Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps

I just wrote a very conflicted three sections of intro dialog/background with two of them being captives who were on their way to be Army Recruits for Imperial/Stormcloak.  Their comments naturally drifted into the political (each blaming the other for their situation with the bandits), and I was reminded anew how much I don't like either side.  Neither of them is wholly right or wrong; maybe that's part of the appeal of the story, the moral ambiguity.

Come to think of it, I didn't like the Vigilant of Stendarr section much better, and probably for the same reasons.

[Edit] Solved my own problem.  I had each side sort of acknowledge that the other side wasn't totally to blame for all the problems and then vent their frustration on the bandits instead.

Greetings,

I just stumbled upon the fact that this mod's being worked on again and your plans, Blackbirdwanderer, look really interesting/fun so I'll be following progress.

I don't really have any especially good ideas to suggest atm, but I do hope that you find a way to bring this to completion without a DD dependency. No technical reasons, it's more like Apachii hairs, which, all else aside, because I use UNPSkinny, just don't fit and look, imo, pretty awful - ie: personal preference. On the other hand, I do understand why people use DD for their mods, it's just that the things DD does well aren't the parts of the mods that I want.

Anyway, best of luck with the project, it certainly looks like you've got some great stuff going on here.

First Time Posting in these Forums (and have downloaded SexLab Framework for TES5: Skyrim for now)

Good Job in what you're doing, but here seems to be a problem for what i've seen (Might be Too Long , Didn't Read or Did read specific parts):

the Bandit Slaves that you rescue, and that you're freeing them in a Town or in a City tend to reappear again in the same dungeons (like Embershard Mine, or Valtheim Towers), but with the rescued state, and not the Enslave State (Rescued mean the bandits attack her, or them depending of numbers, and Enslaved mean they don't attack her/them), and cause i have the kuerteTekuromotos Respawn Mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29973/?), they reappear and get Killed if I didn't get them with me, put them inside the Haven Bag, or in a Slave House, and can't get them again.

oh, and about the Haven Bag (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21454/? or http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61845/?), I'll tell you how to store them (but don't store more than 4 people, it isn't that big enough), First You'll require the Follow for Sex mod (here in SexLab Forums), and ask "follow me for sex" (after you got rid of the bandits, and any creature near them, like wolves near a cage and a pillory south of Rorikstead), then (they way i do it), put the cross hair in the Bandit Slave, and equip the Haven Bag, inside the Haven Bag, if they appear, talk to then and put "please go away" (but because they have no where to go, they'll stay in the bag (specially for the Soul Gem Pregnancy mod, where they are in a safe, but small spaced environment).

and if they don't appear, unequip the bag, and try again, until they appear inside the bag.

I can know each and one of them cause of Jaxonz Utilities all-in-one (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60910/?), with the auto namer utility i can know their names, and know which is each one, and cause all of them are Nords (Redguards are pretty rare that i've found, and Manmer (Bretons) and Cyrodiilic (Imperials) Women are more common, but don't like them that much, Only if Elven Captives (Altmer, Bosmer, and Dunmer) were there, but oh well, i'll go for Nord women)

I don't know exactly if the Sex Followers (the bandit slaves of course) got inside the Haven Bag, cause of the UFO (Ultimate Follower Overhaul) or the EFF (Extensible Follower Framework).

but still, good job the one who is Working in this mod. Applauds to you

Greetings,

I just stumbled upon the fact that this mod's being worked on again and your plans, Blackbirdwanderer, look really interesting/fun so I'll be following progress.

I don't really have any especially good ideas to suggest atm, but I do hope that you find a way to bring this to completion without a DD dependency. No technical reasons, it's more like Apachii hairs, which, all else aside, because I use UNPSkinny, just don't fit and look, imo, pretty awful - ie: personal preference. On the other hand, I do understand why people use DD for their mods, it's just that the things DD does well aren't the parts of the mods that I want.

Anyway, best of luck with the project, it certainly looks like you've got some great stuff going on here.

