

I've done what I can today so I'm gonna put out a first version of the ME cosplay pack before the end of the evening and sort the bugs out later.

The bikini has some issues that i'm gonna try to work out over time. Everything else seems to be working pretty okay. Haven't tested the Ningheim patch but I don't think there's any reason why it shouldn't work...

and if it doesn't, I'll update it accordingly.

I'm putting the fomod together and packing up the files. Should be up before the night is out.

EDIT: tested the FOMOD, everything seems to work, aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're uploaded!

I'll clean up the morphs that have issues later. Meantime, let me know if there's anything urgent to fix.

Worth noting: I went ahead and added zap sliders to the female reckoner bikini armor. You can remove the belts, and either the top or bottoms of the bikini piece (or both ofc if you check them). So if the bikini just isn't doing it for you and you feel like mashing it up with something else, you've got the tools you need.

Good news! I've now personally tested the Ningheim eyes patch for my Illusive eyes and they do work as intended for the race.

Excepting the part where the human versions ALSO show up in the Ningheim list and don't work properly.... that's going to drive me crazy. But I notice that seems to be true of a looooot of eyes in my list.

Wonder what that's about.

Anyway, hopefully anyone using the Ningheim race won't have any issues with finding the right ones. They should work for both the Ningheim and for Ningheim Vampires, but I haven't tested the second one. I assume you'd still need to go change your eye tex back in Racemenu after converting, but the option is there regardless.

Found an unintended issue with the Lustmord armor set I think; seems the last revision I made may have borked the zap settings for the body under the cuirass, resulting in a lot of clipping that isn't supposed to be there.

I'll fix it and upload a patch as soon as I can.

Should be patched.

Next plans for that particular mod include an optional 'lootified' version that adds some of the lustmord outfits as vampire armors, the aforementioned Weapons and Armors Attributes patch, and....

well

at some point I think I might take a hard look at how some of the scripts are implemented and try and update+streamline them if possible. The garters are supposed to give you access to some kind of container, for instance, but for reasons I can't quite figure out there are two spells involved and it's tied into a quest and I have no idea why. It seems like a simple 'on equip' event to add the spell would be easier.

EDIT: well, that turned out to be easy. I'm not sure why the original version made it so complex - the new garter script works basically the same way as the Silver perk in vanilla. Equip garter, add spell, use spell, open container. Done. Sooo... I guess that'll be in the next update?

And ofc I still need to add sliders for more of the accessories, and clean up a few of the morphs.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a break from armor work for a little bit to work on my NPC edits. Not quite sure I'm ready to get back to armors yet, but wanted to give a heads up here anyway: I put together a cosmetics pack while doing the NPC tweaks. Custom warpaints for lipsticks+eyeshadows of various types.

Anyone who's interested in that can find it here. This is what sort of spawned out of the lip tints I made for my characters awhile back and have been using in most of my screenshots, but then expanded, added a few more options, touched up more pieces of the face.... I've just never been completely thrilled with the options we had. Most of the lipsticks I've tried were plagued by alignment issues and didn't look right on faces, and half the high-res eye shadows are crazy elaborate wing-tip type things.

These hit the balance I've been wanting pretty well. They give some variety, you can layer them as needed (because they're 'war paints,') and because of that when paired with racemenu and options for opacity etc etc they can work pretty well for a wide variety of character styles, everything from a light stain to a deeper paint.

I'll be expanding it now and then as new gaps to fill come to me, but meantime... I dunno. I wanted to make sure you guys saw it because you've all been pretty great to me. So.

You can also grab it at my tumblr if you're unable to get to the Nexus for some reason. Whatever works better. It's a Racemenu plugin, so it'll require that I think, sorry I don't really know the first thing about adding new paints to ECE but anyone who DOES know the first thing is more than welcome to take a crack at it.

Anyway I gotta go nurse this headache, sorry I don't have anything else to upload presently, but I hope some of you can get something out of this regardless.

post-233165-0-08303700-1453850319_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-59135800-1453850311_thumb.jpg

Combining morphs from different body families like you have there will sometimes have.... unpredictable results. I do need to revisit the pack and see if I can't clean up a few things tho. I'm having trouble seeing what effect the nipple length slider is having tbh but I'll give it a look when I get some time to focus on it.

