OBLIVION: install game,tools,bodies,BBB, Load order sorting, esp/esm cleaning, CS-CSE, Body stretching

Yes BOSS always put unknow Mods at the end. But you can insert the unknown Mods in the BOSS MasterList.

Or use BOSS only once after a Oblivion new installlation. Then use only the BOSS Masterlist, open the list, search the new Mod, and correct you Load order.

I don't have BOSS installed. I only download the Masterlist to sort new Mods . And after a Oblivion new installation I sort manually, I have a lot of copies of my old load orders.

LOOT is shit for Oblivion ! ! !

I also don't use WryeBash, had never problems. ( but I don't use MBP )

I understand that LOOT actually does some calculation and analysis to sort LO. I guess both LOOT and BOSS are acting in their own reasonable ways.

So, LOOT does attempt to sort unknown mods because it's what LOOT is supposed to do, although the result can either be right or wrong.

BOSS is not as smart as that but still does its best. place them at the very bottom. At least it's always not the worst decision.

I imagine some day LOOT can replace BOSS for Oblivion. But for now I prefer sorting with my own hands.

I understand that LOOT actually does some calculation and analysis to sort LO. I guess both LOOT and BOSS are acting in their own reasonable ways.

So, LOOT does attempt to sort unknown mods because it's what LOOT is supposed to do, although the result can either be right or wrong.

BOSS is not as smart as that but still does its best. place them at the very bottom. At least it's always not the worst decision.

I imagine some day LOOT can replace BOSS for Oblivion. But for now I prefer sorting with my own hands.

Amen.  I'll use BOSS as a guide then decide for myself based upon what TES4Edit tells me the mods specifically affect and what OTHER mods they may conflict with and exactly how to decide which one I want to "win" the battle.

You can create a bashed patch with TES4Edit but I always rely on Wrye Bash for that.  The bashed patch DOES help ensure all leveled lists are appropriately updated which is necessary if you use MMM or Monster Girl or any other mod that changes a leveled list, unless NO other mod you are using does that.

Wrye Bash also keeps my data file right by using the installer instead of OR in conjunction with OBMM.

As far as complaints about MBP or any RACE compilation mod, all I have to say is you either make it work for you to add what it can add or don't waste your time with it.

I'll NEVER have a Mystic Elf or Chocolate elf character, BUT, I do like to see some Mystic & Chocolate elf hotties running around in my game, SO, I use MBP to put them in.

Vive le differance!

Oops!  And here's just one example of what can be done with the resources of MBP which I used to update all races using vanilla eyes to those which IMHO are much more realistic.

post-1094778-0-50894700-1468412014_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Help please.  I have both the Steam version of Oblivion, and the retail version.  The only reason I have the Steam version is because the external drive with the small DLC's was damaged beyond repair or recovery.  Fortunately I had a backup of the majority of my favourite mods on USB drive.

Is it possible to install the GOTY from disc, and then add what I want from the Steam copy?  I really prefer to play without enabling Steam Community stuff if it can be done.

The only other question is - which is the most current version of Lovers Stalkers M please?

Do you have the Steam version installed?

Then you can copy the files you want and back all on a USB drive or external Hard drive.

All the small DLC are only esp and bsa file. ( I have the DVD Oblivion version and after cleaning all the DLCs I created OMods of all DLCs, so I must not install from DVD again and clean all the esp again )

DLCHorseArmor.esp and DLCHorseArmor.bsa

DLCOrrery.esp and DLCOrrery.bsa

DLCThievesDen.esp and DLCThievesDen.bsa

DLCVileLair.esp and DLCVileLair.bsa
DLCFrostcrag.esp  and DLCFrostcrag.bsa

DLCSpellTomes.esp  no bsa

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp  no bsa!

I don't have battlehorn castle but I'm sure it's only esp and bsa

So you can install the steam version , copy the files and uninstall it.

But you know you can play steam offline.

As I played Skyrim I was not often more than a month not connected to Steam.

------------------------------------------

Lovers stalkers M http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/154-loversstalkerm/

Both!  if you want displayed messages  use  v1.5

If you want dialogs use v2.0

Thank you so much fejeena  :shy:

I stay away from Steam mainly because there is a family member who always telephones me if he see me listed as active, and it drives me nuts!!!  He is a good person, but I am not always in the mood for a 2 hour telephone conversation LOL

Thank you so much fejeena  :shy:

I stay away from Steam mainly because there is a family member who always telephones me if he see me listed as active, and it drives me nuts!!!  He is a good person, but I am not always in the mood for a 2 hour telephone conversation LOL

As Fajeena said, you can run Steam games in "offline" mode and not be bothered with the on-line crap.  That's what I do because if I wanted to socialize while playing an RPG, then I'd just go back to Everquest or World of Warcraft.

