Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps

The other thing I haven't quite figured out yet is how to make the NPC drop the unequipped items (mostly so that other captives can find and take them).  I've seen no version of "dropitem" like there is with "getitem," "equipitem," "removeitem," etc.  I guess I could do the same array trick as the inventory and as each excess item is deleted, spawn a copy of the item at the feet of the actor NPC.  Again, if someone has a creative way of achieving this, I'm certainly listening.

What about "DropObject"?

The other thing I haven't quite figured out yet is how to make the NPC drop the unequipped items (mostly so that other captives can find and take them).  I've seen no version of "dropitem" like there is with "getitem," "equipitem," "removeitem," etc.  I guess I could do the same array trick as the inventory and as each excess item is deleted, spawn a copy of the item at the feet of the actor NPC.  Again, if someone has a creative way of achieving this, I'm certainly listening.

What about "DropObject"?

Yup, that'll work.  Thanks!  Bethesda could have been a little more consistent with script function naming.  Most of the other equipment functions seem to be named with "item."  I probably looked over DropObject multiple times in the list.

#3 - Adding any item to a NPC causes the baked-in game code to automatically decide which piece is "best" and will equip what it thinks is best regardless of what you want. The only sure way to keep it from doing that is to make sure there is only 1 of any kind of item.

I'm sort of exploiting that baked in behavior to my own ends and I got it working today.dance.gif  After a released captive is un-collared, she searches the area for armor pieces, to include looting the dead bandits' corpses.  I used the SetPlayerTeammate() command to force the best armor assessment like so:

akSpeaker.SetPlayerTeammate()
akSpeaker.Unequipall()
akSpeaker.EquipItem(SilverRing,1)
akSpeaker.Removeitem(SilverRing,1)

Right now it's part of a dialogue for testing, but I'll move it (and change to akActor) when I make it part of an AI Package.

I haven't tested it exhaustively, but while my freed test captive was running an AI Package to search for armor, they didn't exhibit any of the teammate behaviors except the desired equipping of the best armors. It was like the AI Package was masking the teammate "mirroring" behaviors for sneak and draw weapons.  The next phase is to search for weapons, then travel to a destination (by themselves) with a Travel AI Package.  If all of these AI packages continue to mask the teammate behaviors, that's great!  Once they get somewhere I can swap in a pre-determined outfit (like they "bought" better gear from a vendor) and switch teammate status back off.

Disclaimer up front: Just to avoid confusion, this post and all subsequent from me on this thread relate to my update mod currently being worked for SexSlavesForVanillaBanditCamps, not to the original mod by pchs or the update by Kenjoka.  Since this thread was all but dead, I don't feel bad hijacking it until the BanditCaptives (working title) mod I'm developing is ready for Beta.

Just made a tactical decision I'd been debating since karlpaws pointed it out in an earlier post (#161): to wit, how to handle the removed bindings.  The submission-inducing enchantment on them is considered broken after removal, so they're junk, but for RP continuity I was going to leave them in the inventory.  The problem with that is if the released captive NPC doesn't happen to find anything else that goes in those bodyslots, upon the equip-best-armor behavior I'm harnessing from the SetPlayerTeammate() command the NPC will put them back on.  Since that makes no sense, I thought to then have them just drop them.  The problem then becomes the bindings can be re-acquired by the armor searching AI Package either by that NPC or another subsequently released captive and then put back on as before.

