Escape the Cell - Live Another Life and Skyrim Unbound Mini addons

View File

Version 7.0 - Non Dragonborn storyline expanded (almost done!)

Mod Description
I enjoy Live Another Life and Skyrim Unbound, but after talking to the statue and then activating the bed or pressing "begin", it always feels a little jarring to just suddenly be standing somewhere with no real context.

That's where this mod comes in. It will add a very simple story to each of the scenarios and, for the LAL stories, find a way to point you in the direction of Helgen (where you otherwise have no contextual reason to visit except for LAL's generic "you heard rumors about Helgen").

The other thing that I felt was needed was a storyline that gave the player a reason to start the main quest, so now all beginnings will start a short quest that will lead you to Bleak Falls.

New in version 5.xx - An epic* NON-Dragonborn storyline! Once you get to the cabin where your parents are supposed to be, you will have the choice between continuing the Vanilla storyline or beginning a new quest that assumes you wouldn't know a Dragon shout from a peal of thunder.

The quest is to find out what happened to your parents, who appear to have been killed. No shortcuts, aside from including as many of the Vanilla sidequests as possible as filler, were used in this deluxe-model storyline! Sure to be a hit at parties! It's water absorbent! As used in hospitals!

The scenarios that have something at this point:
Altered Beginning (and any other version of the Vanilla start)
- All versions of the Vanilla start. (Note: the EtC quest giver is down the road where the paths from Helgen's front gate and the path to the cave meet. This is to ensure compatibility with mods that start you in Helgen versus those that have you go through the cave.

You were caught crossing the border illegally. Thank the Divines a giant dragon staved off the headsman's axe just in the knick of time! Now, to your parents' house. Wherever that is...

LIve Another LIfe
- "I want to escape this cell"

You've been captured and dumped in this cell! Why? Who knows? All that matters is getting out. A couple of new friends may help you fight your way past those who put you here.

- "I've Been Shipwrecked!" -To start the quest on this option, escape the boat. There is another survivor on one of the ice flows on the far side of the nearest iceberg. Find him and talk to him.

You were a prisoner on your way to trial in Cyrodil. Fortunately the ship crashed and almost everyone is dead. Unfortunately, the ship crashed in about as inhospitable place you could imagine. You're free! If you can get to land without freezing to death.

- "I was attacked and left for dead!" (Gate to Morrowind location)

You were attacked near the gate leading out of Skyrim! Or was it the gate leading INTO Skyrim? It makes a difference, you know.

- "I was attacked and left for dead!" (Steamcrag location)

You were just about to start your life as a merchant, going to a market with your first load of goods. Alas, thieves took everything and left you nearly dead. Now you'll have to decide whether to crawl back home to face your mother's scorn or try something else.

- "I am a warlock's thrall" - warning: this one might be immersion breaking for some. Following fanuilh1's fantastic idea, this one is a "pulled from the real world" scenario. Also, it contains bad language.

You were at a great party on campus, but the punch must have been spiked 'cause now you're in this weird dream where things keep trying to kill you. Can anyone help you make sense of this?

- "I am a vampire in a secluded lair"

You and your friends went to the wrong party. Now they're nearly dead and you have been turned into an undead scourge. Follow your new master's instructions to begin your life of destruction.

- The Bee and Barb Inn - Speak to Mianne

You're finally of age and free of that horrible orphanage and its vicious matron! But what will you do now? Seek out your friend Arentino? Or maybe make your way across Skyrim to find the family you never knew you had?

- "I own property in one of the Holds" (Shoal's Rest Farm)

You just started your new farm. But your steward has arrived with bad news.

- "I own property in one of the Holds" (All player homes)

You have a new house! But what is the official-looking man doing in your parlor? Whattya mean, I have to move out?!

Skyrim Unbound

- The Burned Cabin under the "Wilderness" tab. If you want the shortcut to the non-Dragonborn storyline, use this beginning.

- The Bee and Barb Inn - Speak to Mianne

You're finally of age and free of that horrible orphanage and its vicious matron! But what will you do now? Seek out your friend Arentino? Or maybe make your way across Skyrim to find the family you never knew you had?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Anyway, that's it. Just a little extra story to go along with one of the options in LAL and SU.