If you run Steam in Offline mode and un-check the areas in Steam settings that have to do with "friends" then you probably won't be bothered.  

But IF you have the Disc set and it is set up in its own directory, you could use Wrye Bash installer to re-add the mods you had previously.

Just copying the old directory over can cause unexpected results and totally screw up your game.

I say this from bad experiences trying to do just that.  Good luck.

Thank you tinman2u.   Maybe I mis-read the instructions on OBSE - if you have the Steam Version you have to enable an online Steam Setting for OBSE to work properly 

QUOTE:

The instructions for installing and running OBSE differ based on whether you are using a retail or Steam version of the game.

IF YOU PURCHASED A RETAIL (NON-STEAM) VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_loader.exe and the Data folder to your Oblivion directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder, and should contain files called "Oblivion.exe" and "OblivionLauncher.exe".
3. Run oblivion by running obse_loader.exe from the Oblivion directory.

If you use a desktop shortcut to launch Oblivion normally, just update the shortcut to point to obse_loader.exe instead of oblivion.exe.

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder  to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".
2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".
3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

UNQUOTE:

I am going to use the Steam version of the game as the DLC's I have stored are about 4 years old and I am not certain they will work properly now.  

I admit that my brain function is seriously diminished at the moment.  My mother died 2 weeks ago and her funeral was on Monday and I am finding it very hard to focus on anything just now, and work is too quiet to distract me.

During the last 6-8 years no updates , so your DLCs are up to date. And you have the GOTY version so SI NotN and Oblivion are patch 1_2_416

--------------------------------------------------

And as I mentioned above you can install the Steam version, copy the DLCs in a empty folder ( create a 7z for you Mod backup folder ), then delete the Steam version  and install Oblivion from DVD.

----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

my sincere condolences

Thank you - things seem a little clearer today  :shy:

EDIT:   And now the GOTY disc is NOT compatible with Windows 10!

I am going to go and scream quietly after reading 8 different ideas about backwards compatibility *growls in frustration&

I second Fajeena's condolences.  I lost my mother in 2011 and my dad in 2013 which definitely gives you a different outlook on life.

Luckily I was able to not work for about six months after losing my mother which definitely helped.

Occupying your mind is a good thing to do as long as it is something enjoyable.  So let's get you back to Oblivion, shall we?

To use OBSE with Steam all you have to do is check the box for "Enable the Overlay while in game."  That setting is under "In-Game" settings.

You don't have to have any other bells and whistles from Steam running.  I pretty much have everything unchecked in the Steam Settings except for that one setting.

Oh, and there is a "Block Number" function with most phone service providers also.  Just in case.   :cool:

Thank you tinman2u, I really appreciate your kind words.  I lost my father when I was 18 and I helped my mother raise my 1 year old brother afterwards. Now 42 years later losing my mother after we had been so close has really knocked us hard.   

I am so glad that you were able to take the 6 months you needed after your loss, and I hope that you continue to be kind to yourself.

Okay - I am going to have coffee, take the big red dog for a walk and then start all over again.  You both have been so kind and patient with me and I really appreciate it  :shy:

Thank you tinman2u, I really appreciate your kind words.  I lost my father when I was 18 and I helped my mother raise my 1 year old brother afterwards. Now 42 years later losing my mother after we had been so close has really knocked us hard.   

I am so glad that you were able to take the 6 months you needed after your loss, and I hope that you continue to be kind to yourself.

Okay - I am going to have coffee, take the big red dog for a walk and then start all over again.  You both have been so kind and patient with me and I really appreciate it  :shy:

No worries mate.  Where abouts in the UK are you walking?  I spent about four years in East Anglia for the USAF.  Been to Brighton, Cambridge, Huntingdon, St Ives, York and Piccadilly Circus of course.  Even took an eye opening trip in my dilapidated Mini Cooper Station wagon to Wales.

Imagine my surprise when I learned that they don't speak English there.  Asking for directions was quite a chore and the street signs were ridiculously long.