So . . . to just side-step this entirely, I'm going to remove the bindings altogether.  This is the code I came up with for it; probably not the most elegant way to go about it, but it seems to get the job done.  Interesting how GetWornForm needs a hex number, but UnequipBodySlot takes the two digit address.  If there's a slick way to check the entire inventory with GetWornForm or something like it where I don't have to index the address to each BodySlot, I'm listening since I'm going to have to add a couple of more.  Not everyone uses standard body locations for custom mod items (e.g., Gatti vs. Zaz) but this way I can address the BodySlot rather than change each item (and its ArmorAddon) to change the item's slot.

int Count = 1
int BodyslotHex
While Count <= 7
 If Count == 1
  BodySlotHex = 0x10000000;  Gatti Neck
 ElseIf Count == 2
  BodySlotHex = 0x00000008;  Gatti Wrists
 ElseIf Count == 3
  BodySlotHex = 0x00000100;  Gatti Ankles
 ElseIf Count == 4
  BodySlotHex = 0x00008000;  Zaz Neck
 ElseIf Count == 5
  BodySlotHex = 0x00800000;  Zaz Wrists
 ElseIf Count == 6
  BodySlotHex = 0x20000000;  Zaz Ankles
 EndIf
 If akSpeaker.GetWornForm(BodySlotHex).HasKeyword(pchsCaptiveGear);  Check for Keyword
  akSpeaker.RemoveItem(akSpeaker.GetWornForm(BodyslotHex))  ;  Remove that item
 EndIf
 Count += 1
EndWhile

I just have to tag each item in the CK I've used for those slots of captive outfits (mainly neck and wrists) with the keyword; easily done.  Maybe I'll build in a junk item representing the binding remnant that is just worth its leather.  This would be either dropped or added to inventory just for RP value.

Disclaimer up front: Just to avoid confusion, this post and all subsequent from me on this thread relate to my update mod currently being worked for SexSlavesForVanillaBanditCamps, not to the original mod by pchs or the update by Kenjoka.  Since this thread was all but dead, I don't feel bad hijacking it until the BanditCaptives (working title) mod I'm developing is ready for Beta.

Just a quick update on progress.  Not the greatest picture, but what's shown are four recently released test captives who were wearing bindings and very little else.  The awesome part is once released, they went and equipped themselves autonomously with whatever weapons and armor they could find (most from their former bandit captors, now deceased) and then mustered at a designated test travel destination.  

I've been wresting with finicky AI packages all week (learning what they're supposed to do vs. what they actually do in some cases) and got a mostly acceptable version of this behavior, then reworked it for a better result but still wasn't totally pleased.  Taking a different approach, I used an AI package to repeatedly call another AI package as if it were a subroutine.  This reduced the system load significantly so the necessary force-equip pauses are both now only 0.1 seconds and the result has been totally perfect and consistent (unlike the erratic success of the first two attempts) in every test in multiple environments.

ScreenShot15_zpsdpchpycg.png

"Under the hood" note:  I can't control the AI logic of the Acquire package very much, but I can tell it when to stop or repeat.  The package complete functions for Acquire seem not to work as designed.  Right now a released captive first goes searching for a weapon -- that's a reversal of my original take on finding armor/clothing first, but it made more sense.  When she finds a weapon, the script checks for what class of weapon, only counting "major" weapons.  i.e., I can't tell it to not look for daggers, but I can tell it to not count the dagger towards completing the assigned weapon search.  This was after an armored NPC showed up with a shield and just a dagger when there were plenty of "major" weapons around.  So now, if a dagger happens to be found first, a subsequent search will ensue until a "major" weapon (to include staves) is in inventory even if multiple daggers are found first.

The armor search runs similar.  I can't tell it to look specifically for cuirasses, just armor in general.  I can, however, tell it to keep looking and equipping the best armor/clothing with every find until both the cuirass and feet body slots are filled with something, either armor or clothes.  Often, depending on what's lying about, a shield, bracers, helmet, bandana, amulet, or whatever is found along the way first, so you end up with quite a lot of random variety.  I just decided body and feet would be the minimum.  Dropping unused items collected along the way is one of the next steps so the NPCs don't pick the place clean of loot, but performing that inventory assessment autonomously is harder than it sounds.

For anyone else following along in this development thread, outside inputs, ideas, and opinions are not only welcome, but extremely helpful!

