Sex animations.

I am confused by some of the responses to this thread' date=' some people are posting its impossible to make these animations and then other people are posting links to clearly non vanilla animations. So what is the real story here, are we going to be seeing more and more custom animations or is it all just an illusion?

[/quote']

The confusion is whether you can implement new animations as anything other than replacements of existing animations. So, for example the various sex animations may just replace say, the sleeping animations, as with the Lydia masturbation mod. In the case of the one with the animations being triggered by dialogue, they could just be using a script to trigger the sleeping animation, which they've replaced with their own custom sex animations. Of course that wouldn't really be practical for actually playing with.

I think I rest my case. You guys don't read the posts, or simply deny reality.

This is likely a silly question' date=' but needs must...

Has anyone tried the chsbhc and bbp method of adding animations? I ran across the tutorial on nexus (shudders) and the creator seems to be having some success with it.

[/quote']

CSHBHC is NOT a new method of adding animations. Besides changing skeleton and meshes it's a modification and replacement of existing standard animations. Like I have done in my mod (see the signature).

Welp...

This guy got an idle to trigger using a spell effect: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8737

And as far as I can tell' date=' adding animations is as simple as creating a new animation object associated with the hkx file you want. EDIT: Or something: http://www.creationkit.com/Idle_Animations EDIT2: Animation objects don't look like the answer to me actually. There may be something with idle markers or something else, but...

Now I confess that I really don't know anything about animation, but it doesn't seem to me like there's any problem at all, unless I'm completely misunderstanding what you think the problem is.

If anyone wants to provide an animation file I'd be happy to try to put it in the game as a non-replacer.

[/quote']

The mod "Animation for the people" doesn't add any new animation. Its simply a way to make abitrary characters perform EXISTING anmiations. Nothing else.

And what does the "Idle Animations" wiki prove? You don't see the relevance. "Anim Event" is the problem. You would have to extend that, if you want to use a new Idle, but have NO WAY to do so.

When I say NEW I mean IN ADDITION to all existing vanilla animation (you can, of course, replace existing animation files with new creations, but that would sooner or later break the game).

EDIT: thanks, karagdan. Now you got to the point. And explained it better than I have done. :)

So, its not going to be easy, but then, I am new enough to this game to remember that the Oblivion system seemed impenetrable until I cracked it, then it looked trivial. I can't say I understand it all but I can use it.

This means that I am not going to lose all faith in humanity just yet.

No disrespect to your "beta" source Fore, but I'd still like to hear the Organ Grinder do some talking. ;)

I am unclear, perhaps you could explain, about the Anim Event. As I see, if you add an idle animation child under Actors\Character\Behaviors\0_Master.hkx + LOOSE you get the option of giving either "NONE" or "idle" amongst the plethora of others. What does it signify if you choose NONE (or idle for that matter)?

I looked at idleflutestart to see what the animation path was like. It doesn't have one per se but there is definitely a flute playing animation in game.

What there is is an idleFluteStart.txt (which is listed in the default(fe)maledata.txt) and found in animationsetdata\defaultfemaledata\ or defaultmaledata\

which reads

V3

idleFluteStart

Now that V3, I am guessing, is telling this animation call to use idleplayidle3 (there are two given, idleplayidle and idleplayidle3). NB this is a "guess" it could refer to something completely different, but there is no V2 or V4 or idleplayidle2 or idleplayidle4, still it could just be coincidence.

which gives

Behaviors\Behavior.hkx

Characters\Character.hkx

CharacterAssets\SingleBoneSkeleton.hkx

which looks to me as if it is giving directory path information to files that are to be used in playing the animation.

At a guess these refer to the meshes\genericbehaviors\idleplayidle3\behaviors characters and characterassets

That is why I think that the .txt files might be important. I've done the first line, who's up for doing the rest? :D

In the 0_Master.hkx idleFluteStart only appears as an item in a list.

My hope is that a simple combination of scripting and CK widgets will write and amend all the necessary files without the need to cobble up our own editors (once we know what to edit). Perhaps that is just a pipe dream, but is this a start in the right direction?

I imagine SKSE can fix this eventually, if there is no other alternative. It should not be impossible to dynamically replace (in memory, at run time) the in game animations, the way the current mods are doing.

Given an actor, the animation you want to replace, and the animation you want to replace it with, SKSE should be able to do the replacement, start the animation playing, and then switch the replacement back.

That is only if it can't provide a way to add new animations (not replace them) at runtime.

If they don't fix this up people will start returning to either fallout or oblivion.

I gave up on Skyrim a month ago. The CK is all that was bringing me back, but that's on hold too as long as this issue remains.

