Custom Vampire Lord Animated Wings

View File

What is this?

This is a small mod that takes a pair of wings from Anton’s “Animated Dragon Wings” and bashes them into the “Custom Vampire Lord” mod by Silvist.

Requirements

You need the following and their respective requirements or this mod will do nothing.

1. “Animated Dragon Wings” mod by Anton http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53271/?

2. “Custom Vampire Lord” mod by Silvist http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1245-custom-vampire-lord/

3. Vampire Wings by yours truly, (meh, the name could probably use some work).

Installation

1. This does contain one loose script, which will overwrite the original, so using NMM is recommended. Overwrite when prompted.

2. You need to go in your Data folder and delete/move/rename the following 3 files,

...Data\Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_0.nif

...Data\Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_1.nif

...Data\Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_gnd.nif

from “Custom Vampire Lord” mod. Not sure how I could make that an automated process.

3. Done

Uninstallation

1. If you used NMM for the install, it will restore your original script, if not then I don’t think you need instructions in how to restore it.

2. If you wish to continue using “Custom Vampire Mod” restore the 3 files.

3. Done

Credits

1. Anton for the Animated Dragon Wings mod.

2. Silvist for the Custom Vampire Lord mod.

Known Bugs

Sometimes you do not get the wings, well it just means you didn’t hear a bell ring ... uh, that’s an old movie reference ..., anyway you just have to try again, not sure how to fix that just yet. Turns out it was a rogue script in my system, damn rogue scripts. Although it does not happen on my PC (well about 1/15 transformations will misfire) I got reports of it still happening... crap.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/25/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    Animated Dragon Wings, Custom Vampire Lord
  • Special Edition Compatible

It sure does, maybe we should ask Silvist for a fix?

Maybe if he knows how I really wish this could be done.

And make the PC look straight ahead, instead at the ground all the time. He hasn't been around for like 10 days, I would like to get his approval for linking to his mod.

It sure does, maybe we should ask Silvist for a fix?

Maybe if he knows how I really wish this could be done.

And make the PC look straight ahead, instead at the ground all the time. He hasn't been around for like 10 days, I would like to get his approval for linking to his mod.

Exactly It shouldn't be too hard to do being as the head isn't used for any animated events for the vampire lord.

• 2 weeks later...

...Ok, I tried it, and it work on males fine.

But I have the same issue as written in description: in most of cases I don't get wings after transformation. But sometimes all is fine.

my face looks slightly fatter for some reason.

This is because "VampireBeastRace" in .esp doesn't use any race morph. If You set morph that used by Your race, You'll get absolutely identical face for Vampire Lord Form. 

• 2 weeks later...

How do we do the custom installation with Mod Organizer?
 I tried renaming Wings_0.nif ,  _1 ,& _gnd  in the following pathway but all that did was to remove the wings entirely from Cust.VLord.
E:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\mods\custom vampire lord\meshes\armor

Any help is appreciated

How do we do the custom installation with Mod Organizer?

I tried renaming Wings_0.nif ,  _1 ,& _gnd  in the following pathway but all that did was to remove the wings entirely from Cust.VLord.

E:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\mods\custom vampire lord\meshes\armor

Any help is appreciated

Unfortunately, I do not use MO so I do not know much about it. :-/

Anybody here using that? Any help would be appreciated.   :P

Edit:

Or you can ask our resident MO expert - AwfulArchdemon

Okay! After a great deal of confusion via PM, I finally found this thread.

Inte, your instructions are a bit vague. When you say delete/move/rename the 3 nifs from Custom Vampire Lord, you mean this mod, which has only Scripts as it's loose files, needs to have those files in it to work? So, the creation of a file path to those files must be created as well? In that case, "rename" would be inapplicable.

Simply renaming the 'data' folder to your mod's name is enough to get it MO friendly, but if you need those nifs from CVL in your mod, then those might as well be added right to the mod, in one happy MO lovin' package! :)

post-111270-0-16556600-1412471170_thumb.jpg

The picture on the bottom right is from Custom Vampire Lord.

Shall I once again repack for MO, and upload to 4shared? I'm gonna have quite the collection there soon. :P Or should I give it right to you, to upload here? Don't matter to me. I just hoping I'm understanding the instructions right...

Okay! After a great deal of confusion via PM, I finally found this thread.

Inte, your instructions are a bit vague. When you say delete/move/rename the 3 nifs from Custom Vampire Lord, you mean this mod, which has only Scripts as it's loose files, needs to have those files in it to work? So, the creation of a file path to those files must be created as well? In that case, "rename" would be inapplicable.

Simply renaming the 'data' folder to your mod's name is enough to get it MO friendly, but if you need those nifs from CVL in your mod, then those might as well be added right to the mod, in one happy MO lovin' package! :)

attachicon.gifInteConfusesMe.jpg

The picture on the bottom right is from Custom Vampire Lord.