Good luck with AI. there is a reason there aren't many games with good opponents. The logic, what you've shared at least, makes sense and should work provided the programming can implement it.

I can't remember but I think Vori might be a name of an NPC elsewhere.

I would suggest not dropping items into the world, since they contribute to save bloat, it's better if you just straight up remove the items, or place them inside a container if you must.

Like I know you mentioned RP value, but it's better to sacrifice that to have a healthy save file.

Good luck with AI. there is a reason there aren't many games with good opponents. The logic, what you've shared at least, makes sense and should work provided the programming can implement it.

You are correct about Vori, I just hadn't renamed her yet.  A shame since I'd become fond of that name with her.

[Edit] Actually, she appears to be the only one with that name from sorting the CK Actors by name, so she keeps it!

I would suggest not dropping items into the world, since they contribute to save bloat, it's better if you just straight up remove the items, or place them inside a container if you must.

Like I know you mentioned RP value, but it's better to sacrifice that to have a healthy save file.

I didn't realize it bogged the game down with the items in the world instead of in a container.  I'll either retain the items with the NPC or maybe have the NPC look for a container (or body) to dump the excess.  I might just leave it alone since we're generally talking about junk armor and weapons that the PC could have looted beforehand if desired.  The game world could probably do with fewer fur shoes.

I was told a long time ago not to just drop stuff onto the ground because of (lack of) despawning issues. I usually jettison unwanted items in a chest or on a dead actor.

You could make them only search a loot chest for 'personal belongings' that were taken from them beforehand. This would be whatever you would want to have in the chest. They should naturally only pick out the best of the groupings and only the items that they can use, leaving the rest. It shouldn't be too difficult adding a chest that they can loot out of. This may also work as a way of getting rid of 'useless' items retained on the NPC after being freed. Maybe you could flush the chest when the player leaves the cell and reseed it when he/she/it arrives.

Good luck and I admire your ambition. Unraveling code to update/improve it is really a dog's breakfast.

You are correct about Vori, I just hadn't renamed her yet.  A shame since I'd become fond of that name with her.

[Edit] Actually, she appears to be the only one with that name from sorting the CK Actors by name, so she keeps it!

Vori is an npc in Dawnguard, editor Id DLC1DawnguardExterior02, but it doesn't matter. Use the name if you like it.

I was told a long time ago not to just drop stuff onto the ground because of (lack of) despawning issues. I usually jettison unwanted items in a chest or on a dead actor.

You could make them only search a loot chest for 'personal belongings' that were taken from them beforehand. This would be whatever you would want to have in the chest. They should naturally only pick out the best of the groupings and only the items that they can use, leaving the rest. It shouldn't be too difficult adding a chest that they can loot out of. This may also work as a way of getting rid of 'useless' items retained on the NPC after being freed. Maybe you could flush the chest when the player leaves the cell and reseed it when he/she/it arrives.

Good luck and I admire your ambition. Unraveling code to update/improve it is really a dog's breakfast.

The personal belongings chest is a good idea. It can be kept simple by using an outfit change script similar to the one used by Delphine in Riverwood when she walks to her chest and changes her outfit from farm clothes to leather armor.

I like the idea, could be similar in lore (but not mechanics) of the Prisoner Belongings chest. If someone was captured for ransom they would likely have their things kept and returned to them upon release. Maybe the bandits hadn't had a chance to take them to the fence or the roaming black market dealer hadn't come to the camp since she was captured, and since everyone knows female garb is rather skimpy none of the male bandits wanted to wear it. You could even have a static item that the NPC approaches with an idle marker or a scripted idle (I think they can do that).

Conceptually I do like the idea of the freed prisoner looting the bodies and wearing whatever random assortment of stuff she finds but possibly just to get v1 done, something simpler could be used. v2 could be looting several chests with curses and comments about the bandit's parentage as she doesn't find her stuff and v3 is the full on "loot the bodies and ransack the camp like a player" idea. :angel:

Vori is an npc in Dawnguard, editor Id DLC1DawnguardExterior02, but it doesn't matter. Use the name if you like it.