Hi guys. I'm a long time lurker that is still learning everything I can about how Skyrim and Oblivion work. I'm not a scripter or animator (at least not yet), but I have a suggestion for the programmer types.

Take a look at how KamiCAS (a combat animation selector mod for Oblivion) works, and perhaps base the ideas into something that could work for everyone who wants to mod animations for Skyrim.

http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=36650

From what I understand, both Oblivion and Skyrim depend on using one folder for every NPC's animations.

Essentially, you extract all of the vanilla animations from the bsa and place it into one folder. The mod will not touch this folder.

Once you have this main folder, you can create copies of it, and then add in whatever mix of animation replacers you wanted based on the weapon you carried. Once in game, you can cycle through folders (and have as many folders as you wanted) and even have the NPC's change their styles via spell.

So, for Skyrim, each folder could have the basic behavior files AND the replaced anims...and in theory cycle back to vanilla once done using it.

I know there are other hurdles to jump over, but like I said - just a suggestion.

I can't believe the CK lacks half of what Oblivions CS is able to do. Kind of asks the question what was the point in bring out the CK when 3/4 of the mods that are out have been made without it?

Looks to be a massive waste of money and time used on the CK. However i think the tools will be out in time, tho not untill after DLC and a expansion for Skyrim are made.

Noticed most of the best idle/custom animation mods came out from 2009 - 2011 was after DLC and SL (correct me if i'm wrong) Oblivions longevity came from alot of animation mods (Deadly Relex i'e which Bethesda riped so to speak on Skyrim)

I bet once Skyrim isn't selling alot on X-box/PS3 anymore, they'll look at the PC platform to keep up sales like with Oblivion.

I could be wrong but lets wait and see what happens.

So' date=' its not going to be easy, but then, I am new enough to this game to remember that the Oblivion system seemed impenetrable until I cracked it, then it looked trivial. I can't say I understand it all but I can use it.

This means that I am not going to lose all faith in humanity just yet.

No disrespect to your "beta" source Fore, but I'd still like to hear the Organ Grinder do some talking. ;)

I am unclear, perhaps you could explain, about the Anim Event. As I see, if you add an idle animation child under Actors\Character\Behaviors\0_Master.hkx + LOOSE you get the option of giving either "NONE" or "idle" amongst the plethora of others. What does it signify if you choose NONE (or idle for that matter)?

I looked at idleflutestart to see what the animation path was like. It doesn't have one per se but there is definitely a flute playing animation in game.

What there is is an idleFluteStart.txt (which is listed in the default(fe)maledata.txt) and found in animationsetdata\defaultfemaledata\ or defaultmaledata\

which reads

V3

idleFluteStart

Now that V3, I am guessing, is telling this animation call to use idleplayidle3 (there are two given, idleplayidle and idleplayidle3). NB this is a "guess" it could refer to something completely different, but there is no V2 or V4 or idleplayidle2 or idleplayidle4, still it could just be coincidence.

which gives

Behaviors\Behavior.hkx

Characters\Character.hkx

CharacterAssets\SingleBoneSkeleton.hkx

which looks to me as if it is giving directory path information to files that are to be used in playing the animation.

At a guess these refer to the meshes\genericbehaviors\idleplayidle3\behaviors characters and characterassets

That is why I think that the .txt files might be important. I've done the first line, who's up for doing the rest? :D

In the 0_Master.hkx idleFluteStart only appears as an item in a list.

My hope is that a simple combination of scripting and CK widgets will write and amend all the necessary files without the need to cobble up our own editors (once we know what to edit). Perhaps that is just a pipe dream, but is this a start in the right direction?

[/quote']

Just like to mention that the idleflutestart plays two animations randomly, animobjectflutelong.hkx and animobjectfluteshort.hkx (tested this by replacing the said animations and watched the effects ingame). Not sure if that helps you decode the syntax at all. For now im going to work on a way to dynamically play the animations ingame (hopefully smoother than the oblivion ones, i see promise in the alias/story manager setup)

Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me we're being needlessly defeatist here. There have been a number of possible avenues of attack outlined already.

I'm not saying it's not a serious problem, but I don't think it's insoluble. Certainly it seems a little too soon to run around shouting "The Sky Is Falling".

The CK hasn't been out a week yet. There are still things we haven't worked out yet. Let's everyone take a deep breath and look at things with a positive mental attitude, hey?

[quote name='philipcollin' pid='101807' dateline='1329076941'

Just like to mention that the idleflutestart plays two animations randomly' date=' animobjectflutelong.hkx and animobjectfluteshort.hkx. Not sure if that helps you decode the syntax at all.

