Kendo 2's Hi-Rez Lip Mask for Female Elves *DELETED

Kendo 2

Hello Kendo..

I installed this mod and it is a nice touch. Thanks.

Are those faces in the examples custom?

I am not too big on changing faces out and such. I usually ( currently ) accept what was given to me minus the ocassional fix texture etc. However Besthesta really made those dark elf females into ugly SOB's. ( the males are any better looking either ) Something seriously messed up around those eyes.

Glad you like the new lips. :)

The faces are 'custom'.  I took files from Etheral Elven Overhaul, Bella's Better Females, and some SG UNP retextures and made my own mod.  I didn't use ECE or Race menu to tweak the faces.  What you see is what I can get out of files, the CK and vanilla chargen sliders.   The eyes are new.

WHAT!!! Kendo cant mod! This is a scam!

I can mod (I guess).  I like Blender work, but I'm not into making an outfit twice, so I really don't 'mod' Skyrim other than end user tweaks.  Though I have broke out the Paint Book recently and I'm working on new elf eyes.  I already have the palletes done.  14 colors with different transparency values and the templates.  I even made a new mask for the eyelashes based on what eronel55 did for FO3.  OOK.

Thanks for the mod. So, just to make sure - the mod doesn't conflict with any other mods such as Race menu?

This mod should work with anything.  It just replaces the lip tint mask with a hi-rez one with more definition.  It won't change the fundamental looks of characters other than more refined lips.

Edit - OK. I've now replaced all my lip tintmasks with this. I know it seems like a small thing - but it truly made a huge difference for me, especially with the new Zonzai texture set! Love!

I replaced all the lip masks in my game with this mod.  Once I saw what I made in-game, it was a 'holy-cow-it-works!' moment.  Eventually I get around to making lip masks for all of the human-like races, but for now I focusing on elf girls.  ;)

You need some permissions? Collaboration..? Anyway. It will be great when this available.

I am tired of black, red, yellow variations and don't get me started on the blind eyes... There is all sorts of magic that can even raise the dead and nobody can figure out how to restore an eye.. really... :D.

The eyes I have done are 'lore friendly' in the sense that they are all in the color spectrum of what the races already have, there are just more options.  Altmer have yellow based eyes with gold, green and blue irises.  Bosmer are brown based with earth tone browns, golds and greens.  Dunmer are red based with red and purple themes.  I also have human-like variations so if people don't like the yellow, brown or red tinged bases they can have the same color iris options on a white base.

And I'm waiting on permissions.  I pulled a couple alphas for the lower layers of the eye textures from an existing eye replacer.  The way things are turning out, I wish I hadn't done that.  If this falls through, I'll just convert all the textures I have done to pngs and start over. :-/

That sounds perfect. I like the "lore friendly" color options. Elf should look different however they should have a selection. Which is sorely missed currently.

Permissions.. dam they get you every time.. Sorry to hear that and hope it works out for the best in the long run. Whatever that might be. .

Certain Nexus members .. cough, cough.. wouldn't be so honorable... ;)..

On a side note.. I just noticed how much your "lucy" elf looks like Lucy Liu.. Was that intended. She even has the freckle as well. )

photo-carter-smith-lucy-liu.jpg

Put some ears on her and some contacts.. :D

You are the master.. ;) I saw that picture and when I saw the name Lucy on the link I immediately though of Lucy Liu. Even the type and characteristic of the freckles match. The only thing you didn't do is match freckle to freckle.. lol.

After that gets released ( hopeful) all we would need is that marshal arts weapon she used in Kill bill. :D. Hell I guess we can get away with just a katana.

:D

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT: 14 September 2014

After a lot of experimenting and on-line investigating I have discovered that high resolution tint masks are snake oil to the Construction Kit.  They don't  work as intended since the game mechanics cannot register tint masks larger than 256x256.  This is true for ALL player-made tint masks, not just mine.  High resolution masks work fine in the game (they won't break anything) but they are useless for making NPCs or other face tinting work in the CK.

I will be retrofitting the mask in this upload and some additional ones I have made for all of the human/elf races and uploading them on a separate mod page.  I will include two resolutions for each mask; one for the game and one for the CK.  That way there will be a consistency in shapes.

I have the low resolution tint masks for eyeliner, eye shadow, eye tint and lips ready for beta testing.  If anyone is interested in testing the files and providing feedback PM me with the subject line 'Tint Masks Testing' and I'll send you the files.

Dam... I love the eyes I tested already.. I would be all over this testing but my gaming computer just died or dying and I have been running test on memory and such most of this week. Then some last minute outside projects around the house getting ready for winter.. Dam..

I can't test it at least not right now. Maybe sometime later this week or beginning of next week. 

For everyone.. Kendo has outdone himself on the eye tints I know because I have been using them ( beta) and they really look good. Gives more soul to your character ( female only.. ;)) If you can test I strongly advise you to do so.

Archived