The personal belongings chest is a good idea. It can be kept simple by using an outfit change script similar to the one used by Delphine in Riverwood when she walks to her chest and changes her outfit from farm clothes to leather armor.

Ah, that explains why I couldn't find another Vori when I looked but did half-remember seeing the name duplicated when searched in-game.  To minimize dependencies I don't have Dawnguard loaded in the CK as part of the mod.  Maybe I'll just give her a last name.

Interesting idea about the personal belongings chest.  The downside of that approach is that I have to:

1. learn a bunch more stuff I don't yet know how to do (Ok with this if there's a worthwhile payoff), and
  2. invent a system where 85 NPCs can do their thing without me having to individually write each NPC's instructions, or
  3. write 85 NPC's individual instructions.

It may be sort of a moot point since as soon as the NPCs journey to a destination, I was going to turn off the SetPlayerTeammate() required for the Equip-Best-Armor behavior and run a SetOutfit() command to shift to something else.  Bit of tail wagging the dog there since the priority is terminating teammate behavior, while also not wanting to have them revert to their original captive gear/bindings.  Using SetOutfit()​ would ignore (I think) the contents of said chest and just spawn (and equip) those items as a package directly onto the NPC.  At least that is my understanding of Outfit use so far from what I've done with them to date.

I'll add this one to the "think upon it" category.

Interesting idea about the personal belongings chest.  The downside of that approach is that I have to:

1. learn a bunch more stuff I don't yet know how to do (Ok with this if there's a worthwhile payoff), and
  2. invent a system where 85 NPCs can do their thing without me having to individually write each NPC's instructions, or
  3. write 85 NPC's individual instructions.

It may be sort of a moot point since as soon as the NPCs journey to a destination, I was going to turn off the SetPlayerTeammate() required for the Equip-Best-Armor behavior and run a SetOutfit() command to shift to something else.  Bit of tail wagging the dog there since the priority is terminating teammate behavior, while also not wanting to have them revert to their original captive gear/bindings.  Using SetOutfit()​ would ignore (I think) the contents of said chest and just spawn (and equip) those items as a package directly onto the NPC.  At least that is my understanding of Outfit use so far from what I've done with them to date.

I'll add this one to the "think upon it" category.

I'd envisioned a static chest that the npc approached and you added the outfit via script. If you cannot make a generic sexslaveprisonerchest and the npc could be told to find and approach it, you could put a marker at it and have the npc walk to the marker, pause, have the outfit added, then change the AI package to head for the next marker (town, if I understand everything).

I like the idea, could be similar in lore (but not mechanics) of the Prisoner Belongings chest. If someone was captured for ransom they would likely have their things kept and returned to them upon release. Maybe the bandits hadn't had a chance to take them to the fence or the roaming black market dealer hadn't come to the camp since she was captured, and since everyone knows female garb is rather skimpy none of the male bandits wanted to wear it. You could even have a static item that the NPC approaches with an idle marker or a scripted idle (I think they can do that).

Conceptually I do like the idea of the freed prisoner looting the bodies and wearing whatever random assortment of stuff she finds but possibly just to get v1 done, something simpler could be used. v2 could be looting several chests with curses and comments about the bandit's parentage as she doesn't find her stuff and v3 is the full on "loot the bodies and ransack the camp like a player" idea. :angel:

You're quite the fountain of good ideas.  Thanks!

