so far this mod is all sorts of fun lol 

also did not see a trap in the arcanaeum comming 

Unfortunately that is not intended - there is no traps in arcanaeum and there would never be.

What happened to you is a bug - sometimes when you trigger a trap(s) and load some other save after that game applies explosion effect to that loaded save.

What exactly seems to be happening is that game spawns a "rogue" (and invisible) trap somewhere in the cell where you loaded your character - this could be literally anywhere.

I have no idea what causes it. I have no idea how to prevent it <edit i actually might have an idea... will test it in next version.>

This happens only once shortly after load, always somewhere nearby in the cell where you loaded your character. If you keep playing it wont happen again - at least i have never seen that happening again.

If that would happen to you and you want to avoid that - load that save again and use MCM to disable traps. It should be safe to enable them again after few minutes.

new version up and

Testers needed!
Because of some bug in CK this mod may have some wild edits. They cannot be seen in TES5Edit or CK but they do happen ingame. Because of that I do need help to track them.
What you would need to do is to load this mod and play skyrim however you want - and:
1 if you ever got blown by one of these traps wherever else than this dungeons 

Angarvunde

Ansilvund
Bleak Falls Barrow
Dead Mens Respite
Dustmans Cairn
Embershard Mine
Folgunthur
Forelhost
Geirmunds Hall
Swindler’s Den
White River Watch

2 if you got blown by invisible trap inside any of those dungeons

There is one such trap in Bleak Falls Barrow - after you free Arvel the Swift and he begins to run away he will likely trigger it on the way - it's in a first round room after you free him

whenever one of these happens let me know where it happened. It could happen basically anywhere - seen one of those in Dimhollow Crypt (that one should be fixed) even if i have never even loaded dawnguard DLC into my CK...

so i tried the mod

and didnt found any of your traps inside bleak falls barrow but i got "equiped" by one inside the helgen escape sequence(where u ran through the caves with the stormcloak/imperial guy) before the first spider encounter

also i dont be able to craft the keys but thats nothing to do with your mod :D

The traps are visible right? They still have the fire rune texture mentioned in the OP?

Is it 100% probability that a trap will should show up in a dungeon? Can there be more than one trap per dungeon?

You said the traps are placed randomly; Are the traps placed in the cell when the cell is reset or when the player enters the cell? If I re-enter a cell with the traps move around or leave, or will they stay where they are?

Edit: so far nothing in Bleak Falls Barrow, Geirmunds Hall or Swindler’s Den

for some reason it keeps popping up errors something about devices check log but i dont know where the log is

It means your papyrus log. You need to enable logging in skyrim ini file

then you ll have a txt file with - most likely - tons of spam and among those there would be infos about some errors that happened.

If you have something like this there:

[08/22/2014 - 04:24:22PM] Method GetGenericDeviceByKeyword not found on zadlibs. Aborting call and returning None

[Active effect 1 on (00000014)].AQDT_RuneTrapScript.EquipRandomCollar() - "AQDT_RuneTrapScript.psc" Line 71

[Active effect 1 on (00000014)].AQDT_RuneTrapScript.OnEffectStart() - "AQDT_RuneTrapScript.psc" Line 154

or the same but with "GetGenericDeviceByTags" that means your instalation of DDi does not understand functions which are supposed to choose random device to be equipped on you.

So if it does happen check if your DDi version is 2.81 and if it works properly.

To enable logs and check them

go to my documents\my games\Skyrim

open skyrim.ini in notebook

Find [Papyrus] section

change those 3 lines:

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

for

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

save

Run the game and play for a while. Trigger some traps.

Go to

my documents\my games\Skyrim\logs\script

and check papyrus.0.txt

it doesnt say whats the problem but i think i know what it might be since some devices got slapped on but others did not which suggests your using a device mod i dont have custom versions maybe ?

The traps are visible right? They still have the fire rune texture mentioned in the OP?

Is it 100% probability that a trap will should show up in a dungeon? Can there be more than one trap per dungeon?

You said the traps are placed randomly; Are the traps placed in the cell when the cell is reset or when the player enters the cell? If I re-enter a cell with the traps move around or leave, or will they stay where they are?

Edit: so far nothing in Bleak Falls Barrow, Geirmunds Hall or Swindler’s Den

All of those that are intended are visible. If you don't see them try switching them off/on in MCM.

There could be one "issue" tho.. all these traps are linked to "master trap" that is hidden. If anything would cause that master trap to trigger they all go off at the same time. It shouldn't be possible for that trap to trigger ever. But hell, i have spent last 3 days on fixing things that should not happen either...

> The traps are visible right?

Yes, all those that are intended are. Tho they rarely are visible from afar.

> You said the traps are placed randomly

No, all those that are intended are placed in predefined positions. There is no randomness and there would never be.

