Is this doable? Partial removal of clipping.

Pwishy

Hey all :)

I'd like to ask if this is achievable or not. Basically, I've tried this hair-under-helmet mod and I've got some hair clipping issues:

4kZ1iNN.png

Is there a way using Nifskope or anything else that I can remove parts of the clipping? Namely the part where I circled red whereas certain parts of the clipping actually works (left and ride of mid-helm).

I've tried playing around with the nif scale with an increase to 1.1000 times (which is the smallest increment I can achieve with no hair clipping) but the helmet itself just looks uncomfortably big in the end.

Cheers! 

you'd have to edit the hair in 3d max or blender... create 2 dismember partitions and select the faces under the helmet to be dismembered when the helmet is on, but not when the helmet is off... its an annoying job... and would be helmet/hair depedent, not a global edit.

you'd have to edit the hair in 3d max or blender... create 2 dismember partitions and select the faces under the helmet to be dismembered when the helmet is on, but not when the helmet is off... its an annoying job... and would be helmet/hair depedent, not a global edit.

I see. Thanks for the reply :)

I've just downloaded and I'm going to give it a go... although I've never touched it before so I'll be working from complete scratch (zero knowledge/experience) :s

Without previos knowledge of atleast the basics of 3d modeling it will be an ordeal. It took me a while to finally start getting things working ingame and I am aquainted with 3ds max. If you ask me a much faster aproach (and significantly easier) is just to make the helmet bigger or edit it's shape so It fits over the hair.

Or yeah you can get someone to help you that is the absolute best way.

@CeeTeeDee Can I ask you a quick question? What is your opinion on this. Could it be editted out without causing issues in char creation?

Without previos knowledge of atleast the basics of 3d modeling it will be an ordeal. It took me a while to finally start getting things working ingame and I am aquainted with 3ds max. If you ask me a much faster aproach (and significantly easier) is just to make the helmet bigger or edit it's shape so It fits over the hair.

@CeeTeeDee Can I ask you a quick question? What is your opinion on this. Could it be editted out without causing issues in char creation?

Well, if 3d max is used the BSDismemberSkin Modifier will be there and it should just  be a question of creating 2 partitions and selecting the relevant faces for each... but i might be wrong...

and about your thread, that's Ran's headmesh with Racemenu's vertex morphs?... i'm not going to go there as i doubt Ran's headmesh is the cause and don't hijack threads, its impolite. ;)

Wasn't really a hijack just a "while we're on the subject" and RaceMenu doesn't have vertex morphs, it just has placeholder vertex mode that only displays a textured wireframe model. Thanks anyway.

Also on the subject from what I have converted I know only that BSDismemberment tells the game which parts of a mesh can move and which can not so even if he makes the partitions I feel it will not make the clipping disappear. I may also be wrong however.

well, if you gimme a cookie and send the two nifs in question i might fix it for you... i say might because i also might not...

and only if you gimme a cookie :P

...but you'll probably like it more if you do it yourself  :D

Hahaha that sounds great!

I made a thread pinpointing the hair parts that are sticking out. Thread here:http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35983-request-to-anyone-is-blender-savy/

Which nifs should I pin here? The hair or the helmet mod? Also, how shall I pass you the cookie? :P

Hmmm, I tried to make the helmet larger. Increased the scale by 0.10 which did a fantastic job of covering the hair leakages. Unfortunately it looks a little big and everytime my character runs I get the bobblehead feels. :P

Hmmm, I tried to make the helmet larger. Increased the scale by 0.10 which did a fantastic job of covering the hair leakages. Unfortunately it looks a little big and everytime my character runs I get the bobblehead feels. :P

Yeah well directly increasing the scale in NifSkope does yield silly results. Either get 3ds max (or blender but I have no blender experience) and scale it on separate axes or the best way imo soft edit the vertexes in such a way to give the helmet a shape that would fit over the hair (pull the top parts up and the side parts out) ORRRRRR try to skin the helmet to the hair rather than the head. (This may yield unwated results and might not work at all but in theory it could work).

i'd need the helmet and hair .nifs

cookie wise, hell i dunno... be creative...

Okie, I've attached the .nifs :)

Although, the mod that enabled hair-under-helmet was just an esp file (courtesy of this fine mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36517/?). So I've attached the iron helmet .nif after unpacking it from Skyrim's Meshes.bsa file.

Also, I'm out of cookies... so please have a sweet roll instead :D

nonbento-sweetroll.jpg

Thanks ^^

FlyingDance.nif

helmet.nif

i'd need the helmet and hair .nifs

cookie wise, hell i dunno... be creative...

Okie, I've attached the .nifs :)

Although, the mod that enabled hair-under-helmet was just an esp file (courtesy of this fine mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36517/?). So I've attached the iron helmet .nif after unpacking it from Skyrim's Meshes.bsa file.

Also, I'm out of cookies... so please have a sweet roll instead :D

nonbento-sweetroll.jpg

Thanks ^^

Success! that sweet roll has a hole.

make a backup! replace the original hair with this one.

theoretically, only the parts of the hair which clip with the helmet will disappear when the helmet is equipped, leaving the rest of the hair under the helmet...

if it works, it may not suck that bad...

if it doesn't... then... check my namesake. 

O.M.G. You are a true hero!

Its... its... BRILLIANT. <3 <3

wDgtm5R.png

Thank you so much! :D :D

One tiny little thing tho, not necessary but it would make me from super happy to super duper happy, if you could let this part of the hair run through like this: 

mSrzkoK.png

You've already helped me out enormously and I feel shameful asking you for this. Only if it's not too much trouble and you don't mind of course >.<

theoretically, only the parts of the hair which clip with the helmet will disappear when the helmet is equipped, leaving the rest of the hair under the helmet...

wDgtm5R.png

One tiny little thing tho, not necessary but it would make me from super happy to super duper happy, if you could let this part of the hair run through like this: 

IslYnSx.png

You've already helped me out enormously and I feel shameful asking you for this. Only if it's not too much trouble and you don't mind of course >.<

make a backup of the previous file I attached just in case you like it more... this kind of shit can end up taking hours :P

FlyingDance.nif

wDgtm5R.png

IslYnSx.png

make a backup of the previous file I attached just in case you like it more... this kind of shit can end up taking hours :P

Thanks again CTD! :D

You're the best! <3

Archived