Well, I've just sort of perfected what you describe as v1 & v2 (less the bandit's parentage comments -- LOVE that idea!  I think I know how to easily implement it too!)  Since the Acquire search/travel AI takes care of the searching and scans for all criteria items to include items in the open, on bodies ​and​ in chests, the NPCs are already doing most of what you describe.  However, due to the way the Acquire package targets, I'm stuck with their built-in categories.  Here are the useful ones for the ransack behavior:

• All: Combat Wearable
  • All: Wearable
  • Alchemy
  • Arrows
  • Armor
  • Books
  • Food
  • Ingredients
  • Keys
  • Miscellaneous
  • Weapons: Any
  • Weapons: Melee
  • Weapons: Ranged

Using Armor and Weapons: Any​ categories right now.  Not sure what the differences or benefits of using All: Combat Wearable​ or All: Wearable over just Armor are since Armor​ seems to find all wearable items (including regular clothes) less non-magical jewelry.

I can do any/all categories, but only successively one at a time unless I can figure out simultaneous AI searches.  Right now there's a weapon search phase, followed by an armor search phase.  The key to each is telling them when to stop, plus the successive search method would get a little silly since they would search the camp/cave for ALL of one category, then go back to every site for the next category, revisiting a chest or body as many times as there are item categories.  That would be weird.

The other problem introduced by considering v3 is how to tell them when to stop the full on ransack.  Either by weight limit, and/or there is a timer under the schedule tab, but I haven't gotten it to work successfully yet.  More for the "think upon this" list.

I'd envisioned a static chest that the npc approached and you added the outfit via script. If you cannot make a generic sexslaveprisonerchest and the npc could be told to find and approach it, you could put a marker at it and have the npc walk to the marker, pause, have the outfit added, then change the AI package to head for the next marker (town, if I understand everything).

That is something I can probably pull off, since one of the search categories is Containers​.  What I don't particularly want to do is add a bunch more stuff (chests and the like) to the game world at every site just to enable this behavior.  Not only would it be very labor intensive, you introduce the RP discontinuity of her finding stuff in a chest the PC may have just emptied.  There can only be so many false bottoms in chests before it becomes too contrived.  It would, however, be nice to turn off the teammate behavior earlier, and the "Hey, I found my stuff!" would help accomplish this, but it would also void everything I've just done with scavenging and equipping the best stuff --- which is pretty darn impressive, by the way, once you see it.

My current intended solution is to have the NPCs make their way to a travel destination, possibly find a vendor of some sort, then​ do the outfit switch, possibly heading then to another destination to include leaving the game world in some cases.  It keeps the scripting manageable, keeps things in role-playing friendly territory, and keeps it lore friendly as well (at least in my head canon).

Something I just thought of in the RP/lore category was that since many of the captives complain about the bandit's intended plans for them to be sold as pleasure slaves, there's a subjugation agenda there.  I could see them being made to watch while the bandits burned all of their personal items (less valuables that would be divided up amongst the camp) while the captive is made to watch -- i.e., their former life and any hope of returning to it is symbolically going up in smoke.  So that could be why they don't find their stuff and have to scavenge a bit, but also don't do a total ransack since the PC was the one who liberated the camp.

I could maybe throw in an "I found this hidden [thing] and thought you should have it since you released me" sort of reward behavior for captive liberation, assuming the PC is still in cell while the NPC effects and completes the search.  Gems, jewelry or whatever small and valuable the PC would not otherwise find.  Problematic for game logic if the release happens after the captive travels somewhere with the PC -- possible with what I'm thinking about for the bindings removal, among other things.  I'm intending the removal success check to be a function of lockpicking and blacksmithing skills, with a bonus if you're near an anvil/forge with tools available.

I wasn't happy with the "modify the game world by adding a static chest" idea but thought as long as you're dropping in extra npcs it wouldn't hurt too much. Though, npcs that move around are one thing, stuff that sticks out of walls because the terrain was changed is something else entirely.

It does make sense that if the girls were not going to be returned they would not have their stuff to recover.

Might be able to toss in a dialog line to the pc about waiting till she's dressed and she'll show you a hidden cache the boss used. She faked being asleep one night and saw him check it when there weren't any others around. I don't suppose there is a way via dialog to .. I think its "openactorcontainer" the way followers do when you tell them you have something for them to carry, and let the PC give them items right there?