[/quote]

Yes, it does. Thanks for the input. I saw the animobjects, but no direct link between them and idleflutestart, but looking again at this .txt,

V3

idleFluteStart

what if

2 means "list of two files follows" (looking at other .txts strongly suggests that these are one ref split over three lines and the initial number tells you the number of records to follow)

and

are referencing animobjectflutelong.hkx & animobjectfluteshort.hkx?

make sense?

So now we know (or can use as a working hypothesis) that these numbers mean one of two specific things, and the possibility of linking an easily edited .txt file to a working .hkx animation doesn't seem so remote.

That's the spirit Doc, nihil desperandum. ;)

EDIT:

idlelutestart for comparison

V3

idleLuteStart

note that there is only one lute animation (animobjectluteloop) &

only difference in address is the 3634601356 line in the middle.

[quote=philipcollin' pid='101807' dateline='1329076941'

Just like to mention that the idleflutestart plays two animations randomly' date=' animobjectflutelong.hkx and animobjectfluteshort.hkx. Not sure if that helps you decode the syntax at all.

[/quote]

Yes, it does. Thanks for the input. I saw the animobjects, but no direct link between them and idleflutestart, but looking again at this .txt,

V3

idleFluteStart

what if

2 means "list of two files follows" (looking at other .txts strongly suggests that these are one ref split over three lines and the initial number tells you the number of records to follow)

and

are referencing animobjectflutelong.hkx & animobjectfluteshort.hkx?

make sense?

So now we know (or can use as a working hypothesis) that these numbers mean one of two specific things, and the possibility of linking an easily edited .txt file to a working .hkx animation doesn't seem so remote.

That's the spirit Doc, nihil desperandum. ;)

EDIT:

idlelutestart for comparison

V3

idleLuteStart

note that there is only one lute animation (animobjectluteloop) &

only difference in address is the 3634601356 line in the middle.

Sooo if you editted the idleLuteStart unique address (is what ill call the code between the 3064642194 and 7891816) to one of those in idleFluteStart will it play the flute anims? Also does changing the name of the idle change the name in the cs?

Seems like we are getting much much closer :P

So... correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this mean that you'd be unable to, say, add completely new creatures to the game because you'd be unable to give them animations? Sex mods aside, that seems like a massive oversight on Bethesda's part. I mean, I could kind of see them doing this to prevent sex mods specifically, what with them trying to stick to Steamworks' standards and all that, but there's a plethora of things you could do with new animations that don't have ANYTHING at all to do with adult content.

All this discussion is well over my head; I am more of a writer then a programmer, but it's still fascinating to me.

Seems like we are getting much much closer

A bit closer I think but not too much yet, early days.

I would be happier if I could read the numbers. Are there any cryptographers in the house? I suspect the first line means animobject and the last may just mean .hkx but that is just a preliminary guess based on looking at other animobjects

eg. Counter

and comparing it with non-animobjects

eg. Bear (fullbody)

or Chicken (fullbody)

The relationship between the number of records and the number of .hkx files might be more complicated too. There may not be a one to one mapping.

@warrunner If I understand Fore. Yes. He believes that you cannot add new animations to the game. If a new creature could use the same animations and assets as an existing one I don't see the problem. But anything truly original would be out.

I also don't think that Bethesda would do something as criminally stupid as this, and am working on the premise that we just haven't got as much information as we need yet, and that when we understand exactly how the system works it will be possible to use adapt it.

Convert them to hex and see if they match up with the formIDs etc. of anything else.

The first one you linked for example:

3064642194 = B6AABA92

7891816 = 00786B68

First thing I tried was to check the .hxk files for hex strings. No such luck. I didn't think of formids I'll have a look.

If not, I think it still could be a binary/hex conversion just little/big-endian or word chunked. I'll play with the binary until I see something sensible or give up.

WAYYYYY 2many numbers for me, ill just stick with the basics of texturing but I kinda figured Beth was going to incrypt or hide those animations behind a million dif number combinations... I also believe that it wont take long to figure it out and once some one does... Gaming will never be the same again...LOL

So... correct me if I am wrong' date=' but doesn't this mean that you'd be unable to, say, add completely new creatures to the game because you'd be unable to give them animations?

[/quote']

As it turns out, probably you can.

It's worth pointing out that SaidenStorm in that discussion is part of the niftools team, and also the one who explained the current problem to fore (who then explained it to us). He doesn't seem to see a problem with creating a new creature with its own idles, so quite likely we can.

(Which also means that sex-enabled duplicates of the various races may yet prove a viable approach if labrat & phillipcollin's decoding attempts don't get there first).

SendAnimEvent idleflutestart

This doesn't want to play in the vanilla. Tried blacksmith and bard, used "" '' and no quotes at all & tried with and without (). Just refuses point blank to do anything. Either refuses to send to graph or denies the presence of a string parameter.

Any ideas?