Devious Devices For Him 18th July 2017

Does your mod works with every body weight? And with SOS? I'm asking before I add this and other body mods to my game, just to be sure.

Could you perhaps be a bit more specific? Do you mean body size? Ie. Muscular versus average? And what do you mean by working with SOS? I use SOS and these mods and it works fine but maybe you are expecting more than what I am thinking you mean?

Yes, I meant muscular or average, big or skinny. Since in SOS you can have very massive body shape, I wanted to know if it's compatible with that, avoiding to see (or better not to see) devices sunk in character body just like the bra in females if they have bigger breasts.

Hello!

First of all, thank you! I was tired to see all the mods I love add DD as requirement, since I had a male PC I couldn't use them properly. So thank you very much!

Unfortunatly, I have a problem. When I put a harness on, my game stops. Cuffs, collars, gags work, but not harnesses. Is it a problem with my game, or with the mod?

And I have an another question about the other plans you have for this mods. I have an argonian PC so I wondered, will you make an argonian mesh (I'm sorry if it's not the right word) ? I'd love to, but most of the devices work without, fortunatly.

Well... Thank you, once again!

UPDATE : chastity belts, plugs and armbinders work too, so the problem is only with the harnesses.

UPDATE 2 : The belts work but I still see my PC's penis. I think it's because he's an argonian, but I prefer to say it, just in case

I need a bit more information to see if I can help or test out the bugs. I haven't used build 4 ingame yet and I play as a Breton Male so I can see if I suffer the same issues on my PC or by making a new Argonian PC.

- Can you explain what you mean by your game stops? Does it freeze? CTD? Is the PC stuck but everyone else moves? Can you take the harness of and resume play as normal?

- Could you be a bit more specific on what models? There are a lot of belts and harnesses (including retextures). If you can either list the object ID or the full title used in game for the objects in case some work and some don't. Is it all of them (or at least a majority, don;t need to were all textures, just try out the iron, padded, leather etc).

- Do you use a custom penis or do you use the default SOS penis?

I may ask to see your load order but until I try it on my Breton and an Argonian I cannot be sure. I am assuming right now however that it will be a fault with the parent mods as all DDFH adds is male meshes so it shouldn't freeze the game. There are no scripts in it so if the penis on Argonian males doesn't hide it most likely one of the DD parents or even an SOS issue.

Have you used (out of curiosity) the old Devious Devices For Males Addon (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/714-devious-devices-males-addon/)?

Hello again!

Well, I was using an another nude mod, but I wanted to try with SOS and... Everything works now! The harnesses, the chastity belt, everything's fine! Thank you for your help ^^

I'll search to find which nude mod I was using, to say it was conflicting.

So, as everything works, the only "problem" is due to blindfolds and gags since argonian have different faces, but it's not really important ^^

@Brokenrose - SoS Bodybuilder shape is not supported and I'm afraid I don't have any plans to make it so, plus if I did, it wouldn't even look very good as the devices would look so low poly as they'd still have the same amount of polys as they do on a female model that has what, a quarter of the width. All meshes that need them have functional _0 and _1 meshes though, meaning the weight slider is completely supported, so you can get a pretty muscular look by setting your character's weight to 1.

All SoS penises are supported as all the chastity devices simply occupy inventory slot 52 which hides the penis, no matter which penis mesh is used by SoS.

@Mercor - I'm afraid I have no plans at this time to make argonian (or khajit if any khajit players are reading and wondering) specific meshes. Sorry.

So I've spent some time with the harness meshing a bluge onto it to make it look a bit more masculine. I'm not very good at meshing so the shape is not very round but it works. Now I'm still a bit newish to all this and I'm learning something new each day when I make new stuff. I assume that _0 and _1 are different weights/body sizes? Cause they that would mean I would need to edit the mesh for both (unless I use niftools to scale option but someone can point me in the right diretion if that will work and is a viable option).

post-448111-0-70466300-1409840579_thumb.png

Left is the current working mesh for males in the build, right is the added bulge I've been trying out. (I know, I've capped two different textres, sorry!).

It's not the best of examples and I know perhaps the bluge isn't big enough or shaped enough. Baring in mind apart from other mods I've been learning through this is the first time I've opened a mesh and worked with it. I don't know what Wasps is up to as per such but if he isn't meshing these then I think I'll put it on my to-do list to learn to mesh better. :D

Right now I'm taking a bit of a break as I put a serious amount of hours into this mod over the past two weeks, so yeah, if you want to make improvements go ahead, don't worry about me suddenly raining on your parade. I'm also happy to help you learn the ropes, even though I only started with it two weeks ago I think I've got a fairly firm grip on it now. I should have internet set up at home on Monday and be online often from that point. Feel free to pm me your steam name or just pm me with any help you need. If you like, I should have export ready .blend files for the harness that I can provide you with which may be easier to make minor edits to. And yeah, _0 and _1 are for the weight slider, you can go into the SoS files and find the malebody_0 and malebody_1 to see how they compare. And yeah, it does everyhing needs two different meshes apart from gags and blindfolds to support the weight slider. For testing you can just put your _0 mesh as _1, such that it won't scale with weight but you can at least see if your 0 weight mesh works.