I often miss visiting the bee keepers to get the local honey to help with allergies and my last pub crawl was quite memorable, if I could only remember it. :s

I spent a fair share of quid supporting the Medieval banquet trade there and was even able to claim the title of "Sacrificial Virgin" at least once.

So please, "Bring on the next remove!"

I grew up in Brighton, studied engineering at the University back in the 1970's and my kid brother went to Cambridge studying Physics in the late 1980's.  Back then a woman Mechanical Engineer was extremely rare LOL.    My father was a fighter pilot out of Tangmere during WW2 and my mother was a refugee from the Peron regime in Argentina back in 1952.  There are some excellent pubs and clubs in both cities :D and you would love the clover honey we get here  :shy:

Wales is very beautiful but the language barrier is huge in some parts :D

I am now on the Isle of Wight and I work as a designer and dressmaker as it is actually very close to engineering and seemed a logical transition when I left London.

I have now discovered that SecuROM is the cause of my GOTY discs not working.  There seems to be mixed opinions on what to do about it.  There is a very complicated way of getting rid of this "hidden" allegedly anti-pirating software or I can use Steam which seems a lot easier.  However I loathe the thought of "hidden" files on my pc that even as Administrator I cannot examine.

I grew up in Brighton, studied engineering at the University back in the 1970's and my kid brother went to Cambridge studying Physics in the late 1980's.  Back then a woman Mechanical Engineer was extremely rare LOL.    My father was a fighter pilot out of Tangmere during WW2 and my mother was a refugee from the Peron regime in Argentina back in 1952.  There are some excellent pubs and clubs in both cities :D and you would love the clover honey we get here  :shy:

Wales is very beautiful but the language barrier is huge in some parts :D

I am now on the Isle of Wight and I work as a designer and dressmaker as it is actually very close to engineering and seemed a logical transition when I left London.

I have now discovered that SecuROM is the cause of my GOTY discs not working.  There seems to be mixed opinions on what to do about it.  There is a very complicated way of getting rid of this "hidden" allegedly anti-pirating software or I can use Steam which seems a lot easier.  However I loathe the thought of "hidden" files on my pc that even as Administrator I cannot examine.

Ah so you also have two culture's in your heritage as do I.  My mother grew up in the Rio Grande valley and she laid her latina heat on my Gringo dad from Iowa while he was in the military stationed at San Antonio, Texas.  But if you're dad was in WWII you must be the baby of the family.

My dad was a Vietnam Vet and was speaking Vietnamese to his health care workers until the day he died.  We both love language and I learned quite a lot of Turkish while stationed in Ankara.  Strangely, I never did learn that much English while I was in East Anglia.   :blush:

"Ta" is one of my favorite words I think.  Never made it to the Isle of Wight but the clover honey sounds delicious.

There is a way to "unhide" hidden files but then you may accidentally delete something important if you go messing about.

Steam is not really all the monster its made out to be dear.  You can always hang-up on your cousin you know.

Tell them your cat's on fire or something.  My time in Korea taught me that both of your pets are quite delicious given just the right seasoning.   :P

I think that we are both fairly multi-cultural from the sound of it :D  My younger brother is the baby of the family though he doesn't look it nowadays :D  My father was nearly 17 years older than my mamacita and his oldest child (by his first wife) is 30 years older than his youngest child :P  Mama spoke 7 languages and up until she was 75 she worked as an interpreter at Heathrow and Gatwick, and also many southern ports - it was a very interesting career dealing with rescued sex slaves, drug barons from Central and South America and nearly everything in between.

I love the sound of Turkish, it reminds me of Romanshk (which is a mid-European language I believe), there is a similar musicality to the flow of both languages I feel.

"Ta muchly" is a phrase I still use a lot :D  Apparently it is very funny when a little old lady uses it LOL  Oh and one of my neighbours has just give me a jar of heather honey she bought this afternoon from a farm on the south side of the island and it is lovely *licks lips*

I did wonder about "unhiding" the hidden files but I am not clever enough to guarantee I won't make one of the mistakes you warn me of :)

It seems that there is a tool specifically designed for the job but there are very few comments on whether it is any good or not.

LOL - thank you for the laugh though my meat eating is restricted to beef :D

I think that we are both fairly multi-cultural from the sound of it :D  My younger brother is the baby of the family though he doesn't look it nowadays :D  My father was nearly 17 years older than my mamacita and his oldest child (by his first wife) is 30 years older than his youngest child :P  Mama spoke 7 languages and up until she was 75 she worked as an interpreter at Heathrow and Gatwick, and also many southern ports - it was a very interesting career dealing with rescued sex slaves, drug barons from Central and South America and nearly everything in between.