You've inspired me; I looked deeper into the issue of ridding the mod of DD and I think maybe I can pull it off.  Is your objection just the fit of the items since you use UNPSkinny?  I can understand that -- I'm using UNPB over CBBE just because I can get more items to fit with that body, even though I think I actually like CBBE better.  What if I was able to include a body with this mod for the captives that would leave the rest of your Skyrim unaltered?  I know it's possible, it's just a matter of figuring out how.  Anyway, about DD, Right now my planned direction is to bundle the Non-Devious Devices objects into this mod.  I need a device/collar/restraint of some kind since the presence of such is featured prominently in the mod dialogue, scripts, and overall concept.  If I use non-DD there should be no scripts hanging on anything, except ones I want like SexLabNoStrip​.  If I can make it work that is . . .

First Time Posting in these Forums (and have downloaded SexLab Framework for TES5: Skyrim for now)

Good Job in what you're doing, but here seems to be a problem for what i've seen (Might be Too Long , Didn't Read or Did read specific parts):

the Bandit Slaves that you rescue, and that you're freeing them in a Town or in a City tend to reappear again in the same dungeons (like Embershard Mine, or Valtheim Towers), but with the rescued state, and not the Enslave State (Rescued mean the bandits attack her, or them depending of numbers, and Enslaved mean they don't attack her/them), and cause i have the kuerteTekuromotos Respawn Mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29973/?), they reappear and get Killed if I didn't get them with me, put them inside the Haven Bag, or in a Slave House, and can't get them again.

oh, and about the Haven Bag (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21454/? or http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61845/?), I'll tell you how to store them (but don't store more than 4 people, it isn't that big enough), First You'll require the Follow for Sex mod (here in SexLab Forums), and ask "follow me for sex" (after you got rid of the bandits, and any creature near them, like wolves near a cage and a pillory south of Rorikstead), then (they way i do it), put the cross hair in the Bandit Slave, and equip the Haven Bag, inside the Haven Bag, if they appear, talk to then and put "please go away" (but because they have no where to go, they'll stay in the bag (specially for the Soul Gem Pregnancy mod, where they are in a safe, but small spaced environment).

and if they don't appear, unequip the bag, and try again, until they appear inside the bag.

I can know each and one of them cause of Jaxonz Utilities all-in-one (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60910/?), with the auto namer utility i can know their names, and know which is each one, and cause all of them are Nords (Redguards are pretty rare that i've found, and Manmer (Bretons) and Cyrodiilic (Imperials) Women are more common, but don't like them that much, Only if Elven Captives (Altmer, Bosmer, and Dunmer) were there, but oh well, i'll go for Nord women)

I don't know exactly if the Sex Followers (the bandit slaves of course) got inside the Haven Bag, cause of the UFO (Ultimate Follower Overhaul) or the EFF (Extensible Follower Framework).

but still, good job the one who is Working in this mod. Applauds to you

Thanks for taking time to comment!

It appears most of your observations are directed at the original mod by pchs​, and many others have vented their frustration with the behavior of released slaves.  My pchsCaptives mod to ​pchs'​ original work should address your frustrations (I think), and they are all originally named NPCs for now, at least until I can overcome some issues.  The released state seems to be attached to the base NPC, not the individual instance, so that appears to cause a respawned captive be already released upon initializing.  For my first attempt at this, I've turned off respawn for all captives.  Since there are 85 of them I don't see this as a problem that needs solving immediately, so I'll tack it to the growing "things to do" list.

I've already added the three variants of Elven captives you were looking for, so no worries there.  I like the Nord women too, but I've prettied up some Redguard (think Tyra Banks), Imperial, and Breton as well and realized they can be just as appealing.  Though I'm still not sure why Bethesda decided to make Bretons so short!

For Blackbirdwanderer

Well, the mod I've downloaded is the 20150923 thread of the same mod, not the 2014 one.

for the Breton Question, because All the Races of Tamriel have their default height, and Bretons (Manmer) (Along the Wood Elves (Bosmer) are short by nature (being the Wood Elf Female a bit taller than the male, cause Mathriarcal Societies of the Wood Elves)

and for the moment, I'll find a Mod where I can Store more of them (Like a big Residence for Slaves (except for the ones I love to Bang, and get Soul Gems from them), to prevent these Slaves to be killed, or to return to the nearest town, and to not comeback.

Still Thanks that you responded me.

EDIT: I tend to free the bandit Slaves I do not want in Riverwood, or Whiterun Stables (Most Bandit camps that I've seen are in the Whiterun Hold Area, for what I've seen), I don't Know if it is a Valid place to talk to the rescued Slave and put "Go to a Town or Village"-like in those places.

