Devious Devices For Him 18th July 2017

Had a problem, which may very well be something dumb I've done, but had to ask! I was trying to add a number of new mods to my game, including the devious device mods (assets, expansion, integration), SOS and the Captured Dream Shop. My character is male so when I saw your mod it looked like a must-have. So I added it and your patch for the captured dream shop. My problem is that my game won't load whenever the devious devices for him captured dream shop patch enabled. I've gone through every mod that I installed over the last few days and that one is the one that seems to be conflicting with something or in the wrong order possibly? When I disable it in the Nexus mod manager the game will load, when I enable it I get a CTD prior to the load game or continue menu. I have all the required components (I'm pretty sure), I ran loot in advance to try and get my load order right, but I just can't start the game with your patch in place. Could you possibly tell me if the patch needs to be in some particular position in the load order relative to other mods such as the captured dream shop? Will devious devices for him work with the captured dream shop without the patch?

Please forgive me if these are totally dumb questions, but thank you for your mod and any pointers you might be able to give me! And if there is any information I needed to provide but didn't please don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to rectify the omissions… THANK YOU!

UPDATE: I am utterly confused now, but I'm not sure my problem was with your captured dream shop patch per se. After monkeying around with everything I was brave enough to touch, now my game is loading with both of your files as long as I disable another mod I just added – devious devices for the masses II. (I installed your mod and devious devices for the masses because they were both recommended on the Captured Dream Shop page.) Briefly I was able to start Skyrim with masses II enabled as long as your captured dream shop patch wasn't loaded. That doesn't make sense to me based on what they do but then most of this is like a foreign language to me. I'm wondering if the real problem isn't that masses II is messing up because of a mod I've had for a long time – amazing follower tweaks. AFT affects followers clothing, so maybe that somehow conflicts with masses II adding clothing to NPC's in general? Anyway, I'm still open to suggestions if any of you brilliant folks (and by reading many of the posts I've learned most of you know much more than I do!) have any ideas on how to get all of that working together, and thank you so much for bearing with me!

I can't be certain, but my money would be on the load order or missing master being your problem (more often than not that's what's responsible with a CTD at start up). The load order shouldn't need to be too strict with both my mod and the CD patch, but this is the order I have the mods in question which works for me:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

SexLab.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

Devious Devices - Assets.esm

Devious Devices - Integration.esm

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

Devious Devices - For the Masses II.esp

Devious Devices For Him.esp

Captured Dreams.esp

DD For Him - Captured Dreams Patch.esp

My .esps don't really do much other than alter item properties, so there should be no real chance of them having a serious conflict with another .esp. You can also run For Him and Captured Dreams without my patch, but the items added by Captured Dreams (these consist of some reskinned items and some items that have the regular skin but different scripts and whatnot) won't be visible on male characters. As for the potential for the problem being For the Masses II, I couldn't possibly comment as I've had no problem with that mod. But if there is an incompatibility with it and another popular mod, you can generally bet that someone would have mentioned it somewhere in that mod's thread.

Although mind you, while the Captured Dreams patch works for me. I haven't had anyone else comment on it as to know whether it's working okay for everyone else or not :P

I can't be certain, but my money would be on the load order or missing master being your problem (more often than not that's what's responsible with a CTD at start up). The load order shouldn't need to be too strict with both my mod and the CD patch, but this is the order I have the mods in question which works for me:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Captured Dreams.esp

My .esps don't really do much other than alter item properties, so there should be no real chance of them having a serious conflict with another .esp. You can also run For Him and Captured Dreams without my patch, but the items added by Captured Dreams (these consist of some reskinned items and some items that have the regular skin but different scripts and whatnot) won't be visible on male characters. As for the potential for the problem being For the Masses II, I couldn't possibly comment as I've had no problem with that mod. But if there is an incompatibility with it and another popular mod, you can generally bet that someone would have mentioned it somewhere in that mod's thread.