This doesn't require Live Another Life or Skyrim Unbound anything else. It does not use anything from LAL or Skyrim Unbound. If you download it without either, all the npc's will be there. This just adds a pinch of flavor to one of the choices.

If you do not see the "escape from this cell" option, you probably need to update your LaL.

* Getting more epic by the day!

Full Changelog:

1.0 - Basic setup.
1.3 - Second prisoner should be able to become follower. More dialogue.
1.4 - Bug fixes.
2.0 - Added a scenario from Skyrim Unbound.
3.01 - Added Shipwrecked scenario from LAL and made a small questline to lead the player to Bleak Falls.
3.2 - Added one of the "left for dead" scenarios.
3.3 - Added "warlock's thrall" scenario
3.31 - Bug fixes.
3.4 - Added another "left for dead" scenario.
4.0 - "Vampire in a secluded lair" scenario
4.01 - New vampire scenario
4.21 - Improved warlock's thrall
4.22 - Bee and Barb beginning
5.0 - Improved Bee and Barb beginning, started Non-Dragonborn questline
5.1 - Vanilla starts added. Continuation of Non-Dragonborn storyline.
5.2 - Farm near Rorikstead. More Non-dragonborn storyline.
5.31 - All player home starts; more non-dragonborn story; tweaks and bugfixes
6.0 - Reconfiguration.
6.1 - Non-Dragonborn story continuation.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/17/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    fuz ro d'oh
  • Special Edition Compatible

Does this require Immerslave? I don't seem to remember any of the LaL options involving prison, and you didn't include any requirements (maybe you forgot).

Also, you should include your slavery mod in your signature; someone may want to pick up the project.

This doesn't require Live Another Life or anything else (and the description does say that;))

One of the options for both LAL and Inmerslave is "I want to escape from this cell."

Simple Slavery doesn't really have anything to build upon. It's really just a couple cages and some npc's.

"The other one can't, even though she was duplicated from the first and all of the settings are the same. Thank you CK for being screwy."

NPC that won't follow has an unsupported follower voice.  Lame how Beth limited that shit.

Change her to eventoned or commander or one of the supported voices. (sorry my memory isn't didactic eidetic.)

But anyway I changed the problem girl's voice and they both followed.

Warning, nudity.

Edit: If my explanation doesn't cut it PM me tomorrow when I'm sober and I'll try to explain better.

post-75157-0-32552700-1408337223_thumb.jpg

"The other one can't, even though she was duplicated from the first and all of the settings are the same. Thank you CK for being screwy."

NPC that won't follow has an unsupported follower voice. Lame how Beth limited that shit.

Change her to eventoned or commander or one of the supported voices. (sorry my memory isn't didactic.)

But anyway I changed the problem girl's voice and they both followed.

Warning, nudity.

Edit: If my explanation doesn't cut it PM me tomorrow when I'm sober and I'll try to explain better.

both following.jpg

Thanks! I never would have thought of that.

I'm curious which cell the NPCs are inside of, because in that same cell block is a follower I tend to use. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52150/? She's a khajiit that is chained to the wall in the cell with the hole in the floor. She's a pretty well balanced Khajiit close range fighter, and since she's one of the few followers that uses the khajiit voices, I like her.

I ran into an interesting bug... well, not really a bug, necessarily, just two mods making a conflict. I'm running the random sex mod by arizona_steve, and Lane was selected as the target of the mod. I was all the way across the dungeon (through the cells, not going the way out but just exploring) and she teleported to me and we began... after which, she proceeded to walk back to her cell and just sit there. I've unlocked her cell, exhausted every dialog option with her, and she won't get up and head to the exit like she's supposed to.

Not a big problem at all, and only an issue due to conflicting mods, but just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is running both mods together.

I ran into an interesting bug... well, not really a bug, necessarily, just two mods making a conflict. I'm running the random sex mod by arizona_steve, and Lane was selected as the target of the mod. I was all the way across the dungeon (through the cells, not going the way out but just exploring) and she teleported to me and we began... after which, she proceeded to walk back to her cell and just sit there. I've unlocked her cell, exhausted every dialog option with her, and she won't get up and head to the exit like she's supposed to.