For Blackbirdwanderer

Well, the mod I've downloaded is the 20150923 thread of the same mod, not the 2014 one.

for the Breton Question, because All the Races of Tamriel have their default height, and Bretons (Manmer) (Along the Wood Elves (Bosmer) are short by nature (being the Wood Elf Female a bit taller than the male, cause Mathriarcal Societies of the Wood Elves)

and for the moment, I'll find a Mod where I can Store more of them (Like a big Residence for Slaves (except for the ones I love to Bang, and get Soul Gems from them), to prevent these Slaves to be killed, or to return to the nearest town, and to not comeback.

Still Thanks that you responded me.

Maybe I didn't understand your comments correctly.  Your observations appeared to be about a mod you've already downloaded where my version of the pchs​ authored mod is still under development and has not been released in any form.  Perhaps we're talking apples and oranges.

For Blackbirdwanderer:

Ok, I might be the Wrong one, But seems that I was Using the pchs Version of the Mod, and not the one Under Development from Blackbirdwanderer (You), and was getting a link that was added by another User Called Kenjoka (that was an Actualization of pchs original mod, made in 2015) in Page 5 of 10 (at the Moment) and or the Other link (Posted by Kenjoka) 3 days afterward.

Sorry if by Accident we talked about Apples and Oranges.

You're actually still working on this?! That is EXCELLENT news. I primarily have Defeat installed just for "rescue the damsel" scenarios to play out, but no mods offer damsels that actually acknowledge being saved.

Not just still working, but actively filling the mod with content daily during every moment I can spare away from Real Life.  Glad to know you're interested.

Ok, I'll bite.  What specifically would you like to see in a mainly dialogue based mod that gives the captives some background / attitudes, and eventually some release AI to go off somewhere / do something?  I think I'm filling the gaps left by the original mod that have seemed to annoy everyone the most, but I'm always looking for new ideas.

You may or may not already have an idea of where I'm going depending on how far back you read, but I jumped into the fray at post #125 -- sort of hijacked this thread at that point maybe, but everything I'm doing is a continuation / expansion of the spirit of the original work.

Hmm...maybe just some vanilla gratitude dialogue (maybe edits from beggar dialogue?) before their flee packages kick in. Last time I used this mod (AGES AGO), the captives would just idle around the camp and not flee at all. As long as that gets fixed, this mod is still top tier in my book.

Greetings,

You've inspired me; I looked deeper into the issue of ridding the mod of DD and I think maybe I can pull it off.  Is your objection just the fit of the items since you use UNPSkinny?  I can understand that -- I'm using UNPB over CBBE just because I can get more items to fit with that body, even though I think I actually like CBBE better.  What if I was able to include a body with this mod for the captives that would leave the rest of your Skyrim unaltered?  I know it's possible, it's just a matter of figuring out how.  Anyway, about DD, Right now my planned direction is to bundle the Non-Devious Devices objects into this mod.  I need a device/collar/restraint of some kind since the presence of such is featured prominently in the mod dialogue, scripts, and overall concept.  If I use non-DD there should be no scripts hanging on anything, except ones I want like SexLabNoStrip​.  If I can make it work that is . . .

Thanks for the reply.

What I was trying to say by using the Apachii example was just that: afaik there is nothing wrong with the mod itself technically speaking, but a combination of other stuff in my game and my personal preferences. So, afaik, DD works as intended, I just don't like most of it and I got tired of having 2-3 (more) mods I didn't want just to get another mod to work. Cuffs and collars, however, aren't the problem, and the enchantment ideas you've mentioned make perfect sense to me. So, I guess what I'm saying is that, it's not so much the bindings themselves (though some of those in DD seem like sunglasses to me - fine if you want that in your Skyrim, I just don't - and not judging, I make no claims to being a lore stickler) as all the rest.

About bodies - I am pretty sure that this should be possible if it's what you want to do. Once upon a time I had Bijin Warmaidens in my game, UNP standard version and they worked just fine though some armor didn't fit them quite right. And some of the NPCs added by Skyrimll's Stories mod use CBBE bodies and I didn't have issues with that when I was using the mod.

The bundling idea seems like it would completely address my hopes completely, it would be grand not to have to turn away from yet another mod that has a bunch of neat stuff in it because of my stubborn aversion to DD.