Shall I once again repack for MO, and upload to 4shared? I'm gonna have quite the collection there soon. :P Or should I give it right to you, to upload here? Don't matter to me. I just hoping I'm understanding the instructions right...

Well the short of it is that the Custom Vampire Lord mod comes with its own wings, I need those gone for my mod to work properly,  that is why I suggested deleting those wing .nif's files.

As far as repacking, go right ahead since I do not use MO I wouldn't know where to start. :blush:

Okay, so ntblood, all you wanted to do was install this mod, right?

And Inte, your mod needs to get rid of the Succubus wings for your vampire lord wings to work, right? And deleting those 3 nifs is all it takes?

In that case, ntblood, you simply haven't installed the mod right.

And I finally read your scripts, and all is clear to me now.

My confusion lies here:

If your mod calls specifically to Animated Dragon Wings, this means that the animations from that mod will now work as a Vamp Lord, right? So in no way does this mod have anything to do with the nif files for the Succubus wings, and your mod does not call to anything with those file names, right?

If 'Yes to All', then the only issue is:

1. Seeing 2 sets of wings at once, which is annoying, but should still at least load
  2. The wings use the same slot, causing a complete incompatibility

If 2 is true, then deleting the nifs is what to do, in which case ntblood just needs to rename the 'data' folder to 'Vampire Lord Animated Wings', and install to MO. It's just the same old 'Repack for MO' thing we all do for Nexus mods.

In all honesty, ntblood, you should have gotten an error about 'No game data on top level' from MO when you installed it, meaning it's 'Packed for NMM', which only means there is a 'Data' folder in it. That data folder has what MO reads in it, which is why renaming that data folder to the mod's name, and zipping that folder (that rename then zip part is crucial), then using MO to import the mod as usual is the answer.

If you see wings when you're using Animated Dragon Wings, and you installed Inte's CVLAW mod, using MO should still work perfectly fine, as long as you put Inte's mod after ADW in the load order.

The only way that won't be true is if they use the same slot (#2 above)

If 2 is true, just install both, keeping in mind that anything in a data folder needs to be repacked (it doesn't need to, but I'm not getting into anything more right now).

After you install both, making sure 'Data' folders are renamed to the mods' names, zipped, and imported to MO, go to the mod on the MO menu window (UI), and right-click Custom Vampire Lord.

Choose 'Open in Explorer', and navigate to the file path with the 3 nifs in it.

Inte's path says to go to:

• ...Data\Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_0.nif

​If your mod's repacked for MO, it should say:

• ...Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_0.nif
    ...Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_1.nif
    ...Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_gnd.nif

​Notice there's no data folder. 

Create a folder in the Succubus folder when you get there. Name it 'SuccubusWings.Temp' (don't worry, it won't change it to a temp file). Put the 3 nifs in the Succubus folder your in into the new SuccubusWing.Temp folder.

This keeps the files there for whenever you want to use them (just open the folder, highlight all 3, cut, click the back arrow to go right back to the original Succubus folder, and paste to the original Succubus folder).

With those nifs in that folder, they will no longer be used (can't be found where the game's looking for them anymore), and thus the wings are gone.

Inte, to pack for MO, forego the use of a 'Data' folder, and just make a folder with your mod's name instead, and zip that.

ntblood, if you repack for MO, hide those nifs so the game can't read them, install this mod, and don't see wings, then:

1. You screwed up somewhere, try again
  2. Inte screwed up somewhere, try again :D (though from the scripts, it looks fine)
  3. load order needs a quick tweak

If I got shit all wrong, please Inte clear it up for me. I use Animated Dragon Wings too, and I just became aware of this mod when you directed ntblood to me, so I need to know too. :D

Okay, so ntblood, all you wanted to do was install this mod, right?

And Inte, your mod needs to get rid of the Succubus wings for your vampire lord wings to work, right? And deleting those 3 nifs is all it takes?

In that case, ntblood, you simply haven't installed the mod right.

And I finally read your scripts, and all is clear to me now.

My confusion lies here:

If your mod calls specifically to Animated Dragon Wings, this means that the animations from that mod will now work as a Vamp Lord, right? So in no way does this mod have anything to do with the nif files for the Succubus wings, and your mod does not call to anything with those file names, right?

If 'Yes to All', then the only issue is:

• Seeing 2 sets of wings at once, which is annoying, but should still at least load
  • The wings use the same slot, causing a complete incompatibility
If 2 is true, then deleting the nifs is what to do, in which case ntblood just needs to rename the 'data' folder to 'Vampire Lord Animated Wings', and install to MO. It's just the same old 'Repack for MO' thing we all do for Nexus mods.

In all honesty, ntblood, you should have gotten an error about 'No game data on top level' from MO when you installed it, meaning it's 'Packed for NMM', which only means there is a 'Data' folder in it. That data folder has what MO reads in it, which is why renaming that data folder to the mod's name, and zipping that folder (that rename then zip part is crucial), then using MO to import the mod as usual is the answer.

