Sex animations.

i think idlegive.hkx just defines how the animation plays? I dont think the actual animation has any relation to the behavior graph (that those .txt files probably relate to)

but maybe if we can force that tool to work on the behavior graphs... ima hunt the internet for an old copy of the behavior tool havok released a while back

HBT 6.6 If you are interested...

I am going to look at some other routes till my anger subsides after fiddling with that program. I can tell you that there is some info in there but it seems that everything relevant is packed into some bit code that with out the source or a couple of months of hell it is going to be a pain to decrypt.

I am cheering you guys on, because I think HBT is some proprietary BS!!!

I had a bit play with creating a human beast race, just to see how hard it was.

It all went fairly well until I got to the face. I ticked the box that says "uses face data" and was able to get a list of face parts, but it wouldn't let me add any head other than a manikin head

It may be that I missed another tickbox that unlocks the other head parts. (I think I managed to get hair enabled, but it didn't show on the manikin head) Or it could be that the selection is keyword driven, or that some head parts are avilable for humans and others for beasts. I suppose we could try cloning the human head parts and setting them as available for beasts, but I'm not at all sure of my ground here.

The other question is how to copy the face from the participants onto their sexed up doubles. I wonder how much would carry over in any case. Probably not a lot looking at the werewolf transform.

I'll let some of that settle in a bit and see if anything occurs

wow this is giving me a headache too. Why did bethes make this CK so much worse? You can hardly do anything except little tweaks to stuff they already have in game. I mean it shouldnt be this hard to enable scripted animation commands. The fact we have to replace the idle anim just to see ONE dance animation is sad.

shot in the dark here. what about spell animations instead of idle's? like the one from oblivion that created a giant plant that has its way with females. it was a spell you would cast. i have seen some new created spells and there animations on the nexus. so after reading what you were all saying figured id toss out an idea. mind you i have no knowledge of modding at all. so like i said its a shot in the dark.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/539562-havok-animation-tutorial-very-easy-video/page__p__4391051__hl__animation__fromsearch__1#entry4391051

Did some more poking around' date=' found something that mat be useful. It looks kinda inane but thought maybe it has something you can use.

In particular this

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Working_with_animations_in_Skyrim

[/quote']

The problem isn't so much one of creating or converting animations as it is one of how to launch the animations in game.

The problems is, apparently, that you can't just write

actor.PlayAnimation("path\to\my_animation.hkx")

because the function doesn't exist in Papyrus. The only reliable way to make an animation play would appear to be

actor.PlayIdle(idleAnimationObject)

So the sticking point becomes "how do we create new idle animation objects. How do we get "path\to\animation.hkx" inside myIdleAnimation?

The idles we can use are all built into the game. The Idle object in Papyrus is opaque. There are no methods or properties exposed for us to alter, so we can't do it like that.

The gameplay->animation screen does let us duplicate animations, and even change the pathname on the new ones ... I've been assuming these don't show up in game, but I've not tested that.

And I'm away from my dev box until Friday night now, as well, which is a pain. Has anyone else tried that approach? It seems a bit too obvious, but I'd hate to think the answer had been staring us in the face all this time.

Behavior files! Where all the animations and their appropriate references are cataloged (Each entry has both an Animation Event name, and a path). Unfortunately we cannot change these files with the CK, we can only change how they are conditioned. Rather useless with respect to custom animations. If we are only able to edit one behavior file even with custom tools that would pose a huge problem, the best solution at that point would be to add some few hundred or thousand dummy entries for modders to use. I imagine it wouldn't be impossible to just hack one duplicated and altered animation entry in the behavior file to be tested.

the gameplay-> animation screen has no filepaths' date=' only idle names, and doesnt allow you to create more entries for an already existing creature.

Iy does allow you to import a behavior file for a new creature, but that doesnt help us :P

[/quote']

I thought I'd managed to duplicate one of the loose idles and then paste in a new path. But I may well be confising that with adding animation details for a new race (which looks like it can't be changed, but you can paste into the field anyway).

I'm away from my dev box, or I'd have tried it before posting :(

If we are only able to edit one behavior file even with custom tools that would pose a huge problem' date=' the best solution at that point would be to add some few hundred or thousand dummy entries for modders to use. I imagine it wouldn't be impossible to just hack one duplicated and altered animation entry in the behavior file to be tested.

[/quote']

That'll be the trick of it :)

sadly the issue is that changing the length of the behavior files at all makes them invalid and so the games doesnt load them. Somewhere theres a variable that has the exact length of each of the behavior files in them, and then checks to see if they are of the correct length before loading them. I dont know where this is... but im starting to suspect it may be hardcoded... :(

if it is, then the only option is to wait for skse to add a function to load animations for us

Long time lurker here. On casualmods.net, RSV gives a tutorial on how he imported animations into Skyrim. I don't understand any of it really, much like I don't understand much of what you folks are tinkering with. ;)

Would you be interested in looking at a translated version? I hang out on russian mod sites quite a bit.

As far as I can understand the problem is not about importing animations. Suppose there are 100 animations defined in the game, you can replace any of them, no problems with it. The problem is when you try go 100+x, you can't. There is no way of adding extra animations at the moment, due to how bethesda implemented the animation system.

So if there's anything in that tutorial that doesn't replace any stock animations, it might be of use.

Disclaimer: I don't kow much about this stuff either and am not working on this.

sadly the issue is that changing the length of the behavior files at all makes them invalid and so the games doesnt load them. Somewhere theres a variable that has the exact length of each of the behavior files in them' date=' and then checks to see if they are of the correct length before loading them. I dont know where this is... but im starting to suspect it may be hardcoded... :(

if it is, then the only option is to wait for skse to add a function to load animations for us

[/quote']

I really doubt that it's just a length issue as they are all different lengths. hkxs are archives, like zip or rar files, that you cannot directly edit. You need to edit the 'source' form, like the .xml file I posted, and then recompile it to .hkx. hkxcmd can convert both ways, however it does not support behaviors at this time.

Ah, gotcha. After digging a bit further, like in their working dance mod, that's exactly what they did. They changed the existing npc_applauds2.hkx animation file and tied it into a new dialogue tree that allows you to ask an NPC to dance with you.

Ah well.

Just a heads up for animation modders/aspiring animation modders,

Hey guys! Glad to see my mod is being mentioned places.

Yes it currently has its flaws but it's all steps to a much bigger mod introducing an entire strip club type place.

Making very good progress on the technical side of things and soon the mod wont have to replace the stock animations any more.

Keep an eye on the mod page for updates. If you have any tips/advice then let me know :) keen to hear from people.

Author of : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8714

It sound like Tr1dae might have cracked what you need to do to add new animations.

It sound like Tr1dae might have cracked what you need to do to add new animations.

Nope :(

NOTES: Due to my inexperience with the CK this mod replaces current vanilla anims. I haven't found a way to import and trigger unique anims yet - if you know then PM me.

That's the problem, right there. Still, someone else working on it is good.

Thats from the 14th' date=' his post today suggests he has made progress.

[/quote']

That would be this then?

On a side note - research into getting a special "Stripper" character with unique non conflicting animations is going well. . . stay tuned!

That does sounds promising. I hope he gets it to work :)