Laptop ENB problems

Rumble Dee

Hi everyone, i would like to share my shitty enb problem with, i have windows 8 and HP laptop and it works only with Tatsuodoshi dll file which is veeery old so i can run only Sharpshotters ENB. Any other new enb profiles where u can find ENBhost are simple not working with full options or just looks like vanilla graphics when they are no notifications of errors .

VIsualy it looks like  i  have not all effects toggled, fucked up lightning, no ssao. I know how to configurate enb with ini files  and etc, so my problem is with my computer. Maybe someone know how to fix it cuz i ve searched a lot of forums and didnt find any clue of how to solve this shit.

Guest aaatrunks

Laptop.

Gaming.

Pick one.

In all seriousness, it would help if you posted your laptop's specifications so we know what's in the machine.

Going from what issues you're having I'd say the laptop is choking on the stress it's put under with the ENB on. That, or you didn't install it right, or some files somehow got corrupted.

Laptop.

Gaming.

Pick one.

Gaming isn't ideal on most laptops. But there are some that really do handle the stresses and heat that come with hardcore gaming. This is what I run a heavily modded Skyrim complete with ENB on: http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JS/ and before this I had an ASUS ROG G75VW and it ran the same load without overstressing the system.

But as MarcyVampire stated, if you post your hardware model/specs it would be helpful in determining whether or not there's another version of ENB that would be suitable to run on your laptop. Just be aware that most laptops just aren't robust enough to handle the demands that ENB puts on a system. My brother has an HP dv7t that does very well with Skyrim with a moderate to heavy mod load, but it just blows chunks with ENB installed.

Yeah. For gaming on a laptop you need one of the big monsters that weigh like 8-10lbs. They have like 4-6 airvents and 2 cooling fans. I passed on a laptop and went with a desktop this time since desktops are much easier to upgrade then laptops. What are the specs on your laptop sorsharavenwing? Depending on the model and the money you have, most laptops come in under 2.5Ghz. For like $4000+ I saw a laptop that runs at 4.1Ghz but think that might have been overclocked.

You're absolutely right about it being huge. It has enormous vents and two cooling fans. I think the AC Adapter alone weighs more than most standard laptops do. And the laptop itself weighs just a hair under 10 lbs. You're also right about the processor... the non-turbo frequency is 2.4Ghz.

These are the specs of the system as it shipped:

• Operating System
o Windows 8.1 64-Bit
• CPU Type
o Intel Core i7-4700HQ (2.40GHz)
o Turbo Frequency Up to 3.4GHz
o Quad-core Processor
o 6 MB CPU L3 Cache
• Chipset
o Intel HM87
• Screen
o 17.3" FHD (1920x1080), matte
• RAM
o 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3L 1600
o 4 Memory Slots (Total)
o 2 Memory Slots (Available)
• Hard Disk (2 bays)
o 256G SSD

o 1TB 7200RPM
• GPU/VPU
o NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M
o Dedicated 3GB Video Memory
o Dedicated Card
• Optical Drive Type
o DVD±R/RW

It's pretty robust as it shipped. But I made some modifications. I absolutely LOATHE Windows 8.1, so I bought and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I maxed out the RAM, so I'm running 32GB. I have some issues with SSDs, so I gave my brother the 256GB SSD and replaced it with a 1TB Seagate SSHD (solid state hybrid drive). And I replaced the DVD±R/RW with a Blu-ray Writer. I vacillate between running it in turbo and letting it run at 2.4Ghz. It doesn't get to alarming temperatures with the CPU overclocked. But it gets hot enough to make me pay close attention to it.

I did get to build my dream computer earlier this year. So my desktop blows my laptop out of the water by leaps and bounds. It's even liquid cooled. But I've been too busy using it for video editing, animation and Photoshop, so I have yet to initiate it into the wonderful world of gaming.

Unlike desktop GPUs where you can simply download and upgrade to a newer driver, laptop graphics are quite so anal about what version should work for them that they require custom configurations in order for them to run the latest nVidia drivers.

Try this one for custom INFs: www.laptopvideo2go.com

There are also some really good ENBs that provide eyecandy and performance at the same time, but if they still can't cut it, I'd say ICBINE + Dynavision + Imaginator + SweetFX.

Laptop.

Gaming.

Pick one.

In all seriousness, it would help if you posted your laptop's specifications so we know what's in the machine.

Going from what issues you're having I'd say the laptop is choking on the stress it's put under with the ENB on. That, or you didn't install it right, or some files somehow got corrupted.

true that.. either lappy or gaming pick one... you shouldnt be running an enb on a laptop even a gaming laptop.. its just too make strain on the already terrible mobile graphics ( even a mobile version of a titan would be terrible)

Archived