Although mind you, while the Captured Dreams patch works for me. I haven't had anyone else comment on it as to know whether it's working okay for everyone else or not :P

I have not seen any issues with the patch, I am using it myself. For the Masses II just uses items from Integration but the installer needs fixed and adds a patch esp for Cloaks, that can be deactivated if you don't have cloaks of skyrim. If you are using any of the addon's from Captured Dreams some have not been updated for some time and won't work properly and could be the cause of the crash.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Captured Dreams.esp

Thank you. If I can figure out how to maybe I need to make sure the patch is loaded after Captured Dreams on my system. (I run LOOT, but I guess that isn't fool-proof.)  I haven't really got to try your mod yet in game, but I can start Skyrim again now so I'm looking forward to checking it out. I can't help but think this should make gameplay more interesting! I'm looking into the masses II / captured dreams threads today to see if I can learn more about my problem. I am grateful for you taking the time to share this mod, and for the advice!!

PS. Can the plugs be worn under normal armor, or do they require a harness to hold them in place?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Release 5 hotfix, and, well, everything else!

One other thing I'm not sure needs fixing:  I've been watching the Pet Collar mod get developed, and it looks promising if it gets integrated into other DD mods.  I was going to ask for a DDfH update to include it, however my brief test suggests that it is already working okay.  Does anyone else have any input?  One potential problem is that the slave boots appear to count as clothing for the Pet Collar, but if so that's more likely to be an issue for another mod unless DDfH is flagging the male boots differently than the female boots.

Hey Sathar,

I took a quick look at the Pet Collar mod with tes5edit. As it is now, it should work perfectly fine with DDfH as long as DDfH comes after it in the load order.

By counting boots as clothing, do you mean it uses the "prisoner shoes" model? As that's the model used by the slave boots if my mod is not used, and so if any other mod changes the boots and is loaded after my mod, the 'prisoner shoes' model will be shown instead. Pet Collar doesn't do anything with boots by the looks of it, so it'll likely be another mod causing your boot issue. Chances are it can be solved by putting DDfH later in the load order however.

Are you using Inte's SD+ Patches by the way? I just looked at those and that'd cause issues with the boots. I'm going to cook up a compatibility patch for it.

I took a look in tes5edit myself and came to the same conclusion about load order.

The behavior I questioned was that the pet collar was shocking me while wearing the slave boots, which seemed non-intuitive (so I thought that they might be flagged wrong).  On further experimentation, I think that only the "unlocked slave boots" cause a shock, but the lockable slave boots do not.  I suspect that this is deliberate, vanilla Pet Collar behavior and indeed DDfH is working "perfectly fine."

There, put out a patch for Inte's SD+ patches. If you use SD+ you should check out Inte's patch, they're doing some good stuff with it.

@ Sathar - Ohhh, now I get what you mean. But yeah, nothing I've done should affect that :P

@ KestrelSky - Thanks :D

Finally, more kink for the guys! Really nice work you did there! First, I was reluctant to bring up the DD stuff in the game because it was just for the chicks. Now, I'm playing it out hard! Here are some SS of my boy Zeke "enjoying" the DD stuff, possibly would add more later with my other guys! (Currently playing Immerslave mod, I feel like a blow up doll in a frat party".

post-262699-0-63807300-1413710097_thumb.png

post-262699-0-03594000-1413710110_thumb.png

post-262699-0-87036000-1413710122_thumb.png

post-262699-0-84374900-1413710137_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I guess when leaving an ArmorAddon biped model blank for females in the CK it gives them whatever's assigned for the male biped model?

I've uploaded a hotfix that should sort it. Though the result of it is that 'Custom Slave Harness' ArmorAddons now just use the original separate harness/ collar meshes for both genders. To my knowledge this shouldn't cause any problems though as I believe the custom slave harness is simply the collar and harness together in one mesh rather than being anything special.

For users of Deviously Cursed Loot, the new version (2.x) adds a number of new items (mostly copies of existing DD items) which lack male models.  I've thrown together a quick patch to fix this, based off of DDFH, but as this is my first attempt at editing a mod, it might be better left to those with more experience than me.  I'll attach what I have so far (I've gotten permission from the author of DCL, though not the author of the meshes he reused).

Deviously Cursed Loot Patch For Him.esp

@Sathar - Awesome :D Took a look at it with tes5edit and it looks sound. Would you like me to add it to my download page?