There's probably a few ways to go about it in this case, but what I'd do myself to make the _1 mesh in this case is to bring your _0 mesh up in blender, delete all the mesh apart from the crotch/bum part (don't keep the rivets/ rings either), import my _1 mesh, delete the crotch/bumpart, scale your crotch/bum part to fit with the rest of the _1 mesh and then join the crotch/bum part and the rest of the leather parts back together.

Oh, and as for the issue with other body mods crashing with the harness mentioned earlier in the thread, I just realised that it's probably because of some bones from the SoS male body  mesh that I kept despite probably not needing to. I could probably fix it. but to my knowledge there's not really any reason not to be using SoS with this mod anyway, so eh. If you do have a reason not to be using SoS with it, tell me and I'll fix it.

Right now I'm taking a bit of a break as I put a serious amount of hours into this mod over the past two weeks, so yeah, if you want to make improvements go ahead, don't worry about me suddenly raining on your parade. I'm also happy to help you learn the ropes, even though I only started with it two weeks ago I think I've got a fairly firm grip on it now. I should have internet set up at home on Monday and be online often from that point. Feel free to pm me your steam name or just pm me with any help you need. If you like, I should have export ready .blend files for the harness that I can provide you with which may be easier to make minor edits to. And yeah, _0 and _1 are for the weight slider, you can go into the SoS files and find the malebody_0 and malebody_1 to see how they compare. And yeah, it does everyhing needs two different meshes apart from gags and blindfolds to support the weight slider. For testing you can just put your _0 mesh as _1, such that it won't scale with weight but you can at least see if your 0 weight mesh works.

There's probably a few ways to go about it in this case, but what I'd do myself to make the _1 mesh in this case is to bring your _0 mesh up in blender, delete all the mesh apart from the crotch/bum part (don't keep the rivets/ rings either), import my _1 mesh, delete the crotch/bumpart, scale your crotch/bum part to fit with the rest of the _1 mesh and then join the crotch/bum part and the rest of the leather parts back together.

Oh, and as for the issue with other body mods crashing with the harness mentioned earlier in the thread, I just realised that it's probably because of some bones from the SoS male body  mesh that I kept despite probably not needing to. I could probably fix it. but to my knowledge there's not really any reason not to be using SoS with this mod anyway, so eh. If you do have a reason not to be using SoS with it, tell me and I'll fix it.

Tonight I got the hang of _0 and _1 when making a personal mod of the SOS Revealing Armors so it wasn't a replacer. I was trying to figure out why I had a neck seam gap so I installed race menu and when moving the slider, it clicked. So it makes much sense now.

I'll have to try and see if I can get Blender to co-operate again. I have tried twice to isntall it and get things to import/export/twek you name it and it doesn't want to co-operate. But I'll give it another go and have a go with your mesh to see if I can get my head around it. Which i'm sure won't take long. Each day I'm figuring out more and more just by tearing things apart and analyizing them. Thank you though and if I need any help I'll be sure to PM or send you my Steam username. ^^

I just put up a quick compatibility patch for the Captured Dreams mod, which *cough*Ididn'tbothertotest*cough* but it should work okay.

Still taking a short break from working directly on the main mod. However I have internet at home now so I'll start doing a bit of reading regarding the things I need to learn to do the rest of what I want to do..

Okay whoops, should have tested it as CK had a hiccup and messed it all up. Will have it fixed in an hour or two. If you already downloaded it, just uninstall it. It shouldn't really cause any issues but it just won't do anything.

Edit: fixed version up.

Build 5 is up. Didn't get around to doing the elf meshes yet as I'm busy playing around with side projects. So this build is just to accommodate version 1.1.3 of DDx (so be sure to make sure your DDx is up to date too).

What I'm currently up to:

Poking around scripts and trying to figure out papyrus in order to be able to implement panel gag meshes and change top left text.

Some mesh work for the iron chastity belt.

Writing a story inspired by a quest mod idea I have that is probably way beyond me so will never actually get made.

I'm afraid not. I have little interest in doing one plus I doubt it'd look very good as the polys would be so stretched thin. If anyone wants to take a crack at making one though, they can feel free to use my mod as a modder's resource.

The weight slider is supported though, so you can set your weight up to 1 to get a pretty muscular look. No where near as muscular as the bodybuilder model, but still pretty muscular.