Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Tutorial] Mod Organizer - Installation of SKSE v1

MO Mod manager Tutorial SKSE Skyrim tools

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Domo arigato misuta Robotto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts

not sure but you might try reinstalling it the wrong way again.. Then while the files are still highlighted you might be able to delete them. Then you can install them the correct way. To answer the question you have I doubt it will cause problems being installed wrong as those files will just take up space. The game won't see them or use them in any way. However it is important that you do have it installed properly for the game to see and use.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

bravodelta217

bravodelta217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

I installed SKSE into MO using Op's method. I don't get an option for running SKSE via MO in the Run section.

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts

http://wiki.step-pro...Troubleshooting

This pages gives some info on setting it up . It should be automatic make sure you have SKSE installed to the main folder not the data folder and then check the link I have it is about 2/3rds of the way down.

That link has all the support. Also there is a Gopher video that has some instructions as well that might help you figure out where you went wrong.

bravodelta217

bravodelta217

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

http://wiki.step-pro...Troubleshooting

This pages gives some info on setting it up . It should be automatic make sure you have SKSE installed to the main folder not the data folder and then check the link I have it is about 2/3rds of the way down.

That link has all the support. Also there is a Gopher video that has some instructions as well that might help you figure out where you went wrong.

Thank you very much. I finally got working with this.

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts

You likely just missed a step didn't you :) It happens in time this will come second nature to you.

Balmung889

Balmung889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi guys, I have a question for you.
I have problems with NMM (I already asked, another topic) so if I do not get answers I need this other information for MO.

I have previously installed the mod that included animation with MO.
The mods were installed properly but when I used FNIS to record animations in the game, FNIS not find the animations.

Basically I installed mod properly but without animations.
When using NMM instead, animations are normally found from FNIS

Can you tell me what's the problem?

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts

I have problems with NMM (I already asked, another topic) so if I do not get answers I need this other information for MO.

The mods were installed properly but when I used FNIS to record animations in the game, FNIS not find the animations.

You ran FNIS through MO correct? (launched it). Otherwise it will not see any mods or animations and return clean.

Balmung889

Balmung889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

You ran FNIS through MO correct? (launched it). Otherwise it will not see any mods or animations and return clean.

Oh yes, that was the problem. Thank you!

Jaymega0817

Jaymega0817

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I have no idea if you are a man or a woman...

But I am so happy I could kiss your right now! Many people may have a handle on how to do this but they are HORRID teachers and make things seem like hebrew when they explain it to no pro's. You did not do that. You kept it simple and easy to understand.

THANK YOU!

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts

Glad it could be of help

nestor28

nestor28

Advanced Member

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Moderators, please feel free to move this to a better location if needed.

The attached file is a downloadable PDF with photos and a more detailed instruction for those that need added guidance.

The Mod Tutorial – Installation of SKSE

Scope of tutorial:

• Cover the basic installation of SKSE from download to installation as well as load order configuration in MO.
  • This tutorial only covers the installation into MO if you wish MO to control the conflicts with scripts that SKSE installs. ( advised)
  • Still needs to have the correct files installed into the Skyrim folder manually. (everything but the data folder.) Drag and drop into the same folder where you see TESV and "Data" folder.
  • Drag and drop into the same folder where you see TESV and "Data" folder.

Requirements:

It is assumed for this tutorial that you have a functional installation of Skyrim and Mod Manager ( MO ).

Step one: Download

• Download SKSE.  Current version as this tutorial is 1.7.1.
  • Select the 7z archive version
  • For this tutorial I am saving it to the desktop. You can save it anywhere just remember where you downloaded it.

Step two: Installation

• Open MO.
  • Click on the top left icon that looks like a CD. Select that and then click “Open”. You should see the program name to the left of the “Open button”.
  • Now a new windows opens and is giving a warning “No game data on top level”. 
  • This indicates that the structure of the install folder is wrong and MO doesn’t know what to do with it. If it is installed like this SKSE won’t work. We need to make some changes. This is because there are files in the SKSE download that you don't need.
  • One thing I like to do is go to the top drop down menu where you see SKSE and rename it to a name that is easy to remember and manage For this tutorial I am using Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE v 1.07) as the name.
  • Click on the file and expand.
  • Right click on the “Data” folder and “Set Data Directory
  • Now you have a comment on the bottom of that window “Looks good”.
  • Select “OK” button to the right of that and the mod will be installed.

Step three: Fixing the Load order.

• Drag that file up to where you want it or change the "Priority" number to where you want it in the order.

Step four: Use SKSE

• You are now ready to use that tool that you just installed. Make sure you use the “SKSE” option left of the “Run” button.

Step five: Praise MO

• Yea MO!!!!

well tried it with version 1.7.3 and now MO can't find the skse exe. file so it won't run. maybe they your version of MO is different, that made no sense to me :/ 

Going to put it back in the skyrim root folder to make it work again.

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts

It is working for me. I am however using the MO 32bit not the new 64bit MO.

You can also use the drop down and find the SKSE executable and manually add it.

Also if you moved MO from the Skyrim Root folder to somewhere else you need to tell MO where it is.. along with the mods and other files needed for MO to run.

Settings, click Advanced, then find the folders. After you might have to manually setup SKSE.

Just in case.. to be sure... SKSE has to be installed in the Skyrim Root folder with the Data from it installed in MO.

Vachnic

Vachnic

Divine Bovine

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

To perhaps clarify a bit what Ritual is saying: just the .dll and exe files in the SKSE package MUST be installed in the official Skyrim folder.

You install ONLY the data-folder in the SKSE package with MO.

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,090 posts

To perhaps clarify a bit what Ritual is saying: just the .dll and exe files in the SKSE package MUST be installed in the official Skyrim folder.

You install ONLY the data-folder in the SKSE package with MO.

Yes.. this tutorial only covered the actual install using MO

The  rest someoen needs to know what to install into the main folder or as Vachnic states above. the"official" Skyrim folder. If you don't do that step.. then MO will not find SKSE as the .dll file will not be available. Perhaps this is what happened? Only did the MO step..

Quote from Above Tutorial.

• This tutorial only covers the installation into MO if you wish MO to control the conflicts with scripts that SKSE installs. ( advised)
  • Still needs to have the correct files installed into the Skyrim folder manually. (everything but the data folder.) Drag and drop into the same folder where you see TESV and "Data" folder.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MO, Mod manager, Tutorial, SKSE, Skyrim, tools