Sex animations.

It's better news than it may initially sound like, to be honest. I'm not sure what's available for BSA support libraries, but if there is anything reasonable out there, writing something to create a new BSA from a directory (structure) full of hkx's and the like would not be very difficult.

Another tool that could be launched from a mod manager during mod install to do the BSA registration shouldn't be too difficult either.

I'm useless when it comes to havok and other animation stuff, but coding tools like those two is right up my alley.

Don't know if anybody has posted this yet but I'll go ahead and post it.

http://casualmods.net/index.php/tes-v-skyrim/adult-animatsiya

Might need to login to the site.

*Edit*

Herp. Looked back a page and saw that it was posted. I'll go back to cutting the corn field now :P

great, awesome but I have totally no Idea how to use the mod as I am new to the idle thing. Still trying to figure out the Ck so I am quite bad at the point of creating mods.

It's better news than it may initially sound like' date=' to be honest. I'm not sure what's available for BSA support libraries, but if there is anything reasonable out there, writing something to create a new BSA from a directory (structure) full of hkx's and the like would not be very difficult.

[/quote']

Well, there's a BSA browser and a creator built into FOMM. I don't know how decoupled it is from the code, but it would be a good starting point.

Another tool that could be launched from a mod manager during mod install to do the BSA registration shouldn't be too difficult either.

Yeah. You could have a command line util so NMM (which seems to be what FOMM now officially is) could do a scripted repack. And that's just the sort of feature they like to build into the wrye tools.

Always assuming we can crack the format. But like philipcollin says, it's only a matter of time.

well for the users to see the animation ingame you wouldnt need to repack the behavior files back into a bsa, just putting them in the file structure in the correct folder (in this case meshes/actors/character/behaviors) will be sufficient.

However in the ck the new animations wont show up until you repack the behavior files back into the bsa, so its only an issue for modders (assuming we can get this all working :P)

It's better news than it may initially sound like' date=' to be honest. I'm not sure what's available for BSA support libraries, but if there is anything reasonable out there, writing something to create a new BSA from a directory (structure) full of hkx's and the like would not be very difficult.

[/quote']

Well, there's a BSA browser and a creator built into FOMM. I don't know how decoupled it is from the code, but it would be a good starting point.

Yeah. You could have a command line util so NMM (which seems to be what FOMM now officially is) could do a scripted repack. And that's just the sort of feature they like to build into the wrye tools.

Always assuming we can crack the format. But like philipcollin says' date=' it's only a matter of time.

[/quote']

Command line util was exactly what I was thinking, and I'm already digging around in the FOMM code as I intend to fork it. To hell with NMM. ;)

Bloody hell, go do other things for a few hours, come back and you buggers have cracked it. Cheers to philipcollin this is amazing.:)

While gainfully engaged elsewhere I had come to the conclusion that maybe the .txt files were not what was being used by the behavior files, but what was used to create the behavior files - i.e. some sort of compilation tool reads the .txts and uses the info to create a behavior file or set of behavior files. The odd numbers would then be a sort of addressing system within the behavior file. Probably an in house bitcode rather than simple hex address but there's always a chance.

At least one of the .txt files is just a list of other .txt files, I wonder if that is the one that determines the length of the list in the behavior file. Now we have to find the field that holds file/list length and change it.

The idea of using a duplicate beast race to swap in/out looks promising as well. Dual attacks and the impenetrable edifice looks ready to crumble.

Thanks to Fore for pointing out the other behavior files that needed looking at.

I think that we are now well on the way to being able to edit those behaviors and that means, yes, adding paths to new animations.

We have now progressed. No longer are we "The Blind leading the Blind" we have now achieved the rank of "Infinite Monkeys". :D

Bloody hell' date=' go do other things for a few hours, come back and you buggers have cracked it. Cheers to philipcollin this is amazing.:)

While gainfully engaged elsewhere I had come to the conclusion that maybe the .txt files were not what was being used by the behavior files, but what was used to [b']create[/b] the behavior files - i.e. some sort of compilation tool reads the .txts and uses the info to create a behavior file or set of behavior files. The odd numbers would then be a sort of addressing system within the behavior file. Probably an in house bitcode rather than simple hex address but there's always a chance.

At least one of the .txt files is just a list of other .txt files, I wonder if that is the one that determines the length of the list in the behavior file. Now we have to find the field that holds file/list length and change it.

The idea of using a duplicate beast race to swap in/out looks promising as well. Dual attacks and the impenetrable edifice looks ready to crumble.

Thanks to Fore for pointing out the other behavior files that needed looking at.

I think that we are know well on the way to being edit those behaviors and that means, yes, adding paths to new animations.