Thanks again, and again, best of luck, whatever you decide to do.

Thanks for the reply.

What I was trying to say by using the Apachii example was just that: afaik there is nothing wrong with the mod itself technically speaking, but a combination of other stuff in my game and my personal preferences. So, afaik, DD works as intended, I just don't like most of it and I got tired of having 2-3 (more) mods I didn't want just to get another mod to work. Cuffs and collars, however, aren't the problem, and the enchantment ideas you've mentioned make perfect sense to me. So, I guess what I'm saying is that, it's not so much the bindings themselves (though some of those in DD seem like sunglasses to me - fine if you want that in your Skyrim, I just don't - and not judging, I make no claims to being a lore stickler) as all the rest.

About bodies - I am pretty sure that this should be possible if it's what you want to do. Once upon a time I had Bijin Warmaidens in my game, UNP standard version and they worked just fine though some armor didn't fit them quite right. And some of the NPCs added by Skyrimll's Stories mod use CBBE bodies and I didn't have issues with that when I was using the mod.

The bundling idea seems like it would completely address my hopes completely, it would be grand not to have to turn away from yet another mod that has a bunch of neat stuff in it because of my stubborn aversion to DD.

Thanks again, and again, best of luck, whatever you decide to do.

Got it; I followed up since you're not the only person to ask about NOT having DD dependency.  Right now that is my goal since when I looked through what DD was doing for me, it wasn't very much and it took up three mod slots with its companions.  I can get what I need from the non-DD mod and merge it into mine.  What I'm pulling from the non-DD mod should still be in the lore friendly category . . .  maybe as little as 2-3 different collars and/or wrist/ankle restraints -- that's all.  If I can do this as a one file mod, I will.

Just to clarify expectations for planned mod master dependency, some of the features and script logic I want to implement will require:

• SexLab - by Ashal                                     (This was required by the original mod; provides animation framework)
  • ZaZ Animation Pack - by xaz, ZaZ Chris       (This was required by the original mod; provides furniture, devices, animations)
  • SexLabAroused Redux - by fishburger67      (Specifically designed to "minimize the papyrus impact of Aroused")
  • ApachiiSkyHair - by Apachii                           (Intend to make a version that uses Apachii Hairs & Apachii Female Hairs as well as a version without.)

Optional:

• More Bandit Camps by skillest                      (My mod would run without this, but you might find some captives alone in odd places; I would probably produce a version without the MBC sites populated for those who think there are already plenty of bandit sites.)
  • Other SexLab/SLAL/NSAP animations as the user desires.

I would hope anyone considering this mod update would already be running these other mods anyway, but who knows?

Hmm...maybe just some vanilla gratitude dialogue (maybe edits from beggar dialogue?) before their flee packages kick in. Last time I used this mod (AGES AGO), the captives would just idle around the camp and not flee at all. As long as that gets fixed, this mod is still top tier in my book.

Already planned to do the gratitude dialogue, but I hadn't thought of using existing (voiced) dialogue for it.  That's an interesting idea that sounds worth investigating.  In any case, there WILL be gratitude dialogue of some form.

For after that, I'm not planning on using the flee packages as written, especially since they don't work correctly.  (I've got released captives successfully sandboxing now, and you can talk to them post-release which is at least an improvement.)  I've still got to work out the scripting, but my plan is to have (assuming area bandits are dead) one AI script have them search the area/bodies for something to wear.  If success, then search for weapons (then food? -- maybe/not).  At the end, head off to a destination, and I've already sketched out a list of possible end points to include some who depart Skyrim via one of the passes.  For those who remain, they may tell you where they're going (depending on final RelationshipRank) and to look them up if you part on good terms.  At that point they're available for follower recruitment (in some cases), prostitute recruitment (TDF), or whatever other mod anyone may want to apply.  If the PC decided instead to continue the subjugation, they could be used for Paradise Halls or whatever.

Sound good?

That already sounds amazing. Like I said, there really isn't any mod that does what this one sets out to accomplish. It's lore friendly, has unlimited possibilities for integration with other Sexlab mods, and just makes the bandit camps feel dangerous as they should. I'll definitely be following.

Keep up the great work!