Is there a script or something you can use from the wilderness encounter with the thief and hunter, the "here, hold on to this for a while, snitch or double cross me and i'll kill you" guy? or I guess you could just hand over a random gem.

Do they only get one item from a corpse at a time, or could they loot both "fur armor" and "fur shoes" from one body and be done? If not, is there a way to loop a check on a single target?

Might be able to toss in a dialog line to the pc about waiting till she's dressed and she'll show you a hidden cache the boss used. She faked being asleep one night and saw him check it when there weren't any others around. I don't suppose there is a way via dialog to .. I think its "openactorcontainer" the way followers do when you tell them you have something for them to carry, and let the PC give them items right there?

Dialogue and AddItem() calls in a script are pretty easy with the way the CK is designed.  The hard part is the concept of when to apply such a check.  I wouldn't want it available for all 85 NPCs, or maybe invoked as a random chance with a bonus depending on NPC "Trust" level based on treatment by the PC.  I don't think I would even need to build an object in-world.  I could use the search/travel to AI package for the NPC to go to a container (any container, really, which would actually end up being nicely random), run a "get item" sort of idle animation, then give the item to the PC.  Something I haven't done yet is a sort of report back to the PC (assuming PC still in cell; not sure I would want her hunting the PC down if they've left just to report in that she's equipped) dialogue after the search/equip but before the travel-to-destination.  That would be the place to add something like that gift/reward, and hopefully I could pull it from some sort of levelled list.  No experience with those yet.

Is there a script or something you can use from the wilderness encounter with the thief and hunter, the "here, hold on to this for a while, snitch or double cross me and i'll kill you" guy? or I guess you could just hand over a random gem.

Probably, but no real need to recycle it.  I think I can build that one from scratch pretty easily and I'm still pretty novice at this in a lot of ways.

Do they only get one item from a corpse at a time, or could they loot both "fur armor" and "fur shoes" from one body and be done? If not, is there a way to loop a check on a single target?

One at a time and no way to loop to a single target because the AI script is built into the game, so we're stuck with what it decides to do when called.  The search is omniscient: i.e., it "knows" instantly where everything in the cell is, and picks one at random to go for, then picks another at random the next time.  I also have the range set to 4000 right now, so there's quite a lot of "omniscience" happening -- I may back off on this after I experiment more for what the sweet spot is for this range.  There is a "Randomized Find" box with the AI Acquire Package I have checked, since not checking it results in weird behavior from the AI that halts the search and doesn't move on sometimes, though they do take more from one target that way.  If a newly released captive runs around searching a little erratically in their panic and distress, I could see that.  On the search, the variable you have to select is either what category of item to search for, or what exact item.  I wish there was a category somewhere in between like "boots" or "cuirasses."  It's either search for "Armor" or super specific "Fur Shoes."

This gives me an idea: maybe I could build in multiple searches for common individual items and just sequence down the list.  Each item would need its own AI package search, but that would give me the power to control the search better as well as making sure they go for the best items first, not just what they find first.  The only way I could see something like this working is if I put in "Daedric Boots" as the search item, for example, and there are none within the search radius, that the package hits its "On End" state.  If it doesn't, I have no idea how to tell it to stop looking 'cause there's nothing to be found.

This search and equip business is all quite interesting, but also just cosmetic since the eventual destination SetOutfit() call will make anything found irrelevant.  Migel, the guy that modded the Bathing Beauties Luxury Suite, helped me with the force-best-armor equip section, but he'd mentioned the newest version of the BBLS mod actually has an outfit builder in it.  That would be cool if I was able to use something like that so the NPCs use what they scavenge as their new outfit.  Pie in the sky goal at this point, but interesting to think about.

I get the impression that a lot of Skyrim was built only as far as someone needed to accomplish a quest or event, and done differently by everyone doing their own thing.