We have now progressed. No longer are we "The Blind leading the Blind" we have now achieved the rank of "Infinite Monkeys". :D

well im currently running the game with the bsa unpacked and removed, and then the folders meshes/ animationdata, animationsetdata, genericbehaviors and all the .txt files removed. (this runs mostly fine except some animations, which are fixed by readding animationdata and setdata).

This leads me to believe the .txt files arent used ingame, but i may be wrong.

While gainfully engaged elsewhere I had come to the conclusion that maybe the .txt files were not what was being used by the behavior files' date=' but what was used to [b']create[/b] the behavior files - i.e. some sort of compilation tool reads the .txts and uses the info to create a behavior file or set of behavior files. The odd numbers would then be a sort of addressing system within the behavior file.

Yes. That's been buzzing at the back of my mind as well.

Probably an in house bitcode rather than simple hex address but there's always a chance.

Or a hash key. Or a set of indices into a multi-dimensional matrix

"To be, or not to be. That is the gnzorglesplatt!" :)

@philipcollin No. I think that you are right.

I think that the .txt files may be detritus of the process used to create the behavior .hkxs. So they have a relationship, were used to create the behavior files and are only written/read again when a new animation is added (probably using the tools we don't have).

They may be useful if we duplicate or get access to that process, but direct editing of the .hxk certainly seems to be the best way forward. The .txt files might give some clues as to the structure though.

well im currently running the game with the bsa unpacked and removed' date=' and then the folders meshes/ animationdata, animationsetdata, genericbehaviors and all the .txt files removed. (this runs mostly fine except some animations, which are fixed by readding animationdata and setdata).

This leads me to believe the .txt files arent used ingame, but i may be wrong.

[/quote']

Mmmm... but they may be left over from the in-house program that built the BSAs. Which wouldn't help us directly, but they could still hold usful information. Especially since the order is the same as gameplay->anmations screen in the CK.

Which isn't the same thing as knowing how to make use of that information, of course.

Have you compared the content of the .txt' date=' .hkx, and the .xml file that hkxcmd produces from the hkx?

[/quote']

i dont think anyone has, can you do it?

also the behavior files the game uses are specified in 0_master, so im thinking that thats where the actual size/checksums or whatever are specified

Well answering the firt post and already giving a tip on how to work the animations in game...

1 - In the folder Female on the ZIP you will find 3 files, the same goes with the Male folder.

2 - Put these 3 files in their respective folders that should be under meshes\actors\character\animations\.

3 - Now, you must choose ONE of the files and rename it to mt_idle.hkx, so if you want the pose Pose01female.hkx to work in game, you have to rename it to mt_idle.hkx.

4 - While in game, you will notice male and female characters already doing those animations, so, activate the console, choose a npc, type " setunconscious 1 " then the npc will stay in that position, do the same with your character.

On the same site you will find a comment like this which by the way was made by me, i'm max1942 in there.

I haven't dug through/extracted all the different BSAs and so on yet, can someone who has run a quick search and tell me if there's a bow_idledrawn.txt file? The hxkcmd thing won't convert all the hkx files.. I don't have a file for the flute for example. I don't know if it couldn't convert it, or if it just wasn't in the BSA I extracted (animations).

(scratch that, figured out my error. Back to searching and converting.)

Ok flute is a no go, probably due to the behavior thing, but I did find a txt that had a corresponding hkx that was able to convert properly; meshes\actors\character\animations\idlegive.

The .txt says:

V3
IdleGive

The .hkx once converted to XML is attached as it's too large to include in the post, there is one interesting section though, as it's the only tag that has 'version="3"' which may correspond to the 'V3' in the text file.

I haven't dug into the XML to see if there are any other entries that are more promising, but I did find some bits that may help with decoding... This is from the hkaSplineCompressedAnimation object in the XML:

x40155555 
x41080000 
x3df0f0f1 
x3d088888 

i think idlegive.hkx just defines how the animation plays? I dont think the actual animation has any relation to the behavior graph (that those .txt files probably relate to)

but maybe if we can force that tool to work on the behavior graphs... ima hunt the internet for an old copy of the behavior tool havok released a while back

i think idlegive.hkx just defines how the animation plays? I dont think the actual animation has any relation to the behavior graph (that those .txt files probably relate to)

but maybe if we can force that tool to work on the behavior graphs... ima hunt the internet for an old copy of the behavior tool havok released a while back

hkx's are containers (Havok archives), they store actual mesh data, animation data, etc. There is actual compressed animation data in that file I uploaded, in the 'data' array which starts around line 340.

69 0 0 0 69 4 0 0 69 6 0 0 69 6 0 0 
     69 112 240 0 69 0 4 0 69 1 225 0 69 4 148 0 
     69 4 240 0 69 1 240 0 69 4 148 0 69 4 240 0 
     69 7 240 0 69 4 60 0 69 4 60 0 69 7 225 0 
     69 4 52 0 69 4 52 0 69 6 195 0 69 4 22 0