Not a big problem at all, and only an issue due to conflicting mods, but just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is running both mods together.

Unless you make her a follower, that's all she's going to do. I suppose I should learn how to make them run once the cells are open.

I tried this mod earlier....i have creepy zombies installed...so i found the prisoners dead and the "guards" dead too *they were bandits*. There's about 40 or so zombies in the prison...so when and if i start a new game they'll be there wiping out anything they can find whilst i make a character XD. Now escaping the prison is twice as hard but more fun! just wish they didn't kill the ghosts too =(...oh well free stuff!

I tried this mod earlier....i have creepy zombies installed...so i found the prisoners dead and the "guards" dead too *they were bandits*. There's about 40 or so zombies in the prison...so when and if i start a new game they'll be there wiping out anything they can find whilst i make a character XD. Now escaping the prison is twice as hard but more fun! just wish they didn't kill the ghosts too =(...oh well free stuff!

Guess that constitutes a conflicting mod. :)

Guess that constitutes a conflicting mod. :)

naah...they we're ronery. so the zombies gave them a hug and then one thing led to another...and suddenly your walking through an abandoned prison with zombies trying to punch your face off and vomit on you. I wish the mod had feeding zombies...you know that feed animation while wearing the ring of namira? imagine running through skyrim and finding a group of these bastards doing this to some soldier or bandit...heck maybe even an animal. 

But more on related, the mod is great! This could actually expand on the abandoned prison's history...like how you got there and why. If we had a modder who'd expand the prison itself without touching the LAL area. then your backstory plus this would make it seem like a better intro....caught crossing the border illegally, so they knock you out and throw you in a prison which is now falling to pieces and worse...undead now walks it's halls. You and a fellow prisoner must escape before becoming victim to the undead. instead of a dam waterway tunnel that the trap door leads you to, it leads you into a catacomb of dead and undead prisoners where the imperials just threw them all in to rot. 

Btw, I know which scenario I'm doing next but I'm wide open after that. If anyone has a beginning from LAL or Skyrim Unbound they'd like to see, let me know and I'll stick it at the top of the queue.

This would be more complicated.. however....

If there was a way that you can connect the various mods here on LL into AL start that might be a very unique thing and add more playability. For example Submit or Defeat can be used as a base requirement for a start where you are already captured and have to escape with your life.

Other idea might be easier for the female character.. Diabella worshiper start .. start inside the temple with key access to the inside... perhaps even given the quest .. some background where you were a follower since being a child and you are just now allowed to leave to help find the next .. person etc ( whatever that girl is suppose to be I have only see that quest marker once.. lol) That might be a easier AL addition.

If there was a way that you can connect the various mods here on LL into AL start that might be a very unique thing and add more playability. For example Submit or Defeat can be used as a base requirement for a start where you are already captured and have to escape with your life.

Other idea might be easier for the female character.. Diabella worshiper start .. start inside the temple with key access to the inside... perhaps even given the quest .. some background where you were a follower since being a child and you are just now allowed to leave to help find the next .. person etc ( whatever that girl is suppose to be I have only see that quest marker once.. lol) That might be a easier AL addition.

I like those ideas, but they are far beyond my meager modding abilities. 

Your first idea is actually already done, at least to some degree. It's called Immerslave. It uses Sanguine's Debauchery for some of its starts instead of defeat or submit, and it makes full use of Devious Devices.

Your first idea is actually already done, at least to some degree. It's called Immerslave. It uses Sanguine's Debauchery for some of its starts instead of defeat or submit, and it makes full use of Devious Devices.

I've seen people tackle far harder subjects early in their modding career and become successful.. :). Of course not right now. If you like the idea try to start thinking about how to get it done. Then others might like the idea here and give a hand on how to do it. you will be surprised how much support can be given to those willing to work on something. :D.

One thing that did recently annoy me is factions. When one joins a faction in the start you shouldn't be attacked by them unless you do something bad to them. Yet just minutes after leaving the cell and coming back you are attacked like you are a stranger. That is the only fault I have with AL now. I do enjoy all aspects of this. .. Oh I also decided to download and use this mod as well. I have been interested in the "escape this cell" option as I haven't done that one yet. This would make it more appealing.