Wondering how much all of this work is worth, I start thinking about short cuts to ease it.  Having the slave run to 3 or 4 nearby corpses and just equipping a random item from a list of fur, leather, iron or ... maybe steel from a bandit chief. Otherwise, reaching a corpse still fully dressed and taking only one item before heading to the next just seems silly. 

I suppose RP wise it could be everything else the bandit was wearing was too filthy, large, blood splattered or otherwise unfit for wear.

Heh, another set of possible comments beyond hamsters and elderberries. "I knew they smelled bad and could not always see them, but did they not even wash? Once?" "Hero, while I wouldn't disparage your more than timely rescue, did you have to stab him so many times? He was the cleanest of the lot." "Ah, no. Just no."

<< Stream of consciousness hits a null pointer >>

I didn't realize it bogged the game down with the items in the world instead of in a container.  I'll either retain the items with the NPC or maybe have the NPC look for a container (or body) to dump the excess.  I might just leave it alone since we're generally talking about junk armor and weapons that the PC could have looted beforehand if desired.  The game world could probably do with fewer fur shoes.

Anything dropped on the ground will remain there until the cell is reset, yes that requires extra data in the save file to remember item X and exactly where it is and NO it is not usually a problem unless you are dropping hundreds of items.

Used to be that weapons dropped by enemies on death remained on the cell even after reset, it's why that's was one of the first things the unofficial patch tackled, so weapons seemingly dropped by enemies now just give you access to that enemy's inventory if you're running the patch. It can still happen if you use the disarm shout of that one skill with the shield. It's possible one of the later skyrim patches could have fixed that but I doubt it.

I suppose RP wise it could be everything else the bandit was wearing was too filthy, large, blood splattered or otherwise unfit for wear.

Heh, another set of possible comments beyond hamsters and elderberries. "I knew they smelled bad and could not always see them, but did they not even wash? Once?" "Hero, while I wouldn't disparage your more than timely rescue, did you have to stab him so many times? He was the cleanest of the lot." "Ah, no. Just no."

Three pithy thoughts in response:

1. Awesome.
  2. Love it, it's going in.
  3. I think you just got elevated to a co-author of this mod.

Anything dropped on the ground will remain there until the cell is reset, yes that requires extra data in the save file to remember item X and exactly where it is and NO it is not usually a problem unless you are dropping hundreds of items.

That was sort of what I thought, so I wasn't worrying about it too much.  You're running too close to the edge if a few dropped items push you over it.  Thanks again for the experienced perspective and good advice.

Using Armor and Weapons: Any​ categories right now.  Not sure what the differences or benefits of using All: Combat Wearable​ or All: Wearable over just Armor are since Armor​ seems to find all wearable items (including regular clothes) less non-magical jewelry.

I just ran a couple of tests on using All: Combat Wearable​ or All: Wearable categories for the armor search, and discovered that the game logic considers all weapons as "wearable" so it turned my find armor script into a loot every weapon script.  Drat.

So, I'm stuck with using the Armor category, which also seems to scoop up clothes and at least some magical jewelry so far that I've seen (which I'm Ok with).

The other downright bizarre behavior I witnessed was after a cuirass was looted from a bandit by a freed captive using Randomized Find = False for the Acquire AI package, the next NPC came along and looted an invisible item from the dead bandit, then again and again, stuck there indefinitely.  I had to look up the item load order codes before I realized the NPC was looting the bandit's SOS penis addon which was promptly respawned and looted again.  Apparently the SOS penis addons are considered to be in the Armor category when it comes to searching for the Acquire AI.  If, on the other hand, I use Randomized Find = True for the Acquire AI package it may still do this, but it moves on after just one instance so doesn't get stuck in the loop.  I think I just have to live with this, so yes, there will be a bit of NPC running around during the freed/get armed/armored phase.  I actually really like the behavior; it's sort of fun to watch what they go find and equip.