Disclaimer up front: Just to avoid confusion, this post and all subsequent from me on this thread relate to my update mod currently being worked for SexSlavesForVanillaBanditCamps, not to the original mod by pchs or the update by Kenjoka.  Since this thread was all but dead, I don't feel bad hijacking it until the BanditCaptives (working title) mod I'm developing is ready for Beta.

Mod progress update: CK is a finicky bastard!  I did manage to remove Devious Devices from the mod (as promised), but it caused my entire dialogue view section (the heart of the mod) to crash upon access every single time.  There's no relationship there, it's just a glitchy behavior in the CK and it happens every time I alter the mod dependencies.  After a lot of experimenting with TES5Edit I managed to recover the dialogue and import it into a version without extra mod dependency.  Unfortunately, that process absorbed what little time I have for most of a week and I spent more time than I care to admit deleting "DUPLICATE" from NPC files, factions, and dialogue topics.  I now have all of the items I wanted to use from Devious Devices supplied from Dreamweaver's Non-Devious Devices mod instead (all items free of Papyrus script / load), and have those things wrapped up and merged with other clothing items in a .esm file.

In the process, I came to the realization that due to the often unstable nature of CK and the dialogue views (this wasn't the first time), I need to minimize changes to mod dependency for the core mod.  As such, I've built the aforementioned .esm (master) file called Captive_Clothes.esm which will allow me to pull things in and out of it without crashing the .esp (plugin) dialogue section.  This is a slight departure from my goal of having this mod be just one .esp/.esm but I think I can hold it to just these two.  The other advantage that will give me is the ability to provide versions to support different body meshes.  The one I'm working right now is for UNP/UNPB, but next in line will be a CBBE variant.

On a positive note, I've got just about everything recovered and working again, and have started to build outfits using bits and pieces of other mods.

Point of interest: does anyone knows where I can get a version of Gatti's Yumiko suits for UNP/UNPB that IS enabled for weight slider (if it exists)?  I would greatly appreciate it.  I love the mesh body suit, but for UNP/UNPB it only works with NPC weight at 100%, otherwise you get a neck gap.

For gameplay concerns, right now I've got four stages of dialogue Persuade/Intimidate checks (must pass both) for captive subjugation -- with a SexLab scene for each successful attempt.  i.e., You didn't release them right away, so you're interested in another path.  Intimidate Success is a built-in logic in the game based on relative character level and AI Attribute Confidence level, but the Persuade check can be whatever a mod author wants and is based on PC SpeechCraft ability.  Right now the checks I have set are at 25, 45, 55, and 75.  The final one at 75 is required for the final subjugation stage, but I'm wondering if it's too high.  (Opinions anyone?)  I wanted it to be a challenge and not too easy, but 75 might be setting the bar pretty far up there . . . but then I think about the enchanted item "help" like amulets of Dibella, Masque of Clavicus Vile, etc. that put these higher numbers in reach for low to mid level PCs.  Eventually I'll get around to building it into a script that includes arousal level from SexLab Aroused as a modifier to the check (so aroused captives are easier to subjugate), but I still need a ballpark number to set.  Once it's in script form, I can probably make it variable and unique for every captive too.  I could even do moon phase as a minor modifier to this check if I could figure out the script call to detect it.

The other thing I'm pondering is whether to include Speechcraft experience or not for a successful Persuade.  The reason I'm leaning towards not including experience right now is with ~85 captives, racking up SpeechCraft experience like that may be game breaking.  (Thoughts anyone?)  I believe skill levels increase exponentially, so perhaps a flat experience amount would be Ok.  It could give a boost early game, but be negligible later on.

Point of interest: does anyone knows where I can get a version of Gatti's Yumiko suits for UNP/UNPB that IS enabled for weight slider (if it exists)?  I would greatly appreciate it.  I love the mesh body suit, but for UNP/UNPB it only works with NPC weight at 100%, otherwise you get a neck gap.

Have you considered including Bodyslide files for the outfits with your mod? It would allow users to generate the weight slider-enabled outfits in whatever body shape they want and would save you the trouble of making alternate versions of the mod.

I did a quick search and did not find a Bodyslide version of the Yumiko outfit, but I'm sure that myself or others here can provide some assistance with making the conversions.

Have you considered including Bodyslide files for the outfits with your mod? It would allow users to generate the weight slider-enabled outfits in whatever body shape they want and would save you the trouble of making alternate versions of the mod.