Nvm all that. I would likely post another version in several hours. Hopefully this time i would get rid of those issues. Most of them at least.

I'm getting tired of fixing CK bugs instead of actually doing some fun stuff...

it doesnt say whats the problem but i think i know what it might be since some devices got slapped on but others did not which suggests your using a device mod i dont have custom versions maybe ?

It should not matter what mods you have on - as long as you have DDi at least 2.81 and any kind of DDx.

Version i would post later today wont even require DDx anymore. Tho it would be recommended as soft dependency.

If you would have DDx you would recieve DDx items sometimes. If not mod would still work.

If you would have CD Shop you would recieve some CD Shop items sometimes (bronze/silver sets, little helpers/devils plugs). If not mod would still work.

Possibly some other mods could add to this list. Tho i personally never tried that.

If you would have nothing else than DD Assets and Integration traps would spawn iron/padded/leather etc items from DDi.

> also any chance for followers to get gift wrapped ?

as soon as i figure out some efficient way to make script reference to a follower.

Blindfold is not allowed as it is quite game changing. And those difficulty settings are supposed to be easy. Lets say in folgunthur on medium you ll get you keys burned and you ll get a blindfold.

That would be quite a trip to get it removed in CD Shop.

hard diff would work very different that what it is now. Basically what i want to do is that your follower would be able to remove devices from you - at a price.

Anyway, more bugfixed version is ready and would be up as soon as i ll find some time to test it. Clean save would be needed.

theres a submit follower mod that when the player gets equipped the follower gets equipped forgot its name ill look in my data folder in a min you could look at that mods code to make the traps follower freindly ;)

besides i thought hardocre mode in mcm which doesnt work would be for heavely bound with blindfolds after all theres a setting in devices mod to adjust the blindfold strenth to 20 to make it blurry or 100% to make it black

Thanks, will check if i can use it.

As soon as i'll be done headbutting my keyboard because of "awesomeness" of CK...

I've rebuild this whole mod from a scratch, making sure it is most clean mod ever created, and its still filled with wild edits... For example for some reason known only to bethesda one of the traps i placed in Bleak Falls Barrow spawns in Dragonsreach...

Point is there is 100+ traps atm and finding out which one is messed isn't exactly simple. Had to make one hell of a mess with this mod - 35 new scripts used only to tell me which trap got wild edited by CK...

Edit: NVM, corrupted save

So far, I haven't seen or run into any traps at all in 2.5, if it wasn't for the menu entry in MGM I would think the mod wasn't installed correctly.

Does anyone know the object id of these traps so I can place one in front of me and make sure it works in a controlled setting?

for fast test ~ player.placeatme 820012cf 1

spawn trap... i dont use armbind and blinkhood...

This works, but only on new character. Something must be bugged with my main.

Well, that v2.5 is very imperfect and i'm aware of it. Got version that is somewhat better but it is still filled with bugs and i have no idea what causes them and how to fix them.

For example

"mod" like this - all it does is to add 3 unmodified vanilla rune traps. 2 are in Bleak Falls Barrow 01 and 1 in Deadmens Respite.

And both those from Bleak Falls explode in Dragonsreach and that one from Deadmens explodes in Helgen Keep.

Its completely ridiculous. Seriously i was aware that CK is not perfect but i had no idea it is messed up so much...

If it would keep working like that i see no point in developing this mod any further - the more traps i add the more mess there would be. Atm there is around 100 traps and those "rogue" one can be seen quite often. If i would add 400 of them (and that was the plan)  they would be exploding literally everywhere....

Well, I am trying to get some help from more experienced modders what (or IF) can be done to prevent such things from happening. But so far no luck.

So I'm afraid that - at least for now - this project is on hold.

This mod would be made anew.

Current version is full of bugs and wont be supported any further. Apparently use of rune traps was a very bad idea - i couldn't possibly know Creation Kit would cause such mess when i would use such traps.

I'll made this mod anew based entirely on another types of traps. No idea how long it would take.

Current version is still available for download if someone wants to check what was the idea of it - idea would remain mostly the same.

It is safe to use as bugs that happen are not game breaking. It's just that in some locations you would receive some devious devices out of thin air without any kind of warning.

Feature requests (low priority) for consideration before rebuild

If you could add a way for the player to learn how to make traps that would be cool. It could open a lot of gameplay possibilities, fighting enemies who would suddenly trip when put in leg cuffs for instance, or silence enemies with gags. Maybe it could be a quest you get after you run into a trap and get curious, or you can get it from some essential mage somewhere in the world who sends you on some errands first.

It would be cool if there was a player placed trap, at high rank (expert or master), that could put NPCs in zaz bondage.

I would have no problem at all with these player placed traps could backfire on the player as well, although you might have to find some way to prevent them from going off right after you put them down.

• 2 weeks later...