regular npcs unkillable

Arcturus7777

I am having a problem with regular bandit npcs.  The second time I got to a location where the NPC's have respawned, most to the time at least one of them is unkillable.  My follower and i can not kill the npc.  This is just a regular bandit. like in first camps you clear around whiterun.  I used console to look at one, he was level 5 and I am level 35. but can not kill him.  sometimes they start out taking damage, and then just stop.  They do not go down to one knee, they just keep fighting the whole time.

I was wondering if anyone had heard of this.  the mods I most suspect is NPC body randomizer, cause it is the newest mod I have installed, and Amazing follower tweaks, cause it sets followers to unkillable.

It is the new issue I got too when installing unofficial Skyrim patch 2.0.6. It hasn't happened before. It looks like that it is not fully compatible with Race mod 2.90 and the mods that changing Vanillas body meshes as well as Skykids, RCOTS, and similar. To make things worse, Save cleaner tool doesn't help at all in cleaning havoc files.

It is the new issue I got too when installing unofficial Skyrim patch 2.0.6. It hasn't happened before. It looks like that it is not fully compatible with Race mod 2.90 and the mods that changing Vanillas body meshes as well as Skykids, RCOTS, and similar. To make things worse, Save cleaner tool doesn't help at all in cleaning havoc files.

Is that the august 11th update? If so did you try going back to the old patch? I will see if I still have it on my computer, ie the older version.

I manually download everything and keep all the files, but sometimes the modder does not change the file name and things get over written.

It might be so, but in my case, it happened after I install USKP 2.0.6 patch. It also made unessential some of the NPCs that were essential. Somehow it blocks my Protected NPCs - No More Sad Songs - - Protected HumanAndDogs mod, even in the new games. For instance, one of my favorite NPC, Ahlam, never got killed before,now it does. So, in my game, this patch is blocking this mod to work correctly even after reinstalling "Protected" mod.

But, the real cause of the problem in my game is "necromancy" from Defeat mod. Before this version of USKP patch, I didn't have a problem with re spawned "unkillable" bandits. So, I'm going to write Goubo about this.

Have you tried using the recycleactor command on them? It might be that their data got corrupted by something you added, and recycling them should remove all corrupted data, thanks to resetting it entirely.

I tried  the recycleactor, but are still the same health and still unkillable. I also tried kill order, it had no effect, and neither did setessential.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still running into this problem.  It only happens with the respawn of cleared locations.  The NPC is unkillable, because weapons and spells pass right thru the npc. you can see this happening with a watching followers attack the npc.

I have a quest that can not be completed due to this problem.  

Interesting thing is happened to me in my game. I created two new characters. Although I have Defeat mod enabled and didn't use Necromancy sex on certain places, the game makes some NPCs invincible after I do a fast travel to that locations. But they have weak spots in the body that need to be hit. For instance, I could kill one bandit only if I hit his legs, second one couldn't be killed by sword, but with bow and arrow in the arms.

later on, I discovered one trick. To kill invincible re-spawned bandits you have to make them follow you out of their default cell (place). Once you do that and when they started to return to their cell/place, you can kill them. It looks like that the cell is lock them and prevent them to be killed.

• 4 weeks later...

I just had this issue now, too. Just came out of Whiterun and went down to the bandit camp on the west cliffs of the city. Only two random bandits. Killed one, but the other won't die. No matter what I try, sword, greatsword, chain lightning, fireball, dremora lords, atronachs... all attacks just pass right through it like the npc wasn't even there, but I'm still getting hit by the bandit's attacks. Not even a console kill command will kill this npc. This is the first and, so far, only time this has happened. I'm hoping for some sort of answer, but looking around elsewhere online, this seems to be a very rare problem. For now, I guess I'll just avoid that area. I'm just hoping this doesn't happen on any quest related npcs.

I am 97.34576 percent sure this is caused by the bug in the dragonborne dlc that will not let you kill the other dragonborne in the final boss battle. I was killed in this battle and went on with the game leaving it unfinished, and the unkillable npc's showed up. Since then, I started a new toon, finished the dragonborne dlc and have had no problems. So I will mark this as an answered

• 5 months later...

I am going to BUMP this thread as I am plagued with issue too. I have uninstalled each mod in turn with no success. TESVEdit does not show the bandits as modded, but it is always one in every encounter and never the boss. It has even affected a 3DNPC villain. I am sick of having to use disable.

Archived