If you see wings when you're using Animated Dragon Wings, and you installed Inte's CVLAW mod, using MO should still work perfectly fine, as long as you put Inte's mod after ADW in the load order.

The only way that won't be true is if they use the same slot (#2 above)

If 2 is true, just install both, keeping in mind that anything in a data folder needs to be repacked (it doesn't need to, but I'm not getting into anything more right now).

After you install both, making sure 'Data' folders are renamed to the mods' names, zipped, and imported to MO, go to the mod on the MO menu window (UI), and right-click Custom Vampire Lord.

Choose 'Open in Explorer', and navigate to the file path with the 3 nifs in it.

Inte's path says to go to:

• ...Data\Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_0.nif

​If your mod's repacked for MO, it should say:
  • ...Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_0.nif

...Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_1.nif

...Meshes\Armor\Succubus\Wings_gnd.nif

​Notice there's no data folder. 

Create a folder in the Succubus folder when you get there. Name it 'SuccubusWings.Temp' (don't worry, it won't change it to a temp file). Put the 3 nifs in the Succubus folder your in into the new SuccubusWing.Temp folder.

This keeps the files there for whenever you want to use them (just open the folder, highlight all 3, cut, click the back arrow to go right back to the original Succubus folder, and paste to the original Succubus folder).

With those nifs in that folder, they will no longer be used (can't be found where the game's looking for them anymore), and thus the wings are gone.

Inte, to pack for MO, forego the use of a 'Data' folder, and just make a folder with your mod's name instead, and zip that.

ntblood, if you repack for MO, hide those nifs so the game can't read them, install this mod, and don't see wings, then:

• You screwed up somewhere, try again
  • Inte screwed up somewhere, try again :D (though from the scripts, it looks fine)
  • load order needs a quick tweak
If I got shit all wrong, please Inte clear it up for me. I use Animated Dragon Wings too, and I just became aware of this mod when you directed ntblood to me, so I need to know too. :D

Wow, yeah you got it. ;)

That does sound better than NMM, hmm.... so what about scripts, will that work with scripts as well, say for SD+ ... can I just make something like \SDpatches\Scripts\Source .... and all modified scripts in there? and that will work?

Anything. You name it, and as long as it goes in Skyrim\data, MO can do it without any further actions (so long as there is no 'data' folder involved, which would add another step to the process, but still easy)

Scripts goes right in Skyrim\data, so not only is it possible, I highly recommend it. Scripts especially. ;)

So, 'Inte's New Mod' ==[upon extraction] Scripts\NewMod.pex

and/or:

'Inte's New Mod' ==[upon extraction] Scripts\Souce\NewMod.psc

and/or:

'Inte's New Mod' ==[upone extraction] Scripts\Source\Dawnguard\NewDlcMod.psc

Anything. You name it, and as long as it goes in Skyrim\data, MO can do it without any further actions (so long as there is no 'data' folder involved, which would add another step to the process, but still easy)

Scripts goes right in Skyrim\data, so not only is it possible, I highly recommend it. Scripts especially. ;)

So, 'Inte's New Mod' ==[upon extraction] Scripts\NewMod.pex

and/or:

'Inte's New Mod' ==[upon extraction] Scripts\Souce\NewMod.psc

and/or:

'Inte's New Mod' ==[upone extraction] Scripts\Source\Dawnguard\NewDlcMod.psc

You know, I'll look into using MO. :P

Muito obrigado pelo mod, minha senhora vampiro agradecimentos você  :D

How did you get your neck to be straight in these photos?

btw, Silvist  had this to suggest about the crooked neck issue (I haven't quite gotten to trying it out yet):

"Not sure if I put it in the description, but the neck and arms due the deformation due to the vampire lord skeleton. So it would require either someone to manually adjust for all vamp lord animations, or convert all vampire lord animations to female/male skeleton.

The crouching was from when I was testing it back at the release of dawnguard. You can gain pc animation by replacing the vampire lord skeleton with the female/male skeleton in the vampire lord folder. Other people in the past have also used custom animations as well that way.

The only issue I had when doing that was it broke the vampire lord stances. Like you couldn't hover. Glad you enjoyed the mod."

Also:

"I don't use mod organizer, so Im not to familiar with it.

The vampirelord_sk.dds file is a texture file. The vampire lord skel would literally be named vampirelordskeleton.nif or something near that.

I'm not to sure on the animated wings, if its separate from my mod. If you override the right files it should work; unless the mod requires another mod or requirement to work."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Soooo, what should i exactly do to have the animated dragon wings while in VL form?

If you have all the requirements it should happen when you change, sometimes it misfires but just try again.

I have all the requirements but i'm a bit dumb in manual moddig, so i really dunno which files should i delete in the local files.

I've tried to manually overwrite the wings' meshes with the files from the ADW mod, but that time i got CTD.

Otherwise, i got the original static succubi wings