@Numerals - Yeah, it's a bit of a niche so the thread can get buried easily :D

If anyone knows a thing about basic texture work and is willing to offer their services, please contact me. I've got a mesh for an iron chastity belt cock cage that I've been sitting on for a while now, but doing the textures for it are a bit out of my comfort zone - image editing software is scary. (Basically there's another 2 UV maps that I need textures from the iron belt putting on to, at least I think that's all that needs doing).

If anyone wants to give it a shot without committing to anything, I've attached the .tga, .blend and raw .nif file.

NOTE: this does not contain any game ready assets, so don't just download for the hell of it.

Iron belt cock cage.rar

@Sathar - Awesome :D Took a look at it with tes5edit and it looks sound. Would you like me to add it to my download page?

Please do, and feel free to change or expand it as you like.  I didn't attempt to address any of the scripts, just added the male model references and changed a couple of the message texts.  Also, I tried renaming the vaginal plugs as "urethral plugs", though without new meshes, models, and some pretty serious script editing (which could apply to the DD items, too), this is little more than a faint gesture.

@Numerals - Yeah, it's a bit of a niche so the thread can get buried easily :D

If anyone knows a thing about basic texture work and is willing to offer their services, please contact me. I've got a mesh for an iron chastity belt cock cage that I've been sitting on for a while now, but doing the textures for it are a bit out of my comfort zone - image editing software is scary. (Basically there's another 2 UV maps that I need textures from the iron belt putting on to, at least I think that's all that needs doing).

If anyone wants to give it a shot without committing to anything, I've attached the .tga, .blend and raw .nif file.

NOTE: this does not contain any game ready assets, so don't just download for the hell of it.

I'll try and have look at it. To be honest I've never given it a try. But most things in modding I've "never given it a try". It's a learning expereince and you don;t know till you give it a shot.

I do plan to go back to looking at meshes again. I've got a new PC, and restored my old one which had all the programs installed. As I am back at work from tomorrow I will try and get everything installed again to start looking at meshes again. Had a few things I wanted to do for this mod.

@Sathar - Okay, added! Thanks for doing that! Don't worry, I've not done anything about vaginal plugs myself :D For now I just pretend they don't exist >_>

@Rydin - Cool! :D Have a poke around, lemme know if you get anywhere. The main belt part itself and the penis haven't had any change in vertices so the original texture files still works for them. The padlock uses the leather posture collar textures, and the metal loop holding the padlock there uses the original iron belt textures again. So it's just the 2 main cockcage parts that need texturing. If you're able to just get me .dds files for them then I should be able to do the rest (provided I haven't done some big mistake with the modelling that renders the whole thing a waste of time, it is my first original mesh work after all). Congrats on your new mod by the way!

Hello. First off, Thank you for making this wonderful mod! I love it.

Everything seems to be working ok, except for one chastity belt the genetalia are visible. All of the other belts are working great. But this specific belt,the one applied with the posture collar if you make the Master angry. It's called the "Captured Dreams Chastity Belt Padded" in game. The one with the closed rear shield and a custom lock. The other belts work great. Just this one doesn't seem to be working. I believe I've installed all the appropriate DD assets and the for male patches.

Is there some way I can fix this? Some work around I can configure?

Thanks again for this great mod.

Hi w1des!

Apologies for that, small mistake with the Captured Dreams Patch. I just uploaded a hotfix that should fix it! I haven't tested it in game though, so please let me know if it did the trick. Many thanks for letting me know about it!

Glad you're otherwise enjoying the mod.

Hi w1des!

Apologies for that, small mistake with the Captured Dreams Patch. I just uploaded a hotfix that should fix it! I haven't tested it in game though, so please let me know if it did the trick. Many thanks for letting me know about it!

Glad you're otherwise enjoying the mod.

Wasps,

Thanks very much for taking the time to try and resolve this problem. It is very much appreciated. I just testecd the new patch and unfortuantely the problem was not corrected. My chars privates are still visible while wearing that belt. The new patch seems to break a few other things as well. The posture collar and chastity bra are no longer showing on the character. Sorry, :( wish I had better news to report.

Thank you sir for your troubles.