I did a quick search and did not find a Bodyslide version of the Yumiko outfit, but I'm sure that myself or others here can provide some assistance with making the conversions.

I've never been good with BodySlide and I've only had erratic success with its use, but I've also not dedicated a huge amount of time to it either since I've formerly been mostly a user of other people's mods, not a creator.  I'd gladly accept help from anyone willing to lend a hand because I certainly have enough on my plate with the rest of the mod.  Thanks for the offer!  I'll let you know when I narrow in on specifics, but for now if you or anyone else wants to convert the Gatti Yumiko outfit, there's one more additional mesh I'd like to include that also only operates correctly at 100 body weight.

I've never been good with BodySlide and I've only had erratic success with its use, but I've also not dedicated a huge amount of time to it either since I've formerly been mostly a user of other people's mods, not a creator.  I'd gladly accept help from anyone willing to lend a hand because I certainly have enough on my plate with the rest of the mod.  Thanks for the offer!  I'll let you know when I narrow in on specifics, but for now if you or anyone else wants to convert the Gatti Yumiko outfit, there's one more additional mesh I'd like to include that also only operates correctly at 100 body weight.

Bodyslide is easy, run it, turn on the Preview, pick a preset Body style, Optionally you can then use the sliders to make minor changes to that body, press the Build button to create the body you selected. Then turn on the "Build Morphs" checkbox and press the "Batch Build" button to cause it to build all the clothes and armors to fit the body you created.

You may have to select from some optional variations (HDT or non HDT) for some things but after you make those selections the batch build will run and when it's done you will have the body you selected and the items you have that support Bodyslide will fit the body while items that don't support Bodyslide will as always alter your body to whatever body they were built with.

Bodyslide is easy, run it, turn on the Preview, pick a preset Body style, Optionally you can then use the sliders to make minor changes to that body, press the Build button to create the body you selected. Then turn on the "Build Morphs" checkbox and press the "Batch Build" button to cause it to build all the clothes and armors to fit the body you created.

You may have to select from some optional variations (HDT or non HDT) for some things but after you make those selections the batch build will run and when it's done you will have the body you selected and the items you have that support Bodyslide will fit the body while items that don't support Bodyslide will as always alter your body to whatever body they were built with.

Thanks for the guidance!  It seemed pretty straightforward when I've tried it in the past, but I got errors loading the preset Body style.  I'll investigate further, but I'm buried in trying to accomplish other things that are mod-critical right now as I press hard to get to the point of turning out a Beta version for people to tinker with and provide feedback / suggestions.

What I really want to know right now is how to dynamically add an AI package to an NPC, and it sounds like the best way is via an alias assigned from a script command if that is possible.  If I can do that I won't have to manually add the package to all 85 NPCs in the mod.  I've done everything so far via factions, and haven't used an alias in the mod yet, but I think I need to for NPC on NPC scene functionality.  CK tutorial is vague at best and I haven't found anything clear on the forums yet on what I want to do -- still looking.

Thanks for the guidance!  It seemed pretty straightforward when I've tried it in the past, but I got errors loading the preset Body style.  I'll investigate further, but I'm buried in trying to accomplish other things that are mod-critical right now as I press hard to get to the point of turning out a Beta version for people to tinker with and provide feedback / suggestions.

What I really want to know right now is how to dynamically add an AI package to an NPC, and it sounds like the best way is via an alias assigned from a script command if that is possible.  If I can do that I won't have to manually add the package to all 85 NPCs in the mod.  I've done everything so far via factions, and haven't used an alias in the mod yet, but I think I need to for NPC on NPC scene functionality.  CK tutorial is vague at best and I haven't found anything clear on the forums yet on what I want to do -- still looking.

Look in the scripts that come with the Sexlab Framework, one script named ActorUtil.PSC might be exactly what you need.

Look in the scripts that come with the Sexlab Framework, one script named ActorUtil.PSC might be exactly what you need.

Wow, you're right; I think that was exactly what I was looking for!  You quite likely saved me days of hunting for a solution.  Tremendous thanks! 

Wow, you're right; I think that was exactly what I was looking for!  You quite likely saved me days of hunting for a solution.  Tremendous thanks! 