Makeup is on point, thanks for sharing. I'm guessing glossy+etc makeup would probably be harder to do this way because I'm dealing with basically just tints for the most part, and doing gloss+glitter would need to edit the texture maps - normals etc. Buuuuut....

... idk I'll have to experiment with some stuff.

(The good news is I haven't had anyone tell me the makeup was misaligned which takes care of my biggest fear.)

Been crazy with FO4 lately, just wanted to stop in and say thanks for keeping up on your conversions. Also tracked your makeup mod so when I do come back to Skyrim (god I have SOOO many mods to update) I can make my lady more purdy :D

I'm gonna keep my jealousy over Fallout 4 to myself and just say 'you're welcome' ;D

Thanks for the conversions :-)

SwyEtEs6.jpg

Biggest plus is that you also provide a proper conversion for 7BO in the UUNP files, because 7BO is somewhat incompatible with UUNP on certain outfits. You know when it crumples the details around the cleavage, always giving me a bad headache with UUNP slidersets.

Thanks for the conversions :-)

SwyEtEs6.jpg

Biggest plus is that you also provide a proper conversion for 7BO in the UUNP files, because 7BO is somewhat incompatible with UUNP on certain outfits. You know when it crumples the details around the cleavage, always giving me a bad headache with UUNP slidersets.

You're very welcome. :D

the dirty secret is that I frequently redo the individual sliders by hand, like a crazy person. I'm starting to wonder if it might not be beneficial to have some kind of open standard where multiple people hand rework specific sliders and then we combine the best ones together into a final set, crowd source the crap out of this stuff because GOD it can get exhausting hand checking each one.... .____.

The results pay off, though. God do they ever pay off.

That's probably a consequence of not actually having a body mesh under the 'non-transparent' version - cutting down on unneeded polys+clipping. I can tweak the sliders to zap everything but the wrist+ankle connections and fix that.

EDIT: uploading, untested. Rebuild from bodyslide.

EDIT TO THE EDIT: WHOOOOOOOOOOOPS

okay so I made a disconnect in my brain from Dark Disciple back to the shiny catsuits.

The reason my brain DID that is because it's exactly the same base mesh+etc. So I uploaded a fixed version of MXW's Catsuits and still have to do Dark Disciple. That'll be a couple minutes.

uploaded a fixed version of the dark disciple sliders that SHOULD avoid the ankle gap issue.

thanks for pointing that out. Easy fixes are surprisingly motivating.

Haven't tested the fix yet but good job on the fast update i guess ;-)

I downloaded it because i had a good idea for a decent user image for ScreenshotPad, but no appropriate outfit.

Might as well share the original pics here:

9dzSdDTJ.jpg

FhjwV9Zt.jpg

o021Hwzu.jpg

uHhKa6hC.jpg

Not Batwoman

It's a great DB replacer as well, only thing wierd is that the hood makes the character completely baldheaded / shaved so i used the wolf mask from nisetanaka's Wolf Bikini to cover it.

Another opportunity for a bugfix? ;-)

Yeah, there are two hoods in the pack, and for reasons I cannot comprehend one of them is using the mesh from the uh..... I think it's the common hood from the farm clothes, which is kind of the worst hood in the game for exactly that reason. The other one, I think it's the 'crimson disciple hood' uses the mage hood mesh, which is better if not perfect.

I'm tempted to just set them both to the second mesh because yeah the one mesh is just... bad. and nobody should ever use it. for anything. bethesda why why

that mask was a pretty good solution though, good thinking

EDIT: checked. was wrong. the regular 'dark disciple' uses the mage hood, the crimson disciple uses the bad one.

• 1 month later...

You have the Dark Disciple armor saving with the UUNP reference shape, since the body can not be seen because of the armor I believe it shouldn't be there at all. Reduces the poly count/textures used and also will remove all possible clipping depending on the morph.

If you have a reason for doing this I'm sorry, just ignore me.

Edit: Also you have the two gloves saving as the same file name, the red one should be saved as file name catsuit_T_hands but it is just catsuit_hands causing the conflict.

• 3 months later...