I love the sound of Turkish, it reminds me of Romanshk (which is a mid-European language I believe), there is a similar musicality to the flow of both languages I feel.

"Ta muchly" is a phrase I still use a lot :D  Apparently it is very funny when a little old lady uses it LOL  Oh and one of my neighbours has just give me a jar of heather honey she bought this afternoon from a farm on the south side of the island and it is lovely *licks lips*

I did wonder about "unhiding" the hidden files but I am not clever enough to guarantee I won't make one of the mistakes you warn me of :)

It seems that there is a tool specifically designed for the job but there are very few comments on whether it is any good or not.

LOL - thank you for the laugh though my meat eating is restricted to beef :D

No Polo y el pescado?  Pobresita.  Wishing that I truly spoke Spanish, but alas, I grew up learning only Tex-Mex.  So, very like "Ta Muchly," I can say, "Bueno Bye."

Now I did grow up in El Barrio, so I CAN say things that will probably get me killed by their recipient, but very few of them are readily accepted amid any polite conversations.

It seems I and your dear old dad have one thing in common.  My latest ex-wife is seventeen years my junior, although we never consummated our relationship with children thank God.  

Like Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park, I'm always on the lookout for the next ex-Mrs Smith.   :dodgy:   Yes.  Smith.  Miguel Enrique Smith.  Go figure.

Glad that you took my culinary truth with as much tongue in cheek as it was meant to provide.  Hopefully encouraging you to textually celebrate your loved ones with such lovely descriptions will also give you many smiles to turn any frowns upside down.

Laughter is the best medicine.  I firmly recommend you go look at yourself in the mirror, close your right eye, and go "Arrgh!" like a pirate.

If that doesn't make you laugh at yourself until you love yourself, nothing else will.   :heart:

Being a confirmed Privateer myself, nowadays I can only vaguely remember those glory days when I would eagerly plunder the booty.

As Toby Keith so aptly sings, "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was."  

You are very cruel to tease me about the honey but I will forgive you....eventually.

Ta muchly! 

Laughter is the greatest gift our species has :D

I am now investigating the ISO option for getting my game off disk and into playable form on the advice of a Skyrim modder I met on FB of all places LOL.  Being eager to use a wide range of mods is certainly good for making me learn new things and keep the remnants of my brain working :D  I consider myself a novice however I am prepared to read, re-read instructions on any mod or tool I think might make a game even more fun after I have played it once in its vanilla incarnation :D

Thank you again ^_^

https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html

Not sure it that program works, I never downloaded it.

But if OBLIVION GOTY have securom it will not work.

Here I read how to play Games with securom with Win10

http://www.pcwelt.de/news/Update-deaktiviert-SafeDisc-und-SecuROM-Kopierschutz-9808169.html

Sorry it's german

open command prompt

enter

sc start secdrv

After you played you enter

sc stop secdrv

Edit: on another page I read it does not work with Win10.

---------------------------------

And for some old games are legal No-CD exe available so you can still play the game with Win10. Don't know if there is one for Oblivion.

And if there is no legal No-CD exe .....( censored )

Double posting to catch the attention of the experts here.

After reading everything I have found and had recommended to me I finally decided to take the Steam route.  I can actually launch and play if I go to the Steam Library and start the game there :D  However if I try to launch the game from my desktop I get Application load error 5:0000065434.  I have already done some research and am again confused by the array of answers.

I would so love a problem free game to play  :exclamation:   :@   :exclamation:

EDIT - I have tried everything that was suggested in a thread on this issue here (last year) as well.

You have OBSE?

You start the game with Oblivion exe or steam ( NOT the OBSE launcher ! With the steam version you need the OBSE launcher only foe the Construction Set )

You have enabled steam overlay .

----------------------------------

Sorry I don't use Steam and I have Win7.  No problems with Oblivion DVD version.

There was a Mod that checked if OBSE works but I don't know the name and never used it.

Start the game and save it.

Then check you Save folder ( C:\UserName\My documents\My games\Oblivion\saves) if there is a OBSE save. 

file name.ess is the oblivion save

file name.obse is the obse save

file name.pluggy is the pluggy save ( only with Pluggy 125c. With Pluggy 132 the pluggy data are in the OBSE save)

If OBSE creates a save I'm sure it works.