I've seen people tackle far harder subjects early in their modding career and become successful.. :). Of course not right now. If you like the idea try to start thinking about how to get it done. Then others might like the idea here and give a hand on how to do it. you will be surprised how much support can be given to those willing to work on something. :D.

One thing that did recently annoy me is factions. When one joins a faction in the start you shouldn't be attacked by them unless you do something bad to them. Yet just minutes after leaving the cell and coming back you are attacked like you are a stranger. That is the only fault I have with AL now. I do enjoy all aspects of this. .. Oh I also decided to download and use this mod as well. I have been interested in the "escape this cell" option as I haven't done that one yet. This would make it more appealing.

I'm glad you said that about factions. I now have a starting point for those beginnings. Something involving being involuntarily kicked out of said factions.

That I can live with.. Yea if they came up and told me to get my ass out of there or face the consequences.. That would make so much more sense then just leaving  and then returning to get my ass handed to me. When I got the mod I expected a different experience.. I do get it but I was hoping to be able to have some home base so to speak early on. Still it is better than the same ol'. :D.

I have loaded this and explored. It is nice. It is difficult to see where you changed anything from the main game if you hadn't explored that location yet. Nice, neat, to the point and virtually unnoticeable as if Bethesda did it themselves. I like mods like that. ;)

Can I ask a question / request.. ? It would be nice to have the option that the other prisoners weren't essential. Have a risk that one or both could die as you try to escape would be nice. Maybe a higher health value for them. Not too much but hopefully enough ;) and not too little that they die with two hits. Not a big thing. I can find the commands and use that the next time I create a character using this option. Just a thought.

Edit:

I just noticed or perhaps am mistaken. The victim in the cage looks like your character in Diabella's Recruit... Possible cross linked mods?

That I can live with.. Yea if they came up and told me to get my ass out of there or face the consequences.. That would make so much more sense then just leaving  and then returning to get my ass handed to me. When I got the mod I expected a different experience.. I do get it but I was hoping to be able to have some home base so to speak early on. Still it is better than the same ol'. :D.

I have loaded this and explored. It is nice. It is difficult to see where you changed anything from the main game if you hadn't explored that location yet. Nice, neat, to the point and virtually unnoticeable as if Bethesda did it themselves. I like mods like that. ;)

Can I ask a question / request.. ? It would be nice to have the option that the other prisoners weren't essential. Have a risk that one or both could die as you try to escape would be nice. Maybe a higher health value for them. Not too much but hopefully enough ;) and not too little that they die with two hits. Not a big thing. I can find the commands and use that the next time I create a character using this option. Just a thought.

Edit:

I just noticed or perhaps am mistaken. The victim in the cage looks like your character in Diabella's Recruit... Possible cross linked mods?

Thanks for the kind words. :)

I just choose templates in the Creation Kit, so any similarities between characters in different mods is due solely to my laziness in not customizing them. Although that would make a sneaky crossover...

The prisoners are not essential. If you're using AFT or some other follower mod, check to make sure it is set for followers to die. I know AFT has them unable to die by default.

I will check to see if she is truly essential and then which mod did this. I didn't think I had one that did that but somethings things sneak in.

Yes that would be a sneaky crossover. She could be "checking you out" to see if you are Dibella material since they usually don't endorse males. ( if you were a male player. ) If female checking to see if you have the "stuff".. required.

I was finally able to stabilize my game last week to be able to use this. I enjoyed how tough it was to navigate the dungeon; using CoT hardcore dungeon mode forced me to reduce the blindfold strength to 50% and use Leeches mode, or I would still be in there. Also, Deviously Cursed Loot became an additional pain in the ass while trying to decide which way I had already explored; the dizziness/blackout condition when finding a full set can cause a player to lose bearings. That was nice. As if the wasn't enough, once I finally found a road, the mod Skysight Simply Bigger Trees once again made me feel lost and helpless. If you guys have tried that one, it will mess you up while blindfolded, since bigger trees makes an area almost unrecognizable when you have no blindfold, let alone when you can't see well with one.

Have fun.