So it didn't work in my test script and I can't figure out why.  Any ideas, anyone?  Am I incorrect in presuming AddPackageOverride does not need a Property definition since it is defined as a global function within ActorUtil?  The package _pchsCaptiveFollow​ referenced is a pre-tested package to follow the PC.  It works perfectly when attached manually in CK to a given actor.  This script is attempting to dynamically add it to an NPC engaged in dialogue.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Scriptname TIF__09025F57 Extends TopicInfo Hidden

;BEGIN FRAGMENT Fragment_0
Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
;BEGIN CODE

debug.notification("Captive following Player?")

ActorUtil.AddPackageOverride(akSpeaker, _pchsCaptiveFollow, 100, 0)

;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

;END FRAGMENT CODE - Do not edit anything between this and the begin comment

Package Property _pchsCaptiveFollow auto

So it didn't work in my test script and I can't figure out why.  Any ideas, anyone?  Am I incorrect in presuming AddPackageOverride does not need a Property definition since it is defined as a global function within ActorUtil?  The package _pchsCaptiveFollow​ referenced is a pre-tested package to follow the PC.  It works perfectly when attached manually in CK to a given actor.  This script is attempting to dynamically add it to an NPC engaged in dialogue.  Thanks in advance for any help!

;BEGIN CODE

;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

Are you logging Papyrus? When testing your mod you should always be logging Papyrus and even if the mod appeared to work be checking the Papyrus log for errors related to your mod.

If there is a property item on a script, it ought to be set but no, you don't need to define properties for scripts. When the script is compiled it will let you know if it doesn't recognize a script.

;BEGIN CODE

;END CODE
EndFunction
;END FRAGMENT

Are you logging Papyrus? When testing your mod you should always be logging Papyrus and even if the mod appeared to work be checking the Papyrus log for errors related to your mod.

If there is a property item on a script, it ought to be set but no, you don't need to define properties for scripts. When the script is compiled it will let you know if it doesn't recognize a script.

I had not been logging Papyrus, but I added a debug.trace and enabled the log with the following result after the script ran.  I found it unilluminating, but then I have next to no experience debugging via the log.

[Edit / Solved]  Problem was I'm an idiot and forgot about the triggering condition I'd built into the package from the test where it was attached directly to the NPC.  Once I removed it, AddPackageOverride operated exactly like I wanted and is just the powerful tool I need to continue with condition based behaviors.  Thanks again for the assist!  Now I can get out of the troubleshooting mode and back to building.

Disclaimer up front: Just to avoid confusion, this post and all subsequent from me on this thread relate to my update mod currently being worked for SexSlavesForVanillaBanditCamps, not to the original mod by pchs or the update by Kenjoka.  Since this thread was all but dead, I don't feel bad hijacking it until the BanditCaptives (working title) mod I'm developing is ready for Beta.

​Progress update:

1. The ability to dynamically add and remove AI packages is a huge advantage.  As such, I've now got a working prototype for released captives to journey to a destination site.  Eventually I may even make these random, but for now they'll be assigned to each named NPC.  I was thinking this feature of the mod was going to have to wait until a post-beta test version, but I already have it working now.
  2. Also with packages I was able to get a great start on newly released captives searching the area for something better to wear, to include looting the bodies of their captors, and in one test I ran it included robbing other captives.  When I was testing the AI behavior, I started by spawning cabbages and the NPC AI would target retrieving a set number of them before ending.  It worked, but was also strangely funny and I'm regretting not taking screenshots of the great cabbage hunt.  It will be a simple matter of copying the armor searching AI and changing it to weapons.
  3. What is proving more challenging is figuring out the scripting behavior for an NPC, once she has gathered several armor items, to sort them and put on the best one.  I'm thinking of doing this via an array (or three) of the inventory armor items and having each element compared for either armor class or price, with the best sent to a field that would then be equipped.  Easier said than done, and if anyone has any ideas on the specifics of doing it, I'd appreciate hearing them.
  4. The other thing I haven't quite figured out yet is how to make the NPC drop the unequipped items (mostly so that other captives can find and take them).  I've seen no version of "dropitem" like there is with "getitem," "equipitem," "removeitem," etc.  I guess I could do the same array trick as the inventory and as each excess item is deleted, spawn a copy of the item at the feet of the actor NPC.  Again, if someone has a creative way of achieving this, I'm certainly listening.