On 3/26/2018 at 9:53 AM, Inte said:

You do not have to start a new game to remove the badasses. Just uninstall SDc. All baddases added will be gone. This mod does not add vanilla NPCs of any kind, nor does it modify existing ones. 

That is not possible as this mod adds NPCs to various camp locations manually (in CK).  

I know what you are saying, but I know what I saw.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bauzz said:

I found this "Forsworn Captive" and noticed she was from your mod. Talking to her made my game crash. Any idea why? I'm using version 3.01

2018-04-07_23-59-19.jpg

Probably another mod overidding her dialogue. Move SDc to last in your load order. That might work. 

3 hours ago, The Zen said:

Nice mod. Wish it had an option of NOT messing around with NPCs. Surprisingly, when I download a mod about cages I'm mostly interested in the cages.

Just disable them in the MCM  or use version 2.92.

3 hours ago, The Zen said:

Nice mod. Wish it had an option of NOT messing around with NPCs. Surprisingly, when I download a mod about cages I'm mostly interested in the cages.

There is a banditless patch in the file list. @Inte should clean up a little.

4 hours ago, bauzz said:

Is there a way to figure what mod is overriding it?

4 minutes ago, Punga said:

Well,  move it to last in your order, if it works keep moving up one mod at the time until it doesn't. 

Or use xEdit?

Punga, you're so dirty.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:32 PM, Sathella said:

I'm having a problem in that the cages for me are broken. I've tried over and over, but I will not get locked in at night and I will sometimes get stuck in a borken, endless animation where my keyboard is severed from my character.

That's a SD+ problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

Going back a few weeks now, Inte helpfully replied in some detail to my comments about problems with the previous version.

The response is much appreciated. It's good to be acknowledged, even if there isn't a fix, and in this case there seems to be a sort of fix, so I'll at least load SDc backup and see how it ends...

I haven't looked here since I wrote that post, as I wasn't expecting any quick changes, but it's good to look for an update and find there is a new version.

Despite my complaints, there is a part of this mod I really want: cages.

I really want the cages to work. That is all. It would be great if they could. Yet I have never seen a working cage. SD+ master doesn't even seem aware they exist, never mind issues with getting stuck in a flappy door. But it seems good advice to push this way towards end of LO, so I'll bear that in mind.

The core issue I - and I think many others - have, is that we expect a mod called SD Cages, to be about cages, not baddass bandits (or vampires, or necros, or whatever).

More troubling, the baddass enemies do not respond as you would hope to MCM settings. That's a problem. A big one.

I wasn't joking when I said this mod should be renamed Gangs of Skyrim or something.

There are already several large and sophisticated "vanilla" (Nexus) mods for increasing enemy difficulty.

There is only one that adds a bunch of cages to SD+

Now I understood that the bandits are supposed to enslave you, I got that. I did, in fact, try and get them to do so - that they kept killing me instead was mainly an SD+ problem - I'm not going to use DA. Sorry. Not going to happen.

The thing is, I don't need my bandits (or other enemies) buffing up. I debuff the player. I don't need tougher enemies, I can already lose to the ordinary ones just fine.

That the baddass bandits have technical issues that interfere with my quiet enjoyment of cages, and that they lack a single MCM box to disable or enable them en masse (that should be OFF by default). It's really no good to start a new game, and forget to disable all those insane mobs, then remember, and have to tick all those boxes, and then find that disabling doesn't remove the ones already spawned, so basically you're screwed.

It's that simple: some people do want tougher (buffed) enemies, others do not. They may debuff the player, or they may have other ways to get enslaved (Devious Followers for example).

I'll say it again. Please... Please split the cage mod off from the buffed mobs. Permanently. If tougher enemies are required, the player can choose from several mods, or the (separate) baddass enemies component that should be split off this.

Or at the very least, make the buffed mobs OFF BY DEFAULT.

And one more thing. Yes, I happen to think that ebony weapons at level 20 are game-breakers. In vanilla you're just getting steel at that point. Being able to loot ebony from baddass mobs renders all other loot, even enchanted weapons, junk.

I just think it would make it easier for people to find the baddass bandits mod if it had a name that wasn't SD Cages, but something like "Really Difficult Enemies" or "Undefeatable Gangs of Skyrim", and the people who wants cages may just not want baddass bandits in the "SD Cages" mod? See what I mean?

Everyone is happier. Well... You can't please everyone.

Inte explained very nicely how you end up with far more mobs than are specified in the MCM.

But there has to be a way to stop this, right? If the mod tracks the mobs it spawns in a formlist or array, it can see how many seem to exist, where they are, and whether they deserve to be there. Put them in aliases if you have to. It seems quite feasible to do incremental updates on the list every 77 seconds or so, with practically zero script loading, and then you have the essential information ready to hand when a spawn becomes possible. You know whether to spawn or not without expensive script calls at that point. Just a thought.

I don't know if the new spawn system solves the over-spawning or not, but with the old version, I too saw scenes like that one with all the people crowded on the boat when zoning into certain castles. Hopefully that's fixed now?

My character isn't getting put in the cage at night. Is there something I need to do to trigger the event? Or am I encountering some kind